#21 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jan 26 2012, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was walking a fine line there. I don't usually watch the anime, not my forte. Very Sakura-eske at the beginning until Pierrot inserted that final dialogue,

"Kushina to Minato: But you've always ignored me."

You didn't think they wouldn't insert extra did you?

It seems like the basic making all sides happy arguement. But that's just me, was pretty good besides that.

Dude we're on the second page of the thread why are you posting spoiler tags? huh.gif

Also I have to agree with you on that one, it looked like they are trying to make Kushina a bit Hinaish trying to make a parallel to NH or maybe I'm over reacting. Because I remember Kushina said in the manga that she looked down on Minato (the same way Sakura looks down on Naruto in part 1). Why would it matter to her if Minato ignores her when she looked down on him thinking that he was a girly man? it doesn't make any sense. But then again Pierot has a way with distorting canon characterization.

Edited by Gravenimage, 27 January 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#22 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jan 26 2012, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was walking a fine line there. I don't usually watch the anime, not my forte. Very Sakura-eske at the beginning until Pierrot inserted that final dialogue,

"Kushina to Minato: But you've always ignored me."

You didn't think they wouldn't insert extra did you?

It seems like the basic making all sides happy arguement. But that's just me, was pretty good besides that.

Actually, I sort of thought the opposite when I saw that. When she commented on Minato 'ignoring her', she was referring to how he was aware of her constant fighting, but never got involved. With Naruto, he seemed just oblivious towards Hinata in general.
On top of that, that Hinata filler during the Pein Invasion sort of gave the opposite impression. When Naruto saw Hinata was being bullied, he jumped right in to help her. Minato trusted Kushina to handle her own fights. Obviously they're both filler scenes, but I guess you can't really accept one without the other. At least that's what I would say were I to hear that argument.

But yeah, it usually does seem like the anime team is trying to omni-ship. I'm surprised they didn't try to throw more N/H stuff in the episode.
I probably shouldn't jinx it... sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 27 January 2012 - 03:27 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#23 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 27 2012, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I sort of thought the opposite when I saw that. When she commented on Minato 'ignoring her', she was referring to how he was aware of her constant fighting, but never got involved. With Naruto, he seemed just oblivious towards Hinata in general.
On top of that, that Hinata filler during the Pein Invasion sort of gave the opposite impression. When Naruto saw Hinata was being bullied, he jumped right in to help her. Minato trusted Kushina to handle her own fights. Obviously they're both filler scenes, but I guess you can't really accept one without the other. At least that's what I would say were I to hear that argument.

But yeah, it usually does seem like the anime team is trying to omni-ship. I'm surprised they didn't try to throw more N/H stuff in the episode.
I probably shouldn't jinx it... sweatdrop.gif

This.

Basically what i felt as well and was going to say. Minato was aware Kushina could take care of herself. While Hinata couldn't defend her self. she give up and cry afterwords ike her teacher said.

I see no Hinata in this episode or pierrot tryng to please NH. I think some of you are over=thinking alot.

They stuck with canon. witch makes me happy they didn't kitten it up. happy.gif

Edited by Living Lavish, 27 January 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#24 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Jan 27 2012, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

Basically what i felt as well and was going to say. Minato was aware Kushina could take care of herself. While Hinata couldn't defend her self. she give up and cry afterwords ike her teacher said.

I see no Hinata in this episode or pierrot tryng to please NH. I think some of you are over=thinking alot.

They stuck with canon. witch makes me happy they didn't kitten it up. happy.gif

Although of course, Hinata/NH fans did find a way to find Hinata in the episode.
"Minato was shy." is the most common thing I'm hearing at the moment.
Pierot does have their usual way of distorting the anime... *Sigh* That pein arc was a killer to get through with the episodes of constant filler NH.

Edited by Fenris, 27 January 2012 - 05:21 AM.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#25 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

I was so teary eyed when I read this part in the manga. Watching it brought me to tears, god knows what the next episodes will do to me. Thanks so much pregnancy hormones.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#26 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Jan 27 2012, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although of course, Hinata/NH fans did find a way to find Hinata in the episode.
"Minato was shy." is the most common thing I'm hearing at the moment.
Pierot does have their usual way of distorting the anime... *Sigh* That pein arc was a killer to get through with the episodes of constant filler NH.

huh? Minato didn't seem shy at all this episode huh.gif . he never even came across as shy. lol

are they that desperate?

Edited by Living Lavish, 27 January 2012 - 05:43 AM.

#27 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 26 2012, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minato trusted Kushina to handle her own fights.

http://www.mangafox....v42/c383/3.html biggrin.gif?

#28 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jan 26 2012, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love that scene. It really shows the difference in faith those two have in Naruto. It also blows a hole in any argument that Hinata deserves him on account of her respecting him first. Even if that's true, it definitely looks like Sakura's faith in Naruto really surpassed Hinata's at some point. happy.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#29 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:15 AM

Not once did Hinata came up in my mind while watching every single scene in this episode.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

I know it's not important to mention but on sawyer7mage's review of ep 246 things are going crazy in that YT section (you know more of the same crap between the fandoms rolleyes.gif).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 27 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it's not important to mention but on sawyer7mage's review of ep 246 things are going crazy in that YT section (you know more of the same crap between the fandoms rolleyes.gif).

whos that?

#32 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Jan 27 2012, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whos that?

I think you should read the thread of ep 245 sawyer7mage is mentioned, to describe him better he's one of the few NH fans who are smart and reasonable. Yet he can be in denial and stubborn sometimes.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#33 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 27 2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you should read the thread of ep 245 sawyer7mage is mentioned, to describe him better he's one of the few NH fans who are smart and reasonable. Yet he can be in denial and stubborn sometimes.

laugh.gif
Nah he seems to be completely biased and in deep denial. his arguements are laughable and easy to destroy like i have seen NS fans doing so far. Just pulling for straws for his pairing lol. why you take him serious at all is mind boggling.

Edited by Living Lavish, 27 January 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (BabyVee @ Jan 26 2012, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I loved this episode! The animation was superb! Kushina and Minato looked so cute when they were little haha!

And Naruto himself was adorable the whole time as well.

I don't really know why everyone is complaining about the voices. Personally I loved them(except Minato sounded older than I thought he was). And I loved the Kushina-Sakura parallels. Specifically:

Kushina running through Sakura trees.

And Kushina getting her hair pulled in the same way Sakura did during the Chunin Exam(she even cried!).

I also liked how Kushina's past incited emotion in me. I've personally never been bullied(Thank God) but my heart went out to her when I saw those boys pick at her for her hair color sad.gif.

In addition to that, Naruto's battle with his inner hatred I think was done well as well. Seeing little Naruto and little Kyuubi!Naruto was just so sad to me.

Overall, I LOVED this episode. The animators did a great job fleshing things out I think smile.gif!

I was wondering about that!! at first, I thought it was to add romantic effect, but now I totally see the parallels!!! sweatdrop.gif excuse me while I facepalm repeatedly facepalm.png facepalm.png facepalm.png

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 27 2012, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy Mother of Hylia this was a great episode! wow.png
Gah! Not only was Kushina in the episode, she appeared right at the beginning! And we got the whole Mina/Kushi love story too!

I can't really think of too much to complain about. I thought the filler they added really helped flesh out her personality a little more. The fact that she didn't notice the Substitution Jutsu was kind of lame, but then again she WAS an academy student. She probably didn't know how to control any latent abilities she had all that well. Though I guess the fact that she destroyed an upperclassman in combat sort of shows us she's a little bit tougher than your average academy student. happy.gif

I liked the Mina/Kushi scene too. It was a lot more romantic than I recall the manga being, and I didn't mind it in this case. Also, Minato was one HELL of a strong genin. He took down three adults like they were nothing!

The rest of the episode was good too. I didn't really understand why Naruto had a "Dark Naruto eye" in the manga, but the scene at the beginning kind of clarified that for me.

Also...Kushina is a LOT cuter than I thought she'd be. 121721.gif I'm really happy with Studio Pierrot right now. Let's just hope they don't take too many liberties with Kushina's dying words. argh1.png

Agreed. This episode was perfect and I don't see why everyone's complaining about it. And that Kushina with the Kawarimi thing, well you do remember that Naruto takes after his mother the most, so it's not too unbelievable for me as Naruto's not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box. Her fight scenes were also great. They really showed how her style is similar to Naruto.

And really, what more can we say about EPIC Minato?? his speed was so legendary that even as a Genin, he could take out at least 3 chuunin-level ninjas before they even realized what was going on. That's just how insane his natural speed is. Now all we can do is hope they don't screw up that part.

I love that scene. It really shows the difference in faith those two have in Naruto. It also blows a hole in any argument that Hinata deserves him on account of her respecting him first. Even if that's true, it definitely looks like Sakura's faith in Naruto really surpassed Hinata's at some point

Agreed. I had felt from the beginning it was a NS parallel but couldn't place it quite where.

QUOTE ( @ Jan 27 2012, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And some of you doubted that they'd fit chapter 498 into the episode.... pictureem0.gif

Filler, remember? Not like that whole "Hinata got bullied in her youth" made a whole ton of sense either, plus they are trying to portray Kushina's childhood as a mirror To Naruto's in some ways minus the entire village hate. And I thought it was kinda sweet how Minato fell in love with her at firs sight like Naruto with Sakura *pumps arms up into the air*

Chalk one up for NS.

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Jan 27 2012, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was so teary eyed when I read this part in the manga. Watching it brought me to tears, god knows what the next episodes will do to me. Thanks so much pregnancy hormones.

Well, I'd advise you to avoid the special as it's going to be directed by the better directors meaning it will be very emotional.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#35 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

I dont care what Kushina thinks, I still think naruto looks more like his dad XD
Physically ,the only similarity I see between him and his mom, is the shape of his eyes, and possibly the shape of his face.

Can't help it, after seeing minato as a kid, I just see little Naruto with longer hair.

such an amazing episode. I LOVE how they added a little more to their backstory
Oh Minato, what a sweet talker! >////<

and just for comparison, I made this pictureem0.gif

#36 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jan 27 2012, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I'd advise you to avoid the special as it's going to be directed by the better directors meaning it will be very emotional.

There's a special?

#37 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Jan 27 2012, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a special?

The story of Naruto's birth and the attack of the Kyuubi on Konoha yeah I can't wait for that. smile.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#38 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jan 27 2012, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jan 27 2012, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that scene. It really shows the difference in faith those two have in Naruto. It also blows a hole in any argument that Hinata deserves him on account of her respecting him first. Even if that's true, it definitely looks like Sakura's faith in Naruto really surpassed Hinata's at some point. happy.gif

Definitely compares on WHO has faith in Naruto and who doubts him, also who knows him better

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#39 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:15 AM

Some of you guys say NH fans are in denial for trying to find a parallels with MinaKushi, but you're doing the exact same thing. o.O

I'm a NaruSaku fan too, but as we know, Kishimoto hasn't brought up either girl when this whole flashback thing is over with in the manga. Its alright if you find similarites, but I don't think they should be used as definite evidence that NS will happen. MinaKushi is not a second NaruSaku; they are both two different pairings with separate moments, and, as of now, holds no official link between the other.

#40 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 28 2012, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of you guys say NH fans are in denial for trying to find a parallels with MinaKushi, but you're doing the exact same thing. o.O

I'm a NaruSaku fan too, but as we know, Kishimoto hasn't brought up either girl when this whole flashback thing is over with in the manga. Its alright if you find similarites, but I don't think they should be used as definite evidence that NS will happen. MinaKushi is not a second NaruSaku; they are both two different pairings with separate moments, and, as of now, holds no official link between the other.

Your joking right...?

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users