TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

New episode out...

Right here!

Pretty good episode. It's not techinically a filler, since some of this stuff actually happens in the manga. Still, it felt a little pointless at first, but I really liked all the extra scenes they included, like Naruto and Sasuke's thoughts prior to the survival exercise. All in all, im willing to play along and see where they're going with this. You know, basically taking a trip down memory lane and then adding in little scenes that furhter elaborates on the character's feelings and motivations and such. Oh yeah and was I the only one who found Sakura posing in front of the camera both infinitely cute and funny? laugh.gif

Now about the new opening. Well, I like them both. Pierrot almost always make good openings and endings and I feel like they both fit well with the tone of the new arc. However, I do have to say that I prefer the ending a little more. I just find it a bit more catchy, plus it has some nice Sakura and Hinata fanservice, which is always nice, even though I kinda feel like it may be pandering to the "Sakura and Hinata are totally rivals for Naruto!" crowd. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by TerrorKing, 05 April 2012 - 12:00 PM.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#2 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Opening was okay, ending was lol why is Hinata even there, animation was total crap, why the the hell are we back at filler going over what we already know.

#3 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Apr 5 2012, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Opening was okay, ending was lol why is Hinata even there, animation was total crap, why the the hell are we back at filler going over what we already know.

Probably because it isn't really the time to insert an entire new filler story/mission and I think they've pretty much ran out of ideas to create a couple of filler episodes about the past

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#4 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Apr 5 2012, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New episode out...

Right here!

Pretty good episode. It's not techinically a filler, since some of this stuff actually happens in the manga. Still, it felt a little pointless at first, but I really liked all the extra scenes they included, like Naruto and Sasuke's thoughts prior to the survival exercise. All in all, im willing to play along and see where they're going with this. You know, basically taking a trip down memory lane and then adding in little scenes that furhter elaborates on the character's feelings and motivations and such. Oh yeah and was I the only one who found Sakura posing in front of the camera both infinitely cute and funny? laugh.gif

Now about the new opening. Well, I like them both. Pierrot almost always make good openings and endings and I feel like they both fit well with the tone of the new arc. However, I do have to say that I prefer the ending a little more. I just find it a bit more catchy, plus it has some nice Sakura and Hinata fanservice, which is always nice, even though I kinda feel like it may be pandering to the "Sakura and Hinata are totally rivals for Naruto!" crowd. sweatdrop.gif

Well, you can always interpret the ending as SasuHina if you want to... heheelq7.png I'm sure I know there's some here who'd interpret it that way... Now, as for the opening, finally!!! about time we got rid of the previous one!! it was a pretty good opening IMO and kinda reminds me of the Part I openings too. Although I kinda wish they put in more. Like Kitsuchi's Mountain jutsu & Darui's Black Panther. It would've been epic. We only got Mifune sad.gif oh well, I think he deserves it, considering his minimal appearance even though he's one of the Generals.

Edited by Codus N, 05 April 2012 - 12:31 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#5 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Not going to comment on the episode itself since its stuff we already know. That was a pretty awful song they chose for the opening there. And the animation didn't have much action. It has a lot of group shots, signs of lazy animation. Here's a group, here's another group. As for the ending, the song is much better and the animation was great. Its good to see Naruto in that sage outfit fighting against Sasuke. Man, there's going to be A LOT of complains from NS fans. Well what do you expect from an animation studio who wants to increase their ratings and putting in that moe character to fulfill that goal?

Edited by Darth Krypt, 05 April 2012 - 12:34 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#6 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Are we really going to be replaying the entire series as fillers? Seriously? That's going to be a few weeks of aimless filler.

#7 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

why is hinata there!!??? it doesnt make any sense.....is it cause of the pairings?? cause i know she doesnt fit in with the team 7 story!! come on!!!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#8 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 5 2012, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not going to comment on the episode itself since its stuff we already know. That was a pretty awful song they chose for the opening there. And the animation didn't have much action. It has a lot of group shots, signs of lazy animation. Here's a group, here's another group. As for the ending, the song is much better and the animation was great. Its good to see Naruto in that sage outfit fighting against Sasuke. Man, there's going to be A LOT of complains from NS fans. Well what do you expect from an animation studio who wants to increase their ratings and putting in that moe character to fulfill that goal?

Yup, I agree with most of the stuff you said buddy.

Well, compared to others fillers, I think this one wasn't half bad. We see now a bit of improved graphics and sound quality, plus we get to see some additional reactions from the characters.

As for the opening/ending... I guess it's good to see a change, though for some reason, both of them left me feeling kinda empty. The opening because I felt like it needed a bit more action (though Sakura looks great, Naruto is not bad either, and the Neji/Hina tag attack caught me by surprise). Oh, and gotta love Gaara!!!

The ending was more about me wondering why Hinata had to be there? I know these guys are Hinata fans, but heck, I would've prefer that Kakashi or Sai were there (since they're part of Team 7). The only reason I can think of is to make NaruHina/Hinata fans happy.

On the bright side, we have a cool looking Naruto in his sage garb and a beautiful Sakura in a nice dress.

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 5 2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why is hinata there!!??? it doesnt make any sense.....is it cause of the pairings?? cause i know she doesnt fit in with the team 7 story!! come on!!!

I've been ninja'd. laugh.gif
But yep, what you've said Merry.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 05 April 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#9 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Can someone please tell me why is Hinata in the ending? I mean, I know Studio Pierrot are Hinata fans they admitted themselves, but what exactly was her part in the ending? To me it felt like they were trying to please the Sasusaku and Naruhina fans, because the ending suggest those two pairings. Or maybe I interpreted it wrong and it's a Naruhina and a Narusaku, sort of. Sakura thinking of Naruto and Hinata thinking of Naruto as well(Naruto and Sasuke fighting each other, Sakura worrying about Naruto and Hinata worrying about Naruto as well). What do you guys think?

Edited by Nostradamus, 05 April 2012 - 05:17 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

I just realized something they should have put in the opening...

Chouji's moment. Where he unleashes his butterfly form without the red pills. Seriously, I'm quite disappointed considering this is some of the biggest moments in the war.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

I think it was a good episode over all, lots of flashbacks, but it good to kinda reinforce the story a little I guess, not sure that it needs it tho..the only part that bugged me the most...was that the changed Sakura's reaction to seeing Naruto being pinned down by Sasuke...in the Manga she looked worried, while Ino was cheering and didn't see anything wrong with it. but in this episode, they make Sakura just as clueless to the pains of bulling as Ino...that just bugged me. as for opeing, it was ok, not the best, the animation was better then the last opening...but not by much.

The ending was great! total pairing catering tho! -__- but I kinda liked it..after all both Sakura and Hinata get some good focus on some parts, not alot tho. so it's nice that I can at least see Sakura more in the ending..and Hinata too, altho she is not my fave pick, would rather have more Sakura-chan...still, it's so pretty.

as for the parts in the episode I liked..I liked Naruto's and thr 3rd Hokage's little chat, it shows how he supported Naruto..but at the same time was weary of him... very interesting. ( I think that was filler, but i'm not sure..if it was, it was done very well.)

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#12 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

I didn't even watch it, but from reading you guys comments, I'm already disappointed in it. .-.

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#13 Fickly

Fickly

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Yay, even the anime knows nh/ss is canon mwahaha.gif

#14 drummakidd

drummakidd

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:drums, guitar, recording/mixing, hanging out with friends

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (KeikoxYusuke @ Apr 5 2012, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it was a good episode over all, lots of flashbacks, but it good to kinda reinforce the story a little I guess, not sure that it needs it tho..the only part that bugged me the most...was that the changed Sakura's reaction to seeing Naruto being pinned down by Sasuke...in the Manga she looked worried, while Ino was cheering and didn't see anything wrong with it. but in this episode, they make Sakura just as clueless to the pains of bulling as Ino...that just bugged me. as for opeing, it was ok, not the best, the animation was better then the last opening...but not by much.

The ending was great! total pairing catering tho! -__- but I kinda liked it..after all both Sakura and Hinata get some good focus on some parts, not alot tho. so it's nice that I can at least see Sakura more in the ending..and Hinata too, altho she is not my fave pick, would rather have more Sakura-chan...still, it's so pretty.

as for the parts in the episode I liked..I liked Naruto's and thr 3rd Hokage's little chat, it shows how he supported Naruto..but at the same time was weary of him... very interesting. ( I think that was filler, but i'm not sure..if it was, it was done very well.)

wow... you''re right. I totally forgot about that.
http://viewer.s03.an...mp;page=011.png
The thing that bugs me though is that this scene is supposed to later on where they talk about the symbols of fighting and friendship. Are they just going to remake this scene again? sleep.gif;
Anyways loved the new ending.

#15 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Fickly @ Apr 5 2012, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh thats funny, last opening had Naruto about to get physical with Sakura, but of course that doesn't count.. pfft. dry.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#16 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

The episode was alright, the added moments that we never got to see was the only good part. I wouldn't have minded so much about this mini flash back until I saw that next episode is another flash back....really?! I cant believe they feel it necessary to show things we've seen a million times. Then again I guess it's better then an actual filler story :/

Then we have the new opening which I was dying for, and alas I'm highly disappointed. The group shots were ok but coming from an animation background I can tell you that Darth Krypt's comment on laziness is right. Which is beyond disappointing, they've had some epic fights in some of the recent openings, why couldn't they do it here? I mean come one this is the opening to the war!!! Isn't that a big enough reason to make this opening the kitten!!

Plus Naruto running around with a smile on his face the whole time didnt fit the rest of the feel of the opening. The music was alright but nowhere as near as catchy as the last one. I think my biggest problem is that Naruto stayed normal the whole time, he didnt he even go sage mode, let alone Kyuubi mode. All everyone did was dodge explosions that were coming from now where....fail.

As for the ending it was alright, the fighting was ok. However Hinata butting in was just bleh. I was like really? Might as well add other random female characters to the ending.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#17 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Fickly @ Apr 5 2012, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you wanna use the anime as an example of evidence, watch 235 . Check yo self before you wreck yo self

Edited by Dragunov, 05 April 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#18 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Tbh, it looks like a SasuSaku/NaruHina ending

#19 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Apr 5 2012, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you wanna use the anime as an example of evidence, watch 235 . Check yo self before you wreck yo self

:3

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#20 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Apr 5 2012, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tbh, it looks like a SasuSaku/NaruHina ending

Noooooo, SasuHina/NaruSaku :3

As to the chapter, i'd never imagine the Hokage would be an ass like that "Here's your money for the month, now go kitten yourself." That was pretty mean. "Who were my parents?" "Doesnt matter. I'm leaving now."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users