21 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

Day off so manga chapter summary. I hope this is the end of that stupid fight.

Summary Time: Chapter 42 Regeneration. Is this about the villains regeneration or the one karma gives out?

Cover page is Bolt with his karma seal activated. I think it suppose to show that power/danger of the seal since his jacket is torn away...Oh his headband is red now...and he has red shoes. And Brown Jacket...is this suppose to show they are in a different dimension?

Last chapter ended with everyone rushing to the pot Naruto is sealed in. Blacksmith is about to happen but Blot yells Nails name and he backs off to attack Nail...I don't know? He releases more of the virus despite it in theory no longer working...unless he has multiple types and he has switched which one he is using. Oh, he can apparently mix gunpower with his virus mist which then was ignited when his shurikens struck Nail...OK. Nail protects the pot. Blacksmith mocks him for developing compassion. Eventually Bolt starts yelling at him and him and cups start charging.

They get beat up and can't do any real damage due to his regeneration he has -which includes instantly restoring limbs like mustard has-. Now its Salad's turn. Oh right his acid attacks are lava style moves. Cups wraps Blacksmith so Nail can use his ki blast attack to blow up Blacksmith entire lower half...which he instantly regenerates from. God these villains make such interesting fight with their regeneration making any damage pointless. Also he is now completely naked...He has no kitten apparently, unless it been covered up by that black marks covering his body. Boruto whine about how tough Blacksmith is, Nail asks him to stall so he can think up a plan.

Apparently, Nail knows a way to neutralize Kara' regenerative ability...why didn't he do that from the start!?! Apparently, all of Kara members have had their bodies modified by their Madoc to have this stupid regenerative ability. The thing is that somewhere in their body exist a core...can't wait for the eventual villain later on to reveal he has fifty cores or something stupid to make sure he remains a threat.

Alright. I just going to stop here for a moment because I want to talk about regenerative abilities in shounen manga. Now Boruto is not the first manga I have seen to have villains have this ability...but it probably the one that brought it out the quickest and doesn't seem to realize the damage it causes to suspense. Normally, this is a mid to late "game" ability the mangaka give to the villains often because the heroes have become too strong so they need a opponent that can shrug off their ultimate attacks. Normally, this ability is seen as monstrous, but it also has some sort of draw back to it. Cause if they don't and they also don't take it seriously as well as limit it both in power and use, it becomes farcical. Because, its not interesting to watch a battle that is: a hero basic attack blow off a villain's arm and it is right back on the next panel, then blow off a leg, right back on next panel, torso, next panel, head, next panel and so on.

So Salad is using her eyes to find the core while the rest are fighting...this fight really does seem like it was made under the mandate of "Salad is our most popular character make her important in fights". The fight goes on like I said it would they keep blowing him up while Salad watches. She quickly realizes that he is using a jutsu to move the core around his body so it wouldn't get blown up. She also realizes she can't tell them because he will just move it So, she has to go for the kill herself...with a chidori. So, her fighting ability really is just Sasuke with Sakura's strength. Also this means she has to be in every Kara fight now to deliverer the killing blow. Unless they make up some bs.

Next chapter Fed 20. So now it begins. The fights are no longer bound to 3 chapters/months. Now, they can drag out even longer.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 January 2020 - 01:22 PM.

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

Day off so manga chapter summary. I hope this is the end of that stupid fight.

Summary Time: Chapter 42 Regeneration. Is this about the villains regeneration or the one karma gives out?

Cover page is Bolt with his karma seal activated. I think it suppose to show that power/danger of the seal since his jacket is torn away...Oh his headband is red now...and he has red shoes. And Brown Jacket...is this suppose to show they are in a different dimension?

Last chapter ended with everyone rushing to the pot Naruto is sealed in. Blacksmith is about to happen but Blot yells Nails name and he backs off to attack Nail...I don't know? He releases more of the virus despite it in theory no longer working...unless he has multiple types and he has switched which one he is using. Oh, he can apparently mix gunpower with his virus mist which then was ignited when his shurikens struck Nail...OK. Nail protects the pot. Blacksmith mocks him for developing compassion. Eventually Bolt starts yelling at him and him and cups start charging.

They get beat up and can't do any real damage due to his regeneration he has -which includes instantly restoring limbs like mustard has-. Now its Salad's turn. Oh right his acid attacks are lava style moves. Cups wraps Blacksmith so Nail can use his ki blast attack to blow up Blacksmith entire lower half...which he instantly regenerates from. God these villains make such interesting fight with their regeneration making any damage pointless. Also he is now completely naked...He has no kitten apparently, unless it been covered up by that black marks covering his body. Boruto whine about how tough Blacksmith is, Nail asks him to stall so he can think up a plan.

Apparently, Nail knows a way to neutralize Kara' regenerative ability...why didn't he do that from the start!?! Apparently, all of Kara has had their bodies modified by their Madoc to have this stupid regenerative ability. The thing is that somewhere in their body exist a core...can't wait for the eventual villain later on to reveal he has fifty cores or something stupid to make sure he remains a threat.

Alright. I just going to stop here for a moment because I want to talk about regenerative abilities in shounen manga. Now Boruto is not the first manga I have seen to have villains have this ability...but it probably the one that brought it out the quickest and doesn't seem to realize the damage it causes to suspense. Normally, this is a mid to late "game" ability the mangaka give to the villains often because the heroes have become too strong so they need a opponent that can shrug off their ultimate attacks. Normally, this ability is seen as monstrous, but it also has some sort of draw back to it. Cause if they don't and they also don't take it seriously as well as limit it both in power and use, it becomes farcical. Because, its not interesting to watch a battle that is: a hero basic attack blow off a villain's arm and it is right back on the next panel, then blow off a leg, right back on next panel, torso, next panel, head, next panel and so on.

So Salad is using her eyes to find the core while the rest are fighting...this fight really does seem like it was made under the mandate of "Salad is our most popular character make her important in fights". The fight goes on like I said it would they keep blowing him up while Salad watches. She quickly realizes that he is using a jutsu to move the core around his body so it wouldn't get blown up. She also realizes she can't tell them because he will just move it So, she has to go for the kill herself...with a chidori. So, her fighting ability really is just Sasuke with Sakura's strength. Also this means she has to be in every Kara fight now to deliverer the killing blow. Unless they make up some bs.

Next chapter Fed 20. So now it begins. The fights are no longer bound to 3 chapters/months. Now, they can drag out even longer.

Hmm. Well 2 things I suppose on my end.

1. Completely agreed with the regenerative ability. Although I imagine the justifcation for this is either Bolt's will be the one ending the fight, Or Bolt will get a next op ability that can overcome the regeneration sooner or later I imagine. Again the writing is CLEARLY indicative this is not a "fresh" shonen series. What I mean by that is not that it lacks creativity (although I do mean that too) but that it is not a newly concieved series at the start of it's run at all but is continuing and shouldering the continuation of a story ala Goku's adult years/Dragon Ball Z. Obviously they already brought in "Hax" regenration because Bolt's dad is supposed to be some sort of demigod level combatant now and Bolt must surpass in a few short years I believe. Not much to say on that.

2. Salad's shafting in terms of combat ability for an MC is actually disappointing if I really bothered to care about the series at all. Having her learn Rasengan, or Chidori, or even some fire techniques would be interesting on top of the super strength, but I digress. If Sasuke can't be bothered to spend time with his family except when "pigs fly", I don't imagine he taught his one and only precious daughter anything. Naruto, I imagine should teach his protege something But I guess it is shrugged off as "meh, we need to show case and hammer in Salad is SasuSaku's kid so let's just give her the signature abilities of her parents and leave it at that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I forgot to count since these summaries were not every chapter since last month and this one's, but how long has the fight been going again?

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 March 2020 - 11:09 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

One Punch Man did this concept better with Melzargard. Also, seems hiis death and defeat will be more satisfying.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 11:23 PM

One Punch Man did this concept better with Melzargard. Also, seems hiis death and defeat will be more satisfying.

There are three characters with regenerative powers: Melzargard, Boris, and Zombie Man.

Melzargard while putting up a good fight was still a parody at the time as that a rank hero pointed out could have been defeated easier if they change tactics or attacks, but S rank heroes are one trick ponies as well as idiots. so it took them a while to discover his weakness (also cores) and after that it was just bashing him around till they found and destroyed them all.

Boris existed to finally give Saitama a "good fight" and his regeneration was required in order for him to survive any of Saitama's punches.

Zombie man has it to really sell his horror hero identity and why he can fight monster with just gun, axes, and chainsaws.

In Boruto so far it just so they can constantly have limbs blown off to make the fight seem more intense, and then be instantly restored. Making it far less impressive. 

Hmm. Well 2 things I suppose on my end.

1. Completely agreed with the regenerative ability. Although I imagine the justification for this is either Bolt's will be the one ending the fight, Or Bolt will get a next op ability that can overcome the regeneration sooner or later I imagine. Again the writing is CLEARLY indicative this is not a "fresh" shonen series. What I mean by that is not that it lacks creativity (although  I do mean that too) but that it is not a newly conceived series at the start of it's run at all but is continuing and shouldering the story of a previous series ala Goku's adult years/Dragon Ball Z. Obviously they already brought it "Hax" regeneration because Bolt's dad is supposed to be some sort of demigod level combatant now and Bolt must surpass in a few short years I believe. Not much to say on that.

2. Salad's shafting in terms of combat ability for an MC is actually disappointing if I really bothered to care about the series at all. Having her learn Rasengan, or Chidori, or even some fire techniques would be interesting on top of the super strength, but I digress. If Sasuke can't be bothered to spend time with his family except when "pigs fly", I don't imagine he taught his one and only precious daughter anything. Naruto, I imagine should teach his protege something But I guess it is shrugged off as "meh, we need to show case and hammer in Salad is SasuSaku's kid so let's just give her the signature abilities of her parents and leave it at that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I forgot to count since these summaries were not every chapter since last month and this one's, but how long has the fight been going again?

Dragonball Z is still Dragonball the manga it's the anime differentiates them. The first person to use regeneration was Piccolo after the battle with Raditz. The thing about his regeneration is that in DB he never used it in the middle of a fight because it took too much energy to preform. once he does the fight is over. Excepting Super where every fight his limbs fly off like wet tissue paper the most egregious was when he was fighting the two Namekians from universe 6. Cell has Piccolo's regeneration but used it more frequently and was suppose to come off as monstrous because of that. Then Buu who regeneration as a magical being made him almost indestructible. The way the Z Fighter over came them was by overwhelming power.

Bolt may get an ability later on...a new rasengan most likely. That is able to over come the regeneration, but for now its up to Salad every fight from now on to have to find out where the core is and then deliver the strike. Unless they drop it after this...which they do; I'm never letting the story live that down. Also. Again this guy was getting blown up with every attack before this now that he can't heal he should be dead or one or two more attacks. Which will likely not happen for one apparently all the boys used up all their chakra before Salad's chidori, and two they are not having kids actually kill villains...at least the ones that have faces because Nail did kill the one mook months back.

Again a lot of this is because they decided not to start a lower power level.

Boruto is also pretty much Naruto again just with his vanishing Rasengan and karma tattoo.

...Salad was the one that used the chidori. "So, she has to go for the kill herself...with a chidori. So, her fighting ability really is just Sasuke with Sakura's strength." With that, I was implying that she has Sasuke fire abilities, shuriken tricks, and chidori, along with Sakura's super strength. Sorry that wasn't clear. I still don't get the feeling he taught her that as much as left her some scroll so she could learn on hero own, or even more likely just naturally knew the move like all these generation kids seem to do.

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

There are three characters with regenerative powers: Melzargard, Boris, and Zombie Man.

Melzargard while putting up a good fight was still a parody at the time as that a rank hero pointed out could have been defeated easier if they change tactics or attacks, but S rank heroes are one trick ponies as well as idiots. so it took them a while to discover his weakness (also cores) and after that it was just bashing him around till they found and destroyed them all.

Boris existed to finally give Saitama a "good fight" and his regeneration was required in order for him to survive any of Saitama's punches.

Zombie man has it to really sell his horror hero identity and why he can fight monster with just gun, axes, and chainsaws.

And yet, they still pushed a better purpose than what "Blacksmith" is doing in Boruto.

Melzargard used cores just like blacksmith here and he can also somewhat move them around, but what the heroes found out was that his regeneration starts at the cores. Blast him apart and all the bits regenerate to the cores. So, when they can force predict the core movements, they were easier to grab. Even Fang said that a trained monkey could figure it out. No special eyes or power required, just logical thinking.

That shows actual progression in the story and shows practical problem solving. That is unlike Dragonballs "just make a bigger blast until it dies." Yes, it did make the S-Rank heroes look like idiots, but that is the point....One Punch Man makes fun of this by showing that power alone does not mean you're better than everyone else because these guys are so confident in their abilities that they get blind-sided by anyone stronger than them and soon you see these characters learn.

Wait til you see when Saitama fights Flashy Flash and how Saitama just beats him down a peg.

You then have Boros who, while he does have regen, said that his extreme regens shortens his life and the more energy he puts out, the more likely he is killing himself. Greatest Strength Greatest Weakness. Whiles yes it is to give Saitama a good fight for once, the character was still written better and was alot more indepth than Blacksmiths and his magical healing abilities. Plus, Boros had weaknesses.

Zombie Man....now there is an interesting concept where....he actually got a boost in regen power than the webcomic, but that is the only thing going for him. He is basically like deadpool. Has pique physical conditioning, but is the weakest fighter of the group. He also knows his limitations and is not some unstoppable force. He rather use his brains more than just rely on bashing things apart.

Blacksmith in comparison is not a character of his own standing, but a character to give the main cast something to do. He has very specific stuff that only certain characters can perform like Salad the only one able to see the cores. So you start to realize it is cheap rather than clever.

A good writer will make a logical character have strengths and corresponding weaknesses. A bad writer just makes a OP character and then has them be beaten in the worst way possible to the point that the victory doesn't feel earned.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 22 January 2020 - 06:42 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:51 PM

In Boruto so far it just so they can constantly have limbs blown off to make the fight seem more intense, and then be instantly restored. Making it far less impressive. 

Dragonball Z is still Dragonball the manga it's the anime differentiates them. The first person to use regeneration was Piccolo after the battle with Raditz. The thing about his regeneration is that in DB he never used it in the middle of a fight because it took too much energy to preform. once he does the fight is over. Excepting Super where every fight his limbs fly off like wet tissue paper the most egregious was when he was fighting the two Namekians from universe 6. Cell has Piccolo's regeneration but used it more frequently and was suppose to come off as monstrous because of that. Then Buu who regeneration as a magical being made him almost indestructible. The way the Z Fighter over came them was by overwhelming power.

Bolt may get an ability later on...a new rasengan most likely. That is able to over come the regeneration, but for now its up to Salad every fight from now on to have to find out where the core is and then deliver the strike. Unless they drop it after this...which they do; I'm never letting the story live that down. Also. Again this guy was getting blown up with every attack before this now that he can't heal he should be dead or one or two more attacks. Which will likely not happen for one apparently all the boys used up all their chakra before Salad's chidori, and two they are not having kids actually kill villains...at least the ones that have faces because Nail did kill the one mook months back.

Again a lot of this is because they decided not to start a lower power level.

Boruto is also pretty much Naruto again just with his vanishing Rasengan and karma tattoo.

...Salad was the one that used the chidori. "So, she has to go for the kill herself...with a chidori. So, her fighting ability really is just Sasuke with Sakura's strength." With that, I was implying that she has Sasuke fire abilities, shuriken tricks, and chidori, along with Sakura's super strength. Sorry that wasn't clear. I still don't get the feeling he taught her that as much as left her some scroll so she could learn on hero own, or even more likely just naturally knew the move like all these generation kids seem to do.

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up then. And yeah I know the disticntion for Dragon Ball Z is an anime only concept, hence why I said Goku's adult years. But anyway as already stated, the whole regeneration thing was only a byproduct of power scales on Naruto being pushed to their limits during it's run already and since this is a sequel, that can't be toned down. And also because we both know Boruto "marty Stu" Uzumaki is suppose to surpass "dear old dad" with even more hax @$$ pull power ups, this is the result

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 January 2020 - 04:14 PM.

#7 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

Boruto is basically a parasitic tumor.

By that I meant the series, not the character... But hey, that isn't much of a stretch either.

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 10:03 AM

Boruto is basically a parasitic tumor.

By that I meant the series, not the character... But hey, that isn't much of a stretch either.

In what way?

#9 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:23 AM

In what way?

Naruto... again the series, not the character, but it's not that much of a stretch... is the host.

#10 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:02 PM

Sadly it's not just Naruto that getting retconned, I mean Doctor Who has now been retconned big time and destroyed the lore of Doctor Who I mean if you have seen the episode that came out today, well they have changed it. So the Doctor was female with a big rumor that the Doctor was always female. 

To me, William Hartnell was the First Doctor, and this large retcon has destroyed so much of Doctor something that I fear it can't recover from now. Both Doctor Who and Naruto are now dead, but losing Doctor Who this sadly hurts more than Naruto.

I mean Doctor Who was for everyone, but thanks to wokeness. it's destroyed now all thanks to Chris Chibnall wanting to change all the lore to fit what he thinks the show should be like in the '60s.

Again I see that both Chibnall and Kishi have destroyed everything because they don't care, and they are lazy.

#11 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:50 AM

Sadly it's not just Naruto that getting retconned, I mean Doctor Who has now been retconned big time and destroyed the lore of Doctor Who I mean if you have seen the episode that came out today, well they have changed it. So the Doctor was female with a big rumor that the Doctor was always female. 

To me, William Hartnell was the First Doctor, and this large retcon has destroyed so much of Doctor something that I fear it can't recover from now. Both Doctor Who and Naruto are now dead, but losing Doctor Who this sadly hurts more than Naruto.

I mean Doctor Who was for everyone, but thanks to wokeness. it's destroyed now all thanks to Chris Chibnall wanting to change all the lore to fit what he thinks the show should be like in the '60s.

Again I see that both Chibnall and Kishi have destroyed everything because they don't care, and they are lazy.

I feel you man; it's worse as there is a rumor that this Doctor we saw is one of 13 female Doctors and the Doctor was always female and that William Hartnell was never the First Doctor, making everything that he and the others back in 1963 pointless.

So agree Chibnall is changing everything and doesn't care about the lore, I mean it's a unspkoen rule in Doctor who you don't change the Doctors past. But this spites on the legacey of William Hartnell and Sydney Newman and the others.

Edited by The Doctor forever, 27 January 2020 - 12:50 AM.

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 06:57 AM

You are joking....you have to be joking. Please tell me you are joking.

I hate this culture. I really really really hate this culture.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 28 January 2020 - 09:31 PM

You are joking....you have to be joking. Please tell me you are joking.

I hate this culture. I really really really hate this culture.

I wish I were James. I do wish I was, and Chibnall has said that Ruth is not from some other Univers. So they are doing it, James, they are retconning Doctor Who and William Hartnell being the First Doctor.

I mean from what I found out William Hartnell loved being the First Doctor and was happy that he would always love being remembered for that role. So I hate that it's being taken from him the man is dead and it's disrespectful to William Hartnell.

But I agree James I hate this culture

#14 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:49 AM

In all honesty, in comparison to other franchises like Doctor Who or Star Wars. Boruto not that bad in comparison...in the way you are thinking. The thing is even though I do not like Boruto; I do not get the feeling that the mangaka outright hates me and want to see me suffer.

What is going on with Western Media now a day is that the people in charge of the franchise "you" are fans of hate their core audience as they see them as primarily consisting of White Heterosexual Males. Who they hate. They want their fans to consist primarily/entirely of minorities, and to accomplish that goal they are entirely willing to change, subvert, and even ruin the franchise to see that happens. And if that does not happen because they are incompetent at being able to create good products. They are perfectly happy with destroying the IP just to make sure "you" don't or no longer can enjoy it, because if they cannot make it successful with and appealing to the fans they want; then the IP is evil and must be destroyed.

Boruto is just a bad sequel that has bad material to work of off, a diminished fanbase compared to it predecessor due to said predecessor's ending, and average artist and writers that can't make it as big as it once was.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 February 2020 - 08:08 PM.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:12 AM

Yeah it is all "HOW DARE YOU HATE HOW PROGESSIVE I AM BEING!!!! you fans are shallow minded and ignorant!" That is happening with a lot of western fictional franchises these days. Never mind the actual quality of the story they are selling. Just saying.

Edited by Phantom_999, 10 March 2020 - 11:11 AM.

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

In all honesty, in comparison to other franchises like Doctor Who or Star Wars. Boruto not that bad in comparison...in the way you are thinking. The thing is even though I do not like Boruto; I do not get the feeling that the mangaka outright hates me and want to see me suffer.

What is going on with Western Media now a day is that the people in charge of the franchise "you" are fans of hate their core audience as they see them as primarily consisting of White Heterosexual Males. Who they hate. They want their fans to consist primarily/entirely of minorities, and to accomplish that goal they are entirely willing to change, subvert, and even ruin the franchise to see that happens. And if that does not happen because they are incompetent at being able to create good products. They are perfectly happy with destroying the IP just to make sure "you" don't or no longer can enjoy it, because if they cannot make it successful with and appealing to the fans they want; then the IP is evil and must be destroyed.

Boruto is just a bad sequel that has bad material to work of off, a diminished fanbase compared to it predecessor due to said predecessor's ending, and average artist and writers that can't make it as big as it once was.

If it does not become successful, they blame it on cis-gendered white men. Remember when Ghostbusters 2016 didn't work? The new Charlie's Angels? Birds of Prey? Star Wars?

"This was not made for you. We don't need cis-gender white men telling us what is good and what is bad"

Okay, well, if it is not made for us...then I guess we won't see it. No sense wasting money. Thanks. We can go see a better movie like Frozen II

"How dare you not see our movie? It is cis-gendered white men like you that prevent us from making money. It is all your fault."

(Not knowing that not even the diversity they try to appeal to like it either and refuse to see it because they find it demeaning.)

Batwomen is so woke that not even the woke community will watch it.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#17 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:29 PM

If it does not become successful, they blame it on cis-gendered white men. Remember when Ghostbusters 2016 didn't work? The new Charlie's Angels? Birds of Prey? Star Wars?

"This was not made for you. We don't need cis-gender white men telling us what is good and what is bad"

Okay, well, if it is not made for us...then I guess we won't see it. No sense wasting money. Thanks. We can go see a better movie like Frozen II

"How dare you not see our movie? It is cis-gendered white men like you that prevent us from making money. It is all your fault."

(Not knowing that not even the diversity they try to appeal to like it either and refuse to see it because they find it demeaning.)

Batwomen is so woke that not even the woke community will watch it.

Exactly. It's basically about natural diversity, and then there's forced diversity or trying to focus too much on something thinking that it's gonna work. And then it doesn't work at all. You have to just be balanced in what you do, and that you can also make sure that you can make a good story without needing to do forced focus or diversity, or even ruining a story for the sake of that.

#18 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:07 PM

Exactly. It's basically about natural diversity, and then there's forced diversity or trying to focus too much on something thinking that it's gonna work. And then it doesn't work at all. You have to just be balanced in what you do, and that you can also make sure that you can make a good story without needing to do forced focus or diversity, or even ruining a story for the sake of that.

This is the problem. They try to make a character based around a trait instead of making a good character that so happens to have that trait.

"Marvel comes out with their first gay superhero"
A hero that noone cares about or is so obscure that noone can be bothered to remember, but because he is gay we have to pay attention. So instead of an interesting superhero who so happens to be gay. We get a gay superhero. Great.

They focus so much on pointing out that the superhero is gay that that is all they have going for them. Nothing else and they have the nerve to call that "character development."

This is my problem with Miles Morales. Instead of making an interesting superhero, people are just like "well, he is a black Spider-man." So I am bored with him.
My favorite black superhero was Static Shock and I didn't need to reminded that he was black every 5 seconds. Hell, his buddy Ritchi was gay and yet, not once did they push this fact until they made a story around it. Ritchie was also well-loved character because he was more than just a white gay man.

If diversity is only the development a character has, then you are doing something wrong.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 12:42 AM

Well, This has been off topic. You're suppose to tie the topic of western identity politics to Naruto/Boruto/Japanese anime somehow. *Shrug*, anyways.

The thing happening with Marvel is that your have a bunch of people that have enter the industry through thing like HR, Community Managers, Assistant Editors, and Writers & Artist. That don't like comics. But they see it as a way to get into hollywood and make their mark on culture; since Marvel has become the Biggest Movie Franchise since 2008. So they infiltrate, bring in friends, gate keep and so on in order to control the industry so they can change it to their liking. the thing is since they only care about how many characters their are that are filling their check-boxes of tolerance they don't care about the quality.

Miles is actually an odd case; he is an example before this all happened and was initially done well. He was from the Ultimate Universe where his world's Peter Parker died when he was still a teen, years later Miles took up the role; which a major part of his character was dealing with carry on the legacy of a dead teen hero, eventually the Ultimate Universe ended but they didn't want to kill off their Black Spider-Man so they brought him to the main universe. Where he has pretty much drifted since because they haven't added to his character, address the change in world would effect his story or introducing him into other media without going into detail about being from another universe, won't change it, nor give him a new identity. Also he pretty much just their black boy character if they need one to be political now.

#20 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 07:30 PM

Well, This has been off topic. You're suppose to tie the topic of western identity politics to Naruto/Boruto/Japanese anime somehow. *Shrug*, anyways.

The thing happening with Marvel is that your have a bunch of people that have enter the industry through thing like HR, Community Managers, Assistant Editors, and Writers & Artist. That don't like comics. But they see it as a way to get into hollywood and make their mark on culture; since Marvel has become the Biggest Movie Franchise since 2008. So they infiltrate, bring in friends, gate keep and so on in order to control the industry so they can change it to their liking. the thing is since they only care about how many characters their are that are filling their check-boxes of tolerance they don't care about the quality.

Miles is actually an odd case; he is an example before this all happened and was initially done well. He was from the Ultimate Universe where his world's Peter Parker died when he was still a teen, years later Miles took up the role; which a major part of his character was dealing with carry on the legacy of a dead teen hero, eventually the Ultimate Universe ended but they didn't want to kill off their Black Spider-Man so they brought him to the main universe. Where he has pretty much drifted since because they haven't added to his character, address the change in world would effect his story or introducing him into other media without going into detail about being from another universe, won't change it, nor give him a new identity. Also he pretty much just their black boy character if they need one to be political now.

Sad part is, even with it all for the diversity thing and all that, Miles is still pretty cool in his own way since he still can be quite a good character in his own ways too, even if it can be hard with Peter also being around too. And the fact too people getting into comics who don't like comics just assuming it will lead them to get into Hollywood. It's like how some Tumblr artists for some raisins get popular enough to end up with their own cartoons or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users