• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#81 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Nov 6 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did it rub anyone else the wrong way when, after she pummelled that centipede all by herself, someone shouted to her that she was needed at the hospital? Dude! If 12 guys can't take and one 16yo can, then you guys get to hospital and put her on the front lines!

A solider goes where their skills are most needed. Those fleeing Jonin dudes likely had near zero medic nin skills. Sakura was much better than they were fighting summons, but with all the injured they had already, a highly skilled medic nin was in desperate need- as we saw in the next chapter Sakura was shown in. That being said I would have like to have seen Sakura thinking something sarcastic toward Iruka. wink.gif

Medic nins are not supposed to put themselves right in the line of fire unless the situation can't be helped, Tsunade and Sakura can ignore that rule to a greater extent than most medic nin because how skilled fighters they are. Rin was an example of a more typical medic nin, likely before the events of the Gaiden she was always kept back as much as possible from the fighting lines on missions.

Field medic nins are like a ninja squads personal MASH unit. But Rin should have had more defense training, looks like fighting against genjutsu was the only major battle training she had. Her skill level seemed more suited for a village medic nin than a field one, but considering they were at war, even medic nin like her were on the battlefield.

Yes, I'm arguing points for both sides here. wink.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#82 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:21 AM

I know a lot of you are saying that Sakura seems a little unsure about her true feelings concerning Naruto and Sasuke, but I really think Sakura knows exactly how she feels. Maybe we wont know yet but I'm sure we can make a logical guess.

I really don't see Killerbee dying or getting captured right now. Its just that it seems way to obvious that hes the only one that can teach Naruto how to control the Kyuubi, and that seems like one of the parts of the story we all know and knew would eventually happen. The further the manga goes on, the more apparent it gets - Jiraiya handing the key down to Naruto, Minato telling Naruto he would need the foxes power to fight Madara. The only other way I can see Naruto controlling the fox is by natural chakra and sage mode, but I don't think that is powerful enough.

As for the next thing between Naruto: I believe that at the end of 471, we will get 2 final panels. First showing the situation and Sai talking to Naruto, and the 2nd showing Naruto's face in total shock and the bottom of the screen saying "Now that Naruto knows what Sakura plans, what will he do?" BOOM cliffhanger.

#83 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Nov 8 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... Its just that it seems way to obvious that (Killerbee is) the only one that can teach Naruto how to control the Kyuubi...

I've heard that one a number of times, but I'll need more convincing.
"No one can control such power beyond the ability of men." - Chiyo

People like Killerbee because he is kind of silly, and that he kicked Sasuke's backside. But that doesn't mean he will be friendly to Naruto, or that he is a good person. It may be that his "control" is on the level of Naruto 1 or 2 tail; that Killerbee is strong enough ninja on his own (as brother to the Raikage), that he has not needed to fully unseal his tailed beast.

#84 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Evil Potato @ Nov 8 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know a lot of you are saying that Sakura seems a little unsure about her true feelings concerning Naruto and Sasuke, but I really think Sakura knows exactly how she feels. Maybe we wont know yet but I'm sure we can make a logical guess.

I really don't see Killerbee dying or getting captured right now. Its just that it seems way to obvious that hes the only one that can teach Naruto how to control the Kyuubi, and that seems like one of the parts of the story we all know and knew would eventually happen. The further the manga goes on, the more apparent it gets - Jiraiya handing the key down to Naruto, Minato telling Naruto he would need the foxes power to fight Madara. The only other way I can see Naruto controlling the fox is by natural chakra and sage mode, but I don't think that is powerful enough.

As for the next thing between Naruto: I believe that at the end of 471, we will get 2 final panels. First showing the situation and Sai talking to Naruto, and the 2nd showing Naruto's face in total shock and the bottom of the screen saying "Now that Naruto knows what Sakura plans, what will he do?" BOOM cliffhanger.

Yeah, and I don't think she's confused about her feelings either. She clearly hasn't loved Sasuke for some time and she now mentally has accepted she has to cut off all emotionally bonds to Sasuke, even the team mate bond. She still has that team mate bond in her heart but I don't think that's lessening her resolve to take down Sasuke, all she has to do to is think about what Sasuke has done, who he has chosen to affiliate himself with and what that means to Naruto's safety to assure herself she's made the right choice.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#85 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Nov 8 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard that one a number of times, but I'll need more convincing.
"No one can control such power beyond the ability of men." - Chiyo

People like Killerbee because he is kind of silly, and that he kicked Sasuke's backside. But that doesn't mean he will be friendly to Naruto, or that he is a good person. It may be that his "control" is on the level of Naruto 1 or 2 tail; that Killerbee is strong enough ninja on his own (as brother to the Raikage), that he has not needed to fully unseal his tailed beast.

Killer Bee has complete control over the 8-Tails. he released it completely during his battle with Hawk, and managed to both use a replacement jutsu with one of it's tails, and create a clone with another one of them. In other words, not only can he control it, he can use his own ninja training while doing so. And more than that, he converses with it while riding on it's head, and it talks back to him like an old friend, calling his rapping bad, and teasing him about his life.

#86 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Nov 8 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A solider goes where their skills are most needed.

And obviously Sakura agrees with that. She trotted right off to do her duty. My point was that it would be nice to see the female lead in a less narrow role. She's basically patted on the head and then sent off. As I said, it rubs me the wrong way.

My overall point with that post was that this chapter opens up an opportunity to flesh out her character a little more.
It would be nice to see her transcend from the character who is sensitive about her strength and abilities to a fully realized main character. The precedent is their for the three to follow the three sannins, and there's no question about Naruto and Sasuke being Sannin material, but Sakura still has to evolve. Or to paraphrase Tsunade, become desperate enough to want to overcome challenges.

Sakura's character is also set up to be in footsteps of the two, so that will become one of her obstacles to overcome. The door is wide open for lots of plot twists, and I hope they're good.

On another note, I wonder about the Sai clone and which is the real one. If a clone Sai traveled with Sakura & Co. they would have no reason to suspect it was a clone, although Kiba and Akamaru would notice at some point that there was no smell. (It would be a cool plot twist to have his clone go "poof" if they attacked Sasuke. Says the rest of the gang: OMG!)

So then the real Sai would have to stay behind, and I feel certain he would be discovered immediately by Naruto & Co. because they're senses are on heightened alert.

However, if it's the other way, I think a clone Sai who stayed behind would have no trouble staying hidden as they would not be able to detect him.

Hmmmmm...I guess I'm over-thinking this because I'm really not sold on the idea that Sai will go running up and spill the beans about Sakura. And with Naruto's reactions of late, he may get mad at Sai and dismiss him out of hand.

I'm pleased that there is so many possibilities to chew on at this point in plot. As the reader, we really don't know how things are going to turn out, and, barring any whack-a-doo plot devices, I hope that we are kept guessing till the end!

#87 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Nov 8 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Killer Bee has complete control over the 8-Tails. he released it completely during his battle with Hawk, and managed to both use a replacement jutsu with one of it's tails, and create a clone with another one of them. In other words, not only can he control it, he can use his own ninja training while doing so. And more than that, he converses with it while riding on it's head, and it talks back to him like an old friend, calling his rapping bad, and teasing him about his life.

My point it that there may still be seals in place on the 8-Tails.

Naruto undergoes different types of transformations for his 9-tails. He can get power ups with 0, 1, and 2 tails, and still be in control. The form we saw with Killerbee may not be the full 8-tail form.

If the 8-tail saw an opportunity to escape from Killerbee, do you think it would continue to talk to him like an old friend? Most of the conversations in Naruto's head would be considered cooperative. They tend to turn sinister when it thinks it can trick Naruto into letting it out.

Look, you could easily be right. I've tried to construct an argument that you could be wrong. Luckily, we have the Kisame fight to find out. If Killerbee's power tops off at the same level as what he showed in his fight with Sasuke, then you are right. I think the Kisame fight is going to require Killerbee to be more serious, and we will see a power-up, which would show that he has control over a partly powered kyuubi (and might lose control when he taps more of it).

Edited by RedDelicious, 09 November 2009 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users