Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

*gets on knees and starts praying Naruto Shippuden will be in their line-up*

#42 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:34 AM

*Prays to the gods of TV's and Appliances and thanks them for this wonderful miracle.*

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#43 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:59 AM

It'd be cool to see Naruto on Toonami again, but I think a show I'd be much more excited over would be Fairy Tail. From what I've heard, the anime dub hasn't been syndicated on any channel yet, despite the first 48 episodes being out on DVD. Which is a shame, since it's one of the better quality anime dubs out there, IMO. Rave Master appeared on Toonami back in the day (even though I'd say SyFy treated it better), so it might not be too far fetched, if the two attract similar audiences.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 16 2012, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If its part of [adult swim] maybe they can bring back Naruto and One Piece and have the Big 3 anime all in one block, and of course DBZ will probably be on aswell and hopefully they will bring some new anime along with some old ones.

I'm actually kind of curious over what's happening really. Adult Swim and Toonami used to be separate programming blocks, but it looks like Adult Swim is promoting Toonami's return. From what I remember, One Piece was airing regularly at least a year before Toonami's cancellation, and Naruto was still airing right up to it. That would be something, if Toonami returned with the Big 3. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 17 May 2012 - 03:00 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#44 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

actually, cn didn't realize their mistake, the morons. adult swim is run by different people but they share the same channel. if there is anyone we should be praising, it's adult swim. i officially consider the original cartoon network dead. at least toonami will live on thank goodness. plus, i believe some of the original toonami creators got promoted into adult swim.

Edited by ultranx, 17 May 2012 - 03:05 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#45 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 16 2012, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but I think a show I'd be much more excited over would be Fairy Tail. From what I've heard, the anime dub hasn't been syndicated on any channel yet, despite the first 48 episodes being out on DVD. Which is a shame, since it's one of the better quality anime dubs out there, IMO.

Now that would be kickass awesome! wow.png

#46 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 16 2012, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm actually kind of curious over what's happening really. Adult Swim and Toonami used to be separate programming blocks, but it looks like Adult Swim is promoting Toonami's return. From what I remember, One Piece was airing regularly at least a year before Toonami's cancellation, and Naruto was still airing right up to it. That would be something, if Toonami returned with the Big 3. happy.gif

Toonami and [Adult Swim] both came from Turner Broadcasting. That's why they're promoting Toonami. Plus, [Adult Swim] pretty much replaced Toonami's midnight runs from what I remember, I guess that's how they're linked.

#47 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Press Release
"TOONAMI - Beginning Saturday, May 26, Adult Swim brings back Toonami, the network's popular block of anime programming. Airing weekly from midnight to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), in addition to the return of previous series featured in Toonami, Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans."

its good that they are bringing new programming along with the older stuff. I just never feel like watching anime on the computer all the time. plus i dont mind waiting weekly for new episodes

And I think the old stuff airing will be mostly the anime from the old adult swim along with DBZ Outlaw star from toonami
\

#48 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

you know, there's been talk of a dub for InuYasha: the final act since late 2010, and I'll bet anything it's going to air with the toonami revival.

#49 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

A boy has a right to dream.....

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#50 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 17 2012, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Press Release

its good that they are bringing new programming along with the older stuff. I just never feel like watching anime on the computer all the time. plus i dont mind waiting weekly for new episodes

And I think the old stuff airing will be mostly the anime from the old adult swim along with DBZ Outlaw star from toonami

Even though I don't live in the US, I'm really happy for you guys. There's nothing better than seeing your favourite shows back then being aired again just for old time's sake.

I think FT will most definitely be part of the block as part of the new line-up, considering its popularity.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#51 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:01 AM

It's good to see Toonami finally back on the air! biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#52 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

Finally!

uc.png

#53 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

All these feels that are running through my veins!!!!

#54 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 17 2012, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Press Release

"TOONAMI - Beginning Saturday, May 26, Adult Swim brings back Toonami, the network's popular block of anime programming. Airing weekly from midnight to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), in addition to the return of previous series featured in Toonami, Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans."

I agree its hard enough for me to actually remember to watch the New Episodes of Shippuden and thats the only anime I watch online and I only started watching it a few months ago.

I was wondering if they did start showing Naruto again would they continue where the left off in the pre-Shippuden fillers, would they skip strait into Shippuden or would they start over from the begining with stronger language and without all the edits?

But I'm a little confused about when it will be. I know they say Saturday May 26th at Midnight but are they talking about technically (i.e. starting at the end of Friday Night or like it was on April Fools when it is technically Sunday?

One more thing I'd like to know what shows from [adult swim] will be carried over, what shows from Toonami's original run do you think/hope will be brought, and what new show do you think/would like them to show?

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#55 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Mik3 @ May 17 2012, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Press Release

Ahh, I see, so that's why Adult Swim was promoting it, it's basically incorporating Toonami as part of its own block.

Anyways it's good that a lot of old shows will be coming back, and hopefully we'll see some new ones. If it's only on Saturday night, I'll be probably still be watching it on my computer, since I don't have a DVR, but I'd really like to see some shows get back on T.V. if only just to help generate interest. Hopefully they're smart with their programming, and keep new episodes/shows toward the beginning of the block.

QUOTE (sardns @ May 17 2012, 01:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you know, there's been talk of a dub for InuYasha: the final act since late 2010, and I'll bet anything it's going to air with the toonami revival.

QUOTE (Codus N @ May 17 2012, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think FT will most definitely be part of the block as part of the new line-up, considering its popularity.

I really hope so, for both of them. I think Fairy Tail would have seemed right at home on Toonami, so I can see it returning on this new Midnight Run block. I'd really like to see the Fairy Tail anime reach at least a Bleach level of popularity over here. Some fans might not care for dubs, but they seem to be the best way to generate interest in some of these series, which in turn helps bring the manga volumes, DVDs, and video games over here faster. I know I discovered Naruto and Bleach through Cartoon Network, and I'd be willing to bet I wasn't the only one. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 18 May 2012 - 12:55 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#56 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

im so happy........ argh1.png argh1.png argh1.png argh1.png argh1.png argh1.png

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#57 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 18 2012, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh, I see, so that's why Adult Swim was promoting it, it's basically incorporating Toonami as part of its own block.

Anyways it's good that a lot of old shows will be coming back, and hopefully we'll see some new ones. If it's only on Saturday night, I'll be probably still be watching it on my computer, since I don't have a DVR, but I'd really like to see some shows get back on T.V. if only just to help generate interest. Hopefully they're smart with their programming, and keep new episodes/shows toward the beginning of the block.

I really hope so, for both of them. I think Fairy Tail would have seemed right at home on Toonami, so I can see it returning on this new Midnight Run block. I'd really like to see the Fairy Tail anime reach at least a Bleach level of popularity over here. Some fans might not care for dubs, but they seem to be the best way to generate interest in some of these series, which in turn helps bring the manga volumes, DVDs, and video games over here faster. I know I discovered Naruto and Bleach through Cartoon Network, and I'd be willing to bet I wasn't the only one. happy.gif

i agree. i've never watched or read fairy tale, but i'll look into it once naruto ends. as for who else became a fan of naruto because of toonami and cartoon network? me. i loved how it began. and i loved the shadow clone jutsu and the rasengan. the fights reminded me of dbz, which i love to death. then i learned more about naruto and started enjoying naruto for his character and enjoying the plot. and now i am hooked on naruto( though i do read a one piece chapter from time to time. i believe my last up to date one piece chapter was when that shibikai or whatever they call it, cut all the marines into pieces. they were cut into pieces but still alive, just like the samurai.). unlike most people though, i watched toonami from beginning to end. anyways, i'm so glad it's back. i'm glad everyone is happy. i've been spreading the word to bring it back like crazy. and i figured the april fools thing was a test from the start. here's why: 1. the original creators of toonami have been promoted to adult swim, and 2.( this is the major one) toonami used to always do tests, for example, when it first came out they did a commercial with chaotic superman cartoon scenes and then it said this: "is toonami a failed experiment? tell us what you think". and they gave the mailing address and everything. i figured it was a test because of this. i mean come on, why would they tweet so much, make the original voice actor of tom do amazing new scenes, and bring back the toonami creators if it was a prank? i mean, if it was a prank, adult swim would have announced the next day, otherwise it seems like a too much a cruel type of joke.

Edited by ultranx, 18 May 2012 - 05:16 AM.

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#58 Forlong

Forlong

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

I loved Toonami! It'll be great to see it again, even if only reruns.

#59 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Some info on Toonami

Strictly an anime block, like adult swim has been doing on saturday nights

Schedule
12am Bleach
12:30 Deadman Wonderland -New series
1:00 Casshern Sins-New series
1:30 Fullmetal Alchemist BrotherHood
2:00 Ghost in the Shell
2:30 Cowboy Bebop

Then a Repeat.

Toonami has very little resources in terms of money, so no naruto, one piece, DBZ or fairy tale. Naruto and DBZ specifically are licensed by competitors. The other two, most likely don't have the money for. Tom will appear as an updated hi-res version of Tom 3.0. Absolution will be updated but look similar to the one Tom 3.0 used. Steve Blum is still going to be Tom. Peter Cullen is busy and won't be doing the promos. They WILL try to put together music videos, video game reviews etc. Music will be coming from many different sources. No SARA, she costs a lot of money to make. However, if people watch Toonami and the ratings are good, they will get more money more resource which means, more Tom animations, SARA could come back, it could be longer than 3 hours, even more new anime and old ones as well. Just like when Toonami started, they have to get built up for good things to happen.

Edited by Mik3, 21 May 2012 - 08:45 PM.

\

#60 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

I'm fine with that. We just need to support it. So, everyone, let's help get Toonami back on its feet!

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users