• This topic is locked This topic is locked
328 replies to this topic

#1 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

Blog: paradoxjast.blogspot.com

Yeah, so the initial purpose of this first post has kinda fallen by the wayside. I'm sure many of you have figured that out.

Soooo, I'm just gonna kinda leave it blank, mostly.

Whirlpool Country - figuring out how I should continue writing it now.
Hindsight::Foresight - Tied to WPC.
Fire Shadow of Fairy Tail - Trying to write more, gets harder as I have to mold it to canon now.
Experiments in Empathy - Going strong, maybe 5 chapters or so left.
Rewritten - Fully written, posting a chapter a week.

Rose, By Another Name - Harry Potter fic in the works, my first that will contain any lemons. Guilty Pleasure/crackfic.

Blindsight Revisited - Going to finish this story, was doing the beta work for the original writer but he disappeared almost 2 years ago.

Edited by Paradox Jast, 22 August 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#2 iwant2bnaruto

iwant2bnaruto

peekaboo Mizore-chan <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

I think we can all understand that circumstances will come up that prevent one from updating a story. I'm sure no one will resent you for having a life outside of fanfiction. The delays may seem torturous - but we can bear it. tongue.gif

Nice idea about a discussion thread on your story btw.

#3 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

Yo, totally understand if you need time away from updating your story. I, myself, started work late last year and it has been keeping me quite busy and keeping me away from writing and updating my own stories.

In terms of suggestions for your story... I don't have any at the moment. tongue.gif
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#4 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

An interlude -

–noun
1. an intervening episode, period, space, etc.

I'm considering adding in an interlude/intermission chapter for WPC, since Denim decided to throw so many plot bunnies my way. It would fit in just after Chapter 18, the one I am currently writing now. It has a comedic base, almost as a bit of relief for the overall seriousness of my fic so far.

My question I place to anyone who has an opinion: Should I make it a separate story? (It very well could be considered as such, but anyone who read it stand-alone might be a bit confused) Or should I just incorporate it into WPC and title it as an Interlude chapter?

#5 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

I was recently re-reading Chapter 17, and I realized that it makes perfect sense for Itachi to be Jiraya's spy inside Atkasuki. Further, I cannot remember anything off the top of my head that contradicts this in the manga. In Part I, Itachi is reluctant to fight Jiraya, and even orders Kisame to retreat when faced with a possible fight with old 'Ero-Sennin'.
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#6 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Haha, you caught onto that, I'm glad. I was thinking the same thing. biggrin.gif

#7 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

Its no surprise that Itachi would be the spy in that regard considering the nature of his mission regarding his clan.

Also though another thing to keep in mind is that itahcis smart enough to know better then to mess with Jiraiya. Jiraiya is the most powerful of the Sannin and as he said the two fot hem combiend might be able to fight him to a draw. which is saying something.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

Hello, just wanna say love the fic, so much so I re-read the whole thing recently, apparently this fic is longer than I originally thought..lol

But I did pick up something that confused me, and wasn't sure if it was deliberate or one of them continuaty problems you see when such lengthy stories are being written. Anyway in chapter Six, when the Daimyo visits, he says how recent reports indicate that Orochimaru has been killed by Sasuke, but in Chapter 16, he is present and alive when Karin's blood-senses fully awoke.

So is this a plot twist, or did you misplace the information of Orochimaru's demise as it was only mentioned once in chapter 6 and never mentioned again?

iAnby7W.gif

#9 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

Plot error. Originally when writing the fic, Orochimaru was going to be dead, having JUST been killed.

But when Kushina was added to the story, I had to flip flop some things around, and it made more sense to have Orochimaru be alive.

I'm currently in the process of editing older chapters as I post new ones, which I was going to remark once I posted Chapter 18. Speaking of C18, it's almost done... I'm just putting together the little snippets of a fight scene together, then Denim's gonna beta it before I post it. If all goes well it will be up this weekend.

I've got vacation coming up soon, so keep your fingers crossed that I can get a LOT done.

#10 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

Thought I'd post an update (have to double post for the semi-bump, edits don't refresh posts sleep.gif).

Chapters 4, 5, and 6 have been redone, I will be shooting them to my good olde beta named Denim soon enough. Chapter 6 has been fix'd to retcon a major plothole.

The Interlude chapter is about 1/2 done.

Chapter 19 is half done, but completely outlined so once I get typing it'll keep flowing till I'm done.

Outline for chapter 20 is half done.

If anyone is curious, I also started the next chapter of Hindsight::Foresight. So much to do, so little time!

#11 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

:Yayz:

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:08 AM

UPDATE? UPDATE? COME ON BRO!

#13 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:59 AM

Funny how I had this thread open for about 2 hours, refreshed it, and saw your post. tongue.gif I also updated my fanfic profile. Next chapter is pretty much done. As of this instant, I'm fixing chapter 7. I'll probably have something posted tomorrow, if Denim is around to beta.

#14 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:13 AM

So, at most it'll take you at least a week?

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#15 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:31 AM

Ick, I hope it won't take a week. I've got it mostly done, I'm just trying to finish off the last scene of chap 22. While I'm writing it I'm going back and fixing up the old chapters that I did before I had a beta. Chapters that have titles are the edited and/or beta'd ones.

But if you dont want to get your hopes dashed, then I guess you can consider it to be by the end of the week? lol

#16 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 03:49 AM

hm.png

Excellent news.

#17 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:17 AM

Chapter 22 has been completed, and sent to be beta-read.

I have to start on Chapter 23 now before Dragon Age arrives. tongue.gif

#18 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:20 PM

I just read it. and it's still as great as ever!!! ah.... the epic foreshadowing... I sure hope the Minato Gaiden that Kishi's been thinking about to work on does turn out similar.... & oh, just one more thing, whatever you do please don't kill Killerbee!!! also, if you're going to put in the Pain arc, I'm sure you know what to do fu.png ..... & plus, Kushina will probably threaten (or even worse torture) Inoichi in anyway possible when she finds out that Minato is still alive. Boy, poor Naruto will be traumatized.....

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#19 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

Glad you liked it. smile.gif

I don't have plans for Killerbee to die, but he still won't appear for a little while yet, either. The Pain arc is coming up shortly.

As for Minato, he's not -really- alive right now. It's... complicated. tongue.gif

#20 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:08 PM

But that won't stop Kushina rampaging inside Naruto, (boy he'll be getting a major headache) tongue.gif

248793.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users