#41 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

It would have been funnier if Naruto turned the Kyuubi chakra into a hammer to whack Pain into the ground.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#42 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 2 2010, 04:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would have been funnier if Naruto turned the Kyuubi chakra into a hammer to whack Pain into the ground.

This would make him the red lantern. Lol

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#43 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 1 2010, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked the style too. It's really edgy. And the Sasuke/Itachi fight was the similarly done.

I watched Noein a while back and some of the big fight scenes at the end were done the same way, in this distorted, fast-paced style. The lines around the bodies become jagged, and the forms themselves more fluid. It wasn't a budget decision for them, but was a creative one. Something about the lines conveying more heat and energy than nicely drawn, colored, choreographed fighting. After I found that out about Noein, I appreciated the style a lot more.

So, I'm with you Gaara. I like it a lot.

And, thinking of the subject matter in this episode, the show's hero being turned into a half-skeletized monster, I think the style was appropriate. It's a little hard to watch, the lines are so stretched and so distorted, but I think the animators wanted the viewers to feel that kind of passive tension from it.

And I bet this one cost way more than the Hinata episode to make. The action is crazy and nearly non-stop, whereas last week's had some interesting fight angles, but was otherwise fairly normal (except the glowy hair). I mean, better animated than normal, but not widely divergent from all the previous episodes like this one was.

Agreed. I have never watched an episode of Noein or any show with this animation style but even I noticed it was a 'style' choice not bad animation or budget cuts...Sadly when you watch too much anime you pick up these things along the way.

Learn to spot and appreciate style guys it really turns on those anime chicks rolleyes.gif

-------------- Also to any emoticon makers, I think a whack-a-pain would be a great addition

#44 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:51 AM

I too thought whack-a-pain when I first saw that, but I'm in the category that enjoyed it more than hated it--could be said about this entire episode, actually. smile.gif

The animation sometimes was so bad it was funny, particularly in Pain's case. Yet, sometimes I really liked the style. Some instances the fluid motion just worked, but of course there were times where it seemed unnatural even for ninja-standards. The part near the end was the best, where the black liquid spilled from Naruto's close up chest ( allow me a moment of ooh-lala ) and from there it was just an overall success in my eyes.

There are pros and cons to this particular style, and I wish there would be an episode where there was just the pros of the two styles merged into one overall well-animated episode. This episode's pacing of the action was spot-on. Everything was fast and dramatic, and things were always in motion. Sometimes the normal episodes feel too slow, where they include lots of standing around and waiting, or where punches delivered are detailed but slow. In this episode everything was BAM-BAM-BAM, from the running to the actual hits. Now that is what I think an action scene should feel like. Yet, for all this motion there lacks detail. Faces and posture are distorted and there is a flatter feeling. If there could be more shading and just a little more attention to where it matters (facial expressions, no twisting bodies) then it would have been close to perfection.

I liked this episode more than I hated it; though, that may be because I disliked the previous episode so much that this not-hinata-centric episode was just such a relief. It was fun to watch, and I was kept engaged and entertained--yay~

Crowning moment of Awesome went to Minato's scene
Crowning moment of LOL went to Pain's odd face of constipation.

And of course... The new ending was so nice. I don't care whose chin it is, and I can speculate that the windmills in the city and the fact that the sky looks like a swirl links to Naruto, but really, I was just enjoying the song and pretty Sakura against a pretty background. PRETTEH. ;p

Edited by Broken Figurine, 02 July 2010 - 04:53 AM.

#45 Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Rix the Very Affectionate Lego!

Stand tall, even when you have to take a knee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Counter-strike, Cooking, and many more

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:48 AM

Parts of this episode really shined through, but most of the Pein fight was disappointing. The emotion just didn't do it for me, it was a bit off.. The part where Pein was running from Kyuubi, WAS AMAZING.

#46 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (hergirlunknown @ Jul 1 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The lyrics have been posted with the new ending.

Honestly, this sounds more like Sakura's reflection on Sasuke. Overall, it's a sad song of reflection, nostalgia and sadness. The lyrics imply she is still holding onto a memory of Sasuke, however it has long become bitter and impossible. In a way, it's neither Narusaku or Sasusaku. Instead, it's just Sakura.

Yes, and that she knew it was a one sided fantasy on her part even when the Team was together. The animation also gives a bit that shows how her heart has moved on to Naruto (the spiral in the sky, and how her face brightens up as she watches her hat sail away toward the spiral in the sky), that this is just her burden connected to the time in Team 7 when she was younger, it doesn't interfere with her feelings for Naruto, she just dwells on it sometimes
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#47 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 2 2010, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, and that she knew it was a one sided fantasy on her part even when the Team was together. The animation also gives a bit that shows how her heart has moved on to Naruto (the spiral in the sky, and how her face brightens up as she watches her hat sail away toward the spiral in the sky), that this is just her burden connected to the time in Team 7 when she was younger, it doesn't interfere with her feelings for Naruto, she just dwells on it sometimes

I agree ciardha but not everyone will agree with you a certain fandom will take it as a sign that S/S is very much alive and it still has chances in becoming canon in the manga. This ending will be a bit controversial to the beach ending both certain fandoms were disagreeing that the name scratched in the sand by Sakura was Naruto's name when it truth it was Sasuke's name, or they were saying that all names from team seven were written under the love umbrealla. rolleyes.gif

EDIT: youtube removed the video why am I not surprise? facepalm.png

Edited by Gravenimage, 02 July 2010 - 03:20 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#48 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

Just curious though, why is it that when i look at the face next to young sakura, it reminds of naruto instead of sasuke?

#49 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 2 2010, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious though, why is it that when i look at the face next to young sakura, it reminds of naruto instead of sasuke?

Are you talking about the ending the part where they showed someone's chin??? I don't think it was Naruto if it was him we could have noticed his whisker marks. I think it was Sasuke like ciardha and hergirlunknown said the ending is about Sakura's reflection over Sasuke that it was all a one sided fantasy from her part and it reflects how she has moved on from him to Naruto.

Edited by Gravenimage, 02 July 2010 - 04:37 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#50 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 2 2010, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you talking about the ending the part where they showed someone's chin??? I don't think it was Naruto if it was him we could have noticed his whisker marks. I think it was Sasuke like ciardhan and hergirlunknown said the ending is about Sakura's reflection over Sasuke that it was all a one sided fantasy from her part and it reflects how she has moved on from him to Naruto.

yeah i kinda figured that much as well. It kinda sucks though, ruins the great ending a lilttle bit.

#51 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 2 2010, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah i kinda figured that much as well. It kinda sucks though, ruins the great ending a lilttle bit.

Not at all with this ending the animators are showing once again that Sakura does't love Sasuke romantically anymore that she has moved on from him to Naruto. Just like Kishi has shown it dozens of times in his manga, of course like I said certain fandoms won't agree and they will think the opposite. rolleyes.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#52 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

And what's up with 6 tails Naruto shooting laser beams? fu.png

Thinking about it, i don't it's really the animation but more of the art style used.

#53 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 2 2010, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at all with this ending the animators are showing once again that Sakura does't love Sasuke romantically anymore that she has moved on from him to Naruto. Just like Kishi has shown it dozens of times in his manga, of course like I said certain fandoms won't agree and they will think the opposite. rolleyes.gif

But the lyrics state otherwise, i see your connections. but the lyrics state she seems to still miss him? but i seem to be overanaylyzing the ending tongue.gif haha

#54 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Jul 2 2010, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the lyrics state otherwise, i see your connections. but the lyrics state she seems to still miss him? but i seem to be overanaylyzing the ending tongue.gif haha

Of course Sakura may not love Sasuke romantically anymore but that doesn't mean she doesn't care for him anymore as a friend and teammate. She loves him as a dear friend like Naruto she cherish and cares a lot for her teammate bond with team seven. That's another thing that Naruto and Sakura have in common.

Edited by Gravenimage, 02 July 2010 - 05:45 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#55 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

the problem with the ending for me would have to be, how did as a child did sakura convince sasuke to go see fireworks with her?he wasn't a very social guy. that's why i see naruto being a more likely chin. But the song doesn't suggest that's him at all
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#56 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (StrawberryAcappella @ Jul 2 2010, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the problem with the ending for me would have to be, how did as a child did sakura convince sasuke to go see fireworks with her?he wasn't a very social guy. that's why i see naruto being a more likely chin. But the song doesn't suggest that's him at all

Dude it's just an ending. It's not supposed to be canon. I mean the ending with Hinata on the bicycle isn't canon. It's just meant to be something to watch while the credits roll. Why are we analyzing the ending of the episode instead of the contents of the episode?

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#57 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 2 2010, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude it's just an ending. It's not supposed to be canon. I mean the ending with Hinata on the bicycle isn't canon. It's just meant to be something to watch while the credits roll. Why are we analyzing the ending of the episode instead of the contents of the episode?

Well said >.> I liked the ending--it was pretty, and it had Sakura in it. It wasn't some obvious SASUSAKU neon sign, and even if the lyrics do match Sasuke--well, she does care about him. The animators kept it subtle, so I'm not peeved. Now I wanna go rewatch it~

#58 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 2 2010, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess it's because as shippers, we tend to analyze things. It's not necessary or a bad thing or anything, it's just what we do I guess.

And to StrawberryAcappella just to try and add a background story to the ending, maybe she was just imagining a younger Sasuke along with her younger self and he wasn't there. Or maybe either he just happened to be there by himself or team 7 was at the beach and they all witnessed the fireworks.

For some reason I don't really care about naruto openings and some endings like this one make me feel depressed. I tend to like the openings and endings of other anime because they feel more epic and awesome to me. (Like Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Code Geass, One Piece, Death Note, and more) The naruto openings and endings just don't have that spark that these other anime do to me.

#59 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:52 PM

I still can't watch it >{ no internet for my laptop! <_0 I'm stuck at the library on my iPod... Someone send me a YouTube link to the ending? =D I can watch that at least.

#60 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

that was easily the worst animation I've ever seen. rofl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users