Close
Photo

naruto shipuuden 168-169

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#21 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

169's up with subs on gogoanime.com, if anyone still can't find it. It's on-site, so no downloading, though the preview for next week's episode+omake aren't subbed yet.

And about 169.... I'm not sure how I feel about how they did Sakura's "Hinata....you like Naruto..." bit. They interpreted it very differently from the way I did in the manga..

And what's with so much focus on Hinata--are the animators really such fangirls/boys for her? =/

Other than that, though, they really did a great job with Naruto meeting his dad--very sweet <3

#22 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for the site.

Yes, I was hoping they would stop this with episode 168, but it is not letting up. Cannot WAIT for it to get to a part to where we don't have to see her at all. Hinata's character is not as frustrating as this, but the anime is making me roll my eyes every time she comes on screen. How can they take such a minor character and mary-sueify her? The plot is focused on her (Pain's speech on love and hate) when it was a more general statement of the world, every character is concerned about her a great deal, putting her importance above anyone elses, and casting her in such a saintly light when before her role was minimal and unoffending... UGH. Must... Not... Let... Fans... Ruin... Character...

-failing-

So far, the animation is good. Sometimes the faces seem a lil weird to me but that's normal.
As for Studio Perriot specializing with magic girls...
That explains some things...

#23 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

I think the 169 omake makes up for the Hinata filler tongue.gif

#24 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Jul 15 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the site.

Yes, I was hoping they would stop this with episode 168, but it is not letting up. Cannot WAIT for it to get to a part to where we don't have to see her at all. Hinata's character is not as frustrating as this, but the anime is making me roll my eyes every time she comes on screen. How can they take such a minor character and mary-sueify her? The plot is focused on her (Pain's speech on love and hate) when it was a more general statement of the world, every character is concerned about her a great deal, putting her importance above anyone elses, and casting her in such a saintly light when before her role was minimal and unoffending... UGH. Must... Not... Let... Fans... Ruin... Character...

This.... Just, all of this! It's not even that Hinata herself is annoying, but rather the fact that her confession/stupiditysacrifice is being overblown.

Anyways, has anyone found a site that has subs/translations for the end-song for 169? I'm really curious about the lyrics.

#25 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Just watched 168 and 169, pretty good, but dammit! More Hinata fillers! Come one! She's had her fifteen minutes of fame! Time for her to go to the back of the line again. dry.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#26 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

Yeah the 169 omake was hilarious, and Naruto's KSM looked cool. happy.gif

#27 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 15 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.... Just, all of this! It's not even that Hinata herself is annoying, but rather the fact that her confession/stupiditysacrifice is being overblown.

Anyways, has anyone found a site that has subs/translations for the end-song for 169? I'm really curious about the lyrics.

kinda funny that the song has 2 character names in the title ;P

also, wonder what this filler arc is about considering Naruto was called "the Yondaime's legacy" by Itachi back in P1

Edited by pharix, 15 July 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#28 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

I predict there will be a final straw to all of this Hinata stuff, not from her fanbase, but from everyone elses. Something's gotta give here.

Edited by Insurrection, 15 July 2010 - 11:40 PM.

#29 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jul 15 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

kinda funny that the song has 2 character names in the title ;P

Ah, thanks for the link!

.....and now I feel like a picky person because the lyrics didn't match what I'd hoped they'd mean XD
Still, it's a pretty song and the visuals were nice.

#30 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:19 AM

Episode 169 Sub
I think the Sakura-Hinata part was definitely biased. Remember, this is a leaked episode. Which means a fansubbing group took care of it.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#31 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

Alright, I've updated the main post w/ 169 subs! Thanks to Paradox Jast, Kushina, and Newkerz for finding the secret subs!

#32 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

Loved the coloring of the Minato/Naruto scene. So beautiful.

It reminded me of Amaretti's style. Subtle colors, warmer tones, etc.

Also, and this is probably just me, but I love the movement of Naruto's feet/legs when he was fighting Pain. Nicely animated.

#33 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 15 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, thanks for the link!

.....and now I feel like a picky person because the lyrics didn't match what I'd hoped they'd mean XD
Still, it's a pretty song and the visuals were nice.

what were you hoping for? lol

#34 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:27 AM

The scene with Sakura's thoughts while healing Hinata didn't seem that different to me.

169 didn't seem so bad as in Hinata screen time wise.

About the omake, I have two questions:

1. How does eating a certain type of food make a woman's boobs bigger? Is it even possibly?

And

2. Would Sakura want bigger boobs out of insecurity or getting Naruto's attention or both?

Do they really have to make a special with pre time skip Naruto characters? Oh well, at least it's better than a filler season.

#35 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jul 15 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what were you hoping for? lol

Not too much, but seeing as the boy's face next to her wasn't too clear I held a little hope that maybe it was about Naruto.
But the lyrics made it abundantly clear that it was Sasuke.

#36 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

I don't know about everyone else's comments, but i really enjoyed 169. Its animation were 100x better than the last 2 and the animators didn't screw up the storyline at all. So I'd say this was pretty well done.

#37 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

Did Naruto say "tou-chan"? I know the Japanese sometimes attach the "chan" suffix to the end of a friend's name (like how Naruto says "Sakura-chan"); I wouldn't think that guys use it too often to adress their fathers, though.

#38 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

again remember that most suffixes are "for the most part" gender neutral. while it is mostly used by guys to young girls or girls they like, it can also be used for a young make child. for the most part chan is kind of a cutesey or childlike nickname for someone, equivalent of kiddo or the like.

In the case of Naruto calling minato touchan it would be the equivalent of him calling mianto dad or daddy.

Also for example youd have tou-san which would be the most formal roughly equivalent to father
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#39 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jul 16 2010, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
again remember that most suffixes are "for the most part" gender neutral. while it is mostly used by guys to young girls or girls they like, it can also be used for a young make child. for the most part chan is kind of a cutesey or childlike nickname for someone, equivalent of kiddo or the like.

In the case of Naruto calling minato touchan it would be the equivalent of him calling mianto dad or daddy.

Also for example youd have tou-san which would be the most formal roughly equivalent to father

touchan is probably closest in feel to "daddy", it's the about the warmest, most affectionate way of addressing one's father. otouchan is kind of like calling him pop (Viz went went with "pop" for Naruto, likely because "daddy" doesn't sounds kind of childish to American readers for a 16 year old guy to say. where "pop" is acceptable, and implies a bit more affection than "dad") tousan is more like dad, while otousan basically is the equivalent formality, distance as saying father.

Edited by ciardha, 17 July 2010 - 12:57 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#40 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:19 AM

I thought Oyaji was more like Pop's instead of tou-chan. Oyaji is a very slang word but it's mostly used by teenagers in Japan 16 & up, right? besides, we call our dad pop's 'cause we like to use slang words. same with Oyaji, I think.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users