#42 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 26 2010, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Er....your entire "how I would have handled it" scene was basically a text-version of exactly what happened with some shoujo-esque detail on their thoughts added in.
That was just me getting carried away(adding their thoughts in and what not). biggrin.gif Not the point though. The point here is detail. Again, I stress the fact that they remembered how to "enhance" scenes such as this when it came to Hinata's confession, so why not here?
Also, didn't you find her slowly bringing him up to hug him enough of a slow-pause equivalent?
Again, I really don't know what show you were watching. The whole scene was super-brief.

The focus on Naruto's "kitten I'm in for it"-to-"what's going on" expression added to not seeing Sakura's expression until she thanked him (when it became just the two of them for a moment; note the white background) was way more dramatic to me than anything about Hinata's confession.
Hinata's confession (although really unncessary) had many elements to it. Not only did she confess, not only is there added dialogue, but they even spend time seeing Hinata's conviction to "protect the one she loves" and see it as strong enough to allow her to fend off Pein for a few minutes. In the manga, she just confessed and then killed over after Pein b*tch slapped her. They changed a brief scene into something much more. Of course this is to be expected as the anime DOES THIS A LOT. Thus, it only comes off as a double standard when we don't see the NaruSaku moment here getting the same treatment.

Here we got a dramatic build-up of action instead of sporadic drama created from a pause. *shrug* Maybe it's just a difference in perception, though.

Seems likely.

But what flashback are you talking about? I reread the entire arc of Naruto's time on the island and found nothing similar to the flashbacks we got in this episode.
I do recall the long string of comments about the villagers' perspective, but don't recall precisely when.
As to why they were added into the episode, it was to greatly enhance the fact that the people accepting him had been the same people that once-upon-a-time hated his existence.

The scenes with Kakashi having a flashback of Naruto saying he wanted everyone to acknowledge him did this task. IMO, I like how the manga wraps the up in that the last of the hero's greeting we see is Sakura hugging Naruto and everyone standing around the two. If they didn't wanna lengthen the hug scene, they should have at least ended the episode with it.
The hug from Sakura got its own slice of "just them" as it did in the manga for a reason; anything more than that could have made things awkward considering that the romantic drama between Sakura and Naruto is on its way
All the better. Some fans were surprised when they saw Naruto's comment to Sai about his feelings for Sakura and other fans were equally surprised in seeing Sakura go and confess. If anything, a well adapted version of "the hug" would better prevent confusion. In addition, the awkwardness simply helps to keep fans guessing as to which pairing is going to occur, so there's nothing with it.

Edited by Kenny-kun, 27 August 2010 - 01:14 AM.

#43 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:21 AM

Awesome episode! It was definitely worth the wait to see the hug finally and I'll ask my friend to make a gif of that scene, it was touching too. tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#44 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

Oh my God! I've waited for so long for this episode, I wanted to be epic and boy I wasn't disappointed.

Kakashi's moment with his father was much better in this episode then the moment of his 'death'. Like in the previous episode, Nagato's speech was heart wrenching and yet, so truthful. The way he explain to Naruto the true meaning of war and the pain that will inevitably come with it really did reach me much more then in the manga.

and the way Naruto say that his name was a gift inherited of both his sensei and sibling disciple...my God! The talk with Nagato really show the true wisdom and maturity that Naruto hold, something that Sasuke lack of and he could learn a lot from him.

The little moment that we see Naruto in front of the grave he made for his Shishou was also something that I'm happy to see.

Of course, the best moment is when we see Naruto, held by Kakashi and hearing the loud croud cheering for their hero! I was holding my tears for falling but THIS particular moment made me cry of joy!

Then, the hug...I'll agree with everyone that say that it's was perfect. not to short but not to long that it could destroy the true essence of this moment. I'm probably biased ( and I'm not the only one here tongue.gif) but to me, the slow motion after Sakura hit Naruto, the white background with the leaves flowing around them really is 100% time more beautiful, more significant and more romantic then the entire filler episode of Hinata's confession. Personally, I'm glad that the animators respect what was in the manga for the hug and I'm satisfied by it.

Like always, if some of you wouldn't have mention the blush of both Hinata and especially Sakura, I would have completely miss it.

at last, the flashback, while my emotion was already high and even if it's still the same old memories coming back, it was still very beautiful to see it again.

PS : I really love the fanservice for NaruIno...that was priceless, especially seeing Shika and Choji expression after that...O.O huh! Yep, you are not the only one that react that way boys, I did the same thing tongue.gif

#45 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Aug 26 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was just me getting carried away(adding their thoughts in and what not). biggrin.gif Not the point though. The point here is detail. Again, I stress the fact that they remembered how to "enhance" scenes such as this when it came to Hinata's confession, so why not here? Again, I really don't know what show you were watching. The whole scene was super-brief.

Again, what details would you have had them add? The only extras I saw in your version were the thoughts of everyone involved. And no, the hug didn't take up very much time, but considering how much else happened in the episode it got a fair amount of screentime. I already mentioned what I considered the build-up: Sakura walking towards him, the rather slow way she brought him back up to her level after hitting him, as well as the pause before she thanked him. She hugged him in front of the entire village, what more would you expect either of them to do there--or expect the anime crew to add to it?

Hinata's confession (although really unncessary) had many elements to it. Not only did she confess, not only is there added dialogue, but they even spend time seeing Hinata's conviction to "protect the one she loves" and see it as strong enough to allow her to fend off Pein for a few minutes. In the manga, she just confessed and then killed over after Pein b*tch slapped her. They changed a brief scene into something much more. Of course this is to be expected as the anime DOES THIS A LOT. Thus, it only comes off as a double standard when we don't see the NaruSaku moment here getting the same treatment.

I'm not trying to say what they did to Hinata's confession wasn't ridiculous--I absolutely hated that episode because of it--but if you compare the timing in the plot for each event, the fact that Sakura's hug didn't get as much of a filler-blowout makes sense. For Hinata, her confession was the "shining moment" of that chapter; as much as the filler sucked and beefed up her moment just for the sake of giving her more screentime, it at least (kind of) added to the build-up for why she confessed and went to such lengths against Pein. I'mma be straight here: it's hard to defend that episode and everything in it as I hate it so much, but I do feel that the filler at least kept the tone of what happened.

I do recall the long string of comments about the villagers' perspective, but don't recall precisely when.

I think Quinny helped us out with that in an above post. Maybe that's what we've got in mind?

The scenes with Kakashi having a flashback of Naruto saying he wanted everyone to acknowledge him did this task. IMO, I like how the manga wraps the up in that the last of the hero's greeting we see is Sakura hugging Naruto and everyone standing around the two. If they didn't wanna lengthen the hug scene, they should have at least ended the episode with it. All the better. Some fans were surprised when they saw Naruto's comment to Sai about his feelings for Sakura and other fans were equally surprised in seeing Sakura go and confess. If anything, a well adapted version of "the hug" would better prevent confusion. In addition, the awkwardness simply helps to keep fans guessing as to which pairing is going to occur, so there's nothing with it.

*shrug* Here we may just be seeing things differently again with no solution. To me, Kakashi's flashback was like the intro to everyone else acknowledging Naruto. And the hug wasn't the end of the scene; Naruto being thrown in the air by everyone is, and it comes after Iruka's own flashback and recollection of how far Naruto's come. The hug got just as much time in the manga as the episode, IMO.

I thought the point of Sakura's confession was to cause confusion? Seemed like a pot-stirrer to me. As for anyone being surprised by Naruto's comment to Sai... That just tells me they need to pay better attention to the main character and how he interacts with others ;P To me, making the hug even more blatantly romantic (this seems to be what you think they should have done? please tell me if that's not it) would have skewed the confession's impact later on.

@Anyone that couldn't find the blush:
Sorry if the quality isn't great... --Click here to view--
Attached File  blsuhfoyou.jpg   31.38KB   111 downloads

#46 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

holymolyguacamoleinthemoly&thecow....omigawd.....

I LOVE THIS EPISODE! LIKE LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! <333333

Nagato's speech! waaaah~~shamefulcry0js.gif & the part with Kakashi & & & his dad! <3 & When Kakashi carries Naruto! & Naruto's cheek! SO CUTE~! love.gif so...PUNI!!! It makes me want to squeeze his cute cheeks! a_squish.gif ME WANT TO! eager.gif MUST POKE HIM! poke.gif & when when when when they arrive! EVERYBODY IS THERE! & NA-CHAN'S FACE! wow.png

& the best part....

THE NARUSAKU HUG~!

WONDERFUL~! BEAUTIFUL~! MAGNIFICENT~! GORJUSS~! COLORFUL~! TASTEFUL~! wow.png
Random Person: Wait! Colorful...TASTEFUL?! WTF?! wot.gif Puni~Chan must be hungry... facepalm.png

NOW I MUST DO MY PIMP DANCE!

PIMP DANCE TIME~! :DDDDD
narusakuct7.gif narusakuct7.gif narusakuct7.gif narusakuct7.gif narusakuct7.gif narusakuct7.gif narusakuct7.gif narusakuct7.gif

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#47 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 26 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was corrected in the tankobon where a panel was inserted showing the grave of Jiraiya. I imagine Kishi realized his mistake and added it in.

not the first time a panel has been redrawn or altered...

O.o I never knew about these, are they online anywhere?

#48 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Kenny-kun @ Aug 26 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was just me getting carried away(adding their thoughts in and what not). biggrin.gif Not the point though. The point here is detail. Again, I stress the fact that they remembered how to "enhance" scenes such as this when it came to Hinata's confession, so why not here?Again, I really don't know what show you were watching. The whole scene was super-brief.

I dunno, I think I'd rather have my "super-brief" canon moment rather than an elaborated fan-servicey one. Yeah, Hinata got a lot more, good for NH fans. But in the end it doesn't really mean anything. It isn't what the manga showed, and that's why most of us had a problem with it. It may be double-standards for the anime team to give extra bits to NH but not to NS, but it is also double standards to be angry over the filler material Hinata got and yet want it for Sakura. I just feel more satisfied with a clean, true showing of our pairing rather than fabricated effects for the fans ^^;

#49 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Aug 26 2010, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno, I think I'd rather have my "super-brief" canon moment rather than an elaborated fan-servicey one. Yeah, Hinata got a lot more, good for NH fans. But in the end it doesn't really mean anything. It isn't what the manga showed, and that's why most of us had a problem with it. It may be double-standards for the anime team to give extra bits to NH but not to NS, but it is also double standards to be angry over the filler material Hinata got and yet want it for Sakura. I just feel more satisfied with a clean, true showing of our pairing rather than fabricated effects for the fans ^^;

My thoughts EXACTLY
\

#50 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:56 AM

I was just literally kissing my dad's feet to use his HP since my DELL died 'cause you guys got me soo excited to see the episode! wow.png And he said... No... TT^TT dammit! I can't watch it on my iPod! I'm so angry now... I'll have to watch it tomorrow.

Off-topic: EVERYONE Jupiter is near the moon tonight!

P.S I say Jupiter is now the official planet of NaruSaku 'cause the hug! XD
I just can't wait to watch the episode!

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 27 August 2010 - 03:59 AM.

#51 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:22 AM

There's a tiny bit of filler in the episode, where in the manga you don't see the people who are tossing Naruto in the air, the anime shows it to be Gai, Lee, Kiba, Ino, and Sakura. Heh, I was amused at Sakura's position, she had both hands right around Naruto's ass- hmm, copping a feel Sakura? wink.gif laugh.gif They portrayed her exuberant side of her personality quite well here, and the way she looks at Naruto in that scene was a nice mix of romantic love and absolute joy.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#52 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Aug 27 2010, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Anyone that couldn't find the blush:
Sorry if the quality isn't great... --Click here to view--
Attached File  blsuhfoyou.jpg   31.38KB   111 downloads

Lol, for Naruto and Sakura reactions here, I wouldn't be surprised if Ino is teasing them about their "intimate moment" laugh.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#53 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

I loved the episode, no complaints about screen time from me. I noticed they have Sakura hit him more over the head in the Anime than an elbow to the stomach, hints of Kushina later on? smile.gif

I'm not a fan of Ino, but I was LMAO at her comment and Shikamaru and Choji's reaction. I officially think Ino is shallow in her man choices now (not that Naruto isn't awesome), but come on, he was so not her type til now. I hope that's a set up for some Sakura kicking her ass later, hehehe.

#54 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

Honestly, I was just happy they did it. I don't know how anyone else felt, but I was a little worried they might turn it into a pat on the shoulder or a group hug or something. But as it was, it was nice. A little disappointing in light of the liberties the took with Hinata's character, but I can't complain about it. Lovely moment, set apart from all the rest. Certainly carried the weight of the gesture for both characters.

What's interesting to me is how the animation side is deepening the love interests way more than Kishi does in the manga. I would say they are playing more to a fanbase, marketing a tv show to spike interest and keep viewers coming back, whereas the author is writing his story as he wants it.

I wonder too if Kishi condones it somewhat (doing it for tv market) or turns a blind eye to it. Eh - we'll never know.

What tweaked me about the episode though was how the love interests are taking on the tones of a bad fanfic. We had the significant Hinata looking at Naruto (which could be taken in any way. If you are NH, then it supports NH. So I'm including it.) The Sakura hug. The Ino remark. Then in the end, the filler Hinata storyline is working it's way into the next filler arc, apparently.

Sakura's development of feelings was addressed only in the closing song. So there's no real buildup. And then the hug itself was sandwich in between a lot of other girl adulation. The hug was nice, but eh....

I gues what's confusing to me is that if the animation group is writing up Hinata's character to give some suspense or implied love tensions, then they should have given Sakura's storyline a little punch as well.

#55 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:07 PM

I loved this chapter. I really enjoyed the progression of the flashbacks that showed his growth, and how Iruka talked about how proud the 3rd and Jiraiya must be that Naruto has become the hero that they wished him to be.

The hug was short, but that's what it was meant to be. I think it was just the right amount. NS fans may want it to linger a little longer, but in context with the manga, it was appropriate. The confession was drawn out, but like all the filler stuff, I take it with a grain of salt. Also, people in the US may take the amount of time spent on both instances as unequal, but if you look at it from a cultural standpoint, a hug is very significant. In our culture, hugs are given out a little more freely than in the Asian culture. So to me, the hug, no matter how brief is extremely significant.

And is it me, or are these little flashback fillers that happen so frequently getting annoying? I feel it's disrupting the flow of the storyline. I wouldn't mind a short arc (5-6 episodes), if done with a decent storyline. That way we have longer segments of pure manga material. I would even rather them do a couple of episodes on rebuilding Konoha. At least something in the present.

#56 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Aug 27 2010, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, people in the US may take the amount of time spent on both instances as unequal, but if you look at it from a cultural standpoint, a hug is very significant. In our culture, hugs are given out a little more freely than in the Asian culture. So to me, the hug, no matter how brief is extremely significant.

You're right. Glad you mentioned that. Because when you think back on it, the hug is certainly portrayed as a shining moment. Literally. White lights, blowing leaves. And in that respect it is in stark contrast to all the Hinata stuff. The hug moment was definitely portrayed as from both Sakura and Naruto's perspective. Both were relieved/surprised, etc. It was significant to both. It wasn't the one-sided deal of Sakura to Sasuke and Hinata to Naruto. (stating the obvious, I know.)

And is it me, or are these little flashback fillers that happen so frequently getting annoying? I feel it's disrupting the flow of the storyline. I wouldn't mind a short arc (5-6 episodes), if done with a decent storyline. That way we have longer segments of pure manga material. I would even rather them do a couple of episodes on rebuilding Konoha. At least something in the present.

I agree. I really wish the fillers filled in the gaps. How hard would it be to write some reconstruction storylines. See the group interacting again? Instead we've got to go back to part one and pick up fillers from 3-6 years before the story timeline. I really enjoy the manga currently, where they are more mature. Not so crazy about part one. Same goes for the anime. I'll probably skip all these and start watching again when it gets back on track. (But I'll read the reviews to make sure I don't miss anything! biggrin.gif )

#57 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Aug 27 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a tiny bit of filler in the episode, where in the manga you don't see the people who are tossing Naruto in the air, the anime shows it to be Gai, Lee, Kiba, Ino, and Sakura. Heh, I was amused at Sakura's position, she had both hands right around Naruto's ass- hmm, copping a feel Sakura? wink.gif laugh.gif They portrayed her exuberant side of her personality quite well here, and the way she looks at Naruto in that scene was a nice mix of romantic love and absolute joy.

Now that you mention it, it does look like what you said it did.

@Kushina Thank you for the pic. wave.gif

#58 narutouzumaki50

narutouzumaki50

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Did anyone notice that SAKURA hit NARUTO in the same spot his mom did? Anyway that hug was heaven on earth!

Attached Files

It burns to be me!!

#59 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

I been waiting for this hug for a while now. Did anyone notice the little girl during the hug. Not a word I use alot but I thought it was kinda cute. She even knew there was something romantic about it and we don't who she is. Wait! Is she the one Sakura saved? Don't know. Mr. Clueless as always. Now I can't wait for the confession.

#60 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Aug 28 2010, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I been waiting for this hug for a while now. Did anyone notice the little girl during the hug. Not a word I use alot but I thought it was kinda cute. She even knew there was something romantic about it and we don't who she is. Wait! Is she the one Sakura saved? Don't know. Mr. Clueless as always. Now I can't wait for the confession.

Don't forget that the little girl was blushing. happy.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 28 August 2010 - 03:25 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users