Close
Photo

What Happened During The Time Lapse At The End Of Naruto?

time lapse naruto shippuden

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Emb3rs

Emb3rs

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Hi I'm Emb3rs, I'm new to the Anime world having only watched Attack on Titan and Naruto. I support NaruSaku and enjoy reading the fanfictions and discussions so i hope to learn more from this fandom.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:33 AM

Ok so I haven’t gotten past episode 312 of Shippuden and I haven’t read the manga, but I cant find a direct answer for this.
   How long was the time lapse between the end of the war and Naruto the last when he became Hokage? What happened in between those years and what made Naruto finally become Hokage?

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:58 AM

Ok so I havent gotten past episode 312 of Shippuden and I havent read the manga, but I cant find a direct answer for this.
   How long was the time lapse between the end of the war and Naruto the last when he became Hokage? What happened in between those years and what made Naruto finally become Hokage?

I dunno exactly when did he become hokage, maybe between 8 to 10 years.

Kakashi resignation.

#3 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:51 AM

Ok so I haven’t gotten past episode 312 of Shippuden and I haven’t read the manga, but I cant find a direct answer for this.

It's 3 years between the end of war and the last

Everyone seems to think its 2 years but 2 years is actually the time during sasuke's leaving and the last

It's said in kakashi novel and sakura novel sasuke stayed a whole year in the village after the end of the war till he leaves again 

#4 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

It's 3 years between the end of war and the last
Everyone seems to think its 2 years but 2 years is actually the time during sasuke's leaving and the last
It's said in kakashi novel and sakura novel sasuke stayed a whole year in the village after the end of the war till he leaves again 

It's 2 years, because at the end of war arc naruto is seventeen years old and in the last he's nineteen.

#5 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

It's 2 years, because at the end of war arc naruto is seventeen years old and in the last he's nineteen.

If you look at official cronogam it's said the last happens 2 years after sasuke's leaving right ?

Now if you look at novels it's said kakashi became hokage exactally 1 year after the end of war and when sasuke leaves kakashi already is hokage so IDK

anyway the timeline is already kittened up

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Fire nation attacked.

#7 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

Fire nation attacked.

IDK why but I'm laghing my ass off right now while reading this lol

#8 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

If you look at official cronogam it's said the last happens 2 years after sasuke's leaving right ?
Now if you look at novels it's said kakashi became hokage exactally 1 year after the end of war and when sasuke leaves kakashi already is hokage so IDK
anyway the timeline is already kittened up

Yes, timeline is bad in this manga.

#9 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

The timeline has always been messy with this series. I guess Kishi couldn't handle its lore.

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

What happened in between those years and what made Naruto finally become Hokage?

Uunfortunately, explaining it doesn't mean it makes any more sense. Aside from a few minor details, the time between the end of the war and Naruto's Hokage years is a big gap in the story. In the novels it gives a first-person view of some activity each character engaged in during those years, allowing you to fill in a bigger picture. Such as, Kakashi sent all the ninja on a top-secret mission to get gifts for Naruto's wedding. Things like that. 

But as far as indepth reasoning and rationale, there is none. And, imho, Naruto gets the worst of it. We are never really told why Kakashi came before Naruto, how Naruto felt about it, what prompted Kakashi to retire when he was still relatively young, and what exactly Naruto does as Hokage that makes him different from the rest of the kages and shows he still has his 'ninja way.' It's an important point that was touched on again and again in the first half of the manga. But it's entirely skipped over in the end. Naruto's role after the manga ending is almost completely in reaction to everyone else. It seems there no direct or meaningful emotional moments from him. No true development. Just the other characters developing, and Naruto moving along with it like a secondary character.

Sorry to be disappointing, but to me it is lacking a lot.

There's more info in the novel threads, if you're interested. Each one has a good summary that will fill you in on what happened with each character in the interim time. And the novels are still coming out - I think Shikamaru is next? - so if you like them, it's still going on.

So yes, the timeline is screwy. But even if it were straightforward, the story itself is just without heart anymore.

#11 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

^naruto berated tsunade for being a drunk so kakashi become hokage.. something along that line

Edited by Hanabi, 23 November 2015 - 02:06 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#12 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

^naruto berated tsunade for being a drunk so kakashi become hokage.. something along that line

*facepalm* I completely forgot about that. So awful. I haven't read/seen anything after the end of the manga except for the summaries. And even those I've zipped through because they are simply too painful. I wish I'd had more forethought like KnS and decided to skip the ending of the manga altogether. So there's little details like Naruto putting Tsunade down that I've forgotten about.

#13 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

*facepalm* I completely forgot about that. So awful. I haven't read/seen anything after the end of the manga except for the summaries. And even those I've zipped through because they are simply too painful. I wish I'd had more forethought like KnS and decided to skip the ending of the manga altogether. So there's little details like Naruto putting Tsunade down that I've forgotten about.

to be fair, he was judgmental of her from the start.

then she become one of his precious people who he calls grandma-chan.. where nobody else dared to call her informally

then the fire nation attacked..

Edited by Hanabi, 23 November 2015 - 02:15 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#14 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:19 PM

to be fair, he was judgmental of her from the start.

then she become one of his precious people who he calls grandma-chan.. where nobody else dared to call her informally

then the fire nation attacked..

He did that with jiraiya too.

Then the fire nation attacked...

#15 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

See, Naruto is so disappointing.

At least the fire nation is still reliable.

#16 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

How long was the time lapse between the end of the war, Naruto the last, and when he became Hokage?

Hold on let me think.....

War arc ended on Naruto's birthday so he was age 17.

(From the war arc to after the last: Those awful novels not sure if their canon or not.)

The Last happened two years later so Naruto age 19.

Is married to hinata (six mouths after the last) and has Bolt by age 20.

The inauguration one shot bolt salad and the daughter look close to what they do in the gaiden and bolt movie. So Naruto became Hokage somewhere between age 29-31.

The gaiden happen right before graduation so Naruto was 32 when that happen.

And finally The bolt movie Team Konohamaru had already been at it for awhile so Naruto age 33.

What happened in between those years and what made Naruto finally become Hokage?

Oh that one is much easier to answer...Nothing. He did nothing to earn the title of Hokage. Absolutely nothing. As far as I can tell Kakashi got bored and wanted to retire and Shikamaru didn't want the job. So they gave it to Naruto.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 28 November 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#17 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:02 PM

@tricksie my bad, i read kakashi's novel summary on wiki and you're right, kakashi's made hokage after the war for no reason.

Two months later in Konohagakure, Naruto, having recently acquired a prosthetic arm to replace the one he lost during the War, tries to get Kakashi Hatake's attention. After failing to ignore Naruto, Kakashi allows Naruto to ask him the same question everyone else does: when will he officially take on the responsibilities of Hokage. Naruto points out that Kakashi's face has already been added to the Hokage Rock, so for Tsunade to continue to be in charge confuses everyone. Naruto also argues that Tsunade is too old to continue being Hokage and unfit for the responsibilities, unaware that Tsunade is behind him.

After Tsunade angrily knocks Naruto unconscious, she too asks about Kakashi's plans. Kakashi feels unqualified since he no longer has his Sharingan and therefore can't properly use the Lightning Cutter anymore. He asks for her to wait until his current mission is complete before demanding his decision. Kakashi is to oversee security for the maiden voyage of the Tobishachimaru, as most of Konoha's other forces are on guard duty for the Blood Prison

naruto was joking and wanted to help Kakashi to feel better to take the seat. 

I think if she’s aimlessly gone during the day, she drinks sake, probably…at the gambling places trying to start quarrels. This war for her at an old age, didn’t (you) realize it?””

i'm glad tsunade knocked him out :no:

Edited by Hanabi, 23 November 2015 - 03:06 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#18 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

Uunfortunately, explaining it doesn't mean it makes any more sense. Aside from a few minor details, the time between the end of the war and Naruto's Hokage years is a big gap in the story. In the novels it gives a first-person view of some activity each character engaged in during those years, allowing you to fill in a bigger picture. Such as, Kakashi sent all the ninja on a top-secret mission to get gifts for Naruto's wedding. Things like that. 

But as far as indepth reasoning and rationale, there is none. And, imho, Naruto gets the worst of it. We are never really told why Kakashi came before Naruto, how Naruto felt about it, what prompted Kakashi to retire when he was still relatively young, and what exactly Naruto does as Hokage that makes him different from the rest of the kages and shows he still has his 'ninja way.' It's an important point that was touched on again and again in the first half of the manga. But it's entirely skipped over in the end. Naruto's role after the manga ending is almost completely in reaction to everyone else. It seems there no direct or meaningful emotional moments from him. No true development. Just the other characters developing, and Naruto moving along with it like a secondary character.

There's more info in the novel threads, if you're interested. Each one has a good summary that will fill you in on what happened with each character in the interim time. And the novels are still coming out - I think Shikamaru is next? - so if you like them, it's still going on.

So yes, the timeline is screwy. But even if it were straightforward, the story itself is just without heart anymore.

It's really astounding how Naruto gets undercut so much in the second half of the story and the post-700 supplementary material. I was thinking about the Wave Arc and how Naruto was so insistent that he would do things HIS way. I suppose we're supposed to see that because of the frequency with which he uses TnJ in the second half? But it'd have been really interesting to see a practical application of his beliefs as a leader.

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

Those Novels are already out and we already got the informat...Are you reading the translated version? They are still coming out in the states? I hoped they might have backed off doing that to save some dignity. Why would most people even Naruto fans in the states even buy those novels? 

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:52 AM

It's really astounding how Naruto gets undercut so much in the second half of the story and the post-700 supplementary material. I was thinking about the Wave Arc and how Naruto was so insistent that he would do things HIS way. I suppose we're supposed to see that because of the frequency with which he uses TnJ in the second half? But it'd have been really interesting to see a practical application of his beliefs as a leader.

In theory it look like Naruto was taking a minor leader role by the war arc. At least leading the charge.Where we really seen his skills as a leader was the last and everything after that. But the director was to busy trying turning the movie into an art project to impresses some foreign art snob friends he might have and the writer cared only about him ending up with hinata at the cost of everything else. So he ended up as nothing more than a attack dog for shikamaru and a guard dog for hinata and i think i just insult the intelligence of dogs. The novels his only job was dating hinata. The gaiden he was at least doing something by meeting up with Sasuke but it didn't allow kishi to show him in a leader role. And finally in Bolt's movie where kishi could show us his leadership ability he is dispassionate from his job and has completely distance him self from his family and in a crisis he had to get captured to extend the plot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users