24 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 08:09 PM

Well lets see if they are forcing Ikemoto to rush this...So this arc will be done by chapter 80.

Summary Time: Chapter 78. Super Idiot... Who? A character likely Naruto, the people that work on this, the companies that have kept it going, or the audience?

Cover Page is Naruto looking over his shoulder...I guess to say he is gone as far as the story is concern...please don't tell me being sealed away was his "Death."

Shikamaru is just informed Naruto's chakra just vanished. A squad of ninja are searching his home. They also tell Shikamaru that right before they disappeared they sensed Nail's signature at the premises...kind of start off with that morons. The daughter see them investigating and realizes that her parents are gone.

Shikamaru uses the psychic phone line to contact Bolt and team and tell them what happen. Hime uses her power and says, 'yes he did it.' Bolt rushes off to find him. After Bolt leaves Hime decides to actually review the conversation and through lip reading she realizes that, "Kawaki is planning on killing Boruto...again"...even the manga is doing it. Oh right Salad is the only one in that room that does not know Nail killed once Bolt already. Shikamaru informs her of everything including Nail's reasoning. Salad feels shame at knowing Bolt died without her being able to do anything and refuses to let that happen...again.

While Bolt is rushing home Nail tries to seal him, using the same move he sealed his parents away, but is counter by Bolt's karma seal. Bolt asks what Nail did to his parents, and he answers. He trapped them in Daikokuten, a shinjutsu that has control over a dimension that time is frozen, Naruto and Hinata are held in stasis in a tiny magic cube. Bolt tries to reason with him but Nail considers himself already crossed the Rubicon...doubtful as if say, Nail just released them and then forced Bolt to tell his parent Femmy is still active in him. Naruto would forgive Nail instantly like he did before; hell, the second part is unnecessary bonus to prove he is not insane. Both them activate their seals.

Madoc is with Sai and is shocked that Nail gone AWOL. Sai asks him to be quiet as he is still receiving info and it looks like they may have to take extreme measures. Madoc looks worried...hey for once no snarking. This is rushing then.

Salad arrives and gets involved for once. Oh, so that's how he got that stupid scar. Ok. Salad arrives both Bolt and Nail tell her to beat it as Nail will kill her. She counters as someone who aims to become hokage she can't run from a situation like this. Nail strolls over and comments that, "Shinobi really are destine to die young" as he turns his tree arm blade-like. Which he has never done before. He lazily slashes at her which of course she can't dodge. So Bolt has to save her and gets that scar. He continues as he stroll over to them and threatens Salad to try to scare her into leaving. Then Cups arrives along with Shikamaru and Konohamaru the Useless. Oh Sasuke here too.

Shikamaru questions Nail. Instead of just saying again Femmy is active in Bolt he acts vague and sounds insane. Oh how convenient, through Bolt's damage eye Femmy comes out and possesses him...again. Which if Nail had told anyone would prove him right! Femmy releases Nail to allow him to escape, my guess to provide a sacrifice for the tentail's fruit. He does so because he is evil now and stupid.

Femmy taunts Bolt that he already lost one eye and the end has begun.

Doesn't feel as rushed as the last few chapters. But overall this arc is being rushed to its conclusion...a poor one at that. Seriously, this was poor compared to any of the Naruto Sasuke fights. 6 years and 6 months for this.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 February 2023 - 11:12 PM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2023 - 08:34 PM

Dragon Ball Super Chapter 90. Krillin is looking for the Zombie Andriods. They run a convenience store. He is arresting them to ask them question about their boss. He sees Mai there shopping.

Goten being more practical than any of his other family members hides his secret by getting on a bus a few stops before the school. He meets up with his classmates. Goten is a year younger than Trunks so he is not his classmate. A girl with a crush on Trunks ask him to help her ask Trunks to the dance, Goten says he cant, and it because Trunks wants to ask Mai. There bus is stopped by an evil Elvis android name Beta 7, apparently this has been happening a lot. The fat Gohan, who I have not gotten the name to yet, is handing out flyers to the dance and promoting it that the real Clean God (the video game Goten and Trunks play) will be there...as he kicks a box containing the costume. Mai invites Trunks to the dance as she notices a spybot following them. But Hedo too distracted by the chance to meet the Superhero Clean God.

Mai ropes Goten in on the plan apparently she knows he is a fan of Clean God. She also wants to capture him herself cause she sick of being a damsel in distress.

Goten goes with the girl with a crush on Trunks...is this going to end with her liking him? Mai comes in wearing an armored dress. She searches for Hedo, but Trunks meets them first, they bond while they wait for Clean God. Then Krillin comes in to arrest Hedo for stealing bodies from the morgue. He escapes. Krillin lets him go so they can find his lab. Then Mai orders Trunks to chase after him since he took their bags including the one with the data he wanted back. Trunks is shocked she know he Saiyaman X-1. They talk about other trunks.

Krillin and the two boys join up. Krillin tells them what's going on...as long as they don't tell their mothers. They want to capture Hedo because they are worried the RR are scouting him.

They enter the base and he sends a Dino android after them. It is difficult to beat until Krillin finds it weakness allowing the boys to destroy it. They arrest him. Turns out he already memorize the data...he wanted the case back because it contained a sign autograph photo from Clean God. So Hedo is in Jail...wait is this the end of the arc or they going to fight someone else?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 February 2023 - 08:51 PM.

#3 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 21 February 2023 - 12:54 AM

Not that anyone cares, but we're currently in The Prophecy Arc that started with Chapter 72, and I will admit the pacing has increased which I bet is for various reasons. 

Something did jump out at me while I was reading the chapter and i's placement is.... fascinating.   

I made a tweet about it, and will share it here: 

https://twitter.com/...6426891266?s=20

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 01:42 AM

Not that anyone cares, but we're currently in The Prophecy Arc that started with Chapter 72, and I will admit the pacing has increased which I bet is for various reasons. 

Something did jump out at me while I was reading the chapter and i's placement is.... fascinating.   

I made a tweet about it, and will share it here: 

https://twitter.com/...6426891266?s=20

Latest Boruto Ch got me thinking back to Part 1 Naruto & I just realized... Sasuke was about defect from Konoha after his skirmish w/ Naruto at Vol 20.

Rn,  Boruto is in Vol 20 & Kawaki is doing the same w/Boruto!!!  

That's not just a coincidence!!!

No. Sasuke was not about to defect just due to the skirmish with Naruto. It was a factor in his defection not the sole cause. He was in a state of frustration with his lack of growth compared to Naruto, who went from dead last to being able to match him if not surpass him as well as catching his brother's interest, wondering if he could ever avenge his clan if he just remained as he was, and the Sound Four gave him a quick and easy answer while Kakashi, his primary teacher if he remained in the village, told him to abandon his quest.

The Sound Four came at his lowest point and had him make a deal with the devil. If they hadn't come, he probably would have stayed in the village just be more bitter and hostile around Naruto.

Nail did not defect due to this fight with Bolt either, as he was already planning on it. Hence, why he sealed Naruto away. 

The situation currently happening in Boruto is similar to what happened to Sasuke because Ikemoto is invoking it. The notes are the same, but the tune is different. Just because something is similar -this case intentionally so- done not mean it is one to one the same. You have to look at the differences, and figure out what they scene are trying to say.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 February 2023 - 01:43 AM.

#5 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 21 February 2023 - 03:29 AM

No. Sasuke was not about to defect just due to the skirmish with Naruto. It was a factor in his defection not the sole cause. He was in a state of frustration with his lack of growth compared to Naruto, who went from dead last to being able to match him if not surpass him as well as catching his brother's interest, wondering if he could ever avenge his clan if he just remained as he was, and the Sound Four gave him a quick and easy answer while Kakashi, his primary teacher if he remained in the village, told him to abandon his quest.

The Sound Four came at his lowest point and had him make a deal with the devil. If they hadn't come, he probably would have stayed in the village just be more bitter and hostile around Naruto.

Nail did not defect due to this fight with Bolt either, as he was already planning on it. Hence, why he sealed Naruto away. 

The situation currently happening in Boruto is similar to what happened to Sasuke because Ikemoto is invoking it. The notes are the same, but the tune is different. Just because something is similar -this case intentionally so- done not mean it is one to one the same. You have to look at the differences, and figure out what they scene are trying to say.

My bad Bails,

I was trying to get that point around with my initial reply.

Kinda wrote it in a rush. I shouldve made it more clear 🙏

Edited by LuckyChi7, 21 February 2023 - 03:29 AM.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 21 February 2023 - 06:09 PM

My bad Bails,

I was trying to get that point around with my initial reply.

Kinda wrote it in a rush. I should've made it more clear

Fair enough I was very hungry when I wrote that. So probably more harsh than intended. Thanks for clearing up when the arc started. The story just merges them all together.

The difference about Sasuke leaving the village and what happening with Nail among other things:

Sasuke could have been convinced to stay in the village by his teammates if conditions were right. Kakashi's speech may have gotten through to him, if the Sound Four didn't come right after. Sakura could have convinced him to stay, if she truly loved and understood him instead of loving a shadow. Naruto could have stopped it by either being stronger, or by being more honest with him sooner; he thought of Sasuke like a brother and Itachi is after him because of the nine tails inside him.

Here, no one could have stopped it because no one knew what the hell was going on and when they did, he still left. Nail knew Femmy was still in Bolt no one else did. Instead of telling Naruto, he sealed him away. Instead of telling everyone else, he just attacks Bolt. Instead of remaining when everyone else found out why he was so concern, he fled, because the what the story required him to do.

For Sasuke his leaving it is a tragedy the could have been prevented. For Kawaki its contrivance. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 February 2023 - 11:56 PM.

#7 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 22 February 2023 - 12:55 AM

Fair enough I was very hungry when I wrote that. So probably more harsh than intended. Thanks for clearing up when the arc started. The story just merges them all together.

The thing about Sasuke leaving the village and what happening with Nail among other things:

Sasuke could have been convinced to stay in the village by his teammates if conditions were right. Kakashi's speech may have gotten through to him, if the Sound Four didn't come right after. Sakura could have convinced him to stay, if she truly loved and understood him instead of loving a shadow. Naruto could have stopped it by either being stronger, or by being more honest with him sooner; he thought of Sasuke like a brother and Itachi is after him because of the nine tails inside him.

Here, no one could have stopped it because no one knew what was going on and when they did he still left. Nail knew Femmy was still in Bolt no one else did. Instead of telling Naruto, he sealed him away. Instead of telling everyone else, he just attacks Bolt. Instead of remaining when everyone else found out why he was so concern, he fled, because the what the story required him to do.

For Sasuke his leaving it is a tragedy the could have been prevented. For Kawaki its contrivance. 

That's a great deduction between analyzing both scenarios and showcasing where they stand in terms of the story  and everything. 

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 11:06 PM

Well lets see if they are forcing Ikemoto to rush this...So this arc will be done by chapter 80.

Summary Time: Chapter 78. Super Idiot... Who? A character likely Naruto, the people that work on this, the companies that have kept it going, or the audience?

Cover Page is Naruto looking over his shoulder...I guess to say he is gone as far as the story is concern...please don't tell me being sealed away was his "Death."

Shikamaru is just informed Naruto's chakra just vanished. A squad of ninja are searching his home. They also tell Shikamaru that right before they disappeared they sensed Nail's signature at the premises...kind of start off with that morons. The daughter see them investigating and realizes that her parents are gone.

Shikamaru uses the psychic phone line to contact Bolt and team and tell them what happen. Hime uses her power and says, 'yes he did it.' Bolt rushes off to find him. After Bolt leaves Hime decides to actually review the conversation and through lip reading she realizes that, "Kawaki is planning on killing Boruto...again"...even the manga is doing it. Oh right Salad is the only one in that room that does not know Nail killed once Bolt already. Shikamaru informs her of everything including Nail's reasoning. Salad feels shame at knowing Bolt died without her being able to do anything and refuses to let that happen...again.

While Bolt is rushing home Nail tries to seal him, using the same move he sealed his parents away, but is counter by Bolt's karma seal. Bolt asks what Nail did to his parents, and he answers. He trapped them in Daikokuten, a shinjutsu that has control over a dimension that time is frozen, Naruto and Hinata are held in stasis in a tiny magic cube. Bolt tries to reason with him but Nail considers himself already crossed the Rubicon...doubtful as if say, Nail just released them and then forced Bolt to tell his parent Femmy is still active in him. Naruto would forgive Nail instantly like he did before; hell, the second part is unnecessary bonus to prove he is not insane. Both them activate their seals.

Madoc is with Sai and is shocked that Nail gone AWOL. Sai asks him to be quiet as he is still receiving info and it looks like they may have to take extreme measures. Madoc looks worried...hey for once no snarking. This is rushing then.

Salad arrives and gets involved for once. Oh, so that's how he got that stupid scar. Ok. Salad arrives both Bolt and Nail tell her to beat it as Nail will kill her. She counters as someone who aims to become hokage she can't run from a situation like this. Nail strolls over and comments that, "Shinobi really are destine to die young" as he turns his tree arm blade-like. Which he has never done before. He lazily slashes at her which of course she can't dodge. So Bolt has to save her and gets that scar. He continues as he stroll over to them and threatens Salad to try to scare her into leaving. Then Cups arrives along with Shikamaru and Konohamaru the Useless. Oh Sasuke here too.

Shikamaru questions Nail. Instead of just saying again Femmy is active in Bolt he acts vague and sounds insane. Oh how convenient, through Bolt's damage eye Femmy comes out and possesses him...again. Which if Nail had told anyone would prove him right! Femmy releases Nail to allow him to escape, my guess to provide a sacrifice for the tentail's fruit. He does so because he is evil now and stupid.

Femmy taunts Bolt that he already lost one eye and the end has begun.

Doesn't feel as rushed as the last few chapters. But overall this arc is being rushed to its conclusion...a poor one at that. Seriously, this was poor compared to any of the Naruto Sasuke fights. 6 years and 6 months for this.

Eh, either they go through with it in killing Naruto off and pissing off anyone that ever loved Naruto and still is putting up with this ineffectual sequel (I'm not), or they DO seal him and call that "killing him off" as a cop out. It's a lose lose situation either way, because both will not sit well with the fans that still bother with it. If they some how, some way, MIRACULOUSLY come up with another solution I'd be slightly curious about it, not that I would pick up the series just based on that

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#9 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 24 February 2023 - 01:13 AM

Wait, hold up, Hinata got sealed away too?

Oh gee, I wonder why this was done. :down:

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 February 2023 - 01:29 AM

Eh, either they go through with it in killing Naruto off and pissing off anyone that ever loved Naruto and still is putting up with this ineffectual sequel (I'm not), or they DO seal him and call that "killing him off" as a cop out. It's a lose lose situation either way, because both will not sit well with the fans that still bother with it. If they some how, some way, MIRACULOUSLY come up with another solution I'd be slightly curious about it, not that I would pick up the series just based on that

The thing is, I didn't even realize that was them, removing Naruto permanently from the plot, last chapter. I only realize that was the case when I saw this chapter's cover, which has Naruto's back to the audience and gave them the impression of a send off to a deceased character. I figured that it was temporary and that Naruto would escape, then he would die protecting Bolt.

This is the same thing that happened with Jenga where Naruto looked like he was dying and I had to question"...wait did he die off panel?" Now I'm going"...wait that sealing was him being removed from the plot till the end?" It just so weak.

Remember, he is not dead Phantom, he is just removed from the plot. What is likely going to happen is at the end after Bolt and Nail have their big final battle Nail will turn good and release them and they will be shocked at what has change at first but then forgive him.

I swear, no scene Kishimoto has ever done has been as weak as this. What more pathetic is that Ikemoto always writing this manga with the sense I have gotten that somehow he can do better than Kishi. Clearly not, especially if this is his best. Six years for this.

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 24 February 2023 - 01:31 AM

Wait, hold up, Hinata got sealed away too?

Oh gee, I wonder why this was done. :down:

Yes, that happened last chapter. Kawaki went to their house to have a talk with Naruto. In that Talk he said he will kill Boruto. Hinata slaps him. Naruto goes over to comfort his wife, and Kawaki seals them away.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 February 2023 - 01:46 AM.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2023 - 02:23 AM

The thing is, I didn't even realize that was them, removing Naruto permanently from the plot, last chapter. I only realize that was the case when I saw this chapter's cover, which has Naruto's back to the audience and gave them the impression of a send off to a deceased character. I figured that it was temporary and that Naruto would escape, then he would die protecting Bolt.

This is the same thing that happened with Jenga where Naruto looked like he was dying and I had to question"...wait did he die off panel?" Now I'm going"...wait that sealing was him being removed from the plot till the end?" It just so weak.

Remember, he is not dead Phantom, he is just removed from the plot. What is likely going to happen is at the end after Bolt and Nail have their big final battle Nail will turn good and release them and they will be shocked at what has change at first but then forgive him.

I swear, no scene Kishimoto has ever done has been as weak as this. What more pathetic is that Ikemoto always writing this manga with the sense I have gotten that somehow he can do better than Kishi. Clearly not, especially if this is his best. Six years for this.

Yep, ergo cop out. Maybe Ikemoto could have done better with Kishi, but I'd say 1. the plot of Naruto doesn't really leave much wiggle for Boruto to tell an engaging narrative anymore and 2. Well 'm not sure if they are actually passionate about this or is this merely coasting off of Naruto's popularity and hoping it sells. either way that is a by product of my first point, you can't really expand on the lore of Naruto more than already has been done and the thing is, even their slice of life stuff is not that interesting either.

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 05:18 PM

Yep, ergo cop out. Maybe Ikemoto could have done better with Kishi, but I'd say 1. the plot of Naruto doesn't really leave much wiggle for Boruto to tell an engaging narrative anymore and 2. Well 'm not sure if they are actually passionate about this or is this merely coasting off of Naruto's popularity and hoping it sells. either way that is a by product of my first point, you can't really expand on the lore of Naruto more than already has been done and the thing is, even their slice of life stuff is not that interesting either.

Phantom I must disagree that this is a cop out. A cop out is, they didn't know what to do so they just quickly came up with something lack luster or didn't put effort into it. This was the plan from the start. These events would have happened whether they happened a year into Boruto's run or two or three or eight or even ten. Which is what make it so bad.

1. Like I said there is a clear way they should have done it from Both Naruto's story and what Kishimoto started Boruto off with. Follow Sarada's journey to become hokage which involves going around and seeing what Naruto has accomplish and what she wishes to accomplish during her reign, this impressing Boruto and increasing his desire to be her shadow. Then once that's established go from there.

2. Is hard to tell if Ikemoto ever put effort into this manga.

They could expand on it, it is just Ikemoto sucks at it.

#14 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 25 February 2023 - 07:43 PM

Yes, that happened last chapter. Kawaki went to their house to have a talk with Naruto. In that Talk he said he will kill Boruto. Hinata slaps him. Naruto goes over to comfort his wife, and Kawaki seals them away.

Still, I feel like, and this is just me, Bail, that Ikemoto's biasedness shows. Wanting Naruto trapped with just Hinata since it makes no sense why he would seal her away when she could get her ass handed to Kawaki.

#15 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 08:45 PM

Still, I feel like, and this is just me, Bail, that Ikemoto's biasedness shows. Wanting Naruto trapped with just Hinata since it makes no sense why he would seal her away when she could get her ass handed to Kawaki.

He in a way had to, the Hinata Slap was an attempt to boost her popularity. Remember his manga exist of the concept that she is unbelievably popular, and that being in doubt as well as them being tried of him is why he is having to rush. So, he needed her to be there and if Nail had just sealed away Naruto and Hinata did nothing? That's just makes her look pathetic, ruining the point of the slap. So he had to seal both away.

#16 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 09:14 PM

He in a way had to, the Hinata Slap was an attempt to boost her popularity. Remember his manga exist of the concept that she is unbelievably popular, and that being in doubt as well as them being tried of him is why he is having to rush. So, he needed her to be there and if Nail had just sealed away Naruto and Hinata did nothing? That's just makes her look pathetic, ruining the point of the slap. So he had to seal both away.

Ahh, so Ikemoto is trying to show the ones in charge as he has to know Sakura reached 3rd place and is trying to do all he can to show she is still great since he was one of the ones who pushed Kishi into the ending that we got from what you told me in the other thread.

Still, I hope I know this won't happen, but I hope Sakura saves her ass wouldn't be the first time. Then again, her Japanese voice actress is ill if I remember, and we know Ikemoto hates or at the most dislikes Sakura and could have Kawaki kill Sakura.

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 11:21 PM

Ahh, so Ikemoto is trying to show the ones in charge as he has to know Sakura reached 3rd place and is trying to do all he can to show she is still great since he was one of the ones who pushed Kishi into the ending that we got from what you told me in the other thread.

Still, I hope I know this won't happen, but I hope Sakura saves her ass wouldn't be the first time. Then again, her Japanese voice actress is ill if I remember, and we know Ikemoto hates or at the most dislikes Sakura and could have Kawaki kill Sakura.

Yes, that is what I assume since I saw the slap last month. He may have been the one to convince Kishimoto to do it, if he did its delicious irony and karma. 

They are sealed in a magic box made from Shinjutsu that only Bolt or Nail can open. Nail has it on his person. Likely, they are stuck in there till the ending where once Nail turns good he will release them. Sakura hasn't been involved in the story at all, and they aren't going to allow him to randomly kill a character if its going to affect sales.

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2023 - 05:21 AM

Phantom I must disagree that this is a cop out. A cop out is, they didn't know what to do so they just quickly came up with something lack luster or didn't put effort into it. This was the plan from the start. These events would have happened whether they happened a year into Boruto's run or two or three or eight or even ten. Which is what make it so bad.

1. Like I said there is a clear way they should have done it from Both Naruto's story and what Kishimoto started Boruto off with. Follow Sarada's journey to become hokage which involves going around and seeing what Naruto has accomplish and what she wishes to accomplish during her reign, this impressing Boruto and increasing his desire to be her shadow. Then once that's established go from there.

2. Is hard to tell if Ikemoto ever put effort into this manga.

They could expand on it, it is just Ikemoto sucks at it.

Fair enough, it may not be a cop out but the idea is that they did something for shock value just to draw in an audience then did not go through with it. Im just not impressed either way. Are you? And even if Narutos death is saved for later the impact of it is just gone because of how long they dragged it for and not to mention they did a psych! Already and killed Kurama off as a result.

If its hard to tell if Ikemoto ever put any effort into the manga, isnt that telling on why most dont bother with it?

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 February 2023 - 11:50 AM.

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 02 March 2023 - 10:41 AM

Fair enough, it may not be a cop out but the idea is that they did something for shock value just to draw in an audience then did not go through with it. I'm just not impressed either way. Are you? And even if Narutos death is saved for later the impact of it is just gone because of how long they dragged it for and not to mention they did a psych! Already and killed Kurama off as a result.

If its hard to tell if Ikemoto ever put any effort into the manga, isn't that telling on why most don't bother with it?

Phantom. Naruto's "death" and Nail being the new Sasuke for the sequel were, "hooks," to entice the reader into continuing at the start of the manga. The "Shock Value" (which I don't consider anything that has happened in the last few chapters to be shocking...rushed but already inevitable) has long since worn out by this point as anyone reading this knows these events were coming...or were idiots. We just didn't know how. Now we do, a poor rip off of Sasuke own fail with none or barely of the elements that made it work.

The is a story that was set up and fell flat due to bad writing. Don't make it more than it is. The only thing amazing is how bad it is. As well as, Ikemoto thought this would be worth 6 years of set up and would have been more if he wasn't order to rush it.

#20 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 10 April 2023 - 09:26 PM

I saw someone as the results of this chapter made a theory that boruto could actually be a narusaku kid given the reality altering abilities

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users