• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#21 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 28 2011, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really wasn't that bad of an episode. There were enjoyable parts to it. It's really getting annoying for me to see that people are skipping entire episodes simply due to fandom issues. It's still naruto and it's still the main storyline. People are now so easily getting upset about minor changes/additions to the manga. I mean, the anime has to do that in the first place. We're all getting way to biased and taking simple unrelated moments far too seriously. Just enjoy watching the main storyline for once /doneranting

No no no you got me wrong, I normaly dont even watch the anime, its not like im skipping episodes due to fandom. I understand were your coming from, the anime did get me into the manga but that was during part one. I dont watch the anime that much, you didnt really have to right that whole thing. And with the whole anime adding new things, I know they have to do that because of how long episodes have to be.

Edited by Fyuria'sLeo, 28 July 2011 - 06:21 PM.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#22 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 28 2011, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll agree with you there. Those times do tend to annoy me and I usually do end up skipping them entirely. But I'm pretty sure this is all filler, Kishi jumped straight to Naruto landing on the island with only a slip second moment with the boat. The fillers entirely about their boatride. Of course, if the war preparation gets mixed in, you never know then

If you watch the preview for ep. 223, you'll see Naruto getting ready to set off, accompanied by Guy, Yamato and Aoba; oh and there's this new sailor guy. The titles for the next 4 eps. are:

223 - "The Young Man and the Sea"
224 - "The Merchant Ninja of Venice"
225 - "The Cursed Ghost Ship"
226 - "Battleship Island"

..so.. yeah... sounds like a semi-canon filler. Seems like they will meet Bee somewhere between ep. 224-225. in ep. 226 they will reach a turtle-island (end of fillers?). I still dunno why Pierrot had to put a filler eps. But, well... maybe they will turn out pretty good? biggrin.gif

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

I won't bother watching the fillers because Pierot always make Naruto into a complete idiot way more than manga canon.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't mind the whole Sakura questioning who she would save thing. To me, it fits her character, and adds a realistic touch to the real world scenario of things. Plus, her outright declaring she would save Naruto first (if she did) in non-canon material wouldn't be too eventful would it? tongue.gif
OTP and my Bby

#25 creak

creak

Lurker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, indie rock, cigerettes, and coffee

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

so did anyone notice that tsunade told naruto "we're on the verge of war!"? that clearly contradicts the manga, in which everyone went to great lengths to keep naruto in the dark about the war dry.gif
"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved." Søren Kierkegaard

#26 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (creak @ Jul 28 2011, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so did anyone notice that tsunade told naruto "we're on the verge of war!"? that clearly contradicts the manga, in which everyone went to great lengths to keep naruto in the dark about the war dry.gif

Yeah, I noticed this too!
I wonder how Kishimoto reacts to all the blunders in the anime. mellow.gif

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE FREAKING TARNISH SAKURA'S CHARACTER THING....dry.gif okay guys I know this is frustrating it's the reason Sakura is getting bashed in the first place her indecisive like character portrayed in the anime but to be honest her feelings are ambiguous in the manga too, YES she proves that she loves Naruto countless times in the manga but her feelings for Sasuke are so messed up she doesn't know what to feel for him anymore that is represented by her thinking of him in 540 remember? even though I hate that chapter because it re-sparks SS and I'll be honest I want her thinking about Naruto more because She definitely has strong feelings for him, its not like her former crush has disappeared. Its impossible to say what her feelings are but for now we know for sure Naruto is most important her. Sasuke is harder to tell but they DO NOT make a good couple I tell you! we need some pure HARD evidence Sakura loves Naruto and Sasuke is not who she considers her interest anymore at least as a potential boyfriend or husband THAT'S what's ruffling us up right now there's no solid evidence yet Sakura is over Sasuke romantically ALSO proven by those flipping editors at Narutopedia O_O

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 August 2011 - 05:21 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Jul 28 2011, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"which one will i save first?"...WHAT DO YOU THINK SAKURA!? i mean anime sakura...cause the manga sakura wouldn't ask such stupid questions!! but...its all okay...im calm...

Exactly.

manga canon Sakura- you know, what the anime should be writing, figured that out a LOOONNNGG time ago- in part 1 in fact. Waaay back in the Forest of Death in fact, before Sasuke went psycho evil, manga canon Sakura didn't even think of a who it would be. she guarded, cared for, and worried about both boys equally- Duh! In part two even more DUH! Let's see, when she met up with Sasuke intending to kill him, did she attempt to heal his injuries? Uh no. When Sasuke started bleeding from his eyes did she try to heal him? Uh no. Did she express any concern whatsoever over Sasuke's injuries- Uh no. But what happened when Naruto started foaming at the mouth and passed out- she freaked, then she healed him.

And seriously, it definitely wasn't the team that did the one shot OVA that came out at the beginning of this year- that Kishimoto apparently, like Shippuden movie 3, had some script consultation. Right there- She's not paying any attention to Sasuke, her attention is all on Naruto, who she thinks is dead. She cries over Naruto, then is overjoyed when he is alive. Again absolutely zero notice of Sasuke and his injuries- which we see him staggering away with.

There's one team that follows manga canon, and works their fillers to fit in with it and Naruto and Sakura's personalities, then there is the other team. And even having Sakura have those reactions to the photos was excessive. Sakura has been a medicnin for years now, she's seen lots of gore, having her react like a intern on their first day.... In manga canon Sakura would have reacted calmly and sadly, not shreiked and almost thrown up.

It's this undermining of Naruto's and especially Sakura's characters from what Kishimoto writes in manga canon that creates and adds to negative fandom opinions of the characters.

Edited by ciardha, 28 July 2011 - 08:54 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#29 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 28 2011, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly.

manga canon Sakura- you know, what the anime should be writing, figured that out a LOOONNNGG time ago- in part 1 in fact. Waaay back in the Forest of Death in fact, before Sasuke went psycho evil, manga canon Sakura didn't even think of a who it would be. she guarded, cared for, and worried about both boys equally- Duh! In part two even more DUH! Let's see, when she met up with Sasuke intending to kill him, did she attempt to heal his injuries? Uh no. When Sasuke started bleeding from his eyes did she try to heal him? Uh no. Did she express any concern whatsoever over Sasuke's injuries- Uh no. But what happened when Naruto started foaming at the mouth and passed out- she freaked, then she healed him.

And seriously, it definitely wasn't the team that did the one shot OVA that came out at the beginning of this year- that Kishimoto apparently, like Shippuden movie 3, had some script consultation. Right there- She's not paying any attention to Sasuke, her attention is all on Naruto, who she thinks is dead. She cries over Naruto, then is overjoyed when he is alive. Again absolutely zero notice of Sasuke and his injuries- which we see him staggering away with.

There's one team that follows manga canon, and works their fillers to fit in with it and Naruto and Sakura's personalities, then there is the other team. And even having Sakura have those reactions to the photos was excessive. Sakura has been a medicnin for years now, she's seen lots of gore, having her react like a intern on their first day.... In manga canon Sakura would have reacted calmly and sadly, not shreiked and almost thrown up.

It's this undermining of Naruto's and especially Sakura's characters from what Kishimoto writes in manga canon that creates and adds to negative fandom opinions of the characters.

You tell them ciardha it's not us the ones being biased about this but the Pierot team who keeps playing favorites and diminishing Naruto and Sakura's character in a negative light, THEY are the ones being biased. They know very well who's going to be the main canon pairing since part 1 because Kishimoto can't show it more obvious than he already had with all of the development done to NS, this team of Pierot are part of the reason why so many western fans think NH and SS are the pairings and why Sakura keeps getting bash along with sites like Narutopedia. I support the good Pierot team who follows Kishi's manga they should fire the biased team. down.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#30 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

From everything in this episodes, I liked the moments with Chouji and Shikamaru and Bee...Like I said in the A-SS FC in NF, the anime team just threw a bone for the SS fans and Sakura haters. At least Hinata won't be appearing in this filler arc rolleyes.gif .
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#31 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

My reaction to this episode:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#32 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

Well, everyone's covering the negatives of this episode pretty well, so I'll try and discuss the things I liked about this episode.
  • The flashback with Jiraiya wasn't bad (though I have to say, I did expect more reflection on him hurting Sakura in KN4 state, but it was only a panel in the manga, so a sentence in the anime is exactly the same - can't really complain there ; especially when Hinata got the same treatment and some of us, including myself, were wary that that particular recollection would be blown out of proportion).
  • That we got to see a bit of Naruto and Sakura interaction (Sakura being worried over Naruto gone missing).
  • Bee's interactions with Omoi and Karui (I was incredibly amused).

On a side note, I do feel that Sakura's reaction to the pictures were out of character ; they even have a scene in the anime from the Pein invasion arc where she is literally standing in front of a pile of bodies in rubble and she remains calm and in control.

Edited by Paptala, 28 July 2011 - 11:54 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#33 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

[Looks at Paptala's sig]

Yep, I think we can all agree that LadyGT should do the fillers/canon animation, lol.

#34 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

Okay, I finally got around to watching the episode. I guess I don't need to put stuff in spoilers anymore, but I prefer to keep my long-winded thoughts organized, LOL. Brace yourself, it's a doozy.
Boom...Thoughts --Click here to view--
I thought it was a pretty good set. The first episode was basically canon (other than that extended Jiraiya scene), only with a lot of flashbacks. It was funny seeing Naruto swallow that scroll toad (I forgot his name already). I also enjoyed seeing them show the Akatsuki resurrection and that Madara/Kabuto interaction. That's an important scene, considering it's a major loose end in the current plot. Also, Kabuto's robe is red? Hmm, whatever, it just sort of surprised me.

As for the second episode, I thought it was alright. It was like 30% canon, 70% filler, but most of the filler material was amusing or interesting, in my opinion. I loved the extra NS interaction. It was funny seeing Sakura drag him out of the ramen shop by his ear. Poor guy never gets his ramen. Hee hee, he's gonna be so whipped when they get married (not that we didn't know that already wink.gif ).
The scene where Sakura was talking to that med-nin was a little off, but nothing to get supremely upset about. Excessive blood and gore is something no one really gets used to. My mom's a nurse, and she still cringes when she accidentally steps in on a gory movie, despite having seen way worse at the hospital. Besides, I prefer an emotional Sakura who reacts to that sort of thing over one who's been de-sensitized to blood and gore at such a young age. It adds a layer of realism to her character.

Now, the "Which boy will I save" part (*groan* I hate that a Rebecca Black lyric just popped into my head. *beats head repeatedly against desk*). I mentioned it earlier, but the average anime viewer probably doesn't interpret the whole romantic subplot the way a lot of us do. To be honest, I still think Sakura has to overcome her unhealthy feelings for Sasuke, no matter how small they are, before the end of the manga. So, in that context, that scene was a good thing for us. Sakura's putting her feelings for Naruto and Sasuke, who we know she was in love with at one point, on the same level. I know, it's annoying that she'd even consider saving a guy who tried to kill her before Naruto, but whatever. Looking at her face before she tried to kill him, and Kakashi's words to her afterwords, it's obvious she still cares about Sasuke, romantic or no. It's the same as the filler they added where Sakura contemplates, "Sasuke would have killed me had Naruto not shown up when he did". It's an inner reflection, and adds a layer of depth to Sakura's character, something the manga hasn't really done too much of lately. It's pretty obvious who she'd save, so I don't know why some people are so upset about it. To be honest, I always envisioned the apparent shipping issues being resolved with something like that, with Sakura running past Sasuke in a 'slow-motion panel' in order to heal the man she truly cares about happy.gif .

Finally, I loved the little concert thing in Kumo. It's not often I literally LOL at the anime anymore, so I was glad to see something like that. Also, did anyone notice the poster behind Omoi and Karui in the theater entrance? It looks like Blood Prison is going to be released in Kumo, LOL.
So all in all, I enjoyed both episodes. Really, I'm getting sort of tired of people complaining about these anime episodes every week, just because they decide to show an extra minute of Hinata or do something even remotely SasuSaku. All it does is flesh out characters in slightly different ways, it doesn't change Kishi's endgame. Really, I agree with Codus N, a lot of you have to take off the dang 'shipping goggles' when you watch these episodes. It seems ridiculous to complain about the entire episode because of one or two scenes. Seriously, it's chapter 540 all over again.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 28 2011, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I won't bother watching the fillers because Pierot always make Naruto into a complete idiot way more than manga canon.

Really, even worse than jumping at a giant octopus? Or this? Come on, when it's played for comedy, he's always an idiot. It's why the character's so endearing.

Whoo..I don't think I've ever written a post this long. I hope I'm not just annoying everyone with my long-windedness. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 29 July 2011 - 03:35 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#35 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

^ i agree naruto has always been a idiot. besides its not like hes never serious in the fillers biggrin.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#36 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jul 29 2011, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, I finally got around to watching the episode. I guess I don't need to put stuff in spoilers anymore, but I prefer to keep my long-winded thoughts organized, LOL. Brace yourself, it's a doozy.
Boom...Thoughts --Click here to view--
I thought it was a pretty good set. The first episode was basically canon (other than that extended Jiraiya scene), only with a lot of flashbacks. It was funny seeing Naruto swallow that scroll toad (I forgot his name already). I also enjoyed seeing them show the Akatsuki resurrection and that Madara/Kabuto interaction. That's an important scene, considering it's a major loose end in the current plot. Also, Kabuto's robe is red? Hmm, whatever, it just sort of surprised me.

As for the second episode, I thought it was alright. It was like 30% canon, 70% filler, but most of the filler material was amusing or interesting, in my opinion. I loved the extra NS interaction. It was funny seeing Sakura drag him out of the ramen shop by his ear. Poor guy never gets his ramen. Hee hee, he's gonna be so whipped when they get married (not that we didn't know that already wink.gif ).
The scene where Sakura was talking to that med-nin was a little off, but nothing to get supremely upset about. Excessive blood and gore is something no one really gets used to. My mom's a nurse, and she still cringes when she accidentally steps in on a gory movie, despite having seen way worse at the hospital. Besides, I prefer an emotional Sakura who reacts to that sort of thing over one who's been de-sensitized to blood and gore at such a young age. It adds a layer of realism to her character.

Now, the "Which boy will I save" part (*groan* I hate that a Rebecca Black lyric just popped into my head. *beats head repeatedly against desk*). I mentioned it earlier, but the average anime viewer probably doesn't interpret the whole romantic subplot the way a lot of us do. To be honest, I still think Sakura has to overcome her unhealthy feelings for Sasuke, no matter how small they are, before the end of the manga. So, in that context, that scene was a good thing for us. Sakura's putting her feelings for Naruto and Sasuke, who we know she was in love with at one point, on the same level. I know, it's annoying that she'd even consider saving a guy who tried to kill her before Naruto, but whatever. Looking at her face before she tried to kill him, and Kakashi's words to her afterwords, it's obvious she still cares about Sasuke, romantic or no. It's the same as the filler they added where Sakura contemplates, "Sasuke would have killed me had Naruto not shown up when he did". It's an inner reflection, and adds a layer of depth to Sakura's character, something the manga hasn't really done too much of lately. It's pretty obvious who she'd save, so I don't know why some people are so upset about it. To be honest, I always envisioned the apparent shipping issues being resolved with something like that, with Sakura running past Sasuke in a 'slow-motion panel' in order to heal the man she truly cares about happy.gif .

Finally, I loved the little concert thing in Kumo. It's not often I literally LOL at the anime anymore, so I was glad to see something like that. Also, did anyone notice the poster behind Omoi and Karui in the theater entrance? It looks like Blood Prison is going to be released in Kumo, LOL.
So all in all, I enjoyed both episodes. Really, I'm getting sort of tired of people complaining about these anime episodes every week, just because they decide to show an extra minute of Hinata or do something even remotely SasuSaku. All it does is flesh out characters in slightly different ways, it doesn't change Kishi's endgame. Really, I agree with Codus N, a lot of you have to take off the dang 'shipping goggles' when you watch these episodes. It seems ridiculous to complain about the entire episode because of one or two scenes. Seriously, it's chapter 540 all over again.

Really, even worse than jumping at a giant octopus? Or this? Come on, when it's played for comedy, he's always an idiot. It's why the character's so endearing.

Whoo..I don't think I've ever written a post this long. I hope I'm not just annoying everyone with my long-windedness. tongue.gif

Yup. That's pretty much about it. And Sakura's reaction with the past victims of the previous wars were definitely in-character and realistic too. Remember this chapter??

You can see that the war was taking a pretty good toll on Sakura's mental strain.

I also agree with your notion, Boom, in that the anime simply helps flesh out characters in different ways and I enjoy that sort of stuff. Of course, sometimes they suck hard at it. (particularly with 2 characters) If you ask me, Sakura's development by the anime team seems to be decent enough. There are times when they downright undermine her character but this episode isn't one of them. (of course, you need to take off those shipping glasses first)

EDIT: I'll add something else as well. Did anybody forget the bell test waaaaayyyy back in Part I?? that big question with Sakura has been foreshadowed ever since that bell test. She will have to choose only one of them in the end. It's been one of the things Kishi needs to have Sakura wrap up.

Edited by Codus N, 29 July 2011 - 07:12 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#37 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jul 28 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup. That's pretty much about it. And Sakura's reaction with the past victims of the previous wars were definitely in-character and realistic too. Remember this chapter??

You can see that the war was taking a pretty good toll on Sakura's mental strain.

I also agree with your notion, Boom, in that the anime simply helps flesh out characters in different ways and I enjoy that sort of stuff. Of course, sometimes they suck hard at it. (particularly with 2 characters) If you ask me, Sakura's development by the anime team seems to be decent enough. There are times when they downright undermine her character but this episode isn't one of them. (of course, you need to take off those shipping glasses first)

EDIT: I'll add something else as well. Did anybody forget the bell test waaaaayyyy back in Part I?? that big question with Sakura has been foreshadowed ever since that bell test. She will have to choose only one of them in the end. It's been one of the things Kishi needs to have Sakura wrap up.

Codus I have to disagree with you. Sakura has been a medic for three years, by now she must be used to the sight of blood and gore, sorry but that part of her almost puking to those dead body pictures she's OC. During the Pain arc she was surrounded by dead bodies and remained calm she didn't threw up her brain the Pierot team who made this episode are obviously the biased ones who are not following Kishimoto's manga, who diminish Naruto and Sakura's character and the ones who play favorites with Hinata and Sasuke.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#38 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 29 2011, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Codus I have to disagree with you. Sakura has been a medic for three years, by now she must be used to the sight of blood and gore, sorry but that part of her almost puking to those dead body pictures she's OC. During the Pain arc she was surrounded by dead bodies and remained calm she didn't threw up her brain the Pierot team who made this episode are obviously the biased ones who are not following Kishimoto's manga, who diminish Naruto and Sakura's character and the ones who play favorites with Hinata and Sasuke.

I agree with you here: in one of the latest chapters Sakura and Shizune operate gross!zetsu: from what I know, surgeons cut out some internal organs/benign or malignant tumours, etc. It's pretty bloody and unpleasant work, but we see that Sakura doesn't mind that - she doesn't faint/throw up, and doing her job well. So, yeah, Pierrot definitely diminished Sakura's character in this ep.

Edited by Kagura, 29 July 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#39 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Jul 29 2011, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TRRRRRRRUUUUUEEEE, but its not really a foreshadowing, it meant she just did not think of Naruto enough as a teammate or a friend it doesn't mean she needs to pick one Kakashi was only criticizing their lack of teamwork mellow.gif

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 29 2011, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WELL they could be gorier than what she's seen so far maybe but generally yes a medic shouldn't panic at something like that They are REALLY making Sakura seem weak which she's not dry.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 July 2011 - 01:28 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#40 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 29 2011, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree. it looks like you haven't been paying attention to the manga and its messages. Remember, the messages of the manga is also about how terrible war is. In the manga, it was repeated over and over that war is on a whole different level and scale than what the Konoha 11 has faced. What the episode did here was simply convey that message correctly. Sure, Sakura may have seen some bad stuffs as a medic-nin but that's nothing compared to victims of war. What the anime did here, was to show Sakura the things she would never think she would have to see and to me, the reaction was excellent. It's completely in line with the message that Kishi was trying to get through.

Manga spoilers --Click here to view--
Need I remind you about Nawaki?? Tsunade's little brother?? he was severed in half (although off-screened dry.gif ) and Obito?? and this guy?? or these poor saps??

That's exactly what Sakura is going to deal with. It was nothing like we've seen before, and there are many jutsus out there that could do a lot of gruesome stuffs compared to what Sakura has seen before.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users