92 replies to this topic

#61 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

If the volume that we're in was about the final showdown, then I would know that it would be nothing unless next arc happens. Right now, there's still a chance, so we got to be a little more patient and see where this is all go. I guess this is where Kishi likes to do: torture us with waiting.

Meh, I don't know what to think anymore, really. Last chapters have been so messy, imo. I mean, definitely Mugen tsukuyomi seemed far away but we rather got it so qucik.

I'll guess waiting is all that we have to do.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#62 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Meh, I don't know what to think anymore, really. Last chapters have been so messy, imo. I mean, definitely Mugen tsukuyomi seemed far away but we rather got it so qucik.
I'll guess waiting is all that we have to do.

Remember, he has a bad habit of explaining every moments he got to make sure no more complaint from people on parts of the series. Like the mountain. Not that people would complain for not knowing how the mountain was made but the point he wants to tell how and when. Don't be surprised if they actually explain how that ramen shop was made. For all I know, it could be Minato/Kushina idea. Anyway, just relax. The character development is done and now we're moving to next stage. Not sure if this is all that's bothering you.

#63 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Remember, he has a bad habit of explaining every moments he got to make sure no more complaint from people on parts of the series. Like the mountain. Not that people would complain for not knowing how the mountain was made but the point he wants to tell how and when. Don't be surprised if they actually explain how that ramen shop was made. For all I know, it could be Minato/Kushina idea. Anyway, just relax. The character development is done and now we're moving to next stage. Not sure if this is all that's bothering you.

Generally what's bothering me is him sidelining her and not giving her more action from where we could understand much more proprties of the seal. Meh, anyway, i's not like me whining will help somehow...

#64 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Generally what's bothering me is him sidelining her and not giving her more action from where we could understand much more proprties of the seal. Meh, anyway, i's not like me whining will help somehow...

Don't be so down. We all established that it's going to be a while since this volume was family bonding than anything, so no doubt we won't get the others in here. Kishi always has this habit, focus on one main theme while bring some others like Sasuke's hatred on Naruto that is growing.

That said also remember the idea that they're not in danger because Naruto got it under control. When he's down, then they're in danger because Naruto is the only guy who can really hit Obito. Yes, I'm implying that the plan will not go through and something major will happen. Anyway, if you noticed, the battle has been fresh as in no one got hurt. If Naruto starts getting beat down, then they're in trouble. He was lucky that his dad has the other half as well as Tobirama assisting him with hirashin. If Obito removes those obstacle, then uh oh.

When it comes down to it, there's no need for others to do anything until that time truly comes. That includes Sakura. Also, Tsunade is not there so who knows what the conversation would be like. All I'm saying is this: once again, feels easy. Not as easy as like last volume, but a little easy. Something is coming and probably the last moment. When Naruto gets hurt, then things will get worse yet ironic enough, starts moving forward. 2 chapters left and we will see what's next for heroes.

#65 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

For now that has Sakura now is the "Byakugou no in". We have still to see what kinda powers will release once it will be released and become as the "Byakugou no jutsu".

Even though I think that it's probabile that they have the same powers, physical strength powered and auto-healing with no hand seals.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#66 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

For now that has Sakura now is the "Byakugou no in". We have still to see what kinda powers will release once it will be released and become as the "Byakugou no jutsu".
Even though I think that it's probabile that they have the same powers, physical strength powered and auto-healing with no hand seals.

It's all about the utilization. We just have to wait and see where that can go the same road or a new alternative direction.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 05 September 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#67 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Considering Sakura's tendency for narrowly avoiding dangerous situations that could have brought harm to her, I don't believe her jutsu will be exactly like Tsunade's. It should focus on the evasive properties of medical shinobi since that appears to be a main emphasis of Sakura's own fighting style. What could that entail? Something that increases her acuity and ability to counteract an attack. Or possibly it could increase her durability to levels similar to Kimimaro's or Raikage's. The latter seems more unlikely though. 

#68 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

Considering Sakura's tendency for narrowly avoiding dangerous situations that could have brought harm to her, I don't believe her jutsu will be exactly like Tsunade's. It should focus on the evasive properties of medical shinobi since that appears to be a main emphasis of Sakura's own fighting style. What could that entail? Something that increases her acuity and ability to counteract an attack. Or possibly it could increase her durability to levels similar to Kimimaro's or Raikage's. The latter seems more unlikely though. 

You know, I always thought that maybe given the names of some of Kimmimaro's techniques and the Slugs place a thing she could get is a high durability, meaning, whatever attack comes at her she'll just tank it with no damage taken... Not to mention all those techniques of his that if I recall correctly, had incorporated in their name, flower names...
And also, another funny thing is that most of them were sword based and Sakura has been featured many times with a sword, something like that.

From the description on Wikipedia, these are the ones I find very interesting and could suit Sakura very good.

The user was also able to create armour of dense bone underneath their skin -> this could mean she cancels every attack coming at her.

Users can increase the density of the created bones, making them stronger than steel. This not only makes the created weapons very powerful, but also makes their bodies virtually indestructible -> we could connect this with the virtually immortality ability.

From what the two known users of this ability, Kimimaro and Kabuto, have shown, most of the techniques are named after flowers. Most of them are also taijutsu-based sword dances, which are used for close combat and defence. -> Close combat and defence. Sakura's main field. Flower names, we all know her name is actually a flower and the sword, as I said, she has been featured with those actually a lot.

Shikotsumyaku (屍骨脈; Literally meaning "Dead Bone Pulse" while Shikkotsu Forest (湿骨林, Shikkotsurin; Literally meaning "Damp Bone Forest").

Dunno, to me the coincidence is quite big...

Edited by Chatte, 05 September 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#69 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

You know, I always thought that maybe given the names of some of Kimmimaro's techniques and the Slugs place a thing she could get is a high durability, meaning, whatever attack comes at her she'll just tank it with no damage taken... Not to mention all those techniques of his that if I recall correctly, had incorporated in their name, flower names...
And also, another funny thing is that most of them were sword based and Sakura has been featured many times with a sword, something like that.

From the description on Wikipedia, these are the ones I find very interesting and could suit Sakura very good.

The user was also able to create armour of dense bone underneath their skin -> this could mean she cancels every attack coming at her.

Users can increase the density of the created bones, making them stronger than steel. This not only makes the created weapons very powerful, but also makes their bodies virtually indestructible -> we could connect this with the virtually immortality ability.

From what the two known users of this ability, Kimimaro and Kabuto, have shown, most of the techniques are named after flowers. Most of them are also taijutsu-based sword dances, which are used for close combat and defence. -> Close combat and defence. Sakura's main field. Flower names, we all know her name is actually a flower and the sword, as I said, she has been featured with those actually a lot.

Shikotsumyaku (屍骨脈; Literally meaning "Dead Bone Pulse" while Shikkotsu Forest (湿骨林, Shikkotsurin; Literally meaning "Damp Bone Forest").

Dunno, to me the coincidence is quite big...

It's difficult to envision Sakura with such power though. Mostly because of the symbolism associated with her character as a representation of cherry blossoms and the ephemerality of life. She's not exactly a tank and Tsunade isn't one either when you think about it. They rely on their medical ninjutsu to survive. It makes them more difficult to kill, but they're still susceptible to fatal injuries. The imagery of Sakura being hit with a Susanoo arrow or Bijudama and flicking it away like it's nothing with no visible damage incurred is outlandish honestly. 

Edit: To be fair,  I think it's very strange how Kimimaro happens to have two circular markings on his forehead and a reddish pigment surrounding his eyes. Both of those qualities seem eerily reminiscent of Hashirama's appearance when using SM.  

Edited by Atheck, 05 September 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#70 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's difficult to envision Sakura with such power though. Mostly because of the symbolism associated with her character as a representation of cherry blossoms and the ephemerality of life. She's not exactly a tank and Tsunade isn't one either when you think about it. They rely on their medical ninjutsu to survive. It makes them more difficult to kill, but they're still susceptible to fatal injuries. The imagery of Sakura being hit with a Susanoo arrow or Bijudama and flicking it away like it's nothing with no visible damage incurred is outlandish honestly. 

Edit: To be fair,  I think it's very strange how Kimimaro happens to have two circular markings on his forehead and a reddish pigment surrounding his eyes. Both of those qualities seem eerily reminiscent of Hashirama's appearance when using SM.  

Well, yeah, they both do it via medical ninjutsu. And the same as Kimmimaro, she could infuse chakra in her skeletal structure. Dunno, as I said, those things seem so coincidentally big.

And yeah, not to talk about the aforementioned marks. Almost near the forehead area as well.. And outlandish or not, it's the least Kishi could do to put her on part with her two team members, to be honest, because let's be honest here, she's nowhere near them, yet Kishi had her saying that she can compete with them...

Edited by Chatte, 05 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#71 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well, yeah, they both do it via medical ninjutsu. And the same as Kimmimaro, she could infuse chakra in her skeletal structure. Dunno, as I said, those things seem so coincidentally big.

And yeah, not to talk about the aforementioned marks. Almost near the forehead area as well.. And outlandish or not, it's the least Kishi could do to put her on part with her two team members, to be honest, because let's be honest here, she's nowhere near them, yet Kishi had her saying that she can compete with them...

Honestly, I don't think even Sage Mode with Byakugou, the Inner Gates, genjutsu, elemental ninjutsu, or hypersonic speed would allow her to catch up with her teammates. They've become far too powerful for anyone who isn't related to the Sage or is in possession of a bijuu to try and match. The most Kimimaro's durability or Sage Mode would do for her is make her comparable to SM Naruto and MS Sasuke. Well that's my personal opinion on the matter at least. 

#72 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Honestly, I don't think even Sage Mode with Byakugou, the Inner Gates, genjutsu, elemental ninjutsu, or hypersonic speed would allow her to catch up with her teammates. They've become far too powerful for anyone who isn't related to the Sage or is in possession of a bijuu to try and match. The most Kimimaro's durability or Sage Mode would do for her is make her comparable to SM Naruto and MS Sasuke. Well that's my personal opinion on the matter at least. 

Well, at least to SM and MS Sasuke...

#73 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Infusing natural energy into a person's skeleton is a creative method for increasing their defence. If Sakura developed that ability she still wouldn't be able to project her bones out and use them as shields or weapons. Kimimaro explained that Shikotsumyaku is exclusive to the Kaguya Clan. Heightened bone density should increase her durability to above average levels though. Enough to withstand basic ninja weaponry and ninjutsu attacks. 

I'm more interested in the potential benefits for sensory perception and reflexes though. 

#74 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Unlessssss Sakura's performed tests on her body, and found a way to use Carnosine to reduce the rate at which cellular senescence occurs in her body.  Not that I actually think this will be explored, if Kishimoto has Sakura release her seal (which he probably will), he'll probably have the character do something to show that she's surpassed Tsunade without addressing the complications with regards to her using regenerative jutsu.  But it would be super-intresting if he decided to go this route, the potential moral/ethical questions that could be explored if one of the "good guys" performed genetic manipulations on themselves, and the potential temptation Sakura could feel with respect to testing subjects.

It also a possibility that Sakura may turn out to have lingering Senju DNA.  :confused:  It would be such a cop-out and I would be pissed but it's a possibility and that would help improve her longevity.

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#75 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Heh, well that's the logical assumption (and well, I would never call myself all that logical).  I just find it strange that it was copied incorrectly and missed by the editor twice (and I do love the idea of potential conspiracies).

Unlessssss Sakura's performed tests on her body, and found a way to use Carnosine to reduce the rate at which cellular senescence occurs in her body.  Not that I actually think this will be explored, if Kishimoto has Sakura release her seal (which he probably will), he'll probably have the character do something to show that she's surpassed Tsunade without addressing the complications with regards to her using regenerative jutsu.  But it would be super-intresting if he decided to go this route, the potential moral/ethical questions that could be explored if one of the "good guys" performed genetic manipulations on themselves, and the potential temptation Sakura could feel with respect to testing subjects.

I belive he's not going to use the jutsu on her seal probably because Tsunade didnt teach her, more importantly i think the seal was a form to enhance Sakura's physical attributes, she's more stronger physically than before that was a big boost and the fact she can heal fatal wounds without recurring to Sozo Saizei, which is the jutsu that Tsunade used, would Sakura uses this jutsu? I dont think she needs it, she's already with Naruto's chakra cloak, she's more stronger than Tsunade right now because Tsunade waste a lot of chakra to keep her looks.

I think that the seal was the last power-up for her.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#76 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

several assumptions here are being made on a flawed premise. namely the notion of what Tsunade did and did not teach Sakura. We are still un aware of much of what transpired between Tsunade and Sakura over that 2 and 1/2 year timeframe.

there may yet be unlocked potential or training that Sakura has done that we have not been made aware of yet just as we were not aware that Sakura had been working on the seal. We had speculation she might develop it but no confirmation till it was there.

Until Sakura is confirmed or not confirmed to have done something in the manga then we cant assume anything is out of her reach or capabilities.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#77 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

several assumptions here are being made on a flawed premise. namely the notion of what Tsunade did and did not teach Sakura. We are still un aware of much of what transpired between Tsunade and Sakura over that 2 and 1/2 year timeframe.

there may yet be unlocked potential or training that Sakura has done that we have not been made aware of yet just as we were not aware that Sakura had been working on the seal. We had speculation she might develop it but no confirmation till it was there.

Until Sakura is confirmed or not confirmed to have done something in the manga then we cant assume anything is out of her reach or capabilities.

Seeming that Kishi is breaking his rules lately, it can be plausible.

I have any doubts that she can have sage mode.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 06 September 2013 - 10:28 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#78 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

It also a possibility that Sakura may turn out to have lingering Senju DNA.  :confused:  It would be such a cop-out and I would be pissed but it's a possibility and that would help improve her longevity.

I really, really hope not.  Kishi has said that she's supposed to be a normal girl, so I reallllllllly hope that he never backtracks like that.

It was always interesting that Sakura -who seemingly has no major family ties to powerful families- inhereted her will from her teacher, her female teacher who didn't procreate.  I always liked that.  I also found it interesting that with Team Hiruzen, Orochimarua and Jiraiya's clans aren't important but Tsunade's is, while with Team 7 the opposite is true (the boys' families/clans are important, the girl's isn't).

I belive he's not going to use the jutsu on her seal probably because Tsunade didnt teach her, more importantly i think the seal was a form to enhance Sakura's physical attributes, she's more stronger physically than before that was a big boost and the fact she can heal fatal wounds without recurring to Sozo Saizei, which is the jutsu that Tsunade used, would Sakura uses this jutsu? I dont think she needs it, she's already with Naruto's chakra cloak, she's more stronger than Tsunade right now because Tsunade waste a lot of chakra to keep her looks.

I think that the seal was the last power-up for her.

Well, she hasn't released the seal yet, so who knows.  I might be mistaken, but I don't think she's stronger now because she's using the seal, but that she's physically stronger now because sinces she's not constantly reserving and saving half of her chakra she has more to use to have stronger punches.  The seal could be the last power up, but it would be really kitten to not have her release the seal.  It wouldn't be too surprising, but it would go against Kishi's writing style for this manga to not have Sakura release the seal and show in what way she has surpassed Tsunade.

#79 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

I really, really hope not.  Kishi has said that she's supposed to be a normal girl, so I reallllllllly hope that he never backtracks like that.

It was always interesting that Sakura -who seemingly has no major family ties to powerful families- inhereted her will from her teacher, her female teacher who didn't procreate.  I always liked that.  I also found it interesting that with Team Hiruzen, Orochimarua and Jiraiya's clans aren't important but Tsunade's is, while with Team 7 the opposite is true (the boys' families/clans are important, the girl's isn't).

Well, she hasn't released the seal yet, so who knows.  I might be mistaken, but I don't think she's stronger now because she's using the seal, but that she's physically stronger now because sinces she's not constantly reserving and saving half of her chakra she has more to use to have stronger punches.  The seal could be the last power up, but it would be really sh*tty to not have her release the seal.  It wouldn't be too surprising, but it would go against Kishi's writing style for this manga to not have Sakura release the seal and show in what way she has surpassed Tsunade.

releasing the seal wont make her any stronger, Tsunade released but she wasnt stronger in any way, she just could take more risks, like does not worrying about her own body which is a pretty stupid strategy fighting against ninjas like Madara or even Sasuke.

The problem with her powerup is that she doesnt have a fight, her strenght is not being showcased as her primary attribute neither any of her offensive skills just her healing which got a major focus on the manga.

Sakura alreayd surpassed Tsunade, her punch is stronger than Tsunade and which she explained why.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 September 2013 - 12:30 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#80 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

releasing the seal wont make her any stronger, Tsunade released but she wasnt stronger in any way, she just could take more risks, like does not worrying about her own body which is a pretty stupid strategy fighting against ninjas like Madara or even Sasuke.

The problem with her powerup is that she doesnt have a fight, her strenght is not being showcased as her primary attribute neither any of her offensive skills just her healing which got a major focus on the manga.

Sakura alreayd surpassed Tsunade, her punch is stronger than Tsunade and which she explained why.

Healing is a strenght, incredible healing capabilties is a strength and it's a shame that so many dismiss that.  Releasing her seal will make her stronger, she'll have access to more chakra, and that'll allow her to perform complex medical jutsu.  Tsunade's strength, her focus, has (for the most part) been on her super-capabilities as a medic, not her battle prowess and until Sakura shows what she can do with her seal released, show what the extent of her medical capabilities are I don't think we can say that she has surpassed Tsunade.  That's why I want Sakura to be allowed to release her seal, it's in that area that I'm most curious about Sakura (that and any genjutsu possibilities, but I'm not sure that her genjutsu repelling ability will ever be addressed)..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sakura Haruno, Byakugou, Byakugou Seal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users