#41 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Apr 6 2012, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what was he supposed to say? "I know who they are but I can't tell you"?

Agreed. And when you consider how ballistic he would've been at that age, he would've definitely gone straight to 4-tails and turn out exactly like Gaara. But however, I think they made a really gross characterization of Hiruzen. Hiruzen would've definitely been not that cold and instead tell him about his parents in a very round-about way.

Lastly, why is everybody hating on the OP?? I can't be the only one that likes it, right?? shamefulcry0js.gif granted, it lacked a lot of things but it's nowhere near as bad as the last one. If I have to give it a fair mark, I'd give it 7/10.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#42 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 6 2012, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata wasn't out of place for this ED--she's there because of the love nin chap, which the anime team took reference to for this, and where she shares panel time with Sakura.

She shares panel time with Sakura? From what I recall, Sakura's and Hinata's thought panels were on entirely seperate pages (not to mention that they were seperated by Itachi/Nagato and Neji/Kiba/Akamaru's convos). Or do you mean that she shares chapter-time with Sakura? headscratch.gif

I guess it's not impossible that the anime team is referencing 540, but it seems like sort of a stretch to me. Obviously shipping fans went nuts over those two mental images, but they weren't exactly the most pivotal scenes in that chapter. On top of that, neither girl's inclusion really seems to be that similar to their portrayal in those two manga scenes, nor are they even shown to be thinking of anyone in particular. I guess the implication might be there, but even then they don't sync up analogously in order of appearance.

To be honest, the only pairing-related thing I noticed was Hinata's inclusion.

@Codus: I didn't the hate the OP exactly, but I guess I just found the song to be sort of grating and the animation to be kind of weird. Since we're moving into the climax of the series (presumably), I had my hopes raised for an OP as cool as the "Sign", "Lovers", or "Haruka Kanata" OPs. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 06 April 2012 - 04:26 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#43 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Okay so I decided to drop by and check out the new OP and ED.

I'll be honest, if I could bring back Newsong, I would.

JA2DBzd.png

#44 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 5 2012, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you can always interpret the ending as SasuHina if you want to... heheelq7.png I'm sure I know there's some here who'd interpret it that way...

Indeed, that must be it! The final pairings are totally gonna be NaruSaku and SasuHina. Now I know that would seriously mess with some people's heads. fu.png

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 6 2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed. And when you consider how ballistic he would've been at that age, he would've definitely gone straight to 4-tails and turn out exactly like Gaara. But however, I think they made a really gross characterization of Hiruzen. Hiruzen would've definitely been not that cold and instead tell him about his parents in a very round-about way.

Yeah, something definetly wasn't right with Hiruzen's characterization in this episode. He seemed way too cold. Now I understand his reasons for not wanting to tell Naruto the truth, but still. For me, him and Naruto's relationship has always been that of a grandchild/grumpy grandfather. Loving, but still with its fair share of "complications". biggrin.gif Here he was more like "Okay, first of the month. Here's your money. See ya, I'm outta here!". It just seemed...wrong. confused.gif

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 6 2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lastly, why is everybody hating on the OP?? I can't be the only one that likes it, right?? shamefulcry0js.gif granted, it lacked a lot of things but it's nowhere near as bad as the last one. If I have to give it a fair mark, I'd give it 7/10.

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 5 2012, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, as for the opening, finally!!! about time we got rid of the previous one!! it was a pretty good opening IMO and kinda reminds me of the Part I openings too. Although I kinda wish they put in more. Like Kitsuchi's Mountain jutsu & Darui's Black Panther. It would've been epic. We only got Mifune sad.gif oh well, I think he deserves it, considering his minimal appearance even though he's one of the Generals.

Well, I quite liked it. Yeah, it does have its flaws and I wish it would have been more of a like the 7th opening, you know with lot's of cool battles going on, instead of just having the characters standing out in the open, showing of their techniques. But overall, I think it captures the whole "We're going to war!" vibe quite well.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#45 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

To me what makes an awesome OP is the song and some symbolism in the animation. A good example would be Diver. But this opening's song was a really turn off for me.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#46 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 5 2012, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tbh, it looks like a SasuSaku/NaruHina ending

I didn't rewatch it, but I don't remember seeing Naruto/Sasuke interacting with anyone of them. At least not intimate, like the previous ending. It just proves one thing, once you think of Hinata, you have to think of NH.

Edited by sushi., 06 April 2012 - 09:09 PM.

ナルサク

#47 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Apr 6 2012, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Codus: I didn't the hate the OP exactly, but I guess I just found the song to be sort of grating and the animation to be kind of weird. Since we're moving into the climax of the series (presumably), I had my hopes raised for an OP as cool as the "Sign", "Lovers", or "Haruka Kanata" OPs. happy.gif

Bolded: This, just this.... I hope that for the love of god they bring back the same kind of epicness of those two openings for the finale.

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 6 2012, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me what makes an awesome OP is the song and some symbolism in the animation. A good example would be Diver. But this opening's song was a really turn off for me.

Well, we don't have the translation for the lyrics yet so you can't really judge whether it fits the arc or not and moreover, how does it become a turn-off?? to me, it had that same pumped-up feeling you feel when you watch "Sign" and "Haruka Kanata" (of course, the song still can't compare to the level of the epicness of those two songs. It's good, but not that good)

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#48 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Apr 6 2012, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what was he supposed to say? "I know who they are but I can't tell you"?

Something that didnt make him sound like an ass at least.

#49 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 7 2012, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, we don't have the translation for the lyrics yet so you can't really judge whether it fits the arc or not and moreover, how does it become a turn-off?? to me, it had that same pumped-up feeling you feel when you watch "Sign" and "Haruka Kanata" (of course, the song still can't compare to the level of the epicness of those two songs. It's good, but not that good)

The song is not powerful enough and the music is just awful. Its just my preference I don't expect the rest to have the same.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#50 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

....i miss opening 10......it was bright and funny....and the song was catchy...T^T

what happened to the awesome naruto openings???

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#51 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 7 2012, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
....i miss opening 10......it was bright and funny....and the song was catchy...T^T

what happened to the awesome naruto openings???

They died with the endings. biggrin.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#52 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 7 2012, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The song is not powerful enough and the music is just awful. Its just my preference I don't expect the rest to have the same.

You do know that this is Shippuden's standard, don't you?? If we go by Shippuden's openings, this is actually better than most of them. The only thing that would beat this would be Sign. And I think I have to disagree with you on Diver. It's nowhere near as pumped-up as this one (and wayyy too many NaruSasu vibes). Name other OP's that can beat this besides Diver, Sign & Hero's come back. I prefer songs with lots of drum beats, so I guess that's why I like this OP so much.

Now as for my opinion on the ending, FYI, this is the same band that belted out Bleach's "Haruka Kanata". So I was expecting an awesome song like it, but alas, I was very disappointed.

248793.jpg

#53 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 7 2012, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do know that this is Shippuden's standard, don't you?? If we go by Shippuden's openings, this is actually better than most of them. The only thing that would beat this would be Sign. And I think I have to disagree with you on Diver. It's nowhere near as pumped-up as this one (and wayyy too many NaruSasu vibes). Name other OP's that can beat this besides Diver, Sign & Hero's come back. I prefer songs with lots of drum beats, so I guess that's why I like this OP so much.

So what if its a standard? I still don't like it. For this current OP, the music was ok but the vocals was horrible. I personally wasn't really fond of Hero's come back. Like I said its personal preference. If I were to name my favorite OPs it will not match yours. If I like hip hop and you like punk rock, are we able to debate which genre would suit this series? No, again its a matter of personal preference. I don't have any problem with people liking this OP, you should do the same for your case.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 07 April 2012 - 09:16 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#54 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I guess so... I just don't wanna be the one that likes this OP.

248793.jpg

#55 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 7 2012, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I think those songs were pretty awesome, especially Hero's come back.

Well I decided to take a look at the episode just to see the OP but I ended up watching the whole thing. Although it was filler consisted of stuff we already know I still thought it was cute. The only thing that bothered me were everyone's badly drawn faces at the beginning(I think someone already commented on Naruto's). Sasuke was practically the only one that looked normal.

Oh yeah and as for the OP, I guess it isn't't that bad. It is better than the last one, hands down. But I'm not really impressed with the music(I can't speak about the whole song because I still haven't heard it) and I guess the whole thing looked just 'okay'. It fails to produce the 'wow' factor in me, it's like they're repeating the same stuff we've seen in older openings all over again. Well, I guess it's not easy to find something new and original after so many of them.

#56 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Apr 7 2012, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess so... I just don't wanna be the one that likes this OP.

Since everyone is talking about the opening and ending I watched them on Youtube. Neither song really catches my interest, but the opening images are somewhat more interesting than most of the the ending ones. Ending song images- don't see that much outright shipping, more various Hinata fanservice inserted into a Team 7 montage- including a pretty blatant one of her in a bathing suit. Sakura just looks depressed, and they pair that image of her with Naruto and Sasuke facing off, so you could just as easily connect it to Sakura's sadness about the way Team 7 was shattered, and about the pain Naruto has endured over the person he called his brother going bad and not being able to rescue him from the darkness. Her feelings of hopelessness about what happened. You could possibly connect it to the love letter nin chapter, but with the image of Naruto and Sasuke facing off being paired with it, it has more a vibe of sadness about what happened to Team 7 vibe. Oh and the girl in the dress near the end of the song has reddish hair like Karin, not anywhere near Sakura's pink. You don't see her face that clearly.... it might be Karin though.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#57 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Apr 6 2012, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't rewatch it, but I don't remember seeing Naruto/Sasuke interacting with anyone of them. At least not intimate, like the previous ending. It just proves one thing, once you think of Hinata, you have to think of NH.

I think this ending is more Of a NH SS pairing. Honestly after the Kushina arc I haven't watch the anime.

Edited by donjoseph19, 07 April 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#58 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 7 2012, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since everyone is talking about the opening and ending I watched them on Youtube. Neither song really catches my interest, but the opening images are somewhat more interesting than most of the the ending ones. Ending song images- don't see that much outright shipping, more various Hinata fanservice inserted into a Team 7 montage- including a pretty blatant one of her in a bathing suit. Sakura just looks depressed, and they pair that image of her with Naruto and Sasuke facing off, so you could just as easily connect it to Sakura's sadness about the way Team 7 was shattered, and about the pain Naruto has endured over the person he called his brother going bad and not being able to rescue him from the darkness. Her feelings of hopelessness about what happened. You could possibly connect it to the love letter nin chapter, but with the image of Naruto and Sasuke facing off being paired with it, it has more a vibe of sadness about what happened to Team 7 vibe. Oh and the girl in the dress near the end of the song has reddish hair like Karin, not anywhere near Sakura's pink. You don't see her face that clearly.... it might be Karin though.

sorry I have to disagree on this one, Hinata wasn't in a bathing suit at all, she was wearing a dress, and that was Sakura, she has short pink hair and green eyes, Karin's hair is bright red, and she has red eyes...

I think I agree with everything else tho! biggrin.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#59 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (KeikoxYusuke @ Apr 7 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry I have to disagree on this one, Hinata wasn't in a bathing suit at all, she was wearing a dress, and that was Sakura, she has short pink hair and green eyes, Karin's hair is bright red, and she has red eyes...

I think I agree with everything else tho! biggrin.gif

Huh? In the ending song I saw Hinata was wearing something very dark colored on her body that fit like an one piece sports style bathing suit (a maillot) and her legs looked completely bare to me- if there was a skirt it would have had to have been transparent... I didn't see any glimpse of eyes for the girl in the white dress, and in the establishing long shot the hair looked like Karin's style- several inches longer than Sakura's in the back, jagged uneven cut that is short in the front, and the hair wasn't light pink like the animators do Sakura's hair either, it was very close to Karin's hair color. I have a dial up connection so the images sat on my screen for several minutes while loading the next frames....

It's possible I was fooled by a fan manipulated ending since I hunted just for one that had the ending only. None of the comments mentioned manipulation though...

Someone give me a link on Youtube that has the ending song with the exact images that were on the episode ending and I'll look again....
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#60 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 7 2012, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh? In the ending song I saw Hinata was wearing something very dark colored on her body that fit like an one piece sports style bathing suit (a maillot) and her legs looked completely bare to me- if there was a skirt it would have had to have been transparent... I didn't see any glimpse of eyes for the girl in the white dress, and in the establishing long shot the hair looked like Karin's style- several inches longer than Sakura's in the back, jagged uneven cut that is short in the front, and the hair wasn't light pink like the animators do Sakura's hair either, it was very close to Karin's hair color. I have a dial up connection so the images sat on my screen for several minutes while loading the next frames....

It's possible I was fooled by a fan manipulated ending since I hunted just for one that had the ending only. None of the comments mentioned manipulation though...

Someone give me a link on Youtube that has the ending song with the exact images that were on the episode ending and I'll look again....

Hi this is the ending http://www.220.ro/de...002/5NRkIJxllW/

http://www.peteava.r...en-257-720p-002

Edited by Nostradamus, 07 April 2012 - 08:16 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users