205 replies to this topic

#21 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:02 PM

You know it's almost funny how the anime team gets away with this. If they continue doing NH and Kishi makes NS cannon, then they would find themselves in one hell of a mess for not doing a better job building up potential NS cannon with filler (like they should).

#22 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 24 2010, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know it's almost funny how the anime team gets away with this. If they continue doing NH and Kishi makes NS cannon, then they would find themselves in one hell of a mess for not doing a better job building up potential NS cannon with filler (like they should).

Once again interesting. specially if they mess up. Should teach them to not let their preferences into their jobs. If it happens it will be so awkward.

Edited by Whirlpool-Maelstrom, 24 June 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

They should be very well aware of the N/S development since the beginning of the manga who knows maybe this is really the final N/H moment after this it will be N/S heaven in both canon material and filler material. For example after Sakura's confession I'm sure that there will be filler parts where she's acting by her feelings being more affectionate to Naruto.

Edited by Gravenimage, 24 June 2010 - 06:13 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

I don't know should I just die off laughing at the entire episode or go on full blast with this.

Pierrot totally screw up the flashbacks again, big time, like they did with the Konohamaru episode. Except it was way worse than that.

I mean, c'mon, now they gave Hinata the same treatment Sakura had in the past (teased and bullied because of their looks), the hell why they chose that route?! The only acceptable part was the harsh treatment from her father (which was canon), but adding more harshment to her is basically silly and we can definitely see why Naruto and Sakura are mad from last week's omake. facepalm.png Oh and Hinata's younger self (before she graduated from the Academy) just basically scream "LOLICON!!!~" seriously... hm.png

The confession/fight part, however, wasn't that bad IMO, but still, they extend the scene like crazy and most of it was just useless drama (and adding Naruto's main quote didn't help it better). Though, they didn't add the shock value on Naruto's face until the very end when Pain pushed Hinata upwards instead of to the side, there was none of it when she said "I love you"... I guess you can say it's about closure for Hinata's development and it's acceptable for her seeing Naruto as a role model (which was basically is from Kishimoto's POV, yet some people don't get the message). Even though the crazy fandom is having a field day with this episode (watch when we get comments like "OH!! Now Hinata got some treatment with those scenes in this episode, this basically scream canon for NaruHina!!!" nonsense), don't get carry away with the bashing.

Oh, by the time we get to Sakura's confession and encounter with Sasuke, Graven, they're going to extend and replace the flashbacks with more SasuSaku to add more drama for the scene (and even more drama for us >_> )

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

*sigh* seriously can something be more over dramatized with filler material then it already is.

Im torqued off enough as it is with the anime team nixing the You saved me Karin scene from the Hachibi fight. its bad eniough when they misinterpret a scene but worse when they out right choose to edit out a scene in its enitrety. But its a hundred times worse when they take a scene that honestly isnt that importance and turn it into the second coming for goodness sakes.

the angel halo effect in her hair was overblown and ridiculously cheesey, as was the "'oops i hiccouphed and she landed an --ineffecual-- hit on me Ohnoes!.

sheesh what are they gonna do next edit down the hug scene to a mere split second and have Sakura shuddering as if shes hugging toxic waste??
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#26 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 24 2010, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know should I just die off laughing at the entire episode.

Pierrot totally screw up the flashbacks again, big time, like they did with the Konohamaru episode. Except it was way worse than that.

I mean, c'mon, now they gave Hinata the same treatment Sakura had in the past (teased and bullied because of their looks), the hell why they chose that route?! The only acceptable part was the harsh treatment from her father (which was canon), but adding more harshment to her is basically silly and we can definitely see why Naruto and Sakura are mad from last week's omake. facepalm.png Oh and Hinata's younger self (before she graduated from the Academy) just basically scream "LOLICON!!!~" seriously... hm.png

The confession/fight part, however, wasn't that bad IMO, but still, they extend the scene like crazy. Though, they didn't add the shock value on Naruto's face until the very end when Pain pushed Hinata upwards instead of downwards, there was none of it when she said "I love you"... I guess you can say it's about closure for Hinata's development and it's acceptable for her seeing Naruto as a role model (which was basically is from Kishimoto, yet some people don't get the message). Even though the crazy fandom is having a field day with this episode (watch when we get comments like "OH!! Now Hinata got some treatment with those scenes in this episode, this basically scream canon for NaruHina!!!" nonsense), don't get carry away with the bashing.

Oh, by the time we get to Sakura's confession and encounter with Sasuke, Graven, they're going to extend and replace the flashbacks with more SasuSaku to add more drama for the scene (and even more drama for us >_> )

You noticed too, this basically made Hinata into their goddess it's nothing good. This is why NaruSaku has manga and NaruHina does not. We believe fillers don't matter, they do, but this is too obnoxious to ignore, they didn't just filler the episode they effectively wrote off the manga like it was nothing. It's an insult. If we aren't the only ones NaruSaku fans who watch the anime in Japan probably are as annoyed as we are.

Edited by Insurrection, 24 June 2010 - 06:29 PM.

#27 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 24 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know should I just die off laughing at the entire episode or go on full blast with this.

The confession/fight part, however, wasn't that bad IMO, but still, they extend the scene like crazy and most of it was just useless drama (and adding Naruto's main quote didn't help it better). Though, they didn't add the shock value on Naruto's face until the very end when Pain pushed Hinata upwards instead of to the side, there was none of it when she said "I love you"... I guess you can say it's about closure for Hinata's development and it's acceptable for her seeing Naruto as a role model (which was basically is from Kishimoto's POV, yet some people don't get the message). Even though the crazy fandom is having a field day with this episode (watch when we get comments like "OH!! Now Hinata got some treatment with those scenes in this episode, this basically scream canon for NaruHina!!!" nonsense), don't get carry away with the bashing.

I have a strong feeling that you're right Derock. facepalm.png shamefulcry0js.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#28 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

Episode was meh too me, like everyone said, they kinda overdid it on the confession part, but then again they just want to appeal to the NH fanbase I suppose. dry.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#29 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

I just got this crazy (impossible) idea for all this s***: what if they (kishi and pierrot) made a deal in which NH would be cannon in the anime and NS would be cannon in the manga.
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#30 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Jun 24 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got this crazy (impossible) idea for all this s***: what if they (kishi and pierrot) made a deal in which NH would be cannon in the anime and NS would be cannon in the manga.

Nah Efra Kishi is no sell out he's not going to make any agreement with Pierot, besides there are already tons of N/S moments in the anime than N/H so don't worry about it.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#31 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

I know, I just can't understand it but oh well, I can't wait for the part of sakura healing hinata rolleyes.gif
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#32 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

Yeah I want to see that part too Sakura healing Hinata and booby shoots! wow.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#33 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

All I have to say after watching that episode, "HOLY kitten!" After the first filler flashback I knew i was not going to like the direction the rest of the episode was going to take, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Well, I was but that was more like a part of my was soul dying. But I digress...

It was nice watching the 5mins that was actually dedicated to the canon Manga material opposed to the 15+ minutes of the Hinata-fanatical filler. Because after the 3rd or 4th flashback (I really lost count), I just wanted Pain to kill her. I mean seriously they laid it on really, really thick.

I think it would have been more subtler if they just changed the episode title to ""I love hinata" from the anime studio."

I know everyone hopes that Sakura gets equal treatment when her confession part comes up, I honestly hope it doesn't. Because this episodes proves how horribly overblown a simple touching moment in the manga, can be.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#34 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:52 PM

Half of the episode was filler. down.gif

Worst of all, I'll have to watch it again when it comes out on the english dub! arg.gif

And little Hinata looked more creepy then cute, I'm not trying to bash her or anything but she looked EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh1.png

When I saw the scene with Hinata and Hanabi sparing I couldn't help but think "OWNED" and then imaging the kicked in your chest scene from the boondocks.

I doubt that they'll tamper with the Sakura's hug scene, confession scene, and her encounter with Sasuke after his fight with Danzo. Didn't they say in last weeks omake that they were just Hinata fans? They didn't say they here naruhina fans. They can't really change much of the manga material without Kishimoto's approval and so many evidence pointing to narusaku. If they showed an ending dedicated to Sakura and narusaku when it's never bean done before then what makes you think that they'll mess up with the future narusaku moments guys?

There were narusaku moments in the third shippuden movie and there even seems to be some narusaku moments in the forth shippuden movie! kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

EDIT: Also from the looks of the preview for the next episode, I'd say that the episodes after that and the one with the hug scene will have animation just as good as this episode.

Edited by K9ofChaos, 24 June 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#35 tojot

tojot

Day of Sagittarius

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

*Groans* NaruHina Fans are already becoming unbearable. I don't know haw many NH images I have had to delete from my inbox at DeviantART because I belong to a Naruto Fanclub. dry.gif

And since the episode came out recently all of these images are horrible (i.e. screenshots with a photoshop filter placed on it to make it "original") dry.gif

#36 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

I also forgot about to talk about the animation. It sucked like garbage.

And I was right when I said a couple of weeks ago the animation is going to look like crap and it did. Everyone thought Hinata will get special animation to make her look all perfect and everything, and yet, looking at this, she wasn't. She was okay in her present form, but as I said before, her as a child in those flashbacks, it screamed "LOLICON!~" Never once did I saw anyone else with that design in the Naruto episodes containing flashbacks of the Academy days. Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Kiba, Chouji, hell even Sasuke didn't look like shota/lolicon-style children.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#37 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

I noticed that too!
Seriously, WTF is wrong with this episode? Enough with that confession. THUMBS DOWN...

#38 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

I wonder what the non-NaruHina fans thought, not pro-NS just overall non-NH. So much for special animation, Derock is right, LOLICON!

Edited by Insurrection, 24 June 2010 - 10:38 PM.

#39 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

They must have hated this episode... Maybe they just wanted to give some hopes to NH fans and make 'em happy.

#40 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jun 24 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was nice watching the 5mins that was actually dedicated to the canon Manga material opposed to the 15+ minutes of the Hinata-fanatical filler. Because after the 3rd or 4th flashback (I really lost count), I just wanted Pain to kill her. I mean seriously they laid it on really, really thick.

I think it would have been more subtler if they just changed the episode title to ""I love hinata" from the anime studio."

They were the ones who turned Hinata into the dreaded "Mary-Sue" in the horrendous part 1 fillers, it's their last chance to Mary-Sue her so they turned it up to "over 9000".

It's been clear since the start of part 2 the studio knows Sakura and Naruto are the canon couple, and really, even
in part 1 they never really pushed anything that really read as naruhina in those awful fillers-just Mary-Suing Hinata out the wahzoo and making her a fanservice object.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users