Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

It's out :

http://www.narutoget...en-episode-208/

It was an interesting episode. The animation sucked at parts, and was really nice (imo) in others (more so the exp​ressions than anything else).

Gaara looked really young at points.

They also changed the flashback of Sakura Naruto had when Sai was telling him that she was thinking of Naruto's feelings.

Not much else to say atm, still processing it and mulling it over in my mind.

Edited by Paptala, 21 April 2011 - 12:48 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:53 PM

Good episode.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Blazing CobaltX

Blazing CobaltX

Yuri Trainer on Fire

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:Pokémon(OMFG, what am I doing here then?! ^^'), Phoenix Wright, Naruto(Ofc), and K-ON.

Other shizzle:
    Drawing(Which doesn't mean I'm good at it!), playing Pokémon(Ofc)(Which isn't possible anymore... TT_TT) and several other games, and some other things(Like watching anime, of course!).

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

It was okay and they changed some scentences. And they did some SS fanservice through Sai. dry.gif

#4 Guest_kim_*

Guest_kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

I liked the episode, they have changed a few little things and it did seem a bit more SS. All in all, I'm glad to see it, the animation looks really good.

#5 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

They totally changed what Sai said. Totally dropped the crucial line "Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and has fallen in love with you" And took all the past tense references to her feelings about Sasuke and made them present tense. How stupid- just so they can string along the sasusaku shippers that only watch the anime and don't read the manga. It was a deliberate smack in the face to Kishimoto too, who made it absolutely clear at Jump Festa 2009 that Sakura is in love with Naruto now. They string along naruhina shippers too. I'm so disgusted. This episode was garbage. And add them leaving out Naruto's blush when Sakura confessed and they are clearly still trying to undermine Kishimoto's cannon narusaku. I hope Kishimoto gets hacked off and promptly gets Naruto and Sakura together with a baby on the way even, making sure it's 100% clear everyone knows the baby is Naruto and Sakura's. I'll sit there and laugh at Studio Pierrot having to eat crow and do the narusaku they are supposed to be doing. This was absolutely done by the antinarusaku pro naruhina/sasusaku team- they hated that Sasuke had some feelings for Karin too, and rewrote the scenes where that showed to make it look like he had no feelings. And overplayed Karin's behavior to look like a total fangirl.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

I thought so too ciardha *sighs*.

I can't wait for Viz to translate this episode (notice the sarcasm).

Edited by Gravenimage, 21 April 2011 - 03:23 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 21 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They totally changed what Sai said. Totally dropped the crucial line "Sakura has moved on from Sasuke and has fallen in love with you" And took all the past tense references to her feelings about Sasuke and made them present tense. How stupid- just so they can string along the sasusaku shippers that only watch the anime and don't read the manga. It was a deliberate smack in the face to Kishimoto too, who made it absolutely clear at Jump Festa 2009 that Sakura is in love with Naruto now. They string along naruhina shippers too. I'm so disgusted. This episode was garbage. And add them leaving out Naruto's blush when Sakura confessed and they are clearly still trying to undermine Kishimoto's cannon narusaku. I hope Kishimoto gets hacked off and promptly gets Naruto and Sakura together with a baby on the way even, making sure it's 100% clear everyone knows the baby is Naruto and Sakura's. I'll sit there and laugh at Studio Pierrot having to eat crow and do the narusaku they are supposed to be doing. This was absolutely done by the antinarusaku pro naruhina/sasusaku team- they hated that Sasuke had some feelings for Karin too, and rewrote the scenes where that showed to make it look like he had no feelings. And overplayed Karin's behavior to look like a total fangirl.

Man, you're brutal today.

@Graven, but you thought the episode was good earlier...me is confused now...

They're still going to have to have make Sasuke nearly kill her twice and declare only Konoha's death will revive the Uchiha, just see it as the last gasp like the manga, at least the confession wasn't botched. They're dragging their feet just trying to make everyone happy.

Edited by Insurrection, 21 April 2011 - 03:30 PM.

#8 Guest_kim_*

Guest_kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

Oh yeah, ciardha, you are brutal. mellow.gif
I'm surprisingly enough not pissed off at all. I mean, in the end it will be Naruto and Sakura together for sure and unless they plan to have the anime have a different ending than the manga so it will ultimately be a bigger blow for SS and NH shippers once they do. a_spaz.gif Hm, looks like I'm a bit wicked myself today...

#9 Outou

Outou

when I'm really just a reclusive wanker

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:adventures, animals, anime, art, bleach, books, clamp, creating, daydreaming, dorks, dreams, fanfiction, friends, ghibli, history, internet, jpop, jrock, literature, love, magic, manga, math, merlin, movies, music, mythology, naruto, philosophy, poetry, procrastination, psychology, reading, science, seiyuu, video games, ♪。。。

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

I agree with ciardha. Pierrot's been screwing up a lot of important moments lately, which is inexcusable at least because they don't follow canon story line. Manga is the primary source here, they ought to follow it obediently. Not to mention the animation quality was pretty bad (what have you done to Gaara-kun??? ( ´Д`))

#10 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

I did said the episode was good but looking at it from a NS fan POV I have to agreed with ciardha. I don't if she's upset about the episode but she's probably annoyed, like me.

With this episode it looks like studio Pierot is desperately trying to keep the NH and SS pairings alive in order to keep those fandoms please. I don't even want to see the episode when Sakura is about to kill Sasuke they will add so many SS flashbacks to keep the fandom happy.

Pierot should give it a rest to the NH and SS fan service and stick to Kishimoto's cannon manga where NS is very clear. Like ciardha said there will come a day when Pierot will have to swallow their pride and make the obvious pairing cannon.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#11 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

If you guys ask me, I'd say that the translations could've been made by HorribleSubs to look like it supports SS. Remember that it's not from crunchyroll guys. So I suggest that people who have CR membership watch the episode there (at CR).

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#12 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:33 PM

I don't know why you guys freaking out over this... again. rolleyes.gif

It's the same damn translations and scenes that was in the manga. You guys really think that Sakura will be still in love with Sasuke by now (in manga terms), after all of the BS that is about to happen in the next couple of episodes?

Biased or not, don't go bashing the studio thinking that their pro-NH/SS. Sure they like to exaggerate most scenes and character personalities, but don't become all prejudice saying that Pierrot is focusing on extending the rival pairings (when there is hardly any recent info that can/may hurt us like nails), just to drop NaruSaku off the bat in terms of being canon.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#13 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Long post is long. --Click here to view--
Not sure what you guys are getting so flustered over.

Sai said (essentially) the same lines as in the chapter:

Manga quotes taken from the SleepyFans version. If they're horribly different from another version, let me know. --Click here to view--
[Manga] "Sakura didn't come here to confess her feelings to you..."
[Episode] "Sakura didn't come to confess her love for you."

[Manga] "She thought she'd lessen your burden by giving up on Sasuke and confessing her love for you..."
[Episode] "By telling you she'd given up on Sasuke, and declaring her love for you, she was freeing you from the burden of the promise you made."

[Manga] Naruto: "She likes/loves Sasuke so much--"//Sai: "That's why. I don't think she can just stand by and watch as he plunges headlong towards evil. She wants to save him from a life of evil because she loves him... And I think she's prepared to do whatever it takes. Even if that means killing the one she loves."
[Episode] Naruto: "She's crazy about Sasuke--"//Sai: "It's because she loves him so much that she can't bear to watch Sasuke become turn more and more evil. It's because she loves him so much that she wants to save Sasuke from this path of evil. Even if that means killing the one she loves with her own hands."

The only line added was, "That's how committed she is to her love for Sasuke."

I'm almost a little surprised y'all are making such a fuss over these lines when they're similar enough to what's in the manga--and when we've debated over and over the notion that the "love" for Sasuke mentioned could be for a teammate, or lingering feelings for who he once was.
Even that added line could be interpreted as saying that's how committed she is to her past love for him, or her love for him as a teammate and friend. Weigh it against how Sai repeatedly mentions that everything Sakura's done so far has been with Naruto in mind: in a way, the added line is just meant to say, "Here's how far she'll go for you both in her own ways." *shrug*

Anti/Pro factions? Really guys? I know it's been brought up often before, but I gotta ask: do you really think a professional studio would allow their animators to allow their personal feelings affect their work? The higher-ups may have some say based on what they think will catch more viewers or please a bigger demographic, but overall I seriously don't think the animation team has the freedom to be broken into two opposing factions that take turns doing a "true" or "false" version of the show (in accordance with the manga). In all honesty, it just sounds like a way for anyone here not pleased with certain episodes/scenes to soothe themselves by believing that the studio's out to purposely skew things =/

Episode seemed decent to me--animation was iffy in some places (and Gaara did look slightly younger for some reason, though not terribly so), but overall it was nice. Next episode looks like it'll be "meh" for me; don't give a crap about Sasuke or his angst, so.... XD;;

Edit:: LOLOL Derock basically summed up everything I said XP

Edited by Kushina, 21 April 2011 - 06:13 PM.

#14 Living Lavish

Living Lavish

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

wow i agree with Derock and Kushina.
Pierrot do kitten up alot of moments but Graven, Ciarda on this episode y'all freaking out about nothing.
but this episode just shows how much Sakura cares and loves Naruto.

Edited by Living Lavish, 21 April 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#15 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:50 PM

The key to Sai's speech he NEVER said that Sakura was lying about loving Naruto neither does Naruto mentions that she was lying after Sai told him.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Apr 21 2011, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The key to Sai's speech he NEVER said that Sakura was lying about loving Naruto neither does Naruto mentions that she was lying after Sai told him.

And?

It's basically what everyone had said when we were interpreted the manga version, only it was reworded to make sense (blame the English grammar). Sakura never intended to tell Naruto about the Konoha 11's decision to kill Sasuke. Her confession, her love towards Naruto, was the "distraction" for him and others, sort of speak, to avoid the truth.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

I'm a little disappointed that Madara vs Foo and Torune didn't have any extended sections in the anime, like Team 10 versus Hidan and Kakuzu did. Longer fights are one of the few good things about filler segments.

I wonder how much they're going to have to censor the Sasuke vs Danzou fight. I mean, the manga had a shower of blood every other page. Seriously, it got to Berserk like levels at points.

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Living Lavish @ Apr 21 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow i agree with Derock and Kushina.
Pierrot do kitten up alot of moments but Graven, Ciarda on this episode y'all freaking out about nothing.
but this episode just shows how much Sakura cares and loves Naruto.

Not freaking out just irritated that they played around yet again with manga canon to drag out one sided ships longer. (In this case leaving out a really crucial line of Sai's that showed Sakura's romantic feelings for Sasuke were about the past, not the present, using a part 1 image of Sakura at the missing line point where Kishimoto has Naruto really see Sakura as she is now for the first time in his mind, using present tense where it should have been past- the key phrase they ommited was the guideline if you can read Japanese, Sai continues to speak of Sakura's feelings about Sasuke in the past tense in the manga (yeah I ended up going to the expense of getting the volume in the original Japanese because I got tired of seeing people using the fan translated English as their Bible. Did that with volume 53 for the chapter with Kushina's advice for Naruto too...) then they inserted that other sasusaku made up line as well. Look at the filler junk they did to try to drag out the naruhina ship in the Pain arc....

And note to the comment someone made about "anime companies couldn't do that...." They can and do mess around with manga canon as they please- ask Yuu Watase about what Studio Pierrot did to both her Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres, ask Fuyumi Ono about what they did about her 12 Kingdom novel series Studio Pierrot isn't the only guilty party either, it's pretty much industry wide. This is why I got so disgusted, I'm really tired of anime companies playing games with manga creators work- there are so many I could list. While the rights go back to the manga creator, when the manga creator and the manga publisher sell the animation rights to an anime company they basically have carte blanch to do what they want- Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma 1/2 manga canon is different in some pretty dramatic points, CLAMP saw several of their works bowdlerized by the anime adaptions- most infamously the X-1999 movie, which they loathed, the company that did Rurouni Kenshin tacked on this depresso sequel that Nobuhiro Watsuki was really unhappy about- he had promised his readers a happy ending and had delivered, but the anime company decided they didn't like that and made this pretty looking but sad, tragic sequel movie (the 2nd movie), The company that did the anime adaption of Sailor Moon played around with manga canon enough that Naoko Takeuchi was really hacked off at what they did... Manga artists have no power over the anime companies, Yuu Watase stated that point blank at Animazement 2000, she also said that we (even we American viewers) viewers are the only people that have any power to make anime companies change their ways and follow manga canon. This may also be why we are seeing them messing around with manga canon- they are getting tons of letters from naruhina and sasusaku shippers, so they are playing around with canon to favor who they think are their viewers- never mind story canon...

Eh, perhaps I shouldn't just sit back and get annoyed here, but find out Studio Pierrot's email address and start sending them my complaints about them messing around with manga canon. It's knowing what anime companies do with manga adaptions that turns off a lot of adult manga readers in US and Japan to anime. Most of my 40 something friends that still read manga rarely watch anime anymore, and I've heard similar things from older Japanese manga readers too...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:52 AM

Forget the damn anime and their blunders! Enjoy it for what's right to enjoy, I mean yeah the moments and stuff can be nicer and it'd defintely be great if they could lead the ppl who watch the anime only towards the right couple to be hinted... Idk, I really hate what's going on there haha, but I'm still sure of Narusaku despite the anime's blunders.

Or is that was what Kishi was hinting o.0 is the anime CORRECT?
lol jk idk

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#20 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

I am very annoyed with this episode as well. There is a TOTAL SS vibe to it, which is not to that extreme in the manga.

Thanks, Kushina, for having printed the comparisons, and if I have to analyse them, it's coming out even worse!

[Manga] "She thought she'd lessen your burden by giving up on Sasuke and confessing her love for you..."
[Episode] "By telling you she'd given up on Sasuke, and declaring her love for you, she was freeing you from the burden of the promise you made."

This is a MAJOR problem. In the Manga, it says "By GIVING UP on Sasuke and confessing her love for you", it's an ACTION, something which she is DOING, whereas in the episode, it's a statement, "by TELLING you she'd given up on Sasuke" is coming out like she is LYING to Naruto, which is NOT the case as Kishi has stated.

[Manga] Naruto: "She likes/loves Sasuke so much--"//Sai: "That's why. I don't think she can just stand by and watch as he plunges headlong towards evil. She wants to save him from a life of evil because she loves him... And I think she's prepared to do whatever it takes. Even if that means killing the one she loves."
[Episode] Naruto: "She's crazy about Sasuke--"//Sai: "It's because she loves him so much that she can't bear to watch Sasuke become turn more and more evil. It's because she loves him so much that she wants to save Sasuke from this path of evil. Even if that means killing the one she loves with her own hands."

The only line added was, "That's how committed she is to her love for Sasuke."

This part is bugging me as well, just for the mere number of times it has been stated she 'loves' / "is crazy about" Sasuke. In the manga it's 3 times, in the anime it's FIVE times, which too many additions of "so much" !!!!

I just simply do not like how they have made this episode at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users