134 replies to this topic

#121 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

People are thinking too much about the pairings in the movie it's obvious that the movie focused a lot on Naru/Saku and not Kaka/Saku rolleyes.gif. Just ask yourself who is the pairing that Kishi has been giving a lot of development since he started writing his manga??? duh no contest. danarusakunp3.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#122 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 24 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People are thinking too much about the pairings in the movie it's obvious that the movie focused a lot on Naru/Saku and not Kaka/Saku rolleyes.gif. Just ask yourself who is the pairing that Kishi has been giving a lot of development since he started writing his manga??? duh no contest. danarusakunp3.gif

Of course the movie as a whole is a NaruSaku pro-fest, but still, it is a lot funnier if you search for crack pairing hints even tough you don't like them.(like me tongue.gif)
Well the thing is, of course NaruSaku is destined to be. Damn, even my 11 years old goes with NaruSaku even tough he doesn't even knows what a crush is and I didn't say anything to him about NS.

Edited by untold62, 24 April 2010 - 08:43 PM.

#123 X105

X105

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:29 AM

Anyone notice that Naruto's rational for the "sacrifice one for the many" lined up exactly with Sasuke's? That really stuck out for me in the movie.

#124 EarthBorn

EarthBorn

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:&gt;Science! and the Tech stuff. <br />&gt;Music (I do the Guitar, occasional Keyboard and Lyrics writing for a school band I'm a part of)<br />&gt;Writing<br />&gt;Gaming <br />&gt;One thousand other stuff...

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

I finally got around to watching it. While the movie did have some glaring flaws that jarred an otherwise smooth experience, I'd have to agree with the rest of you that it was definitely the best Naruto movie yet.

Let's see if the next one can top this with even more NaruSaku hints. biggrin.gif

#125 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

Somewhat of a spoiler --Click here to view--
Am I the only that thinks Naruto's line, "I spent one night in the hospital and the world went to kitten." was completely hilarious?

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#126 untold62

untold62

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (EarthBorn @ Apr 25 2010, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see if the next one can top this with even more NaruSaku hints. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, the next movie will be about Naruto and his father mainly, seeing that Naruto goes back in the time of his father. Of course, seeing the producers are mainly the same, I wouldn't exclude some referring towards NaruSaku, especially from his father. I can see a moment like:

Minato: So Naruto, do you have a girlfriend or something?
Naruto: Well, there is someone I like

Or something like this wink.gif

But, I can't wait for the next movie, seeing that a great and vastly used fan fiction idea turned into animation biggrin.gif

Edited by untold62, 26 April 2010 - 10:29 AM.

#127 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

Like I mentioned before team Kakashi can appear at the beginning of the movie accompanying Naruto to capture the missing nin Mukade before he gets separated from them and sent to the past. They will appear again when he returns probably by the end of the movie. Thus team Kakashi or Sakura will have little appearance in this movie.

Edited by Gravenimage, 26 April 2010 - 01:22 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#128 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:46 PM

But the only thing is, Kakashi's appearance is indispensable since he's the only one who would be able to explain to Naruto about the complexity of Space-Time paradoxes in a way that Naruto can understand. Thus, preventing any unwanted results in the future. As for Sakura, I don't mind if she appears or not. But if she does, it would be EPIC if Minato & Kushina "approved" her of being Naruto's girlfriend. (filler, but I would LOVE to shove this into the faces of a certain pairing fandom laugh.gif )

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#129 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 26 2010, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somewhat of a spoiler --Click here to view--
Am I the only that thinks Naruto's line, "I spent one night in the hospital and the world went to kitten." was completely hilarious?

of course not!

and I kinda got the feeling from what I read that it was supposed to be a solo mission, but I could be wrong >.>

Edited by pharix, 26 April 2010 - 04:32 PM.

#130 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

If Naruto's mother is dead how she never visits like his father or Asuma does for Shikamaru. I would love to see how Minato reacts towards Sakura. I'm pretty sure he knows already how his son feels about Sakura. But most people might diss this and say something like its not related to the story. So does this move come after Pein invasion? I'm pretty sure he was gonna ask his son about a girlfriend but Naruto punched him before they got too family moment. One of my favorite moments is where Sai says to Sakura that women act strong in front the ones they love then she tells him to "shut up!".

#131 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:43 AM

I am filled with rage. --Click here to view--
This movie was awful. Truly, horrendously awful. There wasn't a single moment where I wasn't pissed off about something.

The only people in character were Naruto and Sakura.

Shikamaru was acting like a soulless robot, devoted entirely to "The Rules". Shikamaru has never acted like that.

The fact that Tsunade, of all people, sent Kakashi off to his death is insane. Did the writers understand her character at all?! Her losses of Dan and Nawaki nearly destroyed her, and she willingly went along with a plan that would've most likely destroyed any kind of trust or loyalty Naruto and Sakura had in her?! No. Bull. kitten.

The Daimyo threatening to destroy Konoha because a random psychotic ninja declared war is laughable. It's the single dumbest moment I've ever seen in Naruto, and that includes fanfiction. Why would anyone believe the announcement, anyway?! Some guy nobody's ever seen before talks about starting the fourth world war, so Konoha must be planning a Coup?! What type of insane logic is that?!

And don't even get me started on Kakashi willingly going to his death. He'd never do something so insanely reckless! He knows his death would hit his teammates hard, especially Naruto. There is no way in hell he'd ever go along with a plan that sacrificed a person for "The greater good."

Whoever wrote this story doesn't understand a single goddamn thing about the Narutoverse!

#132 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Apr 28 2010, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This movie was awful. Truly, horrendously awful. There wasn't a single moment where I wasn't pissed off about something.

Shikamaru was acting like a soulless robot, devoted entirely to "The Rules". Shikamaru has never acted like that.

The fact that Tsunade, of all people, sent Kakashi off to his death is insane. Did the writers understand her character at all?! Her losses of Dan and Nawaki nearly destroyed her, and she willingly went along with a plan that would've most likely destroyed any kind of trust or loyalty Naruto and Sakura had in her?! No. Bull. kitten.

The Daimyo threatening to destroy Konoha because a random psychotic ninja declared war is laughable. It's the single dumbest moment I've ever seen in Naruto, and that includes fanfiction. Why would anyone believe the announcement, anyway?! Some guy nobody's ever seen before talks about starting the fourth world war, so Konoha must be planning a Coup?! What type of insane logic is that?!

And don't even get me started on Kakashi willingly going to his death. He'd never do something so insanely reckless! He knows his death would hit his teammates hard, especially Naruto. There is no way in hell he'd ever go along with a plan that sacrificed a person for "The greater good."

Whoever wrote this story doesn't understand a single goddamn thing about the Narutoverse!

I think it's the fact that the characters were OC except Naruto and Sakura that made the movie very good. I agree with you that it was stupid for the feudal fire lord to destroy Konoha because of the threat but there has to be plot of they wouldn't be a movie in the first place. Lastly I believe Kishimoto was somehow involve in the making of the movie if you read the message he left when the movie ended, so take it on the author himself for making the characters OC in the movie. I hope the fourth movie is better let's all cross fingers.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#133 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Apr 28 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe Shikamaru was in character. Tsunade allowing Kakashi to go off and die did seem out of character, even though she didn't really send him, he volunteered. I know she let Jiraiya-sama go into an extremely dangerous situation vs Pain but she didn't know for sure he would die. I believe a lot of your disbelief could've been quelled had they addressed what I'll discuss about in the portion discussed below.

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Apr 28 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Daimyo threatening to destroy Konoha because a random psychotic ninja declared war is laughable. It's the single dumbest moment I've ever seen in Naruto, and that includes fanfiction. Why would anyone believe the announcement, anyway?! Some guy nobody's ever seen before talks about starting the fourth world war, so Konoha must be planning a Coup?! What type of insane logic is that?! And don't even get me started on Kakashi willingly going to his death. He'd never do something so insanely reckless! He knows his death would hit his teammates hard, especially Naruto. There is no way in hell he'd ever go along with a plan that sacrificed a person for "The greater good."

One of the things I forgot to mention in my earlier review, is the iffy 'dropped in the middle of something' deal they gave as a starting point to the film. We were dropped into the middle of the pursuit of the villain, which may have taken months to do, which is fine, but we're never fully given a gravity to the situation. We're very hastily supposed to swallow that whomever this villain is, he's got all of Konoha frightened, and suddenly all of the world. The development of the threat is skimmed over to the end of the rising action. I say end, because we never go through the beginning and middle of the rising action where the heroes come up with a plan of attack, the trial and error, the logical journey, the thought processes of the characters. So we never find out why Kakashi feels this is the only way to end this, when he always looks for a different way out before considering death. And for them to skim over the probably thought process he goes through: plan a), plan b), etc... is what causes the loss of character believability. The Daimyo's decision to suddenly want to destroy Konoha as a result of the projection of the probably well known fugitive, also comes off as untrue because, it's one guy. How dumb does, not only the Daimyo, but the rest of the shinobi world have to be to not consider that this may be a hoax to create another war. They would at least consider that someone may have come across or simply made their own Konoha headband and thought it would be devious to pit the whole world against Konoha. They would have a meeting first and at least try to talk things out like normal politicians do, instead of suddenly believing the projection. If this were covered, the problem of character believability may be less of an issue.

Shikamaru is always the voice of reason among the rookies, and although he has been wrong, he'll do what is responsible. And actually if the main villain was as powerful as they wanted us to believe he may be I would've sided with Shikamaru. So I think he was the voice of reason as he has been in part 2. I know Naruto's team and most specifically Kakashi helped him avenge his Sensei's death, but for him to let his emotions/ sentimental duty get in the way of his better judgement when the fate of the whole village rests on Kakashi's sucess would be more out of character. That's the other thing, Kakashi specifically asked him to do it. At this point it still feels like Kakashi's actions and Tsunade's actions are more out of character than Shikamaru's. But as far as Kakashi's willingness to sacrifice himself to protect others, that's not out of charcter at all. Even if it would hit Naruto or Sakura hard. If he had to choose between protecting their feelings or protecting their lives as well as the rest of the village I don't think there's a contest there. I just don't think he would've come to the conclusion as lightly or as quickly as he does in the film.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#134 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Apr 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as much as I liked the action and stuff (even if some of it made little sense) I agree with a lot of this

Edited by pharix, 29 April 2010 - 05:29 AM.

#135 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Apr 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that Tsunade, of all people, sent Kakashi off to his death is insane. Did the writers understand her character at all?! Her losses of Dan and Nawaki nearly destroyed her, and she willingly went along with a plan that would've most likely destroyed any kind of trust or loyalty Naruto and Sakura had in her?! No. Bull. sh*t.

Yeah, I'm with you about this movie. Action and graphics aside, the story was weak. And though it's better than it's predecessors, it still could have been so much better. At least they had more main characters, less no-one-cares villains/damsels, and cobbled it into the actual timeline.

But I'm always surprised by the scattered handling of the manga, the anime and the movies.

It's especially noticeable when the animation quality is poor. I'm always left wondering why the scads of people who produce these aren't bringing their 'A game' to these creations? Do they not realize they are drawing/writing for one of the most popular mangas out there right now? Top 10 at least. Are they saving their creative juices for something else?

I know I'm oversimplifiying, but it takes just as much effort to produce something random and OOC as it does to produce a something that harmonizes with the original manga and it's characters.

Anyway, even though this movie was better than the rest (and, as a whole, the filler arcs and movies seem to be moving more in unison with the manga and Kishimoto's characterizations), I was still underwhelmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users