147 replies to this topic

#41 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

The key to save Sasuke lies in the power Itachi gave Naruto.

Edited by Gravenimage, 31 May 2011 - 01:00 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#42 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

The key to save Sasuke lies in the power Itachi gace Naruto.

Think so too.
And ... Sasuke will live.
"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#43 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

Ugh, Kishimoto is all about saving Sasuke. Don't care if he's redeemed and becomes a sweet little angel, I never really liked his character but it was over and done with when he tried to kill Sakura. He ain't ever gonna be liked by me.

#44 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Kodachi Claws @ May 27 2011, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it certainly will be a challenge.

While at times he made things difficult for the village, he really hasn't committed any crimes against them, minus his last fiasco with Team 7. He pretty much did them a favor by getting rid of Orochimaru and Danzo. That by no means excuses his clear intent, but I'd imagine that the way it would play out is that Sasuke puts his plans for Konoha into motion, and Naruto will stop him before he does irreparable damage.

I should add that Sasuke is one of my favorite characters, just cause I love seeing how evolves into a villain. Usually we're introduced to the villain and then learn their story. In a way, it robs them of their humanity in my view, cause it feels like they never had a choice to be someone else and it really makes me feel like I don't care. Seeing it happen, totally different story, and it actually makes it more hopeful that he can be redeemed, bad as things look for him.

I agree.

It's no accident his sights are set specifically on Naruto BEFORE he makes it to Konoha or that up to this point he has only killed villains and people the main cast don't mind seeing dead. The only close exception is Karin, who ultimately lived and whom no one (in the main cast) has an attachment to. Yeah he killed a sitting Hokage and did them a favor by getting rid of someone who they couldn't easily get rid of themselves. That he hasn't done anything like that tells me it's very likely he will be redeemed.

#45 creak

creak

Lurker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, indie rock, cigerettes, and coffee

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 27 2011, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true. but as far as "saving" sasuke goes, i hope that at most he only turns back to the light for a brief moment before he dies. cause if he doesn't die, then a lot of fans are going to be pissed dry.gif
"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved." Søren Kierkegaard

#46 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

I think he will be redeemed at the end. That is one of Naruto's ultimate goals, and as the hero, he has to accomplish this. So I am ok with Sasuke being redeemed in the end, however I do not want him to live happily ever after. My preference is he be redeemed in death (saving Naruto, or helping to take down Madara) or after everything is said and done, he leaves the ninja world. e.i. places himself in exile to live in solitude and give up on his dream of resurrecting the Uchiha Clan.

#47 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

I'm guessing we get a Darth Vader / Luke Skywalker ending.

Madara almost kills Naruto or otherwise has him in checkmate.

Madara taunts Sasuke about Naruto. Sasuke realizes Naruto's pretty much been the only friend he's had his entire life.

Sasuke gets his redemption moment and attacks Madara.

Sasuke kills Madara but is mortally wounded in the process.

Naruto says: Don't die yet Sasuke, I promised Sakura I'd save you!

Sasuke says: You already have, Naruto.

Sasuke dies in Naruto's arms.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#48 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

hope he lives, hope he gets saved. cause thats what naruto has been trying to do this whole time. all this time...he better find a way >w>

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#49 Amrikandesi93

Amrikandesi93

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />NS!<br />Manga<br />Videogames<br />

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hasn't he killed Samurai from Iron Country? And attacked The Raikage? I kinda think he will be redeemed at the end but he will die after laughing or something with Tean 7. If he does live then i want to see him walk a road to redeem himself even if he helps kill madara. I think the road to redemption for him should be long since he has killed people.
The Uchiha clan should also end withn Sasuke, since the Senju clan is also going to end since Tsunade is the last Senju, which would leave the Uzumaki, as the only heirs of the S6P. Since they seem to be the ones that inherit most of his powers (longer life, possibility of rinnegan, better Jinchuuriki control)

#50 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

He might...or he might not...

In the end his redemption comes just seconds before his death.

Edited by Strangelove, 04 June 2011 - 11:39 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#51 creak

creak

Lurker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, indie rock, cigerettes, and coffee

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 4 2011, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He might...or he might not...

In the end his redemption comes just seconds before his death.

yup. exactly what i was thinking too a_thumbs.gif
"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved." Søren Kierkegaard

#52 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

Ah, Sasuke. I don't really like him anymore, but I don't really want him to die either. A happy ending would be nice actually because I'm all mushy like that, but I also doubt that's gonna happen!
meh.

#53 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

@Amrikandesi: You're forgetting the Hyuuga clan.

#54 Amrikandesi93

Amrikandesi93

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />NS!<br />Manga<br />Videogames<br />

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jun 5 2011, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Amrikandesi: You're forgetting the Hyuuga clan.

Well yea, i guess i did forget about their blood relations. But it kinda seems to me that Kishi isn't gonna do anything great with them. I mean he made them out to be real awesome in Chunnin Exams but now it seems he forgotten all about them

#55 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Amrikandesi93 @ Jun 5 2011, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well yea, i guess i did forget about their blood relations. But it kinda seems to me that Kishi isn't gonna do anything great with them. I mean he made them out to be real awesome in Chunnin Exams but now it seems he forgotten all about them

Does it matter? :/ There's barely anything we don't know. And anything we do not is utterly uninteresting and irrelevent. I'd rather focus on the Uchiha or the highly anticipated past of the Uzumaki. Even more so now.

About Hyuuga blood relations, what? They have NONE we know of. Other than the fact that Kakashi said once in the beggining that the Sharingan came from the Byakugan. But I highly doubt that is true since he's probably wrong and that was probably a random thought by Kishimoto when he hadn't even developed the history and not even Madara. In fact, I doubt he had developed much of the past in his head back then.

Edited by The Tax-Man, 05 June 2011 - 09:29 PM.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#56 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

Something to think about: If Naruto doesn't save Sasuke, he'll never shut up about Sasuke. And I, for one, am sick of his whining over Sasuke, so I hope he figures out how to save him.

#57 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (The Tax-Man @ Jun 5 2011, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it matter? :/ There's barely anything we don't know. And anything we do not is utterly uninteresting and irrelevent. I'd rather focus on the Uchiha or the highly anticipated past of the Uzumaki. Even more so now.

About Hyuuga blood relations, what? They have NONE we know of. Other than the fact that Kakashi said once in the beggining that the Sharingan came from the Byakugan. But I highly doubt that is true since he's probably wrong and that was probably a random thought by Kishimoto when he hadn't even developed the history and not even Madara. In fact, I doubt he had developed much of the past in his head back then.

LOL, that thought's crossed my mind before. Especially since the Uchiha have been stated to be descended from the S06P, I guess I can't really figure out how the Hyuuga clan worked into that. But I guess the Rinnegan was also the S06P's power, so maybe all of the Three Great Doujutsu are connected to him. I don't think his oldest son's eyes were identical the Sharingan, so it's possible that both the Byakugan and Sharingan mutated off of the original Rinnegan. But I still feel like Kishimoto's retconning that earlier comment.

As for the subject of this thread, I think it's obvious that Sasuke will be redeemed. Or at the very least he won't die as a villain. I basically see three possible conclusions.

1.) Sasuke fights Naruto. Naruto beats him and convinces him to forget about revenge. Sasuke helps defeat Madara and rejoins Konoha.
2.) Sasuke fights Naruto. Naruto beats him and convinces him to forget about revenge. Sasuke helps defeat Madara and goes on a journey to find atonement, either by himself or with Taka.
3.) Sasuke fights Naruto. Naruto beats him and convinces him to forget about revenge. Sasuke helps defeat Madara, but then, maybe after someone important dies, Sasuke uses some super jutsu to resurrect everyone who died during the war. Squad 7 has one last happy conversation, ending with Sasuke dying a hero's death.

Personally, I think 2 or 3 have the highest chance of happening. I know Sasuke hasn't done anything ENTIRELY irreedemable, but his actions toward Squad 7 during the Iron Country fight, as well as his defeat of Danzou (both the defeat, and his cruel method of doing so) may have taken him over the PoNR. But we'll see what happens. I personally would hate it if #1 happened, but knowing Kishi it's not too far-fetched.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#58 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jun 5 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Something to think about: If Naruto doesn't save Sasuke, he'll never shut up about Sasuke. And I, for one, am sick of his whining over Sasuke, so I hope he figures out how to save him.

oh..so true...i hope sasuke gets saved and just to make sure maybe even live.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#59 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

I'm indifferent on this whole Sasuke live/die thing. I have tbh though, he's never been my favorite ninja in existence and I only liked him during the Chunin Exam arc, the finals that is. He's really making himself out to be a great villian though, I still dislike him, but man he's evil. I guess I'll accept any ending but this: Sasuke lives, finds hidden feelings for Sakura deep inside him, starts dating her and evenually marries...or anything remotely related to SasuSaku, friends is all I'm seeing them being at.

You know, I thought Kishi in one of the interviews stated Sasuke was the final villian, if I'm wrong, oh well.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#60 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 27 2011, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree i think that's more of protection, although its the rare times when the powers of an Uchiha mixed with that of the Senju.

I think that the key to save Sasuke is death. He has already gone into the path of darkness it will torment him forever.

The use of

drugs, premeditated murder, random murder, and torture...the list goes on, the best Naruto can see is that Sasuke cannot be save while he is still alive. There won't be a silly redemption scene, or a I am sorry can you please forgive me scene.

Edited by Strangelove, 07 June 2011 - 12:27 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users