#23841 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Well...

That's too much. They are sexualizing her in the manga, poster and covers. I think it's possible she's not even wearing undies.

#23842 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

That's too much. They are sexualizing her in the manga, poster and covers. I think it's possible she's not even wearing undies.

Unless she is wearing string panties. It is impossible for her to be wearing underwear.

#23843 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

ugh... damn I wish I didn't look at the cover...I need something to refresh my mind from that oh wait... 

goes back to rereading Tokyo Ghoul Volume 2..

Much better!!

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#23844 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

What cover omg

#23845 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

What cover omg

Yeah... that one 😕

#23846 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

Wait until HQ scan to release for fandom rage...

#23847 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

Yeah... that one

oh it was on the other page..

It took me a second of starring to see it lmao. Salad what are they DOING to you ???

#23848 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

Next week.

Btw volume 3 cover is out and...good golly...

I'd think I'd rather buy the next One Punch Man Volume

#23849 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

I agree with all points except for the Bolded

Just because he is given a pass on his actions doesn't mean he is not a villain.

Sasuke did not become a villain when he joined Orochimaru, he became an anti-hero. In part 1 Sasuke is actually fairly heroic; he sacrifices his lunch for Naruto, he sacrifices his life to save Naruto from Haku, he calls Naruto and Sakura his comrades and tells Naruto to save Sakura and run etc. Even when he joins Orochimaru he's only using him to gain revenge on Itachi for killing his clan, which is still moral to a degree. He even refuses to murder Naruto in cold blood when he has the chance at the VOTE.

But when he stabs Karin at the LOI he does cross the threshold of Villainy. At that point he loses what defenses he had before. And on top of that he also attacked B to help a terrorist organization. Then much much later he tells Naruto that his plan to FORCE every single Shinobi village to unite under him as their supreme leader. Essentially fixing the system by stifling the freedom of everyone in the universe whether they like it or not. That is not a Heroic thing to do, that is a villainous thing to do. It's essentially World Domination.

This is why Naruto has to stop him in the end because he is the Hero. 

All stupid Kishimoto plot decisions aside of course. In reality Sasuke is right, the Shinobi System is plain garbage and Naruto offers no real solution except to endure. But his methods are villainous.

I agree with you. His actions were villainous. In fact, when I was writing my first post I was actually thinking along the same lines - that he crossed over into something worse when he stabbed Karin. He would have left her to die. And he definitely was going to kill Sakura. 

And maybe for those instances it's not that he's given an outright excuse (like Kishimoto actually illustrating that Sasuke really knew Naruto was coming, so he knew he wouldn't be able to kill Sakura. That Naruto would get there in time) to preserve Sasuke as being a hero or as still on the good side. It's that Sasuke is never ever ever accountable for his actions. 

I think we're supposed to think of him as an anti-hero, in the end, however his actions really mark him as a villain...yet neither side is really fulfilled in the end. Apparently, the only reason he's even out of the village on his spy missions is for himself and to maybe protect Naruto. No mention of the good of the village. No reinstatement of his ninja headband. No coordinating with Anbu. And it's not to protect and restore is family— he doesn't care about his wife, and he doesn't know about his kid (and once he does apparently takes little interest in he. She's only the one other sharingan on the planet...but hey, whatevs.)

So yeah...we're told to believe he's the anti-hero, the dark hero to Naruto's light one, but as a hero, there's not much heroic about his actions now. Especially not enough to validate the villainy of them back in the middle of the manga.

I've said this before (though not sure here) but if the Itachi twist was to be a thing Itachi shouldn't of been portrayed as a saint and should of been a kinslayer who betrayed his clan for power and later the leaf council for his own agenda. When sasuke hears this he goes search for proof ether by chasing Kabuto or root agents, once he get proof he vows revaltion and to destroy the leaf only to be stopped by Naruto and co before he does something truly unredeemable then works with Naruto to stop both tobi and danzo.

Itachi's character shouldn't have been redeemed. But then again, none of the villains should have been redeemed imho, and I'm pretty sure they all were.

I can consider Sasuke a villain during the Five Kage Summit, but he later changed to being a good guy.
How can you consider him a villain when he just helped Naruto saved the world from Madara and Kaguya, the real villains who legitimately tried to destroy the world?
Sasuke had every chance to betray and kill his allies during the War arc but he didn't. He never really gave me the vibe that he was a villain. He was constantly being manipulated by the likes of Tobi and Orochimaru. He didn't know what to think for himself. Naruto was the only one who never saw Sasuke as an enemy, he knew there was still good in Sasuke's heart that's why he never resorted to killing him. While everyone else pretty much gave up hope on Sasuke. It's a load of kitten if you ask me. They were making it look like Sasuke was a complex character to make him
interesting when he's really not. He was a messed up character and failed to reach his full potential due to bad writing. There's too many contradictions and inconsintencies in the manga. So at the of the day. it's up to you how you interpreted it. 

Ok - if it's any indication of how screwed up Sasuke's character evolution was, it's that I can find support for all these posts about Sasuke: Villain. Anti-hero. Hero. Everybody's pawn.

And with so much of this friggin manga spent on Sasuke, his background, his descent into darkness, his new team, his revenge, his clan (who apparently ruin everything in every generation, btw), you would think his story would have the most solid development. But really, it doesn't. He's not complex...just going everywhere and ultimately underdeveloped. Just like the Naruto and Sakura, Sasuke failed to evolve and attain any sort of goals he might have had at the beginning. I agree with you - people who like Sasuke (and especially SS supporters) are simply relying on their own interpretation.

#23850 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Itachi's character shouldn't have been redeemed. But then again, none of the villains should have been redeemed imho, and I'm pretty sure they all were.

The only villains that weren't in anyway redeemed were: Team Dosu, Sound 5, Deidara, Hidan, Kakuzu, Zetsu and Kagura. It was fine in Part 1 with Zabuza & Gaara, but when it happened with nagato that's when it went ridiculous 

#23851 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

Well...

you can't see what's behind that text, but all it is is bare skin and her hips look quite developed.

The text is plastered on after the drawing even if they cover her up a bit how could they even think of drawing that??

ナルサク

#23852 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:54 PM

you can't see what's behind that text, but all it is is bare skin and her hips look quite developed.

The text is plastered on after the drawing even if they cover her up a bit how could they even think of drawing that??

Try looking at the volume 3 cover. It potentially worse...

#23853 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

Well I dived into reddit to see what the comments were for Volume 3, and man just look at this: 

I want to see what kind of people defend this kitten now

Ikemoto is such a bad artist, pedophilia aside. He doesn't understand proportions at all.

Save Sarada from ikemoto!

Everyone was complaining about Sarada's skirt being too short. So Ikemoto removed the skirt! Yay!...Ikemoto please stop.

Ikemoto literally doesn't give af about what y'all think about his version of Sarada. 

I have the sinking feeling the "discourse" from last time is going to be a bit of a recurring theme from here on in.

Go and change, you're an Uchiha, not a whore.

Hmmm well. I was wondering last week if they could draw a skirt any smaller. Of course they can!

Lmao. It shouldn't have been Ikemoto..

Chris Hansen should check Ikemoto lmao

THICC JKbut for real WTF

Sarada looking like Mewtwo with dem thighs, cmon Ikemoto

I was earlier kinda supporting but this is taking it a step too far ..... This is some miles Cyrus like kitten

Sarada wtf !!

Bro sarada LMAOOO Ikemoto wild disrespecting Kishi right there over 9000

that's about all the comments so far..

#23854 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

Lol....Mewtwo...

#23855 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

I agree with that last reddit comment, such disregard for Kishimoto's reputation as an artist who was modest in style and design. Kishi should say something about this since Ikemoto is doing it under his franchise. He's perverted a child man...

Edited by lux, 20 April 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#23856 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

My shirt is longer than her dress in the cover of volume 3 under the main poster in the spoiler tag :fu:

One would wonder what she would be wearing when she's 16. Maybe a bikini as an outfit.

Either Kishimoto is completely absent in this franchise, at most making some glances or he doesn't care at all.

Edited by T XD, 20 April 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#23857 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

I agree with that last reddit comment, such disregard for Kishimoto's reputation as an artist who was modest in style and design. Kishi should say something about this since Ikemoto is doing it under his franchise. He's perverted a child man...

Kishi is if i remember correctly involve in this as Supervisor or Editor right ?? The fact that hes pass / okay-ing this means he doesn't have problem with it.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#23858 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

Kishi is if i remember correctly involve in this as Supervisor or Editor right ?? The fact that hes pass / okay-ing this means he doesn't have problem with it.

It seems he's not that much involvded in this franchise. It's like he had set the main points at the beginning then gave them lots of control over the anime and manga.

#23859 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

Skirt Removal No Jutsu

Skirt Shorten No Jutsu

Edited by Nostradamus, 20 April 2017 - 11:16 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#23860 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

Skirt Removal No Jutsu

I think that Move was in the rock Lee spin off

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss