176 replies to this topic

#21 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

As Nate said, if the spoilers are true Sakura's character got another slap in the face.

#22 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Dec 1 2009, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wonder...if those words came out of her mouth, or out of thought of both Sai, and Kakashi...

Who is the "real" translation? Supposedly, people like Sleepyfan are just as bad about this kind of thing.

#23 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

Either way, there is one thing we can definitely guarantee with this chapter.... more stupid fanwar-baiting/character-bashing from the NH & SS fans hm.png

Although I have a feeling it's gonna be worse this time around than what happened during ch 469 ugh...

#24 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Dec 1 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just wonder...if those words came out of her mouth, or out of thought of both Sai, and Kakashi...

The spoliers certainly dont seem to say to comes from Sakura it seems to be add on of the line beofre about Sai and Kakashi working out where Sakuras gone

NArusaku prevails above all else biggrin.gif
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (jinsterr @ Dec 1 2009, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either way, there is one thing we can definitely guarantee with this chapter.... more stupid fanwar-baiting/character-bashing from the NH & SS fans hm.png

Although I have a feeling it's gonna be worse this time around than what happened during ch 469 ugh...

And that, very well, may be the goal. He gets an incredible amount of mileage out of the pairing wars. Small tweeks set off huge firestorms, after all. I still think her feelings for her teammates are conflicted and that her confrontation with Sasuke will likely meant to ultimately end that.

Whether this is meant to fuel that notion or simply reaffirm that she still gives a damn about Sasuke ( (and that this isn't solely about easing Naruto's burden, though this is partial about that as seen in previous chapters), is yet to be seen.

#26 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 1 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And that, very well, may be the goal. He gets an incredible amount of mileage out of the pairing wars. Small tweeks set off huge firestorms, after all. I still think her feelings for her teammates are conflicted and that her confrontation with Sasuke will likely meant to ultimately end that.

Whether this is meant to fuel that notion or simply reaffirm that she still gives a damn about Sasuke ( (and that this isn't solely about easing Naruto's burden, though this is partial about that as seen in previous chapters), is yet to be seen.

Yeah, I kinda assumed Sakura may still have some lingering feelings left for Sasuke or at least still cared about him as a friend, but I figured she needs to grow up on her own--or at least experience the fact that the Sasuke she "loved" isn't the same person anymore for herself.

Knowing that he's a criminal and that he's done horrible things is one thing, but really accepting it is another. Sakura seems like the person who has to actually have it slapped in her face for it to finally sink it, i.e, like when Sasuke called her annoying the first time and she realized that this must have been what Naruto felt when she called him annoying--that type of thing. Maybe she just needs to confront Sasuke for herself to really see the type of person he became before finally letting him go.

Not to mention, going off topic here a bit.... but Sasuke has never shown any romantic feelings for Sakura, ever. I've always thought his role in the story was meant to be the avenger he had claimed to be since the beginning, not to reciprocate Sakura's feelings for him. And regardless of Hinata's earlier confession, it's moot if Naruto doesn't feel the same way :\

I just wished Kishimoto would put a stop to this stupid fanwar already. I get that the manga's popularity soars if he so much as suggests a pairing might have the advantage... but c'mon, this has kinda been going on for too long >.>

#27 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

Not to mention, going off topic here a bit.... but Sasuke has never shown any romantic feelings for Sakura, ever. I've always thought his role in the story was meant to be the avenger he had claimed to be since the beginning, not to reciprocate Sakura's feelings for him. And regardless of Hinata's earlier confession, it's moot if Naruto doesn't feel the same way :\

Yeah, but think about this for ounce. If Sakura doesn't return Naruto's feelings...then Naruto will have to move on. This love triangle thing...is getting very boring.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#28 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Dec 1 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but think about this for ounce. If Sakura doesn't return Naruto's feelings...then Naruto will have to move on. This love triangle thing...is getting very boring.

Yeah I realized that he would need to move on, but if he gets together with Hinata... I don't know. It wouldn't seem really genuine to me. It would feel like Naruto only got together with her because he couldn't have Sakura, so he's going for the next best thing >.> I don't know. That's how it will be like for me if NH ever became canon.

#29 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

I guess that there really is no reason to over-react at such a chapter. I mean, we barely get anywhere in the story in a week, so might as well not assume, must wait and have patience, dang I just wish it were easy to quit reading for 3 months.

#30 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Chesh @ Dec 1 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When she finds sasuke she will get it, She may even get chidori'd for her troubles. If she still claims to love sasuke then she deserves to be put straight by him.

No, Sakura has made the concious decision she doesn't love Sasuke. We get nothing in that spoiler detailing what Sai said to Naruto about Sakura's feelings, we only get some lines supposedly from Kakashi and Sai talking about Sakura's motivation to kill Sasuke. The questionable things is unlike all the rest of the spoilers this line is 1) really hideously translated and a mangled mess to start with and 2)It's not directly attributed to either Kakashi or Sai.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#31 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

Third party observations are usually stating what the writers wants to be known. So if it's said that Sakura loves Sasuke and is doing this for him, it'll most likely be true.

#32 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 1 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, Sakura has made the concious decision she doesn't love Sasuke. We get nothing in that spoiler detailing what Sai said to Naruto about Sakura's feelings, we only get some lines supposedly from Kakashi and Sai talking about Sakura's motivation to kill Sasuke. The questionable things is unlike all the rest of the spoilers this line is 1) really hideously translated and a mangled mess to start with and 2)It's not directly attributed to either Kakashi or Sai.

I believe i just wrote that in a spur of the moment omg i cant believe she still loves him and has lied to Naruto. I never put any rational thought into it.

I have now thought about it and believe its nothing to worry about. I do believe when she meets sasuke and after they do whatever kishi has planned for them she will come to a conclusion

If its Naruto she loves we better just hope shes not to late - (I'm finding it hard to picture Narutos reaction if shes lied i wonder if his hopes would be completly crushed and he will turn to Hinata for comfort)

If its Sasuke then i i guess thats it and she can continue to chase a hopeless dream unless sasuke all of a sudden ends up OOC and takes her with him and the second time of asking
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

#33 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Dec 1 2009, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The word 'love' gets tossed around a lot, very easily. Maybe we should wait to see what the actual chapter LOOKS like before we start going overboard with the pairing panic once again. We'll likely read 3 or more different translations before we even get to see the chapter late Thurs/early Fri.

So take a collective deep breath, and wait. I'm reserving my judgement until then.

ya i think we thought it said something once and then on thursday it was differnet

QUOTE (Chesh @ Dec 1 2009, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura is due a wake up call

When she finds sasuke she will get it, She may even get chidori'd for her troubles. If she still claims to love sasuke then she deserves to be put straight by him.

I do hope it s bad translation however

she would have to go through Karin now if she still wanted him anyway

#34 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Interesting spoiler. Unfortunately it's not going to help stop the Sakura or NS bashing.

Though, I think Kishimoto is trying to do two things.

1. Keep Sakura's feelings vague. Notice her feelings for Naruto were not addressed at all. We still don't know what is going on in Sakura's heart besides her decision to kill Sasuke because she loves him on SOME level (which we still don't even know on what level)

2. Make Sakura look foolish. This could possibly lead into some kind of major development for her (hopefully) when she does finally confront Sasuke.

Also, another interesting thing Kishi is doing is making Naruto look quite wrong in his choice to save Sasuke. All the rookies think he should die, Sakura thinks he should die, now Gaara even says he should die. Not only that, but each of these groups has given a different reason as to why. The rookies want him to die to stop the spread of hate. Sakura wants him to die because she wants to stop someone she loves from doing things they might regret. And Gaara says he should die because as a hokage, it is the right thing to do in order to protect ones people. We know in the end Naruto will save Sasuke, but kishi is making it harder for Naruto to choose that path. This in the end will make Naruto look even stronger when he does save Sasuke.

#35 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:30 PM

I think what Kishimoto is doing is a parallel to what he did about Tsunade. He let readers believe- even Jiraiya believed that Tsunade might betray Konoha and heal Orochimaru, when the truth was she was planning on killing him herself and saving everybody elses lives.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#36 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 1 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think what Kishimoto is doing is a parallel to what he did about Tsunade. He let readers believe- even Jiraiya believed that Tsunade might betray Konoha and heal Orochimaru, when the truth was she was planning on killing him herself and saving everybody elses lives.

Hmm... it will be a great parallel which means, it will be a kick to see how the fandom reacts when the Sakura Vs. Sasuke fight actually happens. wink.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#37 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:10 PM

I am not sure about this, is it really confirmed by Nja. I think the spoiler is a bad translation by a Sasuke x Sakura shipper myself. It seem to weird it doesn't seem to Flow with the other chapters. I hate it when a translation is bad, like this it gives Sakura a bad name, and makes her look like she was lying about her feelings for Naruto.

#38 Kit

Kit

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:11 PM

Whatever Kishi's intentions are, being a narusaku fan, this spoiler is still devastating to the ship. I'll be honest: I have long stopped reading Naruto for its storylines, its battles, or any other aspect of it - that all died when A. Shippuuden's anime adaptation was equivalent in quality to filler and B. when the entire story started focusing itself on Sasuke, so much so that it wouldn't have been too far off to just call the second part SASUKE. I have been following this only for the shipping, and none of this development has been pleasing, even if it does go our way in the end.

Sure, true love's course never did run smooth, but seriously? If I wanted more of this drama and angst I would read Twilight: New Moon.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I love the community you guys have set up here, always thoughtful posts and lots of fun to read! This is I think my first post - only because you guys always take the words right out of my mouth xD

Edited by Kit, 01 December 2009 - 05:13 PM.

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Dec 1 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm... it will be a great parallel which means, it will be a kick to see how the fandom reacts when the Sakura Vs. Sasuke fight actually happens. wink.gif

I think it will happen. No matter what lingering feelings she might have, she's made up her mind he's got to die because he's such a menace to Naruto's life. (Much the same reason Gaara has decided that Sasuke has to die.) It was in the face of Naruto's determination to continue to go after Sasuke in an attempt to redeem him (much like Jiraiya attempted with Orochimaru until he finally gave up. But note how neither Jiraiya or even Tsunade attempted to take out Orochimaru for years, even knowing what a monster he had become...

#40 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Dec 1 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure about this, is it really confirmed by Nja. I think the spoiler is a bad translation by a Sasuke x Sakura shipper myself. It seem to weird it doesn't seem to Flow with the other chapters. I hate it when a translation is bad, like this it gives Sakura a bad name, and makes her look like she was lying about her feelings for Naruto.

My assumption for now is just that it's incomplete. I suspect that it'll read a bit better for her with the full translation, but it'll still look like a blow to our ship. I'm not too bothered by that because it's not supposed to be perfectly smooth anyway. Kishi has to introduce some suspense (but I think he's overdoing it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users