148 replies to this topic

#21 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

I told you guys they would go bank rupt after the last episode!

And man, I can see this ending getting so biased, with Narusaku and Sasusaku fans fighting over to decide whose that chin was. dry.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#22 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Personally, I don't really see the point about arguing over a chin. I was holding my comment because I wanted to see other people's opinion and I'm glad I'm not in the minority. The majority of the episode was horrible. Between the whack-a-pain part, Rocket J Pain's flying squirrel imitation, and the constipated facial expressions of Pain, it really killed most of the episode for me, until Minato showed up and saved what was really a depressing (quality-wise) episode.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#23 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

Holy kitten, what an episode.

Can't believe some of you didnt like it.

It reminded me a lot of the NaruSasu fight at the end of the first show.

Same artstyle. Great animations. Sure, it was a big filler fight, but it looked awesome. And, yeah, of course, those fast animations lack details and look strange sometimes, because they are totally different than the normal Naruto style. But hell, it looked awesome. It looked like art came to life. I can't believe that some of you can't see that.

Amazing episode. Just beautiful.

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jul 1 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same artstyle. Great animations. Sure, it was a big filler fight, but it looked awesome. And, yeah, of course, those fast animations lack details and look strange sometimes, because they are totally different than the normal Naruto style. But hell, it looked awesome. It looked like art came to life. I can't believe that some of you can't see that.

Erm, I don't want to ruin the party, but how this is supposed to be a bealtiful animation if half of the scenes pain overal appearence looked totaly irrealistic, I mean, some times his face didn't even looked human. To me this seariously looked more funny than action packed.

#25 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

When I think about Pain's faces in the episode, this pops up.

Do you think they will show Sakura healing Hinata and her thoughts in the next episode?

The episode had good animation but they over emphasized on the movements in the fight. Either they spent most of they're budget on the last episode or they made it that way intentionally for the ultimate ninja storm 2 game. I did however find the faces of Pain hilarious so I'll let it slide. So all and all, it was a good episode which was a little over exaggerated with the movements and facial expressions.

#26 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 1 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Erm, I don't want to ruin the party, but how this is supposed to be a bealtiful animation if half of the scenes pain overal appearence looked totaly irrealistic, I mean, some times his face didn't even looked human. To me this seariously looked more funny than action packed.

Well, that's just that special artsy style of animation, which use a lot of great animes. The Naruto team always switches to this animation team when a big fight scene is going on. I won't say it looks irrealistic. It's just a different style. A little bit more artsy, like I said. Also a little bit more cartoony, I admit that, but the animation is muuuuuuuch more fluid than in other episodes, so its perfect for big fast paced action scenes.

I like that style a loooot. The anime Ergo Proxy for example is almost only in that style. And I love it.

#27 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jul 1 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh I can see it perfectly fine. The previous episode when they used the other guy's art style to depict fast moving action wasn't as exaggeratedly comical as it was in this episode. It reminded like a few other people mentioned of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

I mean come on really?

Whack-a-Pain was ridiculously retarded. I mean I'm surprised they didn't start tossing out Acme products during the fight or Pain ask Naruto 9 Tails what was the best way to get to Albuquerque?

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#28 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

Who wants to play Whack a Pain?! wow.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#29 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:09 PM

I do! *whacks Pein*

#30 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

One of the funniest episode of Naruto ever.

The episodes animated by Norio Matsumoto have always been like this... fast-paced, fluid animation, with weird anatomy... but they've never been THIS ridiculous.

The scene where Minato appears was very well done, though. And the new ending is pretty.

#31 Chibi-Kyu

Chibi-Kyu

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

I loved the ending!!! So I went on youtube to see what other people thought of it, and I found this awesome comment:

"I think that this is a NaruSaku ending because in some omake there were fireworks(which looked exactly like these ones) just like in this ending... and Naruto was with Sakura and they were watching them together... then they said that they should see them again next year... I think it was some sort of hint that NaruSaku will happen... smile.gif"

I love this idea! I think it could actually be the case here
The omake that this person was referring to was shippuden ep 129 (take a look biggrin.gif)

#32 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 1 2010, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pain ask Naruto 9 Tails what was the best way to get to Albuquerque?

No, seriously, if Pain ever did that, this episode would turn in a epic win! Just think in the pure comedy this would be:

Pain: *comes out of hole* Hun, I think I shouldn't had made that turn in the iron country... Oh, I think I can ask information to that friendly fox over there!
Excuse me, do you know what is the best route to get to Albuquerque?
6 Tail Naruto: Roooaaarrrr!!!!
Pain: calm down folk! Man, this guys from big town are way too hot headed!

#33 hergirlunknown

hergirlunknown

Hyatt

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Tea , martial arts, death metal, surrealism, and sweets.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:10 PM

The lyrics have been posted with the new ending.

Honestly, this sounds more like Sakura's reflection on Sasuke. Overall, it's a sad song of reflection, nostalgia and sadness. The lyrics imply she is still holding onto a memory of Sasuke, however it has long become bitter and impossible. In a way, it's neither Narusaku or Sasusaku. Instead, it's just Sakura.

#34 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:04 AM

For a minute there I thought I was watching a bad bad filler. Most of The animation budget went to the Hinata confession. Don't get me wrong it looked cool in some way. Man, I have mix feelings about this episode.

#35 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:51 AM

OMG... I was awaiting for a good fight, yet it was all silly and rushed and UGLY!!! DX

Was there water jutsus used in the fight in the manga? NO...

Though I find "Whack-a-Pain" hilarious!!! tongue.gif Mini-game anyone? fu.png

At least the ending was nice... love it! Looks like a sequel to the beach one though a couple of episodes back.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#36 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Gaara @ Jul 1 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that's just that special artsy style of animation, which use a lot of great animes. The Naruto team always switches to this animation team when a big fight scene is going on. I won't say it looks irrealistic. It's just a different style. A little bit more artsy, like I said. Also a little bit more cartoony, I admit that, but the animation is muuuuuuuch more fluid than in other episodes, so its perfect for big fast paced action scenes.

I like that style a loooot. The anime Ergo Proxy for example is almost only in that style. And I love it.

I liked the style too. It's really edgy. And the Sasuke/Itachi fight was the similarly done.

I watched Noein a while back and some of the big fight scenes at the end were done the same way, in this distorted, fast-paced style. The lines around the bodies become jagged, and the forms themselves more fluid. It wasn't a budget decision for them, but was a creative one. Something about the lines conveying more heat and energy than nicely drawn, colored, choreographed fighting. After I found that out about Noein, I appreciated the style a lot more.

So, I'm with you Gaara. I like it a lot.

And, thinking of the subject matter in this episode, the show's hero being turned into a half-skeletized monster, I think the style was appropriate. It's a little hard to watch, the lines are so stretched and so distorted, but I think the animators wanted the viewers to feel that kind of passive tension from it.

And I bet this one cost way more than the Hinata episode to make. The action is crazy and nearly non-stop, whereas last week's had some interesting fight angles, but was otherwise fairly normal (except the glowy hair). I mean, better animated than normal, but not widely divergent from all the previous episodes like this one was.

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 1 2010, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whack-a-Pain was ridiculously retarded. I mean I'm surprised they didn't start tossing out Acme products during the fight or Pain ask Naruto 9 Tails what was the best way to get to Albuquerque?

A left. Should'a taken a left at Albuquerque. laugh.gif

And I thought some of the scenery was straight out of Road Runner, myself. Pain was employing some Acme No Jutsu on Wylie Kyuubi, fer sure.

Edited by tricksie, 02 July 2010 - 02:00 AM.

#37 StrawberryAcappella

StrawberryAcappella

If you can’t convince them, confuse them

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:A lot of fandom shiznit. I literally just read fanfiction and search the internet for fandom related things all day, even at school on my phone. My current love is Sherlock, but my long time love is Naruto. When im not doing what im supposed to im also practicing something musical~ because the classical variety of music making is tiresome...

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:54 AM

i thought that the ending of the episode when naruto and minato met looked really well animated the rest was, meh. and the animation for the new ending seems like it would go to a different anime all together
My Awesome Birthday Banner My friend Made me!!!!

#38 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (hergirlunknown @ Jul 1 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The lyrics have been posted with the new ending.

Honestly, this sounds more like Sakura's reflection on Sasuke. Overall, it's a sad song of reflection, nostalgia and sadness. The lyrics imply she is still holding onto a memory of Sasuke, however it has long become bitter and impossible. In a way, it's neither Narusaku or Sasusaku. Instead, it's just Sakura.

I highly doubt that she has lingering romantic feelings for Sasuke and moved on a long time ago. I'm just going to assume that that memory she is holding onto (according to the ending lyrics) is that of a platonic friendship and a teammate. The reflection of Sasuke being a good guy, the nostalgia of team 7 going on missions, and the sadness of Sasuke going on his destructive path of revenge. I think she cares for Sasuke as a friend and teammate and wants to bring him back for his own good and because she knows how much Naruto cares about him like a brother and best friend and wants to see him happy as much as Naruto wants to see her happy.

I should stop blabbing and shut up now. sweatdrop.gif

#39 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:42 AM

Man poor kishi, they spent the money on Hinata and not on six tail fight yeesh.

Also the ending I think is an inflection point for Sakura, while the person looks like Sasuke, the sky kinda (to me) looks like a rasengan and the windmils. Mostly just a Sakura ending.

Edited by Insurrection, 03 July 2010 - 05:23 AM.

#40 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

Dammit! Dx can't watch it yet! I have no Internet for my laptop... Till tomorrow(?) stupid
movin company... Anyway, I wanna see it rawr.gif and whack-a-pain? Really? :| Im imaging it as the reincarnation of bugs bunny 111189.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users