#41 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

And of course the forums over at Naruto.com are ablaze with how awesome the episode was and how Hinata saved her man... dry.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#42 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jun 24 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And of course the forums over at Naruto.com are ablaze with how awesome the episode was and how Hinata saved her man... dry.gif

To be honest that makes me laugh even more than that episode. Whatever gets you through the day I guess. ^^

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#43 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Jun 24 2010, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I hope they do cause I'm sick of this Hinata adoration and bias opinion from the animators. I don't hate Hinata just this "Hinata is better than everyone else" s*** that's been fed to every Naruto fan.

I don't think they did it because they saw it as a shipping episode. Whenever any character has a heroic/tragic moment the animation is usually pretty good, probably because they don't want to cheat those moments. I wish this was the case for every episode, but animation is really tedious work, so I understand why the animation is always amazing.

That being said, I liked this episode. I also agree with whomever above said the confession in the manga was done better, but this one was okay too. I didn't mind the filler stuff. I don't hate what Hinata did. Honestly if it were Naruto in Hinata's shoes and Sakura or Kakashi in Naruto's position, I don't think anyone would have a problem with the actions that are taken: fighting a losing battle to try and protect someone you love. No one would be saying "All Naruto (in Hinata's position) did was make the situation worse." Anyway, I liked this episode and look forward to the next few which look like they'll have great animation since a lot of big moments are coming up.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#44 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jun 25 2010, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

facepalm.png OMG...*SIGH*

#45 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jun 24 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What else is new? rolleyes.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#46 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:16 AM

I have to laugh at it too and you wouldn't believe all the stuff some of them are saying. rolleyes.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#47 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

I don't see why everyone really cares so much about the Hinata situation , not only do we know the outcome it just goes to show that her position in the story really is what it is , and of course that's just a support character and that her way of growing up was being less shy. Also , people talking about how Hinata hit pain , once you think about it she is sort of the main hope for one of the main clans in the Manga. To think that she would not be able to atleast hit him , even if it does no damage would be a lot worse. Either way great episode with great animation.

#48 Guest_New Revolution_*

Guest_New Revolution_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:30 AM

MY EYES!!!!!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!

MY EYES ARE BLEEDING WHY DOSE IT BURN

CURSE YOU S%!TY FILLERS!

WHYYYYY!!..................why

#49 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (Prime @ Jun 24 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't see why everyone really cares so much about the Hinata situation , not only do we know the outcome it just goes to show that her position in the story really is what it is , and of course that's just a support character and that her way of growing up was being less shy. Also , people talking about how Hinata hit pain , once you think about it she is sort of the main hope for one of the main clans in the Manga. To think that she would not be able to atleast hit him , even if it does no damage would be a lot worse. Either way great episode with great animation.

QUOTE (New Revolution @ Jun 24 2010, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MY EYES!!!!!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!

MY EYES ARE BLEEDING WHY DOSE IT BURN

CURSE YOU S%!TY FILLERS!

WHYYYYY!!..................why

mellow.gif No comment.

Edited by Insurrection, 25 June 2010 - 12:38 AM.

#50 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jun 24 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They were the ones who turned Hinata into the dreaded "Mary-Sue" in the horrendous part 1 fillers, it's their last chance to Mary-Sue her so they turned it up to "over 9000".

It's been clear since the start of part 2 the studio knows Sakura and Naruto are the canon couple, and really, even
in part 1 they never really pushed anything that really read as naruhina in those awful fillers-just Mary-Suing Hinata out the wahzoo and making her a fanservice object.

Nappa: Vegeta, what does the scouter say about her mary-sue level?! omfg.gif

Vegeta: IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh1.png

Nappa: WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?! rawr.gif

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the DBZ reference. sweatdrop.gif

#51 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

I can't believe they had Hinata hit Pain facepalm.png If that was even close to possible, wouldn't that disrupt Nagato's ability to control the body? Like, cease the chakra flow to the head area? Seriously though, what a stretch.

#52 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:17 AM

A stretch is an understatement Soupy. Hinata didn't even land a blow in the manga.

Edited by Insurrection, 25 June 2010 - 02:18 AM.

#53 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

A lot to talk about.

The animation was good, Hinata as a kid kinda freaky though. But the animation was pretty smooth.
The confession was fine about the only part they got close to right in the manga.

I knew they'd milk the entire episode but I thought more along the lines of flashbacks of things that we've already seen not brand new filler that trys to make Hinata out as this poor poor kid we must feel sorry for. But the fight was too much even for me. In the manga she confesses her love then charges at pain and gets tossed aside and thats it. But they added her trying to dislodge the black rods, and pulling a rock balboa moment with her getting up over and over again. But obviously there are animators there who like her and this was their big moment. I woulda rather had more flashback filler though than the lame fight sequence, I mean at least they can use the flashback filler since they have no development. The only thing done right was the omake with Hinata calling Nauto her role model which is pretty much what the relationship is in the manga.

As for Sakura, since her confession didn't exactly go so well, I think we will probably get our indulgence of flashback/filler when Sai tells her that Naruto is in love with her. And I wouldnt worry about the hug, im sure it'll be fine.
\

#54 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Jun 25 2010, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot to talk about.

The animation was good, Hinata as a kid kinda freaky though. But the animation was pretty smooth.
The confession was fine about the only part they got close to right in the manga.

I knew they'd milk the entire episode but I thought more along the lines of flashbacks of things that we've already seen not brand new filler that trys to make Hinata out as this poor poor kid we must feel sorry for. But the fight was too much even for me. In the manga she confesses her love then charges at pain and gets tossed aside and thats it. But they added her trying to dislodge the black rods, and pulling a rock balboa moment with her getting up over and over again. But obviously there are animators there who like her and this was their big moment. I woulda rather had more flashback filler though than the lame fight sequence, I mean at least they can use the flashback filler since they have no development. The only thing done right was the omake with Hinata calling Nauto her role model which is pretty much what the relationship is in the manga.

As for Sakura, since her confession didn't exactly go so well, I think we will probably get our indulgence of flashback/filler when Sai tells her that Naruto is in love with her. And I wouldnt worry about the hug, im sure it'll be fine.

I don't see how you took it as we were supposed to feel sorry for her. The point was that Naruto has the will of fire , and she knew it before anybody else. Hinata was a weak person that always wanted to give up. Naruto changed her and made her better and gave her the will of fire. For that she loves him , and was willing to risk her life for him as Naruto is doing the same for everybody else. They just made it more dramatic for the sake of TV , and as long as it gives the same cause/effect and does not go far off topic does it really matter?

#55 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:38 AM

Didn't see it yet, probably never gonna watch it either tongue.gif woop.

#56 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:55 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jun 24 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh* seriously can something be more over dramatized with filler material then it already is.

the angel halo effect in her hair was overblown and ridiculously cheesey, as was the "'oops i hiccouphed and she landed an --ineffecual-- hit on me Ohnoes!.

What a bunch of nonsense. And the halo? Do we all need a reminder that Hinata is supposed to be a saint? Sorry, I'll pass.

I like my heroines with little less tsundere(dere) and a little more Tsunade (read: Sakura), thankyouverymuch.

Off to have some more redredwine, and maybe come up with a more kickask sig in retaliation. *yawn* prolly not tonight tho. But I swear I'll do it in the mornin'! yes.gif

#57 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:07 AM

I don't know why but seeing Hinata sent up in the air like a ragdoll, reminded me of Buster off Mythbusters sent flying through the air from an explosion. pictureem0.gif

#58 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:47 AM

One good thing about this episode is the omake when Sakura complains about her not being in the ending and her saying to Hinata "And "bicycles"? If you're a ninja, run!" 111189.gif that was pretty funny.

whoops, this is from the preview of 166. sweat.gif my bad

Edited by sardns, 25 June 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#59 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 24 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know why but seeing Hinata sent up in the air like a ragdoll, reminded me of Buster off Mythbusters sent flying through the air from an explosion. pictureem0.gif

*gir voice* I love that show.

#60 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 05:18 AM

The filler killed this episode. Naruto defends Hinata from a bully? Lol. That's something you'd expect out of a NaruHina fanfic.

That said, I think we gonna be jumping for joy when the NaruSaku hug gets milked to death with filler. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users