#10241 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Oh I knew that it's only American fanbase. I'm just saying at times, Japan does seem like they were getting new type of audience as time goes by. I keep hearing how one great anime (forgot the name, my friend knows) got bad rating (not review, tv rating), yet something fanservice get a lot of views. It's like you must do fan service or any sort of man's fantasy, or I'll cancel you situation. It's the reason why I stopped altogether and just stick to the one I pretty much stood by with (Naruto, Bleach). I spread more at times, but they ended up getting declined or something. Needless to say, it wasn't easy.

I never experienced that though.  probably because I watch older anime as well as new ones.  I don't know if fanservice is a factor or not.  Uchuu Kyodai has been running for over a year now.  I haven't been watching it, but I assume it's a little to none fanservice show.  Wonder what anime it was that got cancelled.  I know how some shows based on manga sometimes overtake the manga, and that's usually a hit or miss type of thing.  Maybe it was one of those.

Oh, I was looking through chapters, and I don't know if it's been discussed, but Obito has mentioned Mito has the ability to sense hostility like Naruto now.  I wonder if this ability is trained in order to possess by Uzumakis or she was a special case.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 21 October 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#10242 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Oh, that's mother Wikia, so to speak, not the Naruto one. I had a hard time believing they would do that, haha.

Oh you thought I meant the Naruto wiki, sorry my bad. They are too biased to put that up. I guess on the main one can only remain unbiased 

I always wanted to see Naruto wear a leaf jacket, but it looks like we never will at the moment.

#10243 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Oh you thought I meant the Naruto wiki, sorry my bad. They are too biased to put that up. I guess on the main one can only remain unbiased 

I always wanted to see Naruto wear a leaf jacket, but it looks like we never will at the moment.

This is before he fought Pain.. While reading Jiraiya's novel. Nagato's version (when Saruto is tnj-ing him) is funny too x)

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#10244 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

I never experienced that though.  probably because I watch older anime as well as new ones.  I don't know if fanservice is a factor or not.  Uchuu Kyodai has been running for over a year now.  I haven't been watching it, but I assume it's a little to none fanservice show.  Wonder what anime it was that got cancelled.  I know how some shows based on manga sometimes overtake the manga, and that's usually a hit or miss type of thing.  Maybe it was one of those.

Oh, I was looking through chapters, and I don't know if it's been discussed, but Obito has mentioned Mito has the ability to sense hostility like Naruto now.  I wonder if this ability is trained in order to possess by Uzumakis or she was a special case.

I think D.Gray Man anime got cancelled but the manga is still going on slowly. Awesome anime btw. Tons of action and some romance. Lenalee x Allen. I recommend it.

#10245 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

This is before he fought Pain.. While reading Jiraiya's novel. Nagato's version (when Saruto is tnj-ing him) is funny too x)

Well that's an old one, what I meant was in the current timeline, I suppose if he wasn't hidden from the war at first he might of warn on along with the rest o the K11.

#10246 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

I wouldn't say fanservice is needed at all times, but they do provide a good amount to the point it's hard to take the show serious or not. For the record, while I know fanservice definition is like more than just well women doing "nose bleed" factor for guys, but when I say it, it's the latter only. I guess that's why tentacle *beep* and beach episode is the well known moment to expect. I think what turned me off the most is doing those on lolis. That's strange to me and I couldn't feel any more uncomfortable if I can. It was the peak that I said I quit. That and Gundam got to target kids. The hell man...

Well, the point is it was declining my interest to the point I said, "If Naruto ends, then I'm screwed with anime." So it took me a while to get back. Now, like Cartoon Network at one point, it's getting back on its feet, so here I am.

#10247 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

I think D.Gray Man anime got cancelled but the manga is still going on slowly. Awesome anime btw. Tons of action and some romance. Lenalee x Allen. I recommend it.

I didn't think that one but ok. Oh! A fan! So underrated though the sales were pretty good, so maybe I'm wrong altogether. If it starts up, it all depends on the loyalty but it seems like the manga volume is beginning to come back with additional scenes, so let's see if the fans still wait as I am. I even reviewed it a long time ago. Glad you like that couple because I'm with you there. I should recap and create my list of pairings that I like a lot and ship though ship would be NS only.

#10248 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

I didn't think that one but ok. Oh! A fan! So underrated though the sales were pretty good, so maybe I'm wrong altogether. If it starts up, it all depends on the loyalty but it seems like the manga volume is beginning to come back with additional scenes, so let's see if the fans still wait as I am. I even reviewed it a long time ago. Glad you like that couple because I'm with you there. I should recap and create my list of pairings that I like a lot and ship though ship would be NS only.

I think it could have been as big as Naruto if promoted properly. But I love Lenalee battles and Allen's as well. Lavi is my favourite character  tho. Dark boots is my favourite innocence.

Edited by Baka chan, 21 October 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#10249 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

I think it could have been as big as Naruto if promoted properly. But I love Lenalee battles and Allen's as well. Lavi is my favourite character  tho. Dark boots is my favourite innocence.

I once said, "I don't understand how this is not in Shounen trinity. If I were to replace it, it would be Bleach." It was the time when Bleach was getting me upset. Anyway, yeah, I do agree on that. I mean even in USA it sold pretty well, so it's no stranger to the fans. The one thing I like is that they only have one boss organization (much like Naruto), but they do have enemies spawning around the world for them to fight, including the evolving akumas, so not all battle feels fodder, rather something to be aware of. Example like how the 4th evolution happened and it was so powerful, that not many can take it out until they get stronger themselves, much like if Juubi clones happen in beginning of part 2, it would be hell for the main cast, let alone no Sasuke, to take them out. Plus the powerup system works differently than many other shounens, so that's cool.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 21 October 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#10250 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

I wouldn't say fanservice is needed at all times, but they do provide a good amount to the point it's hard to take the show serious or not. For the record, while I know fanservice definition is like more than just well women doing "nose bleed" factor for guys, but when I say it, it's the latter only. I guess that's why tentacle *beep* and beach episode is the well known moment to expect. I think what turned me off the most is doing those on lolis. That's strange to me and I couldn't feel any more uncomfortable if I can. It was the peak that I said I quit. That and Gundam got to target kids. The hell man...

Well, the point is it was declining my interest to the point I said, "If Naruto ends, then I'm screwed with anime." So it took me a while to get back. Now, like Cartoon Network at one point, it's getting back on its feet, so here I am.

Good to hear, we'd be sad to lose you.  Are you talking about Gundam Build Fighters?  I wouldn't judge it just yet.  It could surprise us.  I bet many thought a PreCure series couldn't get dark, yet we now have DokiDoki (the title is misleading isn't it?).

I'll add it to my watch/ read list.  I've heard good things about it, just that the manga has been on hiatus.  A manga, well Manwha actually, called Witch Hunter that is similar in plot and is unfairly called a copy of D-Grayman by others.  I'd recommend that as well for anyone.  One thing I'll note is it's comedy is good.  It also is action/adventure, and has an intricate storyline that hooks you.  It's actually licensed and being sold in the US in Omnibus format, under the heading Witch Buster (due to copyright) though it's only used as the title.  The actually chapters keeps it as Witch Hunter.  I'm going to start buying the volumes as soon as I save some money.

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 21 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#10251 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Good to hear, we'd be sad to lose you.  Are you talking about Gundam Build Fighters?  I wouldn't judge it just yet.  It could surprise us.  I bet many thought a PreCure series couldn't get dark, yet we now have DokiDoki (the title is misleading isn't it?).

No, but I heard about it. I was referring to Age. While I got spoiled that some part gets grim, eh, the artstyle screams E+10 rather than Teen. It sounds not much change, but you'll be surprised there is. Well, it's a good thing I retain and now I'm like going full force. It actually feels good again.

#10252 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

While it was not the grim fest like certain Gundam series, it was still pretty serious, given the themes of segregation and coexistent.  The antagonists are like the Zeon in how they care about results instead of methods, and how the people on Earth being attacked think of them as monsters.  There's also the ideal protagonist who cares for both sides and tries to find a way to find the two sides to be diplomatic with each other.  I understand how it can be regarded as a kid show, but people do die, sometimes even tragically, though I would regard it as a mecha shounen for the lack of blood, and soft visuals as you mentioned.   Also, the protagonist was not much older than the youngest Gundam pilot of the franchise, only this time the producers won't make him basically goes through hell every episode.  While not a regular Gundam series, it had it's usually themes though "soften" them.

#10253 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

D. Gray man author can't deal with weekly manga schedule, so she decide to move to monthly manga series (jump SQ).

And a dark precure series? Is it even exist?

#10254 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

While it was not the grim fest like certain Gundam series, it was still pretty serious, given the themes of segregation and coexistent.  The antagonists are like the Zeon in how they care about results instead of methods, and how the people on Earth being attacked think of them as monsters.  There's also the ideal protagonist who cares for both sides and tries to find a way to find the two sides to be diplomatic with each other.  I understand how it can be regarded as a kid show, but people do die, sometimes even tragically, though I would regard it as a mecha shounen for the lack of blood, and soft visuals as you mentioned.   Also, the protagonist was not much older than the youngest Gundam pilot of the franchise, only this time the producers won't make him basically goes through hell every episode.  While not a regular Gundam series, it had it's usually themes though "soften" them.

Yeah, but eh, still. Don't try to capture other audience. This is what I mean about bringing other type of anime only to be failed because of preference. I feel like they had to do it to draw many but that's a little selling out, especially if the series is not trying to be different from other gundams. If you go differently, might as well as go differently altogether. It's like watching Pokemon character models in Gundam. I don't know, it feels odd. I'll watch it sure, but I am warned about the pairing in the first part. I heard it was pure "why". I know gundam series has problems with the protagonist romance, excluding G, but I think this one may take it another level. I got to see it.

#10255 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

D. Gray man author can't deal with weekly manga schedule, so she decide to move to monthly manga series (jump SQ).

And a dark precure series? Is it even exist?

Apparently.  It made the list of "Break the Cutie" trope on the tvtropes website.  Here's a link:  http://tvtropes.org/...kTheCutie/Anime.  It's in that list near the very bottom.  I was surprised too, though I only stopped at "darkest PreCure yet" and "family unfriendly show".

Yeah, but eh, still. Don't try to capture other audience. This is what I mean about bringing other type of anime only to be failed because of preference. I feel like they had to do it to draw many but that's a little selling out, especially if the series is not trying to be different from other gundams. If you go differently, might as well as go differently altogether. It's like watching Pokemon character models in Gundam. I don't know, it feels odd. I'll watch it sure, but I am warned about the pairing in the first part. I heard it was pure "why". I know gundam series has problems with the protagonist romance, excluding G, but I think this one may take it another level. I got to see it.

Oh yeah, I heard that myself a couple of times.  I haven't actually seen the episodes, but from what I know:

spoiler

Edited by DattebayoXShannaro, 22 October 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#10256 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Oh yeah, I heard that myself a couple of times.  I haven't actually seen the episodes, but from what I know:

spoiler

Yeah, that's the one. Sure, the ending (forgot the opening) shows the winner, which by the way for gundam series, they are very obvious before the ride starts. If you watch almost all of them, the opening/ending does not hide the winner. It's worse than movie trailers showing a kiss scene before you even get to watch the movie. Sheesh, maybe we need love. Anyway, even though the ending hinted the winner, the main problem from what I heard is they NEVER capitalized it. So what the....no, not going to say it. Sigh...

#10257 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Yeah I could see why that might be cool but personally I've always seen those jackets to be a limitation. As soon as you put one on you guarantee that you're not going to be the strongest since all the most powerful people wear unique clothing. It's a  fact, you cannot dispute it.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10258 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yeah, that's the one. Sure, the ending (forgot the opening) shows the winner, which by the way for gundam series, they are very obvious before the ride starts. If you watch almost all of them, the opening/ending does not hide the winner. It's worse than movie trailers showing a kiss scene before you even get to watch the movie. Sheesh, maybe we need love. Anyway, even though the ending hinted the winner, the main problem from what I heard is they NEVER capitalized it. So what the....no, not going to say it. Sigh...

Turn A and Victory are clear exceptions to this though.  The main character doesn't even get into a relationship. Turn A was even worse where the main character was basically a plot device to move things along.

#10259 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Turn A and Victory are clear exceptions to this though.  The main character doesn't even get into a relationship. Turn A was even worse where the main character was basically a plot device to move things along.

Yeah, that is true. Still, don't need a reminder. Sheesh, it's ironic that the only time it works well in Gundam series is to be completely different (though X actually have a pairing confirmation with a reasonable developments). Anyway, enough of that talk, I just have to learn myself instead acting like I know them, but it will be a sigh moment on my life chapter but hey, I can't help it. I don't know why but it's always interesting to see why one show or movie sucks really bad. Like the Last Airbender....ugh....anyway, I guess it's just the way it is.

Now, on to the topic. I just wrote a post on NaruSaku month back in tumblr. So here's one.

What is your favorite NaruSaku movie/filler moment(s)?

#10260 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

^All the moments in SD :P

ナルサク

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)