• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#21 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Apr 10 2010, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Better download it before YT tears it down....

Why does the opening seem like a better way for Pein to invade... and I actually thought the Pein invasion was pretty good in the manga.

Edited by Sir Whirly, 10 April 2010 - 09:09 PM.

#22 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:50 PM

I finally got around to seeing episode 155, and yes! The Gutsy Ninja has a sexxyy voice wow.png ohhh so manly! Though, I think he looked hotter in the manga but still *fangirl scream*

#23 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:59 AM

the new opening is good, and i found the new ending really cute, bubbly and a bit ditzy(she's riding a bike on a sunny day, while in the real show a war is going on) but my favorite part had to be when he was reading the gutsy ninja book!!but i dont remember the main character having whiskers
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (StrawberryAcappella @ Apr 10 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the new opening is good, and i found the new ending really cute, bubbly and a bit ditzy(she's riding a bike on a sunny day, while in the real show a war is going on) but my favorite part had to be when he was reading the gutsy ninja book!!but i dont remember the main character having whiskers

I should tell you that ending is about Hinata's character (nothing about the Naru/Hina pairing or any secret hints of the pairing unlike the Naru/Saku endings they have shown in the past). Hinata's name means "sunny day" so its pretty obvious for the girl to be riding the bicycle on a sunny day, the character reflects Hinata's character and probably about her theme in the manga which I highly believe it's not about claiming Naruto's heart but not giving up and change yourself into a better person.

Edited by Gravenimage, 11 April 2010 - 03:32 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 11 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I should tell you that ending is about Hinata's character (nothing about the Naru/Hina pairing or any secret hints of the pairing unlike the Naru/Saku endings they have shown in the past). Hinata's name means "sunny day" so its pretty obvious for the girl to be reading the bicycle on a sunny day, the character reflects Hinata's character and probably about her theme in the manga which I highly believe it's not about claiming Naruto's heart but not giving up and change yourself into a better person.

Ah but it's raining for a good part of the ending, and the girl's personality is absolutely nothing like Hinata's but very like Sakura's. Plus, other than Hinata's hairstyle she looks nothing like Hinata- Karin's body shape (completely flat chested), Tenten's face shape, Sakura's eye shape, Ino's eyes- iris of the eyes notably darker than whites of the eyes but no pupils. Nope, I think it's a generic girl of the Narutoverse. And hey, Sakura's name means cherry tree spring field, the girl spends quite a bit of time under a tree in a field during the rain (rain in a daytime natural setting is used to evoke spring), so no it's not Hinata. Generic girl of the Narutoverse
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#26 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 11 2010, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah but it's raining for a good part of the ending, and the girl's personality is absolutely nothing like Hinata's but very like Sakura's. Plus, other than Hinata's hairstyle she looks nothing like Hinata- Karin's body shape (completely flat chested), Tenten's face shape, Sakura's eye shape, Ino's eyes- iris of the eyes notably darker than whites of the eyes but no pupils. Nope, I think it's a generic girl of the Narutoverse. And hey, Sakura's name means cherry tree spring field, the girl spends quite a bit of time under a tree in a field during the rain (rain in a daytime natural setting is used to evoke spring), so no it's not Hinata. Generic girl of the Narutoverse

You're right thanks for clearing that up ciardha. smile.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#27 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 11 2010, 07:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it's that complex. I don't really see Tenten's "face shape" in there, nor is it really Ino's eyes. What I think is that this is something outside the Naruto universe, thus Hinata is not in her ninja clothing, she does not have the Byakuugan, and maybe that's why her personality is a little different. That little bit is not quite "Sakura's personality" either. This girl is being represented too cutely for that. I think it is meant to be Hinata--the animators wouldn't try to be so confusing like that. This is a different art style, is all, and set outside canon universe. She's just a regular girl, and if her name means "Sunny Day" well, it does stop raining and the sun comes out, thus she rides her bike.

The song is stuck in my head, and while it's a simple ending it contrasts the darkness of both the opening and the arc. It gives you hope. Push Hinata! Push up that hill!

#28 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

im with broken on this one. The Hinata in the ending is a very stylized Hinata but its her none the less.

She's just a regular girl, and if her name means "Sunny Day" well, it does stop raining and the sun comes out, thus she rides her bike.

The song is stuck in my head, and while it's a simple ending it contrasts the darkness of both the opening and the arc. It gives you hope. Push Hinata! Push up that hill!

as a fact I beleieve this statment to be totaly correct. the point of the song as shown by the animation to me is exactly that. riding up that hill in the bright sunlight with the blue sky overhead is meant to show hope and happiness. that push to better things.

especially given the contrast of the opening which is full of conflict and sadness.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#29 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Apr 11 2010, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's that complex. I don't really see Tenten's "face shape" in there, nor is it really Ino's eyes. What I think is that this is something outside the Naruto universe, thus Hinata is not in her ninja clothing, she does not have the Byakuugan, and maybe that's why her personality is a little different. That little bit is not quite "Sakura's personality" either. This girl is being represented too cutely for that. I think it is meant to be Hinata--the animators wouldn't try to be so confusing like that. This is a different art style, is all, and set outside canon universe. She's just a regular girl, and if her name means "Sunny Day" well, it does stop raining and the sun comes out, thus she rides her bike.

It can't be Hinata:

A)She's completely flatchested not DD cup. With a shirt like that Hinata's breasts would look enormous (believe me, I know. I've been D cup since I was 14 and had a shirt like when I was about 17- they made my breasts look even larger than they did in other style shirts. Thus after a few times of getting way too many leers from guys, I never wore a shirt like that again. One personality point I shared with Hinata when I was a teen was major discomfort with how my big breasts drew too much attention, I hated- and still do- being the center of attention for any reason. Yes, believe it or not I'm an introvert.) Even Sakura's B cup breasts would be obvious (my younger sister had B cup breasts during one period where those type shirts were in style and even she looked busty in that type shirt) only on a flatchested girl like Karin would the shirt look like that.

B)Look at the eyes the there are whites of the eyes and significantly darker irises but no pupils like Ino's, Hinata's irises are the same color as the whites of her eyes as are her pupils- in close ups like the image where you see the girl's eyes.

C) Hinata's eye shape is more oblong than that girl's, Sakura's are that shape.

D) Hinata has a slightly rounded rectangular face, Tenten's face is shaped like the girl's.

E) The girl has an open, expressive nature like Sakura's, with a smile like Sakura's. Hinata has a inhibited nature with a only a slight hint of one when she smiles.

She's a generic Narutoverse girl. I think some fans just want it to be Hinata because the last ending was Sakura and narusaku centeric. But it's not any specific girl, it's a blend. I also agree with others that the ending theme animation is quite out of touch with the series tone at this time. It's like the animators got the anding theme mixed up with one they would have for a lighthearted younger shoujo anime series they are working on at the same time they are working on Naruto. In fact, it makes me wonder if what happened is they had this ending theme animation partly finished (notice how much more finished the nature scenes are compared to the bicycle and especially the girl) for some other series they were contracted for, but the series got canceled before the animation could be used so they quickly sketched in a generic Narutoverse girl and a bicycle and used it so the work wouldn't go to waste.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 11 2010, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It can't be Hinata:

A)She's completely flatchested not DD cup. With a shirt like that Hinata's breasts would look enormous (believe me, I know. I've been D cup since I was 14 and had a shirt like when I was about 17- they made my breasts look even larger than they did in other style shirts. Thus after a few times of getting way too many leers from guys, I never wore a shirt like that again. One personality point I shared with Hinata when I was a teen was major discomfort with how my big breasts drew too much attention, I hated- and still do- being the center of attention for any reason. Yes, believe it or not I'm an introvert.) Even Sakura's B cup breasts would be obvious (my younger sister had B cup breasts during one period where those type shirts were in style and even she looked busty in that type shirt) only on a flatchested girl like Karin would the shirt look like that.

B)Look at the eyes the there are whites of the eyes and significantly darker irises but no pupils like Ino's, Hinata's irises are the same color as the whites of her eyes as are her pupils- in close ups like the image where you see the girl's eyes.

C) Hinata's eye shape is more oblong than that girl's, Sakura's are that shape.

D) Hinata has a slightly rounded rectangular face, Tenten's face is shaped like the girl's.

E) The girl has an open, expressive nature like Sakura's, with a smile like Sakura's. Hinata has a inhibited nature with a only a slight hint of one when she smiles.

She's a generic Narutoverse girl. I think some fans just want it to be Hinata because the last ending was Sakura and narusaku centeric. But it's not any specific girl, it's a blend. I also agree with others that the ending theme animation is quite out of touch with the series tone at this time. It's like the animators got the anding theme mixed up with one they would have for a lighthearted younger shoujo anime series they are working on at the same time they are working on Naruto. In fact, it makes me wonder if what happened is they had this ending theme animation partly finished (notice how much more finished the nature scenes are compared to the bicycle and especially the girl) for some other series they were contracted for, but the series got canceled before the animation could be used so they quickly sketched in a generic Narutoverse girl and a bicycle and used it so the work wouldn't go to waste.

I know about that but the girl doesn't look like nothing like Hinata only the long hair it's the same thing why they have been saying that Hinata resembles Naruto's mother Kushina her hair is similar in length but she's nothing like Kushina at all because according to Tsunade and Jiraiya Kushina was just like Naruto so in other words she was a tomboy.

Edited by Gravenimage, 13 April 2010 - 04:04 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

You can completely tell it was a random character. I do say the anime team did poorly on the intro song and the whole conclusion not having any fitting to the anime. wink.gif

#32 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 11 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know about that but the girl doesn't like nothing like Hinata only the long hair it's the same thing why have been saying that Hinata resembles Naruto's mother Kushina her hair is similar in length but she's nothing like Kushina at all because according to Tsunade and Jiraiya Kushina was just like Naruto so in other words she was a tomboy.

Yeah, I think it is along the same lines. I'm not going to make the same insistence that the girl is Sakura, even though she has Sakura's eye shape and personality- her looks are too much a blend of the various teen Konoha girls. I think it's just the animators sketchy attempt at a generic Narutoverse girl, in a pretty pointless ending animation. The animators do that from time to time with ending themes, several of the part 1 ending themes were kind of pointless, but this is probably the most pointless one they've ever done. It's a real step down after the last ending theme that was about the most strongly connected to Team 7's (and the Sanin's) character development they'd ever done. I think the current ending is even more pointless than the Naruto and toads one in part 1. Even the Bacchoi ending had some point to it- accurately showing the personality differences between Ino, Sakura and Hinata.

#33 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:14 PM

I really like these two episodes

I never get tired seeing Kakashi's face when he have to read Icha Icha and Shikamaru's face wasn't bad either laugh.gif

Naruto eating frog food was as hilarious as I suspected it would be.

I know that it's not much but I like the little 'budda effect' when Naruto control the senjustu.

Of course, the best part is when Naruto read the legend of the gutzy ninja ( the older version of Naruto is even sexier in color and his voice *drooling*...I hope that we will get the chance to see this Naruto in the end of the manga * cross finger*)

I really love the opening theme. It's not as depressing as the last one ( even if I really like the other one). As for the ending theme, I find it to childish and the drawing are...well, I don't like them much.

Anyway, I can't wait to see THE battle ( I hope that they won't make it to fast and skip to much. I hope that we can see some kunoichi fighting like in the opening...one can dream right?)

Edited by silverserenity, 12 April 2010 - 02:16 PM.

#34 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ Apr 12 2010, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course, the best part is when Naruto read the legend of the gutzy ninja ( the older version of Naruto is even sexier in color and his voice *drooling*...I hope that we will get the chance to see this Naruto in the end of the manga * cross finger*

But I think this one is better for the end of the manga or time skip wasntme.png :
Rokudaime Naruto Pics --Click here to view--

Edited by Uzumakikage, 12 April 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#35 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 11 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I think it is along the same lines. I'm not going to make the same insistence that the girl is Sakura, even though she has Sakura's eye shape and personality- her looks are too much a blend of the various teen Konoha girls. I think it's just the animators sketchy attempt at a generic Narutoverse girl, in a pretty pointless ending animation. The animators do that from time to time with ending themes, several of the part 1 ending themes were kind of pointless, but this is probably the most pointless one they've ever done. It's a real step down after the last ending theme that was about the most strongly connected to Team 7's (and the Sanin's) character development they'd ever done. I think the current ending is even more pointless than the Naruto and toads one in part 1. Even the Bacchoi ending had some point to it- accurately showing the personality differences between Ino, Sakura and Hinata.

i think we're all in a little bit of a denial here. we're all worried just like how the other fandoms were worried about the last few opening/endings simply because it shows another character of the fandoms. But really, this ending is much much much less fandomized as our narusaku opening/ending. It simply shows her riding a bicycle??? so we don't need to worry about it, the anime people need to keep the fans happy so it's their job to satisfy all sides. plus, i'm just about 100% they're doing this just to set up hinata's so called "epic stabbing and love confession". It'll be a few episodes till this arc is over so they may have a new opening/ending by then with sakura involved instead. The anime is known to have the ending changed early or something. plus, just wait for sakura's confession next arc.....no matter how real it was you know the anime's going to use that for sure.

#36 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

Gutsy Ninja wow.png Oh,can't wait to see he's hotness again... *heat flash* Oh he's so awesome! *dies of fangirl screaming*
Why are you guys debating about the ending...? Anyways, can't wait to see Naruto in Sage Mode, though the OP was a mega-spoiler...

Post #1000! Wooahh! party.gif

#37 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 12 2010, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gutsy Ninja wow.png Oh,can't wait to see he's hotness again... *heat flash* Oh he's so awesome! *dies of fangirl screaming*
Why are you guys debating about the ending...? Anyways, can't wait to see Naruto in Sage Mode, though the OP was a mega-spoiler...

Post #1000! Wooahh! party.gif

Breaks out the pulse shocker and brings you back to life. tongue.gif

#38 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Apr 12 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think we're all in a little bit of a denial here. we're all worried just like how the other fandoms were worried about the last few opening/endings simply because it shows another character of the fandoms. But really, this ending is much much much less fandomized as our narusaku opening/ending. It simply shows her riding a bicycle??? so we don't need to worry about it, the anime people need to keep the fans happy so it's their job to satisfy all sides. plus, i'm just about 100% they're doing this just to set up hinata's so called "epic stabbing and love confession". It'll be a few episodes till this arc is over so they may have a new opening/ending by then with sakura involved instead. The anime is known to have the ending changed early or something. plus, just wait for sakura's confession next arc.....no matter how real it was you know the anime's going to use that for sure.

why can't it just be a cute girl riding a bike?i don't think every op.and ending has to have some secret message in it
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (silverserenity @ Apr 12 2010, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course, the best part is when Naruto read the legend of the gutzy ninja ( the older version of Naruto is even sexier in color and his voice *drooling*...I hope that we will get the chance to see this Naruto in the end of the manga * cross finger*)

Yeah, I was like "Whoa! Manly Naruto!" Sakura is going to be one lucky woman. biggrin.gif

#40 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 13 2010, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I was like "Whoa! Manly Naruto!" Sakura is going to be one lucky woman. biggrin.gif

They will be both be lucky to have each other because I'm sure that Sakura will be very beautiful when she's older happy.gif

Edited by silverserenity, 13 April 2010 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users