• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tobiisagoodboy94

tobiisagoodboy94

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:03 PM

Never really posted anything here, but there is one thing abotu naruto, which ahd botherd me since I grew up.

The world of Naruto is horrible. Let me explain.

First, Narutos is incredebly dull. It's one (continent? ) which is enterily japanese. Sand japanese, Mountain japanese, Black Japanese, Sea Japanese and well Japanese Japanese (now guess which viallge).

Of course you don't need any world building liek One Piece with hundreds of different countries and island, which each have a unique culture and people. Why even creat such a "large" world, if everybody is literally the same. I'm not even talking about things like modern technology, while the world clearly lacks any real industry of society which could actually produce these goods (no, don't even get started on the kitten in Boruto, thats just laughably stupid).

There is nothing new, every country is the same, maybe with a different pain job, but we never get the feeling that Suna, Konoha, Iwa or any other place is really different. You may say "But its like then Sengukku Jidai era in Japan yadayada", well, Japan is one part, a tiny part of the world. Why are there no other continents, how small is the Naruto Earth if this small continent is the only major landmass ?

Aren't there any other continents or nations that would try to do something about crazy people that try to destroy the entire world ?

Imagine, like in for example in FMA with Alchemie, we had different approaches to Chakra, like Knights that use Chakra, roman Legions with Chakra or CHinese or maybe Zulu warriors, all with their own way ?

But no, only shinobi and everybody is pretty much equally kitten.

Second the world is literally horrible to life.

Serious question : Would any adult person really want to live and grow up in a Naruto ninja village ? You literally enroll into the military with 6 (which is still an improvement compared to even earlier) and then become an active soldier with 12 and fight as mercanaries for which ever fat, cousin f****** lord payed the highest price. Or, if your village elders are bored you're getting wasted in a war against another village. Or you're peasant, whos in cosntant fear that some shinobi start fighting nearby and destroy your village /city in their fight, probably killing your family in the process.

Not to mention you're ruled by some powerless lords who are mostly the kittenes of Shinobi who can also do everything they want. And don'T even get me started on thsoe poor kittens who are not born in a Major power.

Let me correct my statement abotu earlier, its good that no other cultures have contact with the Naruto world, since they would literally and rightfully directly crusade against them once they realice that PUT CHILDREN; 6 YEAR OLD CHILDREN INTO MILITARY SERVICE.

Third: Kishimoto is lazy and simply never really developed his world or any character he wasn'Ät forced to or didn't like. Very simple.

I often think about stories where there are eurpeans and other asians coming into contact with the Naruto world, like Romans and Chinese and medieval or other people . And everytime, everytime I come to the point where the other cultures simply can't understand what a horrible kitten show Narutos world is.

Am I the only one who thinks like that ?

#2 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Yes, you're the only one who thinks like this.

Naruto is full of great ideas and creative wonder. While its a shame not all of these ideas get expanded on due to constraints, they make great enrichment to work with. 

Lol...I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks this way. While I didn't agree with everything he said I can understand where he's coming from at least. It does seem kind of strange that all of the countries, for instance, seemed to be okay with the whole "sending my kid into an academy to learn how to fight others" deal. Every single village, even in the present times it's still happening. 

You should try not to shut down people so quickly...it's honestly shocking coming from you. And I don't know if it's out of frustration or not but it's pretty beneath you from what I've seen. 

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

While I wouldn't say worldbuilding is what Naruto suffers the most from, you look at series like one piece and think "Why is Naruto considered even on the same level??" And now I saw you mentioned one piece as well. Oda can't draw boobs but damn he can build a world with little to no plotholes and lengthy foreshadowing. I must stop now ~

Of the big 3, Naruto has the most mediocre worldbuilding. A bit difficult comparing Bleach since half of it is set in the real world, but unlike Kishi, Kubo didn't take on more than he could handle. While Naruto's verse isn't awful, it is important when making a completely fictional world, that the building of it is diverse and well-planned. Especially when it is a lengthy series.

So it is what I think of the rest of Naruto atm. Mediocre. :shrug:

Lol...I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks this way. While I didn't agree with everything he said I can understand where he's coming from at least. It does seem kind of strange that all of the countries, for instance, seemed to be okay with the whole "sending my kid into an academy to learn how to fight others" deal. Every single village, even in the present times it's still happening. 

You should try not to shut down people so quickly...it's honestly shocking coming from you. And I don't know if it's out of frustration or not but it's pretty beneath you from what I've seen. 

Mhm. Yes I agree with this. I don't think there's an opinion in this world that only one individual have, and regardless of that we cannot read minds so arguing for it is rude and snarking about it is rude as well. So let's be nice to a new member/longtime lurker.

ナルサク

#4 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:31 AM

PUT CHILDREN; 6 YEAR OLD CHILDREN INTO MILITARY SERVICE.

I mean, Naruto promised to change the world, maybe he changed a collor of toiled paper that is named "world". Because childrens figthing an dying is still and issue(?) offscreen.

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

First, Narutos is incredebly dull. It's one (continent? ) which is enterily japanese. Sand japanese, Mountain japanese, Black Japanese, Sea Japanese and well Japanese Japanese (now guess which viallge).

Not sure I understand this one. Are you saying that all cultures took on a Japanese style or that everyone is Japanese, but with different skin colors? I am going to assume the former rather than the latter and you are right.

I can't really fault Kishimoto to be honest. I mean, One Punch Man is not much of a different set up. One continent, all cultures basically bunched together, a melting pot of ideals but mostly with a same goal. That was what the world he wanted. Sure, he could have had more diverse style, but that requires research and a lot of time he basically didn't have. Heck, he didn't even have time to research how actual females act and just based the females off flat personalities. "I can't write females."

I find myself also understanding the 6 12-14 year old military trained assasins especially since many cultures in our own world did such a thing. Remember the Spartans of Ancient Greece? They trained soldiers since birth. It's just at a different time and different place.

Now, having them during Boruto's time is a little....lax on the explanation considering that it was a time of world peace and instead had maybe older adults volunteer for the military lifestyle, but that's really the only thing I see wrong with it. I know we don;t agree with child soldiers, but this is not a new concept. Many societies through out human history from Japan, China, Europe, Native American, and of course Greece all had child soldiers and training young kids to be in the military.

In Europe they called them Squires to the knights.

I mean, it;s like complaining why we let young kids use magic in the Harry Potter world when many could use it for nefarious means or even do some real damage. Like kids playing with a nuclear bomb, but that is jsut the way the world works in that story.

I get where you are coming from, but I can't really fault it.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing and reading fanfiction.

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:59 AM

I lol'd so hard at the bit about the varying Japanese peeps of the Naruto world. You've a way with words, OP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, world Au

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users