8039 replies to this topic

#7781 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

She may look like Kuina but they're completely opposite in both personality and skill. I hope Kuina comes back and is still stronger than Zoro but given Oda's portrayal of women I won't hope for it.

Oft but honestly it upsets me how Reiju is the crown princess of Germa but Ichiji is portrayed as the real leader :/

Tashigi is more like a version of Kuina who has never met Zoro and never got over her inferiority complex. Zoro still calls her a copycat after the timeskip. In this arc, we were told that cloning is technically possible thanks to Vegapunk. Coincidentally, Smoker and her are gonna on their way to meet him...

However, I am pretty disappointed in Oda's portrayal of women in part 2 and Tashigi should have gotten a better treatment in the timeskip after all the good things she did in Alabasta.

#7782 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:32 AM

That because tashigi is not kuina.
Tahsigi is weak and have complex about it.
If kuina is still alive than she Will be one of the top swordman in the op since she is bless with natural sword technique unlike tashigi.

I don't think tashigi Will forever weak because to be strong is the theme of her character.

#7783 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

Feelings after reading the very last page of this chapter...

tumblr_om7fx8FqfZ1vcb49fo1_500.gif

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#7784 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

Hope we get a good Sanji fight before this arc ends. Daifuku is right there. Kick him a bit and fight on par with him. Just needs to do something to make that bounty double like Luffy's bounty will.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7785 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:24 PM

Hope we get a good Sanji fight before this arc ends. Daifuku is right there. Kick him a bit and fight on par with him. Just needs to do something to make that bounty double like Luffy's bounty will.

Why would we get a Sanji fight this arc? They're running away. They're trying to get out of there. It really makes zero sense for Sanji to have a fight, given that the arc is almost over and there's no more intention to fight. It defeats the purpose of what they're trying to do.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#7786 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Why would we get a Sanji fight this arc? They're running away. They're trying to get out of there. It really makes zero sense for Sanji to have a fight, given that the arc is almost over and there's no more intention to fight. It defeats the purpose of what they're trying to do.

They might have to fight to get away.

ナルサク

#7787 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:25 AM

They might have to fight to get away.

Which is why the Fishman Pirates and Germa showed up; so that the SH’s don’t have to.

EXL5X4B.png

#7788 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:00 PM

Which is why the Fishman Pirates and Germa showed up; so that the SH’s don’t have to.

There is no way that they can keep Smoothie/Snack/Daifuku and co. from keeping up with a beat up Sunny. I don't mean they need a full fight showing who is better, Sanji or insert character here. I'm just saying, more of what we saw in 899, with Sanji deflecting a bunch of oncoming attacks from at least one of the 3 names I just mentioned. The only way this arc is long enough for Sanji to fight somebody in a real duel is if the cake doesn't work because of someone stopping Big Mom from eating it. Then all the attention would turn to the Big Mom pirates trying to stop the downfall of their captain. There is at least 1 more curve ball coming in this arc. That's the one I'm guessing. Not saying she is going down, just saying it can't be as simple as her eating the cake and her popping back to normal.

2XtVwF6.png

#7789 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:58 AM

If sanji doesn't get a fight. He Will guarantee get it in the next arc.

#7790 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

Ch900; See? Germa and the fishmen arent strong enough to protect the SH alone. So they might have to fight, the only way they wont is if Pudding confesses that sanji made the cake but I doubt her family will believe it.

Since it's ch900, the mysterious figure protecting germa might be someone we've seen. I saw an image that listed Dragon appearing in ch100, Rayleigh in 500 so I hope this person is important.
Also how
The fc
is anyone alive rn??
Franky's dream is for the Sunny to have a long journey so it can't be over..

ナルサク

#7791 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Dammit, Kaneki! You lost to Suzuya and Hanbee! How the hell this happened?!

Oh wrong manga. Same difference though...

#7792 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:32 PM

So the plot twist was that everyone died. Cool.

Seriously though, is this all Big Mom's dream? It has to be, right?

Also, Oven (like 8th strongest or something) countered all the fishmen. For once, a Yonko crew looking like a Yonko crew. If Luffy coming in and taking all those hits from Sanji, fighting Cracker, taking on the army and getting defeated there, and then having enough energy to even give Katakuri more than a love tap is bad (which it is), then this chapter at least gives some realism back to this arc.

We needed a training arc, not an explanation of Luffy activating his plot armor and taking 50,000 hits this arc and sticking around in the fights allowing his haki to grow stonger. Luffy is miles ahead of everyone on his crew now. All because Oda had to progress the story without properly letting Luffy and his crew gain a lot of haki beforehand. He should of lost by now, even with all the help he is getting. But no, Katakuri is given chances to finish him, but decides not to. And Luffy keeps getting stronger. Terrible writing. Just take some time to let the whole crew grow in their previous fights. So we know how Luffy is keeping up with bigger competition now. A few days after barely beating Doflamingo and he has the ability to do all this in Whole Cake? No, he doesn't, unless forced writing.

I would say let's keep it dark and let them lose. Next chapter we skip a little time, where we learn at the Reverie the Straw Hats and Germa have been defeated, and we're left to wonder how they get out. But this is a Shonen manga. They're escaping with the Sunny in perfect condition shortly after they escape. Everything that can go right for them will go right. And hey, that's what I want as much as the next guy. I love this arc and the progression Luffy is getting. I want him beating up Yonkos, but to force him up to top tier commander level like this, while keeping Zoro and Sanji so low in comparison still.. just no. We'll get Zoro and Sanji getting better haki 20x faster than they should next I guess.

2XtVwF6.png

#7793 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:17 AM

@foolish young

There will be no training arc. This is not Naruto and that's what is time skip for.

How Luffy is getting stronger after fighting stronger enemy is a terrible writing?

Zorro Will learn something new in Wano arc, either new technique or elemental sword or both.

Sanji Will get a buff. A new technique, demon form, or his cyborg enhancement awaken.

Luffy Will either get great 5, new haki aplication, and/or awaken devil fruit.

Edited by rocci, 31 March 2018 - 12:21 AM.

#7794 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:03 AM

@foolish young

There will be no training arc. This is not Naruto and that's what is time skip for.

How Luffy is getting stronger after fighting stronger enemy is a terrible writing?

Zorro Will learn something new in Wano arc, either new technique or elemental sword or both.

Sanji Will get a buff. A new technique, demon form, or his cyborg enhancement awaken.

Luffy Will either get great 5, new haki aplication, and/or awaken devil fruit.

More training was an option, but not a must.

Because he can't just get 2x stronger in 1 month. He uses gear fourth against Doflamingo and is drained out in about 1-2 hours. A few days later, he is able to beat Cracker with Nami's rain and by running to hide to have just enough energy to use gear fourth again. Then he jumps up to the 1st commander, passing Smoothie, and is able to 1v1 Katakuri after days of using every ounce in his body. The beginning of Luffy vs Katakuri, you see Luffy beat up to what seems to be half energy left at most, and a fully untouched Katakuri. Katakuri had him beat multiple times, but rather eat food instead of hitting him one more time. What.... why? Because we needed a power spike in Luffy to let him get closer to the Yonko, and it wasn't done correctly.

Something like that.

Something like that.

Probably Awakening next. He has to be close to mastering it.

2XtVwF6.png

#7795 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

But you made it sound like he fought all Commanders and some part of others, only to hit dead end with Katakuri. If Katakuri wasnt a true sportsmanship, Luffy would have died. Hell, there are four pirates that are against Charlotte Family and they still cant win. If Big Mom wasnt distracted for her fascination for cake, it would have been game over since day one.

Honestly, for lack of better words, booking here is pretty good. I would increase the pacing but a lot of its moment does come in play. Like one would jokingly say, If it was Fairy Tail, Big Mom would lose here.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 31 March 2018 - 02:06 PM.

#7796 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

There is no way that they can keep Smoothie/Snack/Daifuku and co. from keeping up with a beat up Sunny. I don't mean they need a full fight showing who is better, Sanji or insert character here. I'm just saying, more of what we saw in 899, with Sanji deflecting a bunch of oncoming attacks from at least one of the 3 names I just mentioned. The only way this arc is long enough for Sanji to fight somebody in a real duel is if the cake doesn't work because of someone stopping Big Mom from eating it. Then all the attention would turn to the Big Mom pirates trying to stop the downfall of their captain. There is at least 1 more curve ball coming in this arc. That's the one I'm guessing. Not saying she is going down, just saying it can't be as simple as her eating the cake and her popping back to normal.

Yeah, really solid prediction :zaru:

So the plot twist was that everyone died. Cool.

Seriously though, is this all Big Mom's dream? It has to be, right?

Also, Oven (like 8th strongest or something) countered all the fishmen. For once, a Yonko crew looking like a Yonko crew. If Luffy coming in and taking all those hits from Sanji, fighting Cracker, taking on the army and getting defeated there, and then having enough energy to even give Katakuri more than a love tap is bad (which it is), then this chapter at least gives some realism back to this arc.

We needed a training arc, not an explanation of Luffy activating his plot armor and taking 50,000 hits this arc and sticking around in the fights allowing his haki to grow stonger. Luffy is miles ahead of everyone on his crew now. All because Oda had to progress the story without properly letting Luffy and his crew gain a lot of haki beforehand. He should of lost by now, even with all the help he is getting. But no, Katakuri is given chances to finish him, but decides not to. And Luffy keeps getting stronger. Terrible writing. Just take some time to let the whole crew grow in their previous fights. So we know how Luffy is keeping up with bigger competition now. A few days after barely beating Doflamingo and he has the ability to do all this in Whole Cake? No, he doesn't, unless forced writing.

I would say let's keep it dark and let them lose. Next chapter we skip a little time, where we learn at the Reverie the Straw Hats and Germa have been defeated, and we're left to wonder how they get out. But this is a Shonen manga. They're escaping with the Sunny in perfect condition shortly after they escape. Everything that can go right for them will go right. And hey, that's what I want as much as the next guy. I love this arc and the progression Luffy is getting. I want him beating up Yonkos, but to force him up to top tier commander level like this, while keeping Zoro and Sanji so low in comparison still.. just no. We'll get Zoro and Sanji getting better haki 20x faster than they should next I guess.

No, we don't need a training arc. We already had a training arc. In case you forgot, they took two years away from sailing so they all could train.

Your complaint about Luffy being "miles ahead of his crew now" is nonsensical. Miles ahead of his crew now? It's like you haven't been paying attention. Luffy has always been miles ahead of his crew. It's never been close. Nothing about how Luffy has gotten stronger is terrible writing. I get that you subscribe to the idea of the M3, which is more of a fan made construct than something that has been explicitly been stated in the story, but come on. Also, your timing is off regardless. It's been weeks since Doflamingo, not days. Luffy was asleep following the Doflamingo fight for days, and there was a timeskip of more than a week between then and Luffy getting to Zou. Luffy has gotten progressively stronger, and has always gotten progressively stronger.

Luffy being stronger than your favorite character and consistently showing that does not make it forced writing.

EXL5X4B.png

#7797 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

No, we don't need a training arc. We already had a training arc. In case you forgot, they took two years away from sailing so they all could train.

Your complaint about Luffy being "miles ahead of his crew now" is nonsensical. Miles ahead of his crew now? It's like you haven't been paying attention. Luffy has always been miles ahead of his crew. It's never been close. Nothing about how Luffy has gotten stronger is terrible writing. I get that you subscribe to the idea of the M3, which is more of a fan made construct than something that has been explicitly been stated in the story, but come on. Also, your timing is off regardless. It's been weeks since Doflamingo, not days. Luffy was asleep following the Doflamingo fight for days, and there was a timeskip of more than a week between then and Luffy getting to Zou. Luffy has gotten progressively stronger, and has always gotten progressively stronger.

Luffy being stronger than your favorite character and consistently showing that does not make it forced writing.

Training arc (being a short arc, around 10 chapters) was just an option. Not my favorite of course.

Luffy needed help beating Doflamingo (had to rest 10 minutes), and Zoro took down Doflamingo's right hand man with no struggle. The gap was small between those two. As I suspect it was with Roger and Rayleigh. Days, weeks. All the same. Next to no time and he is 2x stronger. Why? Oda had to give Luffy a power leap, and because Katakuri wouldn't finish off Luffy. I'm tired of these "what if" fights that Luffy is getting. What if he couldn't rest 10 minutes? What if Nami didn't help him? What if Katakuri didn't impel himself or stop to eat food for comic relief? That's 3 losses instead of 3 wins. The worse was with Katakuri, because Luffy was growing very strong over the course of the battle.

Sanji is barely my 2nd favorite. Him and Zoro are always swapping places. But never in a thousand years will I care more about Sanji than I do Luffy. Both Zoro and Sanji should only be a little behind Luffy. Especially Zoro. The reason I want a Sanji moment in this arc is because of three reasons. Jinbei is joining the crew, and while Jinbei will be the 2nd strongest upon joining, he won't grow much as he is already at his prime, or near it. Both Zoro and Sanji will leap him. The other reason is because Zoro will probably get a moment of growth while Luffy and co. make their way to Wano. The third reason is simple really. Sanji needs a W in the New World. His greatest feat wasn't even the cake, it was him taking command of the Sunny with Luffy and Zoro not there, and fighting back against Big Mom's crew first. But his greatest win in battle has come against that Bobbin guy. A pretty weak guy. Yeah I see him fighting Vergo, Doflamingo, and then Daifuku. Stronger and stronger and stronger opponents. But is he winning? No.

2XtVwF6.png

#7798 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:38 PM

Luffy is an expert in gaining strength while fighting. Before Katakuri the gap was closer. Same with Crocodile and Rob Lucci. It's kind of his thing and we don't really know how strong Zoro and Sanji are now because they haven't had a real fight. At least Zoro will have one in Wano.

ナルサク

#7799 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Luffy is an expert in gaining strength while fighting.

Katakuri knew this and didn't finish him off. That is what I can't get over. I'm more angry about that than Nami helping him against Cracker, him getting 10 minutes to rest against Doflamingo, and Katakuri stabbing himself. This reminds me of Luffy getting stronger than Crocodile over the course of the arc, with Crocodile refusing to see Luffy die before walking away. Katakuri could of easily of stabbed Luffy the entire time he was trapped, but decided to eat donuts. That is not how I want Luffy climbing the ranks.

2XtVwF6.png

#7800 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

Training arc (being a short arc, around 10 chapters) was just an option. Not my favorite of course.

Luffy needed help beating Doflamingo (had to rest 10 minutes), and Zoro took down Doflamingo's right hand man with no struggle. The gap was small between those two. As I suspect it was with Roger and Rayleigh. Days, weeks. All the same. Next to no time and he is 2x stronger. Why? Oda had to give Luffy a power leap, and because Katakuri wouldn't finish off Luffy. I'm tired of these "what if" fights that Luffy is getting. What if he couldn't rest 10 minutes? What if Nami didn't help him? What if Katakuri didn't impel himself or stop to eat food for comic relief? That's 3 losses instead of 3 wins. The worse was with Katakuri, because Luffy was growing very strong over the course of the battle.

Sanji is barely my 2nd favorite. Him and Zoro are always swapping places. But never in a thousand years will I care more about Sanji than I do Luffy. Both Zoro and Sanji should only be a little behind Luffy. Especially Zoro. The reason I want a Sanji moment in this arc is because of three reasons. Jinbei is joining the crew, and while Jinbei will be the 2nd strongest upon joining, he won't grow much as he is already at his prime, or near it. Both Zoro and Sanji will leap him. The other reason is because Zoro will probably get a moment of growth while Luffy and co. make their way to Wano. The third reason is simple really. Sanji needs a W in the New World. His greatest feat wasn't even the cake, it was him taking command of the Sunny with Luffy and Zoro not there, and fighting back against Big Mom's crew first. But his greatest win in battle has come against that Bobbin guy. A pretty weak guy. Yeah I see him fighting Vergo, Doflamingo, and then Daifuku. Stronger and stronger and stronger opponents. But is he winning? No.

Right. Because a "training arc" that took 10 chapters only would do anything to quell the whining about Luffy's strength. It would go from people crying about the present to crying about how it only took Luffy 10 chapters to grow in strength. It was never an option, just a complaint that made no sense and never did.

Oh, please. The gap was not small between Doflamingo and Pica. Please stop. It has become more than clear that there is a distinct difference between the captain and the next in line. It has been shown abundantly over the life of the series. As far as Luffy "needing help" to beat Doflamingo, lets not forget that Luffy absolutely annihilated Doflamingo while in G4. You mentioned "plot armor" lets not forget that G4 ran out the first time just as Luffy was about to land that last hit on Doflamingo. He needed to recover for 10 minutes, he didn't need help to beat Doflamingo. Doflamingo was completely outclassed. Days and weeks are not "all the same", as we've seen how strength progression scales. These "what ifs" aren't as prominent as you try and make them seem.

No, both Zoro and Sanji should not be "just a little behind Luffy. They shouldn't be close. Zoro might be closer at the end than he is now, but Luffy will always significantly stronger. Zoro's goal is to defeat Mihawk, who when it's all said and done might not even be a top 10 fighter. Meanwhile, Luffy will be walking through top 10 fighters by the time he accomplishes his goal. Also, there is no reason to suggest that Sanji will leap Jinbe. This is nothing more than a way for you to scale Sanji to Zoro. Just because Zoro will probably be stronger than Jinbe (which he will), does not mean that Sanji will. Also, no, Sanji "taking control of the Sunny" was not his biggest W. Like it or not, Sanji's biggest contribution in the NW was the cake. To say that he "took control" of the Sunny is a bit of an exaggeration, as they were all working together anyway and it was based on a gag. Sanji is not Zoro. He is not Zoro's equal. He is not on Zoro's level. He's not near as strong as Zoro. Stop treating him like he is.

Katakuri knew this and didn't finish him off. That is what I can't get over. I'm more angry about that than Nami helping him against Cracker, him getting 10 minutes to rest against Doflamingo, and Katakuri stabbing himself. This reminds me of Luffy getting stronger than Crocodile over the course of the arc, with Crocodile refusing to see Luffy die before walking away. Katakuri could of easily of stabbed Luffy the entire time he was trapped, but decided to eat donuts. That is not how I want Luffy climbing the ranks.

No, Katakuri didn't know that until later in the fight. Nami was only necessary because Cracker was a direct counter to cqc fighters like Luffy. It wasn't because he was stronger than Luffy. Also, funny how you're not mad that Cracker did nothing but run away after their initial scrum, up until the point that he got frustrated and attacked Luffy hours later. Same can be about the 10 minutes thing. As I mentioned earlier, he absolutely obliterated Doflamingo while in G4. Doflamingo was completely outclassed. Luffy was literally winding up for the last attack before he ran out of G4, but you're mad that he needed the 10 minutes instead of that?

Katakuri didn't stab Luffy while he was trapped in the mochi because he didn't think he needed to. This is one of the more lazy arguments the OP fandom has tried to bring up for no other reason than they're pissed because they were wrong about Katakuri and they knew it at the beginning. Katakuri had trapped Luffy and was suffocating him, he had no reason to stab him because he had no reason to think that Luffy would break out of his awakening. It really isn't that hard to grasp. Likewise Katakuri stabbing himself wasn't a terrible thing either. He finally respected Luffy and wanted to fight him on his own without interference. He was making it an equal fight for someone he had just started to see as an equal.

EXL5X4B.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users