10 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:42 AM

This came out last week but I forgot about it among other things.

Summary Time: Chapter 44 Amado...That's Madoc, the doctor of Kara in case anyone is wondering guess we are focusing on him.

The cover is Boruto being possessed by the effeminate one with the horn, blue tattoos, and the byakugan eye...checking...oh right his right eye was the one with the scar and a byakugan or are they doing that stupid anime eye that I have forgotten the name of.

Naruto wakes up in the hospital with his family surrounding his bed. God, Hinata's hair is awful. He address Hinata and the kids. I don't think Naruto add Chan to hinata's name. Boruto decides to go inform his friends. Naruto is surprised he is alive, with apparently the same amount of emotion I have when I find out its raining.

The sleazy inventor is talking to Nail about how...his body is rejecting the arm he made for him. Also the clone is their with pain killer seeing as she is in the presence of a boy and is concern for him her age I guess some shipping may happen. Bolt pops in to inform him Naruto is awake.

Back to Naruto with Shikamaru informing what happened the last few chapters. Naruto tries to be joking about the situation...

On to Barbarain Hair and Madoc. They are apparently working together on something. BH summons his toad so Madoc can be transported somewhere. Mustard comes in wondering where Madoc is going, and he shuts her down with a command. BH ponders that he must also have a phrase that could shut him down as well while sending him to the village.

Oh, now we have a seen with the Uchiha family and Cups in the hospital. Salad informs Sasuke about what happened to Bolt last chapter. Cups asks to speak with Sasuke in private in order to inform him what Blacksmith said about Bolt being effeminate one's vessel. So far out side the villains this chapter has just been recapping what happened previously. Yes, its important that the audience knows that the adults are being told what happened, but this should be something briefly done in a few pages not be most of the chapter. Sasuke ponders over this information and states his belief that Jenga is also possessed, he is of course correct.

Ok finally something that isn't recapping. InoShikaCho's kids are training while Madoc watches. He asks to be taken to Shikamaru. Shikamaru's kid uses the shadow bind. So he uses a tuning fork that hijacks the kids shadow bind. He knocks the boy out with a drug. Then puts a collar on him. Ino is contacted by her son.

Meanwhile, Naruto and Shikamru are visiting Nail. How much time is passing in this chapter? So Naruto wakes up. Bolt went to inform Nail. Naruto is talking to Shikamaru alone in his hospital bed. Now he is up dress in his outfit and visiting Nail while Bolt still there. Did he shoo out Hinata and the daughter the second he could or something? While Shikamaru is telling Nail he will be under more supervision and monitoring he is contact by Ino.

Then Moegi, the team's Sensei, comes in to rescue the boy, remove the collar, and restrain Madoc with a single earth jutsu...oh wait the bomb still on another panel guess Ikemoto forgot to draw it in that one panel where we can see his entire bare neck which is easier to see than the panel that shows it still on...Isn't that month work of effort to make sure the reader is getting a quality product just fantastic. Also Sai is there now. He just showed up, don't ask cause I don't know. Madoc shows he can activate the bomb without even moving with another bomb he placed earlier. This forces Moegi to release the jutsu. Then we see another villain which such nice manners apologizing for what he did. He gets in contact and announces that he wishes to defect to konoha and tell them everything he knows about the villains. So, how long till he dies or will they actually have chapters where he explain everything the villains are doing?

Oh by the way I learned something because of nioh 2. The main villain of that game has the same name as Barbarian Hair. Kashin Koji. Information about this character from Japanese folklore is on Barbarian Hair Naruto wiki but I never had a desire to check until looking up the nioh character and having him fill the entire google search.  So from the wiki: "Koji Kashin shares his name with a folkloric magician believed to have lived in the late Muromachi period, though his historicity is debated. He is often depicted as a white-haired, bearded, elderly man in robes, and is said to have used his illusions to deceive and defraud prominent rulers such as Oda Nobunaga." So, from the start they were informing the reader that he was a treacherous and deceitful individual. Sort of like a character being named Judas, Brutus, or Benedict Arnold...Oh right, spoilers for that game.

Next chapter April 20.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 April 2020 - 07:26 AM.

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:18 PM

Boruto in a nutshell

Edited by James S Cassidy, 30 March 2020 - 05:42 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:56 AM

Never get tire of saying I hate this series and I can't wait for it to die a slow and painful death.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 12:41 AM

Never get tire of saying I hate this series and I can't wait for it to die a slow and painful death.

Well. Its very existence might as well be the definition of slow and painful. You'll have to wait several more years for that death though.

The problem with the exposition is that its both unnecessary despite seeming to be necessary. Yes, it is important that we know the kids are telling the adults important information and the adults are doing something with the information they are given. Its just for this manga pace; it takes far too much time. Not help that this isn't new information or discoveries as much as it is making sure the characters are up to date with what the reader knows. So, it just half or more of a chapter where you going yep yep yep ok yep. By the time this chapter came out the anime has started adapting the manga; also it now has 150 episodes. And again the way the manga is written is a continuous story with out any real breaks. Normally after an arc a shounen manga will have a few breather chapters to show time has passed and allow wound to heal among other things. But were incredibly important so they the anime could put filler in those breaks to not disrupt the flow of the story. Less needed now as anime has become more seasonal and less continuations throughout the year. This feels like this is the same day or at best the same week as the last fight, and with Barbarian about to fight jenga unless that's off-screen this isn't going to get a jump. There are only two real breaks so far after richie rich and before nail, and nail training with Naruto.

I will say this about the fights. They are more varied than Naruto ever had. In Naruto it was almost always a one on one duels. Here their are actual fight where the main characters fight as a team. Their not that good but at least their is an attempt.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 April 2020 - 07:41 AM.

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Yeah that's fair. My brother said that he did enjoy that particular fight against "what was his name again?" That tag team with Nardo and Sasuke in the anime.

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 April 2020 - 06:10 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 12:38 AM

Yeah that's fair. My brother said that he did enjoy that particular fight against "what was his name again?" That tag team with Nardo and Sasuke in the anime.

The effeminate one that now possesses Bolt...Momo something. While I do consider that an example of a Boruto fight it was the one from the movie that kishimoto wrote. If it was the only one I wouldn't bring it up as a positive....or at least an attempt of a positive.

From the manga only...trying to remember all the fights without looking back at them.

There was the quick beat-down of molding cannibal's gang by team to show off how they would be portraying them ie the first time Salad was behaving flirtatious instead of just dress scantily. It was meh.

Bolt and Richie Rich against molding cannibal. He only had a lame gimmick of a unbreakable wind wall till he was quickly stab from behind by Richie then knockout but Salad.

The spar of Bolt and Naruto where they show off that they both know elemental attacks; Water and Lighting for Bolt, and Earth for Naruto. Ended when Naruto put his artificial arm through his earth wall as a distraction so he could attack from behind.

The kids spar to show off their new gadgets.

The fight against the robot puppets to show off more of the gadgets.

The fight with Ao where the team came up with a plan which they pulled off perfectly to the letter.

Nail's fight with that kara mook to show off his tree arms and energy blasts.

The fight between Mustard and Naruto...Naruto fought pathetically while they say he holding back until he unleash the stupid name rasengan.

Naruto and Sasuke and Jenga of the Nice Manners......... They pretty much fight him one on one till they get their ass kick then the other intervenes for their turn til they are defeated.

The Kids vs Blacksmith...Wow I can't remember what happened during most of this fight...Uh they all take turns fighting him break away when they get sick and then Salad attacks his core. Then the effeminate one took over Bolt to end the fight.

Now most of these fights are bland or poorly done but at least their is an attempt of variety and people working together. Compared to Naruto claiming to preach about team work but every fight being one on one duels.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 April 2020 - 01:54 AM.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:25 AM

the "team work" message in Naruto failed and imploded all the way back to the preliminary rounds of the Chunin exam tournament, as I've said before 

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 April 2020 - 11:26 AM.

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:37 PM

the "team work" message in Naruto failed and imploded all the way back to the preliminary rounds of the Chunin exam tournament, as I've said before 

"As a ninja, you must understand that your allies are important and you must protect them.....now....fight your friends to see which one is better because in this world sometimes your friend could be your greatest threat to your resolve."

Edited by James S Cassidy, 03 April 2020 - 05:38 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:53 PM

Not to mention, y'know All fights became typical shonen one on one "my $#%&" is bigger than yours" thing. The best you got was 2 vs. 1 once in a blue moon and even that is someone does the heavy lifting and the other acts as support. The "team work" aspect was an absolute joke, considering even teams that were specifically had their skill set and techniques tailor made to work together STILL fight one vs. when the chips were down. The series is full of broken aesop kitten looking back on it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 June 2020 - 04:49 PM.

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:24 AM

It was having problem from even the beginning remember the "greatest teamwork" everyone that everyone praises when Naruto and Sasuke fight together what do they do? Well in the Wave arc they do one combo move where Sasuke threw his shuriken and Naruto disguised as a one to free Kakashi. Against Haku, Naruto charges against the mirrors to where Haku down while Sasuke tries to snipe him. Then, about 600 chapters later, against the ten tails, Sasuke lit Naruto Rasenshuriken on fire...that's it. Oh, and the one time team seven work together was when Sakura punched Kaguya so they could slap her with the seal on their palms. 

Funnily enough Naruto and Sasuke do fight together more frequently then they ever did in Naruto. Though its often either single combo attack or more one fights then the other intervenes when that person is in trouble then takes over till they are in trouble.

"As a ninja, you must understand that your allies are important and you must protect them.....now....fight your friends to see which one is better because in this world sometimes your friend could be your greatest threat to your resolve."

Well, the chunin exam did give excuses for that. To test if they were ready to be chunin and to show off the power of their youth to their clients, enemies and other nations.

Not to mention, y'know All fights became typical shonen one on one "my $#%& is bigger than yours" thing. The best you got was 2 vs. 1 once in a blue moon and even that is someone does the heavy lifting and the other acts as support. The "team work" aspect was an absolute joke, considering even teams that were specifically had their skill set and techniques tailor made to work together STILL fight one vs. when the chips were down. The series is full of broken Aesop kitten looking back on it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At the time that was the norm, ironically -partially due to Naruto being such a big influence on Shounen- now a days it is more common for shounen stories to have people team up to fight the antagonist. Still will often be token and big fights will still be one on one, but it is changed. Hell, even in Dragon ball super Goku and Vegeta sometimes fought together.

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 08:35 AM

Yes that is actually true. Although I remember in the forest of death Ino  Shikamaru and Choji showed theirs pretty well, there was just no one around to really comment on it. But I do see your point overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users