#21 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Sep 23 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IIIIIIIIIIIIIII'LLLLLLLLLLLL be honest I pretty much just watched the preview of the next episode. Either they are trying(and failing)to make things funny or they're on desperation pills cause they've got NOTHIN GOOD

When it comes to fillers Pierot has nothing good on them.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#22 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

HEY what's up buddy?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#23 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Sep 23 2011, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anime filler team are all going like this to the viewers ohboy.png

More like giving us the finger.

Edit: And Phantom you have got to stop doing that in threads. Just warning you in case.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 24 September 2011 - 03:02 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#24 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 23 2011, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it comes to fillers Pierot has nothing good on them.

They're not all bad, it's just these auto-conclusive episode arcs that seem sort of trivial. I didn't mind the Sora Arc, and the Sanbi and Rokubi arcs were alright. And let's not forget the filler stuff they inserted into the Rasen-shuriken training arc, especially in episode 74 (Sakura contemplating her "changing feelings", thinking about Naruto supporting her, reflecting on Yamato's unfinished sentence, Naruto holding Sakura's notes over his heart, etc. happy.gif ).

Besides, the point of these filler episodes is just to be entertaining. If people watch these episodes every week, expecting the same quality as canon episodes, then of course you're going to be displeased. The key is not to expect too much watching it, then you can enjoy the few laughs spread throughout the episodes, and you can keep on watching amusing scenarios featuring the characters we've grown to love from the manga.

Anyways, my stance on fillers is that, if you don't like them, you don't have to watch them. But if you don't watch them, then you don't have really have a need to complain about them, since you're not watching them to begin with.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 24 September 2011 - 04:24 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#25 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 23 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're not all bad, it's just these auto-conclusive episode arcs that seem sort of trivial. I didn't mind the Sora Arc, and the Sanbi and Rokubi arcs were alright. And let's not forget the filler stuff they inserted into the Rasen-shuriken training arc, especially in episode 74 (Sakura contemplating her "changing feelings", thinking about Naruto supporting her, reflecting on Yamato's unfinished sentence, Naruto holding Sakura's notes over his heart, etc. happy.gif ).

Besides, the point of these filler episodes is just to be entertaining. If people watch these episodes every week, expecting the same quality as canon episodes, then of course you're going to be displeased. The key is not to expect too much watching it, then you can enjoy the few laughs spread throughout the episodes, and you can keep on watching amusing scenarios featuring the characters we've grown to love from the manga.

Well, I don't that mind that kind of stuff, because its one of those it gives some good meaningful contexts in the story that Kishi may have overlooked and did not add to the manga. And I hate the Sora Arc. I mean this dude has the nine-tails power as well and he just left and never to be seen again? WTF? Sorry about that, I just felt that the particular arc kinda feels useless in the long run as oppose to the bolded. Well, might as well, see how the whole clones take over the ship goes. Maybe this would be funny in an unintentional way.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#26 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Anguyen92 @ Sep 23 2011, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I hate the Sora Arc. I mean this dude has the nine-tails power as well and he just left and never to be seen again? WTF? Sorry about that, I just felt that the particular arc kinda feels useless in the long run as oppose to the bolded.

Yeah, the whole 'pseudo-Jinchuriki' thing was kind of silly, but I guess I enjoyed seeing Asuma and the 12 Ninja Guardians' history, and I thought the "two kings" concept was pretty interesting. To be honest, I never really understood how the political system in Naruto worked when they explained it in Part I, so I liked how that arc elaborated on it a little. Plus, there was a little bit of N/S fanservice as I recall, with Sakura getting visibly jealous when that one girl was kissing Naruto to death, and Naruto jumping in front of Sora's attack to protect Sakura (who I believe only ran onto the battlefield to protect Naruto herself happy.gif ).

On the topic of Sora never being seen again though, I wouldn't mind seeing a few of these filler characters appearing during the war, if they plan on doing fillers anyway. Something like Sora, Guren, Yuukimaru, Hotaru, and everyone else appearing over the course of a few episodes, fighting some random filler zombies, or just interacting with canon characters. Maybe they could have Madara trying to capture Sora to get the Kyuubi chakra out of him, but deciding that taking Kinkaku/Ginkaku would be easier. Or it might be an interesting development if Hotaru were to witness zombie Utakata in action, though I guess nothing would be able to come of it, since it's just filler. I think it could potentially be nice closure for the anime, since they never seem to kill off they're own OC's.

And I guess I'd prefer that to the inevitable Hinata fight the anime team's gonna try to squeeze into the war. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 24 September 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

Ha, for all we know, Kabuto would go and kill Guren, then use her as an ET zombie along with Zabuza and the KKG ET. I could see that happening in the anime.

If there is one or two characters that I want to see reappearing it would be Kosuke Maruboushi (that 50+ year old Genin), Hanare (gahhh, Kishi, you gotta make her canon!!!) and as you said, Hotaru. Hotaru and Hanare are the two I really wanna see since those two have the most potential for the story.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

The three tails arc and the six tails arc were passable the Sora arc was just bad I didn't like having another person with the Kyuubi's chakra and powers, it shows how "original" Pierot can be. rolleyes.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#29 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Sep 24 2011, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The three tails arc and the six tails arc were passable the Sora arc was just bad I didn't like having another person with the Kyuubi's chakra and powers, it shows how "original" Pierot can be. rolleyes.gif

Didn't stop Kishi pulling out the Kin/Gin bros. Who knows, Kishi might have taken that idea to them or it was the other way around.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#30 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Sep 24 2011, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More like giving us the finger.

Edit: And Phantom you have got to stop doing that in threads. Just warning you in case.

But I thought you could wait a while before you post again just not every few minutes or so

response: Oh I see but its just a greeting nothing off topic

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 September 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#31 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Sep 24 2011, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't stop Kishi pulling out the Kin/Gin bros. Who knows, Kishi might have taken that idea to them or it was the other way around.

That's interesting. I never thought about it, but it could definitely be the case that Kishi suggested the idea, or wrote the basic story for that arc.

To be honest, I'd really like to find out just how much control Kishi has over what goes on in the anime. Some fillers seem to fit fairly well into the canon storyline, while others just seem filled with plot holes. I've heard varying opinions on just how strict Japanese copyright laws are, but either way, I have a really tough time believing that Kishi has absolutely nothing to do with these filler stories. My guess is that Kishi might write a basic storyline for the arc, and then leave the anime team to their own designs while he goes back to working on the manga. We occasionally see things in the anime fillers and movies that later appear in the manga (Ameyuri Ringo's Kiba swords, Gari, and Pakura being a few recent examples), so I think there's a good chance Kishi has some interaction with the anime team.

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Sep 24 2011, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I thought you could wait a while before you post again just not every few minutes or so

I think he more meant the content of your post. Making a comment that has nothing to do with the topic of conversation might be seen as trolling to some of the moderators. At the very least, it might threaten to take the conversation off-topic, so it might be a good idea to avoid making posts that appear to be more suited for a chatroom or just a simple IM.

But I guess I'm not sure what the mods' stance is on that. I just know that it's probably better to avoid off-topic posts (even though I'm probably prone to them too tongue.gif).

Edited by Boom...Winning, 24 September 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#32 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

I'll be honest: as soon as I saw the name "Sora" in a Naruto episode summary, I skipped it. I won't waste any more of my time by watching Pierot shove in unnecessary filler characters into important events.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 24 September 2011 - 09:05 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#33 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Sep 23 2011, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
=====> Where's the shrooms!?

How long did it take you to think of that haha. biggrin.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#34 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 24 2011, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's interesting. I never thought about it, but it could definitely be the case that Kishi suggested the idea, or wrote the basic story for that arc.

To be honest, I'd really like to find out just how much control Kishi has over what goes on in the anime. Some fillers seem to fit fairly well into the canon storyline, while others just seem filled with plot holes. I've heard varying opinions on just how strict Japanese copyright laws are, but either way, I have a really tough time believing that Kishi has absolutely nothing to do with these filler stories.

He has nothing to do with them. Unless it's specifically stated by press releases and/or credits, mangaka have no connection to any anime adaption of their manga. This is why you get so many stories of unhappy manga creators in connection to anime adaptions. Here's a list of ones I know that have overtly talked about their disappointment in anime adaptions:

Naoko Takeuchi- very bluntly- with nastiness thrown in from publishing company too boot
CLAMP
Yuu Watase
Nobuhiro Watsuki
Mayu Shinjou- probably the worst story, with what sounds strongly like contract violations...

Many others have made subtle references, including a hint of it from Kishimoto himself....

I think you might have a misunderstanding on how anime adaptions happen Boom. What happens is

1) Mangaka creates successful series in a manga zassi (magazine). Mangaka, while writing series shares story rights with the publishing company, once the series ends all rights revert to the mangaka, including the rights to publish elsewhere and sell adaption rights to an anime company

2) Anime company approaches publisher and mangaka with an offer to buy the rights to an anime adaption. (this was violated in Mayu Shinjou's case, she wasn't consulted, much less given a contract, etc... She found out on an entertainment show that one of her manga had been adapted to anime!)

3) Publisher and mangaka sign contract with anime company- now, rights are shared three ways- anime company, publisher and mangaka.

4) Not always, but relatively often, anime company consults with mangaka and publishing company with details about canon characters and plotlines. Fairly often mangaka get a say in who will be the seiyuu (voice actors) for the main characters, and might get to sit in on a recording session or sent a vocal tape clip of the actors. Otherwise they have no involvement in any part of the adaption, unless- on quite rare occasions, they are asked to. There are also a few cases where a powerful and popular mangaka was able to make a request to have scriptwriting consultation on a movie or movies. They don't have the time or nor is it considered proper to do so for a weekly TV adaption. A studio might ask if the mangaka would like to be a scriptwriting consultant for an arc, if they are nice.... But if the mangaka does, there is either some kind of press release about it and/or script consulting credit onscreen, if the mangaka wants it known. (Note, this was done for Shippuden movie 3 and 5, and also the 1 shot short OVA given away by the T-shirt company) What this involves is script consultation for canon characters. Filler characters are owned by the anime company and their stories are written by the studio writers. For Kishimoto to step in enough to ask to do script consulting for movie 3 and 5 and ask for a non Studio Pierrot writer for the canon character direction on movie 5 is just about the strongest message Kishimoto can make without going overtly public that he has strong dislike for the filler story work and distortions of story canon.

When a mangaka goes public about their unhappiness with an anime adaption it often causes anime companies to be rather reluctant to adapt any other series by them. CLAMP is about the only one who didn't get a backlash- but those four ladies know how to play tough in the right way and also get their fans to make lots of noise... They learned from the debacle of the X-1999 and Rayearth OVA anime adaptions to make unusually strong contract rights for themselves, and have basically created their own empire- This is extremely rare.

Edited by ciardha, 24 September 2011 - 11:04 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#35 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

Thanks for clarifying that ciardha. I guess I didn't quite understand how the process worked, and didn't know there were so many cases of mangaka being disappointed in their manga's anime adaptation. I guess I'm a bit of newbie on the subject, since I don't really read/watch a whole lot of manga/anime, but I guess my thoughts were flavored by the few anime I have watched. I've heard that Hiromu Arakawa had a pretty active role as a consultant, or something in that vein, in the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime, but then actively stepped down so she could focus on the manga. And of course, as a Bleach fan, I've heard all sorts of rumors about Kubo writing stories for off-canon material (at the very least, I know he wrote the storylines and designed some original characters for The Third Phantom and Shattered Blade video games). But, from what you've said, it looks like it's not a very common occurence for the mangaka to be so involved.

Though, with how some of the material in the Naruto anime seems to reappear in the manga, I think there might be a chance Kishi offers/uses ideas to/from the anime. Like Codus said, the pseudo-Jinchuriki idea seems pretty similar in the case of Sora and the Kin/Gin brothers. Plus, the twin swords that Ringo use look very similar, if not the same, as the twin lightning blades that Raiga Kurosuki used way back in the Part I fillers.
There's also Gari and Pakura, but I guess that might be proof that Kishi helped in that particular movie, and not necessarily in the anime. Although I do like the 'coincidence' that Kishi seems to involved in something that had so much N/S in it. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 24 September 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#36 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Sep 24 2011, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He has nothing to do with them. Unless it's specifically stated by press releases and/or credits, mangaka have no connection to any anime adaption of their manga. This is why you get so many stories of unhappy manga creators in connection to anime adaptions. Here's a list of ones I know that have overtly talked about their disappointment in anime adaptions:

Naoko Takeuchi- very bluntly- with nastiness thrown in from publishing company too boot
CLAMP
Yuu Watase
Nobuhiro Watsuki
Mayu Shinjou- probably the worst story, with what sounds strongly like contract violations...

Many others have made subtle references, including a hint of it from Kishimoto himself....

I think you might have a misunderstanding on how anime adaptions happen Boom. What happens is

1) Mangaka creates successful series in a manga zassi (magazine). Mangaka, while writing series shares story rights with the publishing company, once the series ends all rights revert to the mangaka, including the rights to publish elsewhere and sell adaption rights to an anime company

2) Anime company approaches publisher and mangaka with an offer to buy the rights to an anime adaption. (this was violated in Mayu Shinjou's case, she wasn't consulted, much less given a contract, etc... She found out on an entertainment show that one of her manga had been adapted to anime!)

3) Publisher and mangaka sign contract with anime company- now, rights are shared three ways- anime company, publisher and mangaka.

4) Not always, but relatively often, anime company consults with mangaka and publishing company with details about canon characters and plotlines. Fairly often mangaka get a say in who will be the seiyuu (voice actors) for the main characters, and might get to sit in on a recording session or sent a vocal tape clip of the actors. Otherwise they have no involvement in any part of the adaption, unless- on quite rare occasions, they are asked to. There are also a few cases where a powerful and popular mangaka was able to make a request to have scriptwriting consultation on a movie or movies. They don't have the time or nor is it considered proper to do so for a weekly TV adaption. A studio might ask if the mangaka would like to be a scriptwriting consultant for an arc, if they are nice.... But if the mangaka does, there is either some kind of press release about it and/or script consulting credit onscreen, if the mangaka wants it known. (Note, this was done for Shippuden movie 3 and 5, and also the 1 shot short OVA given away by the T-shirt company) What this involves is script consultation for canon characters. Filler characters are owned by the anime company and their stories are written by the studio writers. For Kishimoto to step in enough to ask to do script consulting for movie 3 and 5 and ask for a non Studio Pierrot writer for the canon character direction on movie 5 is just about the strongest message Kishimoto can make without going overtly public that he has strong dislike for the filler story work and distortions of story canon.

When a mangaka goes public about their unhappiness with an anime adaption it often causes anime companies to be rather reluctant to adapt any other series by them. CLAMP is about the only one who didn't get a backlash- but those four ladies know how to play tough in the right way and also get their fans to make lots of noise... They learned from the debacle of the X-1999 and Rayearth OVA anime adaptions to make unusually strong contract rights for themselves, and have basically created their own empire- This is extremely rare.

I HAD a feeling since there's such deviance from the manga to the anime dry.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 September 2011 - 05:33 AM.

#37 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

i kinda wish, naruto will do a FMA brotherhood thing where they made the same series expect its more close to the manga........

but naruto is soooo lonnng.......well maybe not as long without the fillers... headscratch.gif

i can only wish...

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:37 PM

They could only do that with Brotherhood because It was nearing It's conclusion anyway Naruto nowhere CLOSE to it's ending as of yet but I agree They need LESS fillers but again They only do so the don't get ahead of the manga else they either make up their own story ending and I DREAD they'll slap NH on the table like the Hinata worshippers that THEY ARE(seriously? giving HER a BUNNY outfit? That made no sense!) or twiddle their thumbs and pull an Inuyasha(anime)

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 September 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#39 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

No Naruto could never do a FMA Brotherhood. Like the other Big 3, its a long series where they will add fillers once they catch up with the recent chapter. Shorter series like Soul Eater could do it since the anime went a different direction halfway through just like the FMA anime. I'm hoping they would redo the series after the manga ends.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#40 Amy-chan

Amy-chan

Blonde Gamer

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Animals

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

Yeah I agree Naruto cant do something like Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood seeing how its short and Naruto is a long manga.

Edited by Amy-chan, 25 September 2011 - 03:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users