79 replies to this topic

#61 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:17 AM

232 does sound like a filler episode I might be interested in as long as it's confirmed to be promising with fan-service. heheelq7.png

Hopefully they get a guy in charge of the episode who will distribute the fan-service equally among the girls and not just give a larger chunk of it to Hinata. Assuming if this particular episode is going to even be a fan-service one at all. :True:

#62 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

767 :メロン名無しさん:2011/09/27(火) 23:50:05.77 ID:???0
テレビステーション

6日「閉ざされた航路」
補給物資を持って、ナルトたちと合流したシカマル。すると、突然船が霧に包まれ、羅針盤が狂っ てしまう。

13日「木ノ葉の女子会」
日向一族の集会で、当主ヒアシは、宗家の嫡子ヒナタではなく、分家のネジを忍界大戦のまとめ役 に任命する。

232. The Konoha Girls-Only Club
"At a Hyuuga clan meeting, the family head Hiashi appoints the branch family's Neji, rather than the head family's Hinata, to be a mediator/manager in the great ninja war."

People were commenting on the girls throwing a BBQ to cheer up Hinata, so everything I've heard points to this being a Hinata centric episode. down.gif Forgive me for my bias, but Hinata is my least favorite character in the series, mainly because her personality and attitude just grate. It doesn't help that Pierrot loves her, and gives her special treatment almost every time she shows up in the anime.

Yeah, I'll skip this episode thanks. hm.png
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#63 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 27 2011, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"At a Hyuuga clan meeting, the family head Hiashi appoints the branch family's Neji, rather than the head family's Hinata, to be a mediator/manager in the great ninja war."

People were commenting on the girls throwing a BBQ to cheer up Hinata, so everything I've heard points to this being a Hinata centric episode. down.gif Forgive me for my bias, but Hinata is my least favorite character in the series, mainly because her personality and attitude just grate. It doesn't help that Pierrot loves her, and gives her special treatment almost every time she shows up in the anime.

Hmmmm, sorry if I may be vocal for a bit. The terms "Holy kitten" and "Oh Fu*k" could be used in a good amount of context. This would be one of them. Man, I was somewhat getting my hopes up for some fanservice but since it feels like that's not the case and that it is a Hinata centric episode, when are they ever going to get back into canon? Is there a schedule for November already?

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#64 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 27 2011, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aaaand they're shoving more Hinata down our throats. Yaaaaaay I'm thrilled dry.gif
Come on, Pierot. Really?

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#65 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:55 AM

Ep 232 there goes my hopes for this to be a decent filler episode yep I won't watch it I had it with the mary sueing Hinata. I thought Pierot will give up after ep 166 but I was so wrong no thanks. sleep.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#66 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 27 2011, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dang. But oh well, I sort of thought we'd see something like this, since it seems like this Sea Voyage Arc is gonna drag on for a bit. I guess Hinata's a popular character, so it's a smart business move to give her extra screen-time in fillers, on top of the fact that I'm sure a lot of the writers are probably Hinata fans. Sakura and Ino appeared earlier in this filler arc, so I guess they're trying to balance it out by tailor-making an episode for Hinata.

I personally don't mind that we're gonna have to see more of Hinata, it's more just Naru/Hina fan-service that would bug me, or just seeing the anime team distort the characters from what we've seen in the manga. In the Konoha History Arc, they sort of gave Hinata her own episode (she was the 'damsel in distress', but the episode still kind of revolved around her), but I don't recall any N/H service in there. So even though N/H is a big part of Hinata's character, it's possible we'll see past that part of her.

As for this particular episode, the thing that actually bugs me the most is Neji's role. I mean seriously, Neji, a BRANCH family member, is being given a huge role in the upcoming war. This would be a huge achievement, and a great victory in perhaps the central theme of Neji's character: overcoming his destiny a branch family member. But, of course, we're supposed to be feeling sympathetic towards Hinata, while Neji is the bad guy for managing to gain the clan head's praise.

But perhaps that will come into play in the episode. All of the girls assume Hinata is depressed, but in reality she's happy that the Hyuuga clan's caste system is moving in a positive direction. Or maybe Neji will decline the position, and offer it to Hinata, who in turn will offer that they work together. It could potentially tie into
Hiashi's monologue to Hizashi later on regarding Neji and Hinata working side-by-side.

EDIT: Oops, I just remembered we're not supposed to have manga spoilers in this thread. I know it wasn't a huge spoiler, but it's probably better to put it in spoiler tags, just in case. Sorry about that. sweatdrop.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 28 September 2011 - 12:16 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#67 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 27 2011, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for this particular episode, the thing that actually bugs me the most is Neji's role. I mean seriously, Neji, a BRANCH family member, is being given a huge role in the upcoming war. This would be a huge achievement, and a great victory in perhaps the central theme of Neji's character: overcoming his destiny a branch family member. But, of course, we're supposed to be feeling sympathetic towards Hinata, while Neji is the bad guy for managing to gain the clan head's praise.

OOOOH NO, if they do that, then I'll have only two words for them for the rest of whatever they do in the future mellow.gif Wild guess as to what those two words are.

Neji would not deserve to be portrayed as a villain there, and if they do that (which I wouldn't put it past them to do so), I will have lost all respect for them.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#68 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 28 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
767 :メロン名無しさん:2011/09/27(火) 23:50:05.77 ID:???0
テレビステーション

6日「閉ざされた航路」
補給物資を持って、ナルトたちと合流したシカマル。すると、突然船が霧に包まれ、羅針盤が狂っ てしまう。

13日「木ノ葉の女子会」
日向一族の集会で、当主ヒアシは、宗家の嫡子ヒナタではなく、分家のネジを忍界大戦のまとめ役 に任命する。

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 28 2011, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ep 232 there goes my hopes for this to be a decent filler episode yep I won't watch it I had it with the mary sueing Hinata. I thought Pierot will give up after ep 166 but I was so wrong no thanks. sleep.gif

AND HERE I thought it would be a decent G.N.O. with Sakura thinking of Naruto in some small subtle manner dry.gif WHY DON'T EACH OF THOSE B***** MEMBERS AT PIERROT BUY A F****** HINATA POSTER AND MARRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif rawr.gif COMPLETE obsession with this minor moe girl that isn't even a focal point. facepalm.png Just go make your precious spin off series called "Hinata Heaven" and leave Naruto to COMPETENT writers. down.gif whos with me on this? mwahaha.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 September 2011 - 02:35 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#69 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:12 AM

-sigh- A Hinata episode just great not like we needed more of those.....

#70 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

New opening and ending start epidsode 231 just fyi

OP #10: "Newsong" by tacica (eps 231-)
ED #19: "Place to Try" by TOTALFAT (eps 231-)
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#71 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 28 2011, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dang. But oh well, I sort of thought we'd see something like this, since it seems like this Sea Voyage Arc is gonna drag on for a bit. I guess Hinata's a popular character, so it's a smart business move to give her extra screen-time in fillers, on top of the fact that I'm sure a lot of the writers are probably Hinata fans. Sakura and Ino appeared earlier in this filler arc, so I guess they're trying to balance it out by tailor-making an episode for Hinata.

I personally don't mind that we're gonna have to see more of Hinata, it's more just Naru/Hina fan-service that would bug me, or just seeing the anime team distort the characters from what we've seen in the manga. In the Konoha History Arc, they sort of gave Hinata her own episode (she was the 'damsel in distress', but the episode still kind of revolved around her), but I don't recall any N/H service in there. So even though N/H is a big part of Hinata's character, it's possible we'll see past that part of her.

But perhaps that will come into play in the episode. All of the girls assume Hinata is depressed, but in reality she's happy that the Hyuuga clan's caste system is moving in a positive direction. Or maybe Neji will decline the position, and offer it to Hinata, who in turn will offer that they work together. It could potentially tie into Hiashi's monologue to Hizashi later on regarding Neji and Hinata working side-by-side.

I agree. I think it's possible that this episode won't be as we expected, and instead turn out better than we expected. Of course, I'm not really raising my hopes too much, but if it has a positive development in Hinata's character and doesn't over-glorify her character like 166, I'll watch it. And moreover, if it ties into Hiashi's speech to his brother, then I'd definitely watch it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Kishi inserts that particular tidbit in canon later. If the episode's plot goes as you say it will, I won't mind watching it. I would be glad for once there's an episode of Hinata that doesn't glorify her and not tied into the NH wank stuff.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#72 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

I also think that the fact that Neji is placed in higher regard than Hinata is something far to major to occur in a simple filler, I mean is it really that hard to think of a concept for a filler. I mean the filler arc's in the pre-timeskip were a whole lot better.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#73 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Torxe @ Sep 28 2011, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also think that the fact that Neji is placed in higher regard than Hinata is something far to major to occur in a simple filler, I mean is it really that hard to think of a concept for a filler. I mean the filler arc's in the pre-timeskip were a whole lot better.

No they weren't, they were even more bloody awful- and remember that's where the rabid naruhina fans who rabidly hate Sakura got their messed up images of the characters.

The guys at Pierrot outright stated the fact that Hinata is their fantasy girl in a part 2 omake. Oh well, at least they had Naruto stating that with disgust and allied with Sakura- although they just had to throw in another character slam at Sakura in it by making her go ballistic. Sakura's never been the type that gives a rats behind about popularity- she just doesn't want to be treated badly, and strives to be her best for the benefit of her team mates and others, and dreams and works toward a romantic relationship with the person she loves... while Pierrot distorts her into this uber tsundere joke character and makes Naruto into an overly stupid character for laughs. Pierrot shows their hand waay to much that the only characters they really want to write are Sasuke and Hinata. Note how rarely Sasuke or Hinata are diminished for laughs by Pierrot, and note how often they glorified. Look as well at the current filler arc and how the majority of them play out a theme of revenge as a positive thing- the exact opposite of Kishimoto's message. They don't even get that.

I was hoping by the title that 233 might be back to canon adaption, but 234 sounds like it's something about Konohamaru so that would be a filler episode.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#74 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

And just like that I won't waste my time with N.S. (the anime not the pairing) anymore.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#75 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

Me a week ago:

Looks above, future filler.

*grabs lightsaber*

#76 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:47 PM

The dark side grows stronger with the more fillers they make. a_shifty.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#77 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (SakuraUzumaki417 @ Sep 28 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LMFAO!!!! You made me laugh so hard! I'm with you phantom!!! kitten! I'm just going to stop wathing the anime for the filler parts. I NEED TO KNOW THE ADDRES OF PERiOTS HEDQUATERS! I will literally send then a complaint 20 miles long regarding what the hell they have done to the characters and how it is causing turmoil and fanbase wars. True phantom, they need to kittening calm their hormones and see a doctor or make out with a picture of hinata. It's NOT fair what they are doing. Periot has become very irritating giving all the love to hinata, when other characters need it way more. As if these fillers weren't bad enough. rawr.gif Cut the crap periot.

You know one of these days, someone is going to actually do something like this and then that person might get stopped and be arrested for causing disturbance at a company building. I would love something like that to happen though, someone making a list of complaints. And seriously Pieriot, really? I thought these anime producers are suppose to be unbiased and that their only f'en job is to be give a tasteful context and recreation to a manga in anime form and nothing more.

Edited by Anguyen92, 28 September 2011 - 09:18 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users