• Please log in to reply
54173 replies to this topic

#50241 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:59 PM

Its funny, because even though I STILL did not get a chance to start writing this epic I have in mind, its still in my head. I'm feel like Masashi at the moment.  I have a beginning, a middle and an end but I'm still processing the in-between.  But anyway, but after that, it will lead to a full fleshed reboot. Tricksie, you just mentioned the following girls, Fu (jinchuriki) and Samui, the girls I felt that needed spotlight they deserved instead of the Sasuke dominant-spotlight and Hinata worshiping. Fu is the girl I want to bring back because her design was interesting. I'm mad that Masashi did not get a chance to have her shine because she has legitimacy to be an intriguing character to the audience. Samui reminded me of Android 18, expression-wise, but she can work as well, in designs and abilities. I'm disappointed that Masashi didn't push her as the next Oppai like Tsunade because he did had some time to work on it (but then again, he had those Hinata-fans behind the scenes as his editors and Pierrot).

I don't know when I will work on the epic. I'm still in brainstorming mode, especially with character interactions, an important OC and her role, the villain (need to think of a design still, got the personality and goals though), the dynamics and story progression, and (I'll have to admit this), where the hell Boruto and the spawns/BS storyline currently active, fit into this.  But the themes are done.

Yeah, writing is hard like that. It's like making a giant dot-to-dot picture. Where some of the dots are big and easy to see, and some of them haven't even been drawn in yet. In writing, some scenes are there in blazing color, while other in-between scenes just haven't materialized yet...and you are somehow supposed to connect all those dots to make an image/story that other people can actually recognize and understand!!  :lol: Sometimes writing the big stuff down makes the little stuff fill in faster. But I feel ya. It's hard.

And once you start writing in the Narutoverse, you realize just how lacking of characters there are. Only a few get real plot lines. So it makes it difficult to expand a universe when you realize that they may be ninjas...but the threats are super-localized to the main characters. We're told the rest of the nins go out and have strife with other nations, but we'ver never shown it. In Naruto, it's all defeat the big bad, and you win the world! lol. In writing this, I've found that creating other character interactions — like your new villain — was much more important that I ever thought. And that all takes time to develop. Keep at it! I think the fan works are so much better than the original manga!

As for Fu and Samui....yes, yes, yes. So much more there. I was so excited to see new and interesting female characters, just to have them killed (Fu) or forgotten about (Samui). And wasn't there was an image in the manga of Tsunade and Konan staring each other down? And the anime with Sakura punching Konan in one of the openings? Really seemed like there was going to be some interaction there. A new story arc for either Tsunade or Sakura. But, uh...no. So much lost potential with those characters. 

Funny thing is that, given how Fu is described in profiles and what little she was able to say in the manga, she actually seems like someone who would probably very quickly be great friends with Naruto, which is a very good foundation to eventually build up into a romantic relationship. Not to mention that, as a fellow, Jinchuriki, she would, like Naruto was with Gaara, know and understand precisely the kind of life he lived whereas Hinatatas to this day most likely has zero idea, much less understanding, and even Sakura wouldn't completely get.

So, in one of my fics, I have a Naruto/Fu pairing for a little while. What would it be like if Naruto got to be with someone like himself? Would they hit it off, or knock heads? Would they work out well together or get sick of each other? Or be ultra competitive? (In my fic, he and Fu really hit it off, but ultimately the experience ends up maturing Naruto because he gets to see his own boisterous personality from the outside.) And you're exactly right - Naruto would likely gravitate toward another life-of-the-party like him. Not a wallflower like Hinata. 

Obviously, I feel the only reason Hinata was settled on is Studio Pierrot majorly and likely his editors at Shueisha, as well as a lot of the fans in America, with Studio Pierrot's bias against Sakura being evident, they felt as it was that Kishimoto wouldn't care if he adjusted his whole damn story to fit their own interests, only for their plan to try to manipulate what Naruto as a series is all about backfiring spectacularly because of their assumption everyone was gonna enjoy the ending they wanted.

But nope! What we got was a huge mess that contradicts canon, turns Naruto into the worst scumbag as Japanese fans have called him, made Sakura into a horrible woman who never seemed to love Naruto at all even after all she was shown and all she had done for him up until the ending, and other things. 

And as said earlier, it's why we see whenever Naruto has appeared, he's in his Ninja War design and with his powers as they are from the fight with Kaguya. It's the case I've seen a lot of times, and even games like Naruto x Boruto focus so much on old school Naruto, yet they don't address the reasons besides the ending of Naruto that Boruto: Naruto Next Generations isn't popular; it is also heavily due to how bratty Boruto is, even if Naruto doesn't help it because of the fact it feels like since his "family" has cost him so much in a lot of ways, like Himawari's temper tantrum at Boruto accidentally ripping her teddy bear during Naruto's inauguration leading her to Gentle Fist him out cold for the WHOLE THING. But that's just speculation on my fault that he's using work as an excuse to avoid his family.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. To all of it. I think they gave in and picked the fans they had the most hope of making profit off of in the future. NH won. And Naruto, in the end, became a parody of everything he wanted to be in the beginning. And Boruto's attitude makes no sense, whereas Naruto's when he was a kid did. But then again, the pairings, their personalities and actions...none of it makes any sense anymore.  :err: We're just stuck with it. 

#50242 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, writing is hard like that. It's like making a giant dot-to-dot picture. Where some of the dots are big and easy to see, and some of them haven't even been drawn in yet. In writing, some scenes are there in blazing color, while other in-between scenes just haven't materialized yet...and you are somehow supposed to connect all those dots to make an image/story that other people can actually recognize and understand!!  :lol: Sometimes writing the big stuff down makes the little stuff fill in faster. But I feel ya. It's hard.

And once you start writing in the Narutoverse, you realize just how lacking of characters there are. Only a few get real plot lines. So it makes it difficult to expand a universe when you realize that they may be ninjas...but the threats are super-localized to the main characters. We're told the rest of the nins go out and have strife with other nations, but we'ver never shown it. In Naruto, it's all defeat the big bad, and you win the world! lol. In writing this, I've found that creating other character interactions — like your new villain — was much more important that I ever thought. And that all takes time to develop. Keep at it! I think the fan works are so much better than the original manga!

As for Fu and Samui....yes, yes, yes. So much more there. I was so excited to see new and interesting female characters, just to have them killed (Fu) or forgotten about (Samui). And wasn't there was an image in the manga of Tsunade and Konan staring each other down? And the anime with Sakura punching Konan in one of the openings? Really seemed like there was going to be some interaction there. A new story arc for either Tsunade or Sakura. But, uh...no. So much lost potential with those characters.

Oh yes. And when getting to those said dots, it has to make sense to the reading audience. One thing is that is also important is that I don't want to drag it long that it will bore the audience to get to the major points.

Another thing that I'm also trying to do with character interactions is the differences of idioms, slang, etc to foreign languages. For example, one scene (I will spoiled here) is when my OC tells Sakura off about her "so-called" marriage condition with Sasuke which "almost" lead to a fight, sort to speak. I was thinking in American English but the thing is, I'm not sure if a Japanese reader will understand the term(s) and lingo of my OC's dialogue.  It has me questioning, "Ok, do they understand it? Do my audience knows what is she talking about?"  Another scene features later on will reference a nursery rhyme (also a name of a song too).

But yeah, there is potential, and I want to start it as soon as possible. Ideas kept following and I'm trying to do it in 3 parts, most of it is on the first bunch. I visualize it (but for some reason I see it as a movie) and keep it in my head. If I start writing it down, its in the final phase.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#50243 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

I was thinking about it because I remembered that Shion character...and I can't rememer any other filler character. But I remember her. And it's funny, until she was side-by-side with Hinata, I did remember her looking so similar. But it's crazy! They're like identical filler characters!!  :D

Anyway, it made me wonder if there was some positive feedback on her as a pairing for Naruto, and maybe they kept that in mind when they shifted to Hinata. Because of ALL the cool/scary/fierce female characters in ALL the Naruto universe, why on earth did they settle on Hinata? 

You know? Why her

She's marginally attractive, marginally powerful. But, overall, she's 'Meh.' Her most endearing quality is that she's SAFE. She doesn't threaten anyone in any way. 

I get that she's the anti-Sakura. But really, when you think about it, in the whole of the Naruto-verse, there were so many other powerful cool female leads that could have brought so much more to the story.

The cute blue-haired jinchuriki.
The badass blonde captain from the Cloud village. 
You could make any number of combinations of outright attractiveness or hidden beauty, with wild powers and scary techniques. 

They could have engineered another awesome female lead, even at the end of the story.

Which makes me wonder, did they go back through Naruto, see which characters clicked popularity-wise, then give Hinata a little more of those aspects. Enough to make her look like she evolved in some small way, but not enough to make her threatening.  

Because in the end, even Shion would have made more sense with Naruto than Hinata.

The one thing I’ll never understand is if Hinata was the intended love interest for as long as people say, why on earth did Kishimoto do nothing with them during the Team 8 arc? There was plenty of chances for meaningful interaction and we got none. It didn’t even have to be romantic. Just something to deepen there bond or at least suggest some kind of mutual interest. I think there was a rehash of her fainting, which is the main manga in a nutshell. It repeated the same stuff it established in part 1, but never did anything to move the ball. Just restatements. That Team 8 arc neglect (and 297) are the biggest reason I’ve never been able to buy the idea it was intended all along.

#50244 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:38 AM

The one thing I’ll never understand is if Hinata was the intended love interest for as long as people say, why on earth did Kishimoto do nothing with them during the Team 8 arc? There was plenty of chances for meaningful interaction and we got none. It didn’t even have to be romantic. Just something to deepen there bond or at least suggest some kind of mutual interest. I think there was a rehash of her fainting, which is the main manga in a nutshell. It repeated the same stuff it established in part 1, but never did anything to move the ball. Just restatements. That Team 8 arc neglect (and 297) are the biggest reason I’ve never been able to buy the idea it was intended all along.

What's worse about the neglect and how damning it is against the whole "planned" excuse is that it is shown that everyone KNEW how irrelevant Team 8 was overall in that they eventually made it a running joke that Shino, the one who probably had some of the most page/screen-time of Team 8, is constantly unnoticed / ignored / etc. and he gets bummed out and sulks about it.

2e5.gif

#50245 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:52 AM

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. To all of it. I think they gave in and picked the fans they had the most hope of making profit off of in the future. NH won. And Naruto, in the end, became a parody of everything he wanted to be in the beginning. And Boruto's attitude makes no sense, whereas Naruto's when he was a kid did. But then again, the pairings, their personalities and actions...none of it makes any sense anymore.  :err: We're just stuck with it. 

Took the words out of my mouth. Thank God we got fanfiction to escape from this nightmare. 

#50246 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:41 PM

The whole "It's been planned since the very beginning." or "It's been planned since 6 years ago." or any other nonsense excuse was really invented for fools to believe. Anyone with half a brain can easily look at the manga and realize that nothing was really planned in the long run, especially the ending itself.

I honestly think that beyond having a Naruto against Sasuke fight at the end, nothing else was even considered.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#50247 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

The whole "It's been planned since the very beginning." or "It's been planned since 6 years ago." or any other nonsense excuse was really invented for fools to believe. Anyone with half a brain can easily look at the manga and realize that nothing was really planned in the long run, especially the ending itself.

I honestly think that beyond having a Naruto against Sasuke fight at the end, nothing else was even considered.

I wouldn't be surprised if (one of) the original intent(s) was for Pein to be the final, ultimate enemy (with the whole "the Rinnegan is the strongest doujutsu" talk, the capturing of Biju / Jinchuriki, and the way Naruto is celebrated afterwards), which would then leave the path open for Naruto to find and confront Sasuke and have an actual meaningful final fight between them as opposed to how pathetic Naruto was made to look due to his obsession with "saving" Sasuke and then constant Uchiha and Sharingan wanking leading into the whole "change the system" crap that doesn't truly go anywhere, and everything in-between, then perhaps they could work together to take down Itachi (without all the stupid double agent crap) thus giving Sasuke closure and could return with Naruto and accept responsibility for what he did and such.

And the fact that Itachi only has the Mangekyo Sharingan and not the Rinnegan would be offset by Itachi's - as was boasted since his name started coming up - pure skill.

2e5.gif

#50248 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if (one of) the original intent(s) was for Pein to be the final, ultimate enemy (with the whole "the Rinnegan is the strongest doujutsu" talk, the capturing of Biju / Jinchuriki, and the way Naruto is celebrated afterwards), which would then leave the path open for Naruto to find and confront Sasuke and have an actual meaningful final fight between them as opposed to how pathetic Naruto was made to look due to his obsession with "saving" Sasuke and then constant Uchiha and Sharingan wanking leading into the whole "change the system" crap that doesn't truly go anywhere, and everything in-between, then perhaps they could work together to take down Itachi (without all the stupid double agent crap) thus giving Sasuke closure and could return with Naruto and accept responsibility for what he did and such.

And the fact that Itachi only has the Mangekyo Sharingan and not the Rinnegan would be offset by Itachi's - as was boasted since his name started coming up - pure skill.

Highly possible, I mean looking back at that arc it did end in a way that it could be viewed as the final chapter with the implication that more might come.

It was a nice way of ending it without putting an end to it.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#50249 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:27 PM

The thing is, it's hard to believe it was intended all along simply because it's hard to believe anything was intended. The manga would shift directions on a dime and never really built to anything. I think it was very much a "plot as you go" series.

I get the feeling that the original intent for an ending changed at least four times and nothing was ever planned beyond a final fight between Naruto and Sasuka. Orochimaru was built up for a long time in the manga as the main enemy and his actions drove a lot of the plot for a good while, enough it seemed clear he was going to be the "final boss". He was cast aside. Akatsuki stepped up and they built the leader/Pein for a while, but the actual group came off like kind of a joke, Pein was talk no jutsued into undoing anything he'd accomplished and it was all just forgotten. Then we got Tobi and the whole Madara thing and it just got out of hand from there.

bd5.jpg

#50250 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:05 AM

So I just found this HILARIOUS review from someone who's pretty much a pro-ender on Mangaupdates.

I will be short.

A lot of things could be said of this manga. I still remember watching Naruto anime as a kid, even though I don't really like the Shippuden LOL
People say it gets worse, I think it's just different by the end than at the beginning. The main points are not the same.
I agree that Sasuke and Naruto's conflict was dragged too long, and from my perspective, their fight should have been more epic and long... it was not enough for me. The 4th war arc seemed really long while reading it when we had to wait until next chapter, but if you reread it now that you don't have to stop in the middle... It almost feels like it's short hahaha
Naruto has changed a lot throught the years, but each part of the manga has its charms for me.
At first is more comical and the main point was Naruto trying to obtain the recognition of te village... and also the Kakashi team. Those two things were the middle of everything.
Then we get throught Akatsuki and Sasuke's conflict. I really liked it, because it was more emotional and intense.
When we get to the end, topics like war, peace and hate come around. At it was interesting too. Different.
It's possible that you like more the beginning, or the ending or the middle part... but they are all different and that makes this manga really good for me. You don't get tired of it.
I see a lot of people talking about the couples... I don't think that's the important thing of Naruto ending hahaha pat I will give my point of view:

Sasuke and Sakura being together seems natural for me... It's true that it could have been better explained... I still think that the "Sasuke problem's ending" was too rushed... but well. I think they end together because Sakura never stopped loving him, and at the end that makes him love her back. Sakura and Naruto? That doesn't make sense, would have been stupid. She never looked him that way. Why insist on making two good friends a couple when it's obvious there's nothing?

Naruto and Hinata was obvious since the beginning... and more since the Pain and Naruto fight. From that point those two had some "moments" that confirmed this was gonna be the outcome. I dind' find it surprising at all.

I read people saying it was absurd that Chouji married Karui. Why?? Chouji never showed interest in any particular way, and I found this outcome a smart way of uniting different ninja countries. 

Sai and Ino? Not a crazy ending for me, either. Ino was never gonna end with Sasuke, that was 100% for sure hahaha And Sai is somewhat like Sasuke... but completely different, you get me? Those two had one funny moment when Sai called her "gorgeous" implying she was ungly lololol and then she imagined him and Sasuke fighting over her.

Sasuke and Sakura were natural?! It didn't make sense that Sakura and Naruto would have ended up together? NARUTO AND HINATA WERE OBVIOUS FROM THE START!?

Jesus, are pro-enders this stupid?

Edited by jak123, 21 February 2019 - 12:05 AM.

#50251 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

Yes.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#50252 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:45 AM

So I just found this HILARIOUS review from someone who's pretty much a pro-ender on Mangaupdates.

Sasuke and Sakura were natural?! It didn't make sense that Sakura and Naruto would have ended up together? NARUTO AND HINATA WERE OBVIOUS FROM THE START!?

Well do you try to debate civilly with them and it always ends up with them saying, "shut up, my pairing won!"? Or how about "you are just salty your pairing never came true"? Exactly. :zaru: :th_yeah:

And same old same old. Sakura always loved Sasuke, Hinata always loved Naruto. You know what these arguments are, besides "lazy?" Sexist. On both the guys and gals. the women are defined by who their first loves are and NOTHING ELSE. they must get with their first loves otherwise their involvement in the plot is pointless. They have no goals in life nor purpose in the story than to "walk down the isle to become Mrs. Uzumaki/Mrs. Uchiha". The men's feelings don't count or matter. Naruto always loved Sakura but I guess that doesn't matter because he must notice the shy girl that always held a torch for him even though she did NOTHING to ease his loneliness and being hated by the village. Sasuke did not love Sakura until she wore him down to give her a baby. CHAPTER 693 OUTRIGHT CONFIRMS THIS. Anyone here sees Sasuke's lines in that chapter as "I love her so I must keep her out of my life, I don't deserve her?" I guess pro-enders see it that way.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What I saw was "Why does she even love me? She is deluding herself with some fairy tale."

And the the whole "oh Naruto and Sakura are just friends argument. Again, "lazy". And so what if they are friends? That is WAY MORE that either of them can even claim to be with their TRUE LOVES. Naruto ignores Hinata and never spends time with her after "knocking her up", so their relationship was like it has always been which is her only being in the back of his mind until it calls to his attention that she exists. Sasuke left Sakura to fend for herself and his daughter for over a decade and never bothered to visit or check up on them. Again this relationship is exactly how it how it was before the ending and when he last left to go with Orochimaru, him giving no "$#!%s" for this woman throwing herself at his feet. These are seriously the romances that these pro-ending fans were always imagining? The spouses just tolerate and acknowledge their marriages because there are bound by it? No romance anymore, no intimate communication at all, and the fathers not even bothering to bond with their kids unless the plot "demands it?"

And I seriously would love to ask these defenders of this just friends argument "okay so you always had only platonic feelings for your opposite sex friends? You were never attracted to any of them and only see them as a brother or sister? So why are some of you SOOO INFURIATED by this  thing called "friend zoning" that you project on to these fictional characters? Friend zoning was never even a thing then, because you can never be attracted to a friend nor will EVER move past friendship. So Sasuke sees Sakura as a friend so he was never attracted to her, right? And Naruto sees Hinata as a friend and was never attracted to her either, yes? Neither guy indicates that they were love struck with their respective ladies early on did they, so are they friends or are they strangers? Ultimately, either stop using "just friends" as an excuse for when it conveniences you or acknowledge that "just friends" works "both ways", so YOUR PREFERENCE OF SHIPPING is also a fallacy.

Naruto and Sakura may be friends but HEY do you see Hinata supporting Naruto's dream? Does she ever encourage Naruto's Dream of becoming Hokage or offer her support of Bringing Sasuke back or does she just tell herself what a hunky man-candy Naruto is because of his showing inner strength and determination that she vicariously wants due to her OWN LACK OF A SPINE? Does Hinata ever encourage Naruto when he is down or depressed? Does she show to to improve herself in any way because Naruto inspires her and makes her self stronger as a person (like typical love interests do in this scenario)? Did Sasuke ever become a pillar of emotional support for Sakura? does he ever consider her happiness and puts it above his own? Sure he protected her in the forest of death but so did Rock Lee and Naruto also saved her from being killed here and there so that means nothing.

So in short, do these canon couples have any EMOTIONAL CONNECTION to each other? I don't see it. Do you? Naruto and Sakura showed that plenty of times during the manga's run but never with the two that they are supposed to be "in love with". and it is always Emotional connection that is the foundation of a romantic relationship. Even if you are  just physically attracted to someone and it works out, if there is no emotional connection the relationship is pointless. And Again I see none of that with the so called Planned form the beginning NaruHina and definitely not with SasukSaku. NaruSaku on the other hand has evidence spread across the entire run of the series. End of debate.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 May 2019 - 12:23 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#50253 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

A man and woman can be friends, best friends even. But there will come a time where it feels like something else. Maybe this only lasts for a moment. But it could just as easily last forever.

#50254 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:03 PM

Oh yes. And when getting to those said dots, it has to make sense to the reading audience. One thing is that is also important is that I don't want to drag it long that it will bore the audience to get to the major points.

Another thing that I'm also trying to do with character interactions is the differences of idioms, slang, etc to foreign languages. For example, one scene (I will spoiled here) is when my OC tells Sakura off about her "so-called" marriage condition with Sasuke which "almost" lead to a fight, sort to speak. I was thinking in American English but the thing is, I'm not sure if a Japanese reader will understand the term(s) and lingo of my OC's dialogue.  It has me questioning, "Ok, do they understand it? Do my audience knows what is she talking about?"  Another scene features later on will reference a nursery rhyme (also a name of a song too).

But yeah, there is potential, and I want to start it as soon as possible. Ideas kept following and I'm trying to do it in 3 parts, most of it is on the first bunch. I visualize it (but for some reason I see it as a movie) and keep it in my head. If I start writing it down, its in the final phase.

Yeah, writing a story based in a mythicized fuedal Japanese world that has an international fanbase is uniquely difficult. You always have to ask that question, 'is this going to be understood?' Weird American phrases, slang, conversational style of speaking...it just doesn't go over well in text. Sure, someone may say "um" a dozen times in an uncomfortable exchange in real life, but you sure don't want to read 12 'uh' and 'ums' in one paragraph. As well as other weirdo sayings that may be common where you live — 'hot as all get out' (SE) or 'wicked pisser' (NE) — but try understanding them if English is your second or third language, or it's been run through google translate! That might stop a reader in his or her tracks.

Honestly, it's something that you have to think about if your write online serialized fics. Not something you worry about if your book is a published paperback sold at the local bookstore!

#50255 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:30 PM

The thing is, it's hard to believe it was intended all along simply because it's hard to believe anything was intended. The manga would shift directions on a dime and never really built to anything. I think it was very much a "plot as you go" series.

I get the feeling that the original intent for an ending changed at least four times and nothing was ever planned beyond a final fight between Naruto and Sasuka. Orochimaru was built up for a long time in the manga as the main enemy and his actions drove a lot of the plot for a good while, enough it seemed clear he was going to be the "final boss". He was cast aside. Akatsuki stepped up and they built the leader/Pein for a while, but the actual group came off like kind of a joke, Pein was talk no jutsued into undoing anything he'd accomplished and it was all just forgotten. Then we got Tobi and the whole Madara thing and it just got out of hand from there.

And then they brought Orochimaru BACK at the very end with Sasuke stupidly intentionally doing so through Anko's Curse Seal, and so it actually made us HOPE that he would be some sort of wild card that would throw a wrench into Madara's plans with his own plans (before they pulled Kaguya out the @$$), especially with the reveal that he had (somehow) figured out the truth of things before ditching Akatsuki and his outright declaration that he STILL wanted to take over Sasuke's body,...only to just drop all of that, follow Sasuke, and magically succeed in getting immortality with no explanation (as usual).

Well do you try to debate civilly with them and it always ends up with them saying, "shut up, my pairing won!"? Or how about "you are just salty your pairing never came true"? Exactly. :zaru: :th_yeah:

And same old same old. Sakura always loved Sasuke, Hinata always loved Naruto. You know what these arguments are, besides "lazy?" Sexist. On both the guys and gals. the women are defined by who their first loves are and NOTHING ELSE. they must get with their first loves otherwise their involvement in the plot is pointless. They have no goals in life nor purpose in the story than to "walk down the isle to become Mrs. Uzumaki/Mrs. Uchiha". The men's feelings don't count or matter. Naruto always loved Sakura but I guess that doesn't matter because he must notice the shy girl that always held a torch for him even though she did NOTHING to ease his loneliness and being hated by the village. Sasuke did not love Sakura until she wore him down to give her a baby. CHAPTER 693 OUTRIGHT CONFIRMS THIS. Anyone here sees Sasuke's lines in that chapter as "I love her so I must keep her out of my life, I don't deserve her?" I guess pro-enders see it that way.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What I saw was "Why does she even love me? She is deluding herself with some fairy tale."

And the the whole "oh Naruto and Sakura are just friends argument. Again, "lazy". And so what if they are friends? That is WAY MORE that either of them can even claim to be with their TRUE LOVES. Naruto ignores Hinata and never spends time with her after "knocking her up", so their relationship was like it has always been which is her only being in the back of his mind until it calls to his attention that she exists. Sasuke left Sakura to fend for herself and his daughter for over a decade and never bothered to visit or check up on them. Again this relationship is exactly how it how it was before the ending and when he last left to go with Orochimaru, him giving no "$#!%s" for this woman throwing herself at his feet. These are seriously the romances that these pro-ending fans were always imagining? The spouses just tolerate and acknowledge their marriages because there are bound by it? No romance anymore, no intimate communication at all, and the fathers not even bothering to bond with their kids unless the plot "demands it?"

And I seriously would love to ask these defenders of this just friends argument "okay so you always had only platonic feelings for your opposite sex friends? You were never attracted to any of them and only see them as a brother or sister? So why are some of you SOOO INFURIATED by this  thing called "friend zoning" that you project on to these fictional characters? Friend zoning was never even a thing then, because you can never be attracted to a friend nor will EVER move past friendship. So Sasuke sees Sakura as a friend so he was never attracted to her, right? And Naruto sees Hinata as a friend and was never attracted to her either, yes? Neither guy indicates that they were love struck with their respective ladies early on did they, so are they friends or are they strangers? Ultimately, either stop using "just friends" as an excuse for when it conveniences you or acknowledge that "just friends" works "both ways", so YOUR PREFERENCE OF SHIPPING is also a fallacy.

Naruto and Sakura may be friends but HEY do you see Hinata supporting Naruto's dream? Does she ever encourage Naruto's Dream of becoming Hokage or offer her support of Bringing Sasuke back or does she just tell herself what a hunky man-candy Naruto is because of his showing inner strength and determination that she vicariously wants due to her OWN LACK OF A SPINE? Does Hinata ever encourage Naruto when he is down or depressed? Does she show to to improve herself in any way because Naruto inspires her and makes her self stronger as a person (like typical love interests do in this scenario)? Did Sasuke ever become a pillar of emotional support for Sakura? does he ever consider her happiness and puts it above his own? Sure he protected her in the forest of death but so did Rock Lee and Naruto also saved her from being killed here and there so that means nothing.

So in short, do these canon couples have any EMOTIONAL CONNECTION to each other? I don't see it. Do you? Naruto and Sakura showed that plenty of times during the manga's run but never with the two that they are supposed to be "in love with". and it is always Emotional connection that is the foundation of a romantic relationship. Even if you are  just physically attrated to someone and it works out, if there is no emotional connection the relationship is pointless. And Again I see none of that with the so called Planned form the beginning NaruHina and definitely not with SasukSaku. NaruSaku on the other hand has evidence spread across the entire run of the series. End of debate.

You ask any NHer to point out where all this "obvious development" was between Naruto and Hinatatas that "proves" that it was "planned from the beginning" and they can all only point out the same "moments" in the manga - the Chunin Exams written test (to which Sakura's moment was FAR better and considerate of Naruto), the confession, and the hand-holding (ignoring the fact that Neji's corpse hadn't even started cooling down before Hinatatas stopped thinking about him and onto Naruto's big, strong hand), and ignoring all the SP original fillers involving Hinatatas being sexualized for fap material for her fans - moments that either DID NOT exactly pertain to Hinatatas herself (like her match against Neji in the Chunin Exams was far more for Neji's benefit and development than her, for example) or was something that could have just as easily been done by Sakura or someone else because of who Naruto was and that he would have reacted the same way to them as he did with Hinatatas because that's just the type of person he was, not any sort of "hidden feelings".

Like Hinatatas' "confession". You could easily replace Hinatatas with some random villager(s) jumping between him and Pein, "confess" that they were one of the many ignorant people who saw Naruto as no different from Kurama, but were "inspired" by Naruto when they witnessed his determination at times like the Chunin Exams and that despite everything Naruto went through, he was still risking his life to protect the village and ignorant people like them who had treated him so badly. They could then get "killed" by Pein and Naruto would have erupted in rage and despair into his six-tailed state in the same way as he did with Hinatatas. It's because Naruto had set completely unrealistic expectations of himself in "saving everyone" and not allowing anyone to die for him, and yet people right in front of him were "killed" defending him and he couldn't do anything about it, causing him to instantly lose hope and faith in himself. It wouldn't matter if it was Hinatatas, Sakura, or anyone from Konoha.

2e5.gif

#50256 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

Well do you try to debate civilly with them and it always ends up with them saying, "shut up, my pairing won!"? Or how about "you are just salty your pairing never came true"? Exactly.

That's the downside of being a shipper sometimes. In this case, we're easily written off because it's going to be assumed we're just mad our pairing didn't come through. Which, to be fair, it somewhat true. Everyone here's salty as hell. But it doesn't make the problems that are pointed out any less true. Still, it's going to be assumed there's an agenda. It's hard to separate the shipping aspects people are upset about with their opinions on the rest. It's easier to just look at the complaints in broad strokes.

I'm pretty chill about the whole thing, try to be relatively reasonable, am not really that upset about it all anymore - it's been too many years since it ended for me to still be upset about a pairing and I'd moved on from the series long before the end because it was poorly written anyway - and am not particularly invested anymore, but if I got into a discussion and let slip I'd been NaruSaku, guaranteed I'd be dismissed as just disliking the ending because my pairing hadn't happened and they wouldn't believe I'd left long before the ending. Just how it is.

And then they brought Orochimaru BACK at the very end with Sasuke stupidly intentionally doing so through Anko's Curse Seal, and so it actually made us HOPE that he would be some sort of wild card that would throw a wrench into Madara's plans with his own plans (before they pulled Kaguya out the @$$), especially with the reveal that he had (somehow) figured out the truth of things before ditching Akatsuki and his outright declaration that he STILL wanted to take over Sasuke's body,...only to just drop all of that, follow Sasuke, and magically succeed in getting immortality with no explanation (as usual).

I don't know why they even brought him back. It was so late in the game and from what I gather he did absolutely nothing. I'd assumed, back when I still thought the manga was going somewhere that made sense, that Orochimaru would come back through some means after a little break and take his role as ultimate villain again, but not only did that not happen, by the time he reappeared the entire manga had long since moved on from him and any threat he'd once posed. Like, he's done. It had been too long and he'd been squashed so easily.

I still feel like the manga was a bit more coherent when he was looking to be the big bad - with side threats cropping up - and he'd played a large role in the plot, even with his limited screen time. It felt like it had more focus. But I admit that might just be misplaced nostalgia from the time I actually still really, really liked the manga. I've never re-read the material from those days, so it could be messier than I recall.

Edited by dl316bh, 21 February 2019 - 10:32 PM.

bd5.jpg

#50257 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:27 AM

Ninjas in space, nuff said.
I don't know what is worse.
Ninjas in space or Ninjas with miniguns and lightsabers.

Ninjas in space definitely, Ninjas with guns is not that far fetched or lightsabers.

#50258 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

Yeah, ninja were always an odd fit for what was essentially a DBZ style action comic. It never really involved spying, assassination and the like. The closest it came was the occasional mercenary work. Otherwise, it's like... theming aside, what made them ninja? They were basically superheroes or wizards by another name. I felt the same even back when I liked the series.

The most recent God of War really shocked me in how much attention to detail and care was put into its own story of a father and son, too. Really moving story about trying to be better than you were and set an example for the next generation while acknowledging you can't just bury your past, no matter how much you want to. Kratos was the last character I ever thought I'd see get a story like that, but it worked.

Seems like fathers and sons are working out as a story choice of late.

Same they actually made Kratos a way better character then the murderous rage machine from before. 

Maybe they got inspired by "Power Ranger in space" , that's why they want to create the first ever in the history of manga and anime "Ninja in space!!"
:lmao: :lmao:

They must think like this when they have a meeting regarding the future of the franchise.
Look the western / the american love Star Wars , they also make power ranger in space , since our own country has abandon this franchise we should cater to them. SCI-FI Ninja in space would be a very brilliant idea!!

the difference is that power Rangers in space is actually good and still the best season of the series after almost 20 years.

#50259 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

Sometimes I just really want to punch myself in the face and shove my glasses into my eyes and pluck them out, and here is why!

I'm in the process of rewatching Rurouni Kenshin and I just got to the Farewell Kenshin x Kaouru part (most beautiful heartbreaking scene ever) and naturally my stupid self scrolled down to see the comments bc there was a discussion/comparison between this anime scene and the live action (which was done in broad daylight but never mind Takeru Satoh and Emi Takei did a wonderful job) when all of a sudden I see someone having the audacity of comparing this masterpiece to the SS goodbye scene ugh!!!  :sick:. Like WHY?!! It's like comparing a Picasso with a kindergarten drawing, it's so wrong on so many levels  I can write an whole essay on it. The thing that's most annoying to me is that the Nardo BS is literary mentioned or compared to everything (despite having no relation whatsoever) like its the greatest masterpiece ever created when in fact its utterly kitten there's just no escaping from it its constantly being shoved in your face despite being over with it  :facepalm: .  

Ok of to find myself a Time Machine!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5056999

Edited by FireFox, 22 February 2019 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#50260 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:27 PM

Sometimes I just really want to punch myself in the face and shove my glasses into my eyes and pluck them out, and here is why!

I'm in the process of rewatching Rurouni Kenshin and I just got to the Farewell Kenshin x Kaouru part (most beautiful heartbreaking scene ever) and naturally my stupid self scrolled down to see the comments bc there was a discussion/comparison between this anime scene and the live action (which was done in broad daylight but never mind Takeru Satoh and Emi Takei did a wonderful job) when all of a sudden I see someone having the audacity of comparing this masterpiece to the SS goodbye scene ugh!!!  :sick:. Like WHY?!! It's like comparing a Picasso with a kindergarten drawing, it's so wrong on so many levels  I can write an whole essay on it. The thing that's most annoying to me is that the Nardo BS is literary mentioned or compared to everything (despite having no relation whatsoever) like its the greatest masterpiece ever created when in fact its utterly kitten there's just no escaping from it its constantly being shoved in your face despite being over with it  :facepalm: .  

Ok of to find myself a Time Machine!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5056999

I am telling you, someone sold their soul to the devil to make Naruto this popular and to change the pairings. It makes sense with the radical changes, the mishandling of the plot, and the delusional people who still follow.

If it was anyone else besides Dragonball....people would not give two craps about it, but Naruto is just everywhere and the pairings wars are still happening.

Everything is compared to NH and SS, but WE of the NS community, if we compare NS to other GoofballXTsundere couples in other Japanese anime, get told that parallels or what not mean garbage.The double standards in this world are out of control.

I sometimes wonder how willing I am to sell my soul to the devil just to have Kishimoto come back and make an awesome redoing of the Naruto ending with a NS pairing end. Not change what was already there, just have Kishimoto come back and be like "I decided that I wanted to retcon it because I didn't like how the first ending was handled."

Basically pull a Toriyama. I'll even be nice and have Kishimoto say "They are both canon, but two different timelines." But our timeline would be better. *wink wink*

2hx64if.jpg

Edited by James S Cassidy, 22 February 2019 - 04:56 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users