135 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:03 AM

Charlotte

So far I'm really enjoying this anime-original show animated by P.A. Works and created by the visual novel company Key, also known for its visual novels Clannad, Kanon, Air, etc. and their involvement in the popular anime Angel Beats! Charlotte will be 13 episodes long.

Synopsis

Very few adolescent boys and girls have an onset of special abilities. Yuu Otosaka uses his ability unbeknownst to others in order to lead a satisfying school life. And then, a girl named Nao Tomori suddenly appears before him. Their encounter reveals the destiny for wielders of special abilities.

Source: myanimelist.net

Cast(left picture)

charlotte-anime-747x500.jpg?25c558

Before you ask: I have no idea who the two people on the right side are, but I thought it would be interesting to post this official promo poster in here. This image and the certain scenes in the opening foreshadow that the plot will get darker along down the road.

Trailer

So anyone else watching this :D?

Edited by trang95, 15 July 2015 - 12:05 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

Is this truly interesting?
Some people in anime forum said it is the best anime of this summer.
Is that right?

#3 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

Is this truly interesting?
Some people in anime forum said it is the best anime of this summer.
Is that right?

It has the potential to become very dark (supernatural powers- scientists trying to do some human experimentation, you know, that kind of stuff). There are already a few mysteries already introduced, with the major one being: Who or what the kitten is "Charlotte" (I'm assuming it's the codename for some kind of human project)? I chuckled a few times, not only b/c of the stupidity and cockiness presented by the MC, but also at the absurd and imperfect abilities some of the teenagers have XD

I will say though that I am not too familiar with series produced by Key. I've never watched Angel Beats, Air, and only watched a few episodes of Clannad so far. Some fans speculate that it will follow the same plot formula the company Key is known for (don't ask me what it is exactly, but from what I've gathered it's all about feels).

It's one of my personal favorites of this season.

Take a look at the opening, maybe it helps b/c it foreshadows quite a lot of things:

Only thing I don't like about the show is the MC's little sister... She's a bit annoying in my eyes, that's it. I don't like her voice, too energetic, but oh well, she'll most likely become an important plot device later on.

Edited by trang95, 15 July 2015 - 12:24 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#4 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:13 AM

Well, you don't like tsundere.
From what I know, Most tsundere character usually is a litter sister or bratty girl.

#5 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:27 AM

Well, you don't like tsundere.
From what I know, Most tsundere character usually is a litter sister or bratty girl.

It depends... I'm iffy on Tsunderes. Like I don't like the tsundere side of Rin Tousaka, but I like it on Erina Nakiri.

The sister isn't really a tsundere. If anything, just a moe girl in my eyes who acts as the little sunshine in the MC's life.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#6 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

Ah, we got a thread! Thanks Trang<3

Well I gotta say that this anime is really interesting. First I thought it would be one of the "high school girls" anime series, because of the name, but nope it wasn't.
I really love the MC, he is a dork but very likable. 

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#7 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:42 AM

Well I gotta say that this anime is really interesting. First I thought it would be one of the "high school girls" anime series, because of the name, but nope it wasn't.

Had to make a thread for this. Tbh though, I'm still a bit skeptical about the show. In today's episode they tried to hard with the feels. That redhair's confession didn't touch at all tbh. The comedy is there, but they need to tone down the exagerated reactions some of the characters have sometimes. And for this type of show, I prefer no moe (which is why I don't mind if we get to see Misa more often than her little sister).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#8 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

I've seen 2 episodes so far. First episode was kind of slow and it didn't hook me in right away but the second one did.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#9 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:37 AM

dork it is!

Its too early to judge this anime but so far with 2 episodes i'm giving a thumbs-up. It did hooked me but not THAT much.

I first saw the trailer on ANIMAX and thought it will be super dramatic etc. and i hate those kinds of genre so i was glad that there was comedy.

Some parts did intrigued me but hopefully i won't find it too predictable.

As early as episode 2 they had already dropped some drama balls

that "someone" he seems to have forgotten that was with the MC and his sister... then his sister's power..

as long as they keep up a good pace then it will go well.

The other titles they mentioned to attract people on this series aren't too effective for me but this seems more promising.

I mean i know a lot of people keeps saying clannad was great etc and i usually just shut my mouth about that topic but i actually don't like it. i mean it was okay but i could never finish watching it cause i got too bored. the rest i haven't seen yet. Altho im familiar with angel beats

#10 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

Had to make a thread for this. Tbh though, I'm still a bit skeptical about the show. In today's episode they tried to hard with the feels. That redhair's confession didn't touch at all tbh. The comedy is there, but they need to tone down the exagerated reactions some of the characters have sometimes. And for this type of show, I prefer no moe (which is why I don't mind if we get to see Misa more often than her little sister).

Still haven't got a chance to watch anything this week T_T I'll try watch the episode soon. 

My sister watched the series before I did, she even told me that I wouldn't really like it since she know which animes I watch. But surprisingly I really really liked the first 2 episodes. The animation is beautiful.
Misa??

dork it is!

Its too early to judge this anime but so far with 2 episodes i'm giving a thumbs-up. It did hooked me but not THAT much.

I first saw the trailer on ANIMAX and thought it will be super dramatic etc. and i hate those kinds of genre so i was glad that there was comedy.

that "someone" he seems to have forgotten that was with the MC and his sister... then his sister's power..

The other titles they mentioned to attract people on this series aren't too effective for me but this seems more promising.

I mean i know a lot of people keeps saying clannad was great etc and i usually just shut my mouth about that topic but i actually don't like it. i mean it was okay but i could never finish watching it cause i got too bored. the rest i haven't seen yet. Altho im familiar with angel beats

I usually judge animes really really fast XD. One is by the title, the other by which animation studio that animates it. I haven't watched the trailer yet..

Wait.. do we know his sisters powers?!

Also, any favorites?? :D   

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

dork it is!

Episode 3 so far was the weakest episode in my eyes. You'll see what I mean when you get to it. Imao, I'm always surprised at how mixed the reactions to Clannad can be. I haven't finished season 1 yet. Have you watched both seasons?

Edited by trang95, 19 July 2015 - 02:20 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

Still haven't got a chance to watch anything this week T_T I'll try watch the episode soon. 
My sister watched the series before I did, she even told me that I wouldn't really like it since she know which animes I watch. But surprisingly I really really liked the first 2 episodes. The animation is beautiful.
Misa??

I usually judge animes really really fast XD. One is by the title, the other by which animation studio that animates it. I haven't watched the trailer yet..

Wait.. do we know his sisters powers?!

Also, any favorites?? :D   

If you watch episode 3, you'll see what I mean with Misa. Honestly, so far, I'm not feeling or am truly excited about any of the summer animes so far (not counting seaquels or two cour animes like Durarara or Shokugeki no Soma). If you're asking me about favorites, they are Rokka no Yusha (really super slow pacing, but best world building of this season with a MC who feels like a showoff but is actually very sly) and Gakkou Gurashi (caught up with the manga a few days ago, or otherwise I wouldn't be as excited). Akagagami no Shirayuki-hime is pretty good, but I hope that the pacing will pick up soon as I don't see an overall arching storyline (feels more of like slice of life with sometimes a few political arcs coming up here and there). Gangsta, uh... Nothing really has happened so far. Fall season can't come soon enough: Just knowing that Haikyuu, Noragami, and One Punch Man are coming make that upcoming season so much better than this one in my eyes (two be fair, two of them are sequels, lol). Oh, almost caught up with HunterxHunter. I've been bingewatching the kitten out of that anime for the last few weeks XD

Edited by trang95, 19 July 2015 - 02:21 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#13 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

If you watch episode 3, you'll see what I mean with Misa. Honestly, so far, I'm not feeling or am truly excited about any of the summer animes so far (not counting seaquels or two cour animes like Durarara or Shokugeki no Soma). If you're asking me about favorites, they are Rokka no Yusha (really super slow pacing, but best world building of this season with a MC who feels like a showoff but is actually very sly) and Gakkou Gurashi (caught up with the manga a few days ago, or otherwise I wouldn't be as excited). Akagagami no Shirayuki-hime is pretty good, but I hope that the pacing will pick up soon as I don't see an overall arching storyline (feels more of like slice of life with sometimes a few political arcs coming up here and there). Gangsta, uh... Nothing really has happened so far. Fall season can't come soon enough: Just knowing that Haikyuu, Noragami, and One Punch Man are coming make that upcoming season so much better than this one in my eyes (two be fair, two of them are sequels, lol). Oh, almost caught up with HunterxHunter. I've been bingewatching the kitten out of that anime for the last few weeks XD

For summer animes I only thought I would be watching Gangsta, but I got 2 series more with it. I wanted to use the summer on catching up with some other animes before fall (I'm SO excited for Haikyuu, One punch man and Owari no Seraph XD)

I even made an account on MyAnimeList with all the anime/mangas I'm reading/planing to read... I never thought I watched/read so much  :sweatdrop:

I really really wanna watch HunterXHunter! What episode??

#14 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

For summer animes I only thought I would be watching Gangsta, but I got 2 series more with it. I wanted to use the summer on catching up with some other animes before fall (I'm SO excited for Haikyuu, One punch man and Owari no Seraph XD)
I even made an account on MyAnimeList with all the anime/mangas I'm reading/planing to read... I never thought I watched/read so much  :sweatdrop:

I really really wanna watch HunterXHunter! What episode??

Yeah, no kidding. Sometimes we take on so much o_O I have to rewatch Haikyuu soon, too. Have you watched Noragami yet? Right now, I'm on episode 134. Been watching 4-5 episodes every day with my brother. It's, uh, a different shounen and has one of the best friendships in any shouenen I've ever seen (Gon and Killua <3).

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#15 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Sometimes we take on so much o_O I have to rewatch Haikyuu soon, too. Have you watched Noragami yet? Right now, I'm on episode 134. Been watching 4-5 episodes every day with my brother. It's, uh, a different shounen and has one of the best friendships in any shouenen I've ever seen (Gon and Killua <3).

Yeah, so so true XD 
I don't think I'll rewatch Haikyuu, maybe I'll just watch the last game and read some chapters from the manga. I watched the first 2 episodes of Noragami, Durarara is on-hold til I finished both Noragami and Death Note (I began watching the series so late T_T)

HunterXHunter will be on my list for now, but I probably will first read/watch it next year. Also have you read/watched Bakuman? It's also a very different shounen.

#16 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

Yeah, so so true XD 
I don't think I'll rewatch Haikyuu, maybe I'll just watch the last game and read some chapters from the manga. I watched the first 2 episodes of Noragami, Durarara is on-hold til I finished both Noragami and Death Note (I began watching the series so late T_T)

HunterXHunter will be on my list for now, but I probably will first read/watch it next year. Also have you read/watched Bakuman? It's also a very different shounen.

I caught up with Durarara completely a few days ago (thank god). Now I can participate in the weekly discussions. Aye, you'll like Noragami :3 Yato is the best XD Last arc is filler though, so keep that in mind. Death Note... Maybe next year. I heard about Bakuman, and I'm i tefestrd in it, but I'll need to see if I ever get to watchinf it.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#17 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

I caught up with Durarara completely a few days ago (thank god). Now I can participate in the weekly discussions. Aye, you'll like Noragami :3 Yato is the best XD Last arc is filler though, so keep that in mind. Death Note... Maybe next year. I heard about Bakuman, and I'm i tefestrd in it, but I'll need to see if I ever get to watchinf it.

I'll try finishing Durarara before 2nd seasons 3rd part, hopefully I'll do that! I read the manga and watched the anime to Noragami last year, but I dropped it after a while.. I think it was because I was busy with One Piece. lmao, I freaking love Yato! 
Death note is one of the best shounens literally, I love it! Since Bakuman and Death note is made by the same author I thought I could read/watch both.  

#18 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

I think I may check this out a little later. My plate is a bit full right now.

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:33 PM

I think I may check this out a little later. My plate is a bit full right now.

What are you watching right now?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

What are you watching right now?

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Ranpo Kidan: Game of Laplace, Arslan Senki, Ore Monogatari, Durarara, Baccano, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)... I don't remember. :twitch:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P.A. Works, Key (company), Jun Maeda, anime original, beautiful animation, school, super power, drama, comedy, main character is a jerk :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users