• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

It's out :

http://www.narutoget...english-subbed/

Quick Thoughts --Click here to view--
Don't have much time, but the thing that struck me the most was the added line of thought with Sakura :
"If Naruto and Sasuke are seriously wounded...which will I save first?"

I'm not even sure what to make of that line.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#2 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jul 28 2011, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's out :

Don't have much time, but the thing that struck me the most was the added line of thought with Sakura :

Hmmm, hadn't seen the episode yet. but that's a pretty heavy thought, and that's been pretty much been her character plot since this whole thing started.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#3 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

There we go again, the anime team kitten*n* things up by adding unnecessary lines, now we need to make sure if that's the right translation, regardless, I won't waste my time watching the anime, wich I couldn't care less, really.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#4 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

Dear God making Sakura think that question shows once again how biased Pierot really is they are downgrading her character as always. In Kishimoto's canon manga she will obviously save Naruto first, what the heck has Sasuke done for her??? besides causing her pain, suffering, misery, heartbreak and tried to kill her twice in a row??? It's a no brainer she cares more for Naruto than him.

Edited by Gravenimage, 28 July 2011 - 02:06 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#5 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jul 28 2011, 08:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's out :

I haven't seen the episode yet, so maybe I'm not entitled to say much on it. But that line seems like kind of a big deal.
From how the anime seems to portray the Team 7 relationship, Sakura seems to be still hung up on Sasuke. Based on chapter 540, I think it's fair to say a lot of manga readers have that same impression (I don't want to start that argument again, but that's what it seems like at first glance). So, by saying that, it seems to me like they're trying to show her feelings for Sasuke and Naruto in the same light. And since, at least at one point in time, she was in love with Sasuke, it seems pretty obvious what they're implying with that.
Obviously I'd rather have them show that she's 100% over Sasuke. But since that hasn't been completely confirmed in the manga (I'm playing devil's advocate with this one, but I don't think Kishi would have bothered with that 540 panel otherwise), I think this is the next best thing.
Besides, considering that Naruto's the main character, and I assume Kishi wants to make Sakura the heroine, I think it's pretty obvious who she'd choose, if that scenario came to pass. So really, the line's more of a reflective moment than negative foreshadowing.

But I guess I'm basing this whole opinion on Paptala's post, so I might change my mind when I see the episode. I guess I have a bad tendency to defend the anime, even when it's probably not due. tongue.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 28 July 2011 - 02:18 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#6 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

...more fillers ahead? You've got to be kiddin' me. Pierrot employees should spend more time improving their animation/storytelling skills, not destroying character's images/kittening up the original story. No wonder that a lot of mangakas nowadays refuse to turn their works into anime.
(though I have to say that that added scene with Bee's upcoming concert was awesome. it was an omake, right? or... a semi-filler?)

Edited by Kagura, 28 July 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#7 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Kagura @ Jul 28 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...more fillers ahead? You've got to be kiddin' me. Pierrot employees should spend more time improving their animation/storytelling skills, not destroying character's images/kittening up the original story. No wonder that a lot of mangakas nowadays refuse to turn their works into anime.
(though I have to say that that added scene with Bee's upcoming concert was awesome. it was an omake, right? or... a semi-filler?)

No, this is actually the best time for a fillar arc. This will probably be the only point in the rest of the manga for such an arc to come in. The anime is really catching up now since I can clearly remember when this episode was still manga. What they're doing makes sense and I have nothing against it.

#8 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Jul 28 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was so incredibly off. They really don't pay attention to what Kishimoto writes in the manga at all about Sakura. At least this team...

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 28 2011, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was so incredibly off. They really don't pay attention to what Kishimoto writes in the manga at all about Sakura. At least this team...

There's the side of Pierot who plays favorites and likes giving fan service along with downgrading Naruto and Sakura's character. And there's the good side of the studio which is the NS side and the ones who are following Kishimoto's manga.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jul 28 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't seen the episode yet, so maybe I'm not entitled to say much on it. But that line seems like kind of a big deal.
From how the anime seems to portray the Team 7 relationship, Sakura seems to be still hung up on Sasuke. Based on chapter 540, I think it's fair to say a lot of manga readers have that same impression (I don't want to start that argument again, but that's what it seems like at first glance). So, by saying that, it seems to me like they're trying to show her feelings for Sasuke and Naruto in the same light. And since, at least at one point in time, she was in love with Sasuke, it seems pretty obvious what they're implying with that.
Obviously I'd rather have them show that she's 100% over Sasuke. But since that hasn't been completely confirmed in the manga (I'm playing devil's advocate with this one, but I don't think Kishi would have bothered with that 540 panel otherwise), I think this is the next best thing.
Besides, considering that Naruto's the main character, and I assume Kishi wants to make Sakura the heroine, I think it's pretty obvious who she'd choose, if that scenario came to pass. So really, the line's more of a reflective moment than negative foreshadowing.

But I guess I'm basing this whole opinion on Paptala's post, so I might change my mind when I see the episode. I guess I have a bad tendency to defend the anime, even when it's probably not due. tongue.gif

I agree. That line looked more like a reflective moment to me instead of negative characterization on Sakura. Her character has pretty much been built around that huge question. Which one will she choose? and it's pretty much been foreshadowed from the beginning of Part I. All the way back to the bell test.

@ciardha: while I respect your opinions, but these days now that I've taken off my shipping goggles and see things the way it is, your opinions have, as of lately become negative and very annoying. IMO, the Anime team that did this episode characterized Sakura properly here. Stop accusing the anime all the time of doing things wrong, just because it doesn't follow your views, doesn't mean you have to b*tch about it. If you just took off that shipping goggles of yours, you'd see that this was more of a reflective moment for Sakura. In fact, I don't see this as negative, I see this as a positive moment. It deepens Sakura's character.

On another note, Ei saying that he had considered from the beginning about Naruto controlling Kyuubi was pretty impressive to me. It seemed as if he wanted to see if Naruto could become as great as his father and mother. That's why he's handing out that once-in-a-lifetime chance to Naruto.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#11 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Well seeing by everyones reactions, looks like im not watching this episode either,ugh they should focus more on the manga.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#12 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

"which one will i save first?"...WHAT DO YOU THINK SAKURA!? i mean anime sakura...cause the manga sakura wouldn't ask such stupid questions!! but...its all okay...im calm...

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#13 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Jul 28 2011, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well seeing by everyones reactions, looks like im not watching this episode either,ugh they should focus more on the manga.

It really wasn't that bad of an episode. There were enjoyable parts to it. It's really getting annoying for me to see that people are skipping entire episodes simply due to fandom issues. It's still naruto and it's still the main storyline. People are now so easily getting upset about minor changes/additions to the manga. I mean, the anime has to do that in the first place. We're all getting way to biased and taking simple unrelated moments far too seriously. Just enjoy watching the main storyline for once /doneranting

#14 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

^ i totally enjoyed the episode biggrin.gif but i can't help but get upset for those little things sometimes. but just cause i do, doesnt mean i didnt like the episode...im just ranting to myself

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#15 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 28 2011, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It really wasn't that bad of an episode. There were enjoyable parts to it. It's really getting annoying for me to see that people are skipping entire episodes simply due to fandom issues. It's still naruto and it's still the main storyline. People are now so easily getting upset about minor changes/additions to the manga. I mean, the anime has to do that in the first place. We're all getting way to biased and taking simple unrelated moments far too seriously. Just enjoy watching the main storyline for once /doneranting

QFT my friend. It's fine to ship a couple, but don't let it get in the way of enjoying a series. If we all took off those shipping goggles, you'd see that this episode was much more enjoyable. Really, people, just take a neutral view of the episode and you'd enjoy it a whole lot better.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#16 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 28 2011, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, this is actually the best time for a fillar arc. This will probably be the only point in the rest of the manga for such an arc to come in. The anime is really catching up now since I can clearly remember when this episode was still manga. What they're doing makes sense and I have nothing against it.

Well, you certainly have a point, but I like fillers as an independent episodes (or OVAs/Movies/omakes), not when they are mixed with the canon storyline. And by the look of things, I'm pretty sure that the upcoming episodes won't be a pure fillers, but a mishmash of before-mentioned and a canon. Oh well, can't help it.

Edited by Kagura, 28 July 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#17 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Well, jeah ... --Click here to view--
Ehhh, jeah.
Sakura-chan, If you're really going to safe Sasuke before Naruto, If you're, after all you have gone thorugh with Naruto, really some kind of ... disturbed, I will replace you immediatly with your Tsundre-sis Rukia ... oh man! rolleyes.gif
I'm so glad this is just the Anime biggrin.gif

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#18 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Kagura @ Jul 28 2011, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, you certainly have a point, but I like fillers as an independent episodes (or OVAs/Movies/omakes), not when they are mixed with the canon storyline. And by the look of things, I'm pretty sure that the upcoming episodes won't be a pure fillers, but a mishmash of before-mentioned and a canon. Oh well, can't help it.

I'll agree with you there. Those times do tend to annoy me and I usually do end up skipping them entirely. But I'm pretty sure this is all filler, Kishi jumped straight to Naruto landing on the island with only a slip second moment with the boat. The fillers entirely about their boatride. Of course, if the war preparation gets mixed in, you never know then

And Codus N, I completely agree with you that we are very bias. That's why recently I've been trying really hard to look at eveything neutrally. I watch as we laugh at naruhina fandoms acting biased yet there are many times on this forum where I see the same with us. I come here not too get pissed off at stupid filler or such but to "discuss" predictions and ideas.

Edited by naruto-z, 28 July 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#19 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

This is the big deal? I get why people are mad but people have used this question before in a fanfic to conflict Sakura's character and feelings. Which is negative for Pierrot if they use it the wrong way, but it should ultimately be a transition question. Either way, it seems that Fanfics have greater influence on Pierrot then Kishi does.

#20 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jul 28 2011, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the big deal? I get why people are mad but people have used this question before in a fanfic to conflict Sakura's character and feelings. Which is negative for Pierrot if they use it the wrong way, but it should ultimately be a transition question. Either way, it seems that Fanfics have greater influence on Pierrot then Kishi does.

You're right I think that's where Pierot gets their idea in portraying Sakura in a negative light. I mean Kishimoto has already shown it clearly who Sakura cares the most when she confessed to Naruto, everything she did was for Naruto NOT Sasuke. She'd rather have him hate her for taking the decision of killing Sasuke than losing him to Akatsuki or getting killed by Sasuke.

So Pierot to answer the annoying question you made Sakura asked the answer is obviously Naruto first.

Edited by Gravenimage, 28 July 2011 - 06:10 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users