Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

Just to correct you, there's no retcons in the Last. The title wouldn't work. 

"No Rectons." lmao the entire movie is a retcon, show casing a scarf that never even existed. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#1122 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:11 AM

Naruto didn't learn the Kage Bunshin until maybe an hour before he graduated after the fight with Mitsuki. Yet when he stands up for Hinata while still in the Academy, he knows it?

And as others have mentioned, who would dare bully the heiress of the Hyuuga clan, one of the revered clans of Konoha?

When Hinata was hanging on to that god forsaken scarf so she wouldn't fall, seems like she forget basic ninja skills. She could've used chakra to hang on to the building with her feet. Instead of actual shinobi instincts, we get a forced "moment".

Oh, and jinchuriki can't get caught in genjutsu. Whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Edited by winter-serenade, 20 November 2017 - 02:12 AM.

#1123 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:23 AM

Naruto didn't learn the Kage Bunshin until maybe an hour before he graduated after the fight with Mitsuki. Yet when he stands up for Hinata while still in the Academy, he knows it?

And as others have mentioned, who would dare bully the heiress of the Hyuuga clan, one of the revered clans of Konoha?

When Hinata was hanging on to that god forsaken scarf so she wouldn't fall, seems like she forget basic ninja skills. She could've used chakra to hang on to the building with her feet. Instead of actual shinobi instincts, we get a forced "moment".

Oh God, this.  Kurama should've been able to cancel out the genjutsu; hell, by the Fourth Shinobi War, Naruto has shown an aptitude to reverse genjutsu as shown during the climax of his battle with Obito.  So, where was this ability/skill in the Last? Cast out just like any other facet of the original manga that might inconvenience the progression of NaruHina. :down:  

Edited by Kagomaru, 20 November 2017 - 10:50 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1124 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:30 AM

As I said in the other thread(s), the writer did NOT research the manga. Someone here mentioned that this was Studio Pierrot's alleged "revenge" way to get back at Masashi by hiring someone who wasn't involved with the franchise because he was going back and forth during Road to Ninja production. That interview stating that wanting to write something about love, pfft, more like this:

SP: We hired you so you can boost this girl (shows picture of Hinata) up as the main love interest. The author doesn't know that we hate his main female character named Sakura. Write a script for this girl, Hinata. Make it real good, we need that money! :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:  Oh and here's some key notes from our staff, thanks.

They kept that idea of Hinata bullied filler from Chapter 347 and tweaked it. It was obvious that since they can't stand Sakura as the main female, so they give Hinata more on how they see fit with her.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#1125 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

Oh God, this.  Kurama should've been able to cancel out the genjutsu; hell, by the Fourth Shinobi War, Naruto has shown an aptitude to reverse genjutsu as shown during the climax of his battle with Obito.  So, where was this ability/skill in the Last? Cast out just any other facet of the original manga that might inconvenience the progression of NaruHina. :down:

Yes that is right I'm one of the few who keeps saying that . Why do I have the feeling whoever wrote the last had no idea of what naruto about like highlander 2 which ruined the first movie by saying the highlanders were from another planet.

#1126 Kagomaru

Kagomaru

I will be your Light when you're in the Dark

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:English/Greek literature, psychology, golfing, anime/manga, and video games.

OTPs:
    NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)
    SoKai (Sora x Kairi)
    Kataang (Aang x Katara)
    GoChi (Goku x Chichi)
    NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)
    LuNa (Luffy x Nami)
    IchiRuki (Ichigo x Rukia)
    CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)
    TouKen (Touka x Kaneki)
    EreMika(Eren x Mikasa)
    AruAni (Armin x Annie)
    Gourrina (Gourry x Lina)
    KenKao (Kenshin x Kaoru)
    InuKag (Inuyasha x Kagome)
    Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)
    Sonamy (Sonic x Amy)
    Akizuka (Akira x Shizuka)
    Asaden (Denji x Asa)

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

Yes that is right I'm one of the few who keeps saying that . Why do I have the feeling whoever wrote the last had no idea of what naruto about like highlander 2 which ruined the first movie by saying the highlanders were from another planet.

That's because you're right.  As Derock mentioned above, the writer of the Last had little exposure to Naruto, so he was easily manipulated by SP's otaku brigade to depict their asinine scenario for NaruHina.

Edited by Kagomaru, 20 November 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Light and Shadow are the only static creations of this universe. 

#1127 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

That explains EVERYTHING......................

Yeah, same guy that decided Hagaromo's family are ALIENS from  OUTER SPACE !!!!  :lmao:

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 November 2017 - 12:50 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#1128 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Well...they LOOK like space aliens :hehehe:

#1129 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

It's not a recon, yet exhibits all the markings of a recon. Odd how that works. It's like you don't even know what one is.

#1130 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

1. It challenges previous versions of events.
2. It introduces weather that by canon doesn't even exist in the place it occurs.

If some thing contradicts prior canon to become canon it's a retcon, derp.

Also; It's called Hi no Kuni for a reason, and it's called Konoha for a reason, what happens to leaves when it gets cold? They fall off. Pretty hard to hide in leaves when there are none :zaru:

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 20 November 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#1131 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Did it snow in the manga? Did it snow in the filler episode the movie was based on when Naruto came to Hinata's defense? Can kyuubi get caught in genjutsu? No.

Again does it make sense that it snows frequently enough to knit Scarves in a country that is predominately hot,bright aand sunny? in a place that is supposed to be permanently hidden by trees, that will lose their leaves for half the year if it gets cold? No.

It also never states there are NO arranged marriages in Naruto, but you claimed there were none. :zaru:

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 20 November 2017 - 03:19 PM.

#1132 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

Did it snow in the manga? Did it snow in the filler episode the movie was based on when Naruto came to Hinata's defense? Can kyuubi get caught in genjutsu? No.

#1133 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

The scarf from his mother that never existed in the manga :zaru: We can do this all day. 

#1134 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

Didn't he throw that scarf his mother made into the the vacuum of space?

Also while Naruto has been caught in genjutsu before. Killer Bee explain that the tailed beast can act as the second chakra to disrupt the genjutu if they want to. Before Kurama didn't want to help Naruto so he never disrupted a genjutsu, but by the end of the manga their bond seemed to be growing as Strong as Bee and Gyuki. So he should have been more then willing to help Naruto out of any illusion after that point.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 November 2017 - 10:20 PM.

#1135 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:34 PM

If Kushina had made a scarf for her only son, why o why was it missing the entire series? Oh because it never existed. 

Why do you insist on defending something that is god awful? 

#1136 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

You can't say it never existed, and then claim it fits a retcon definition. Again, a new item that surfaces does not fit the definition. 

First off, I'm defending it against the argument of retcon.

Secondly, I don't think its god awful. I think a manga that was one of the best selling in the world is pretty good.

In other words "I have like no issues what so ever with the GLARINGLY obvious continuity errors but so long as I can troll some NS'ers I'm happy to defend it." 

Are you aware of Star Wars? There is a little thing called "Midi-Chlorions." They originally didn't exist, and then they did. That was called a "Retcon." Naruto didn't have a scarf. The scarf was never mentioned, He suddenly has a scarf. Its a retcon. If he had had a Scarf from his DEAD mom, we would have known about it. But we didn't because it did not exist. 

#1137 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

or perhaps those people literally invented the term "Retcon." 

Retcon:

1. 1.
    (in a film, television series, or other fictional work) a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.
    "we're given a retcon for Wilf's absence from Donna's wedding in ‘The Runaway Bride’: he had Spanish Flu"
verb

1. 1.
    revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.
    "I think fans get more upset when characters act blatantly out of established type, or when things get retconned"

1. 1.
    (i
    n a film, television series, or other fictional work) a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.
    "we're given a retcon for Wilf's absence from Donna's wedding in ‘The Runaway Bride’: he had Spanish Flu"
verb

1. 1.
    revise (an aspect of a fictional work) retrospectively, typically by introducing a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events.
    "I think fans get more upset when characters act blatantly out of established type, or when things get retconned"

#1138 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:07 PM

My words were that I haven't -seen- any arranged marriages in Naruto, not that there were none. There's a strict difference.

Which is the same with the snow, just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it never snows. 

I think you're taking the Hidden Leaf thing too literally, but while doesn't make sense is subjective, it does not equate retcon, as again, it never snowing is not established.

It also is established that there are certain genjutsus (The infinite Tsukiyomi) that jinchuuriki are not immune to, which is why Sasuke yells at Naruto to not go out of his shield to save people, lest he get stuck in the Genjutsu as well.

Thus, from what you've put forward so far, none of these are retcons. 

Not familiar on the retcon situation, but I do know this: The genjutsu is not specified to be like the IT genjutsu. There are two possibilites in this argument.

A: The genjutsu is one that jinchuriki can't break.

B: It's a moderate inconsistency that the writers made.

B is more believable because A has no proof. The writers could come out and say at anytime that this genjutsu isn't one jinchuriki can escape, but they didn't. They haven't confirmed it, so the possibility is shaky. 

Inconsistencies are usually done unintentionally. The fact this this was a mistake that they failed to address is the most likeliest possiblity. 

#1139 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:14 PM

Just to correct you, there's no retcons in the Last. The title wouldn't work. 

Just to correct you.

• In one episode of the anime, an anime-only scene showed Hinata being bullied by a group of boys as a young child and Naruto saving her. This Forgotten First Meeting between the two was later made manga canon in The Last: Naruto the Movie, however the context was changed. The scene was changed to taking place in winter, Naruto didn't beat up the boys (he was punched in the face and knocked out in one hit), and Hinata wasn't dragged away from an injured Naruto by a Hyuuga member (she talked to Naruto instead).
  • Boruto has retconned some stuff about the Byakugan. According to it, not all Hyuuga unlock the Byakugan and the Byakugan requires training to unlock. This makes it more similar to the Sharingan, however none of this was depicted in the original Naruto.
  • The Sage of the Six Paths is stated to be the first to utilize chakra and also the one who solely defeated the Ten-Tailed Beast. Along comes Hamura.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 20 November 2017 - 07:20 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#1140 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:17 PM

Just to correct you.

• In one episode of the anime, an anime-only scene showed Hinata being bullied by a group of boys as a young child and Naruto saving her. This Forgotten First Meeting between the two was later made manga canon in The Last: Naruto the Movie, however the context was changed. The scene was changed to taking place in winter, Naruto didn't beat up the boys (he was punched in the face and knocked out in one hit), and Hinata wasn't dragged away from an injured Naruto by a Hyuuga member (she talked to Naruto instead).
  • Boruto has retconned some stuff about the Byakugan. According to it, not all Hyuuga unlock the Byakugan and the Byakugan requires training to unlock. This makes it more similar to the Sharingan, however none of this was depicted in the original Naruto.

No no see, Analyzer doesn't THINK those constitute retcons :zaru: we've already been over them but don't like admitting to them, therefore they don't meet their "criteria."

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 20 November 2017 - 07:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users