• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:21 AM

So I'm always wondering what everyone else is reading manga-wise. Here's my list for right now, it's always changing:

Desire Climax
Rabbit Doubt
Rosario + Vampire
B.O.D.Y.
High School Debut
Yakitate!! Japan
Air Gear

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#2 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

Really only Naruto and D-Gray man. I've been trying to get into Lovely Complex manga also, since I loved the anime.

- Naruto
- D-Gray Man
- Lovely Complex

#3 drag-eart

drag-eart

WILSON...HitsuMatsu!..haha

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

xxxHolic
Claymore
High School of Dead(Major ECCHI, there is a part where a little girl is in between two massive jugs. I was laughing my ass off. I Highly recommend. If you are into Zombies, action, ecchi, and so on.)
Angel Densetsu
Kimi wa Petto
Rookies
B Reaction
Karin
Vagabond
Lone Wolf and Cub
Shadooh
Evil's Return
100% Perfect Girl
Unbalance x Unbalance
Mysterious Girlfriend X
C.A.T.

this is just at the top of my head, I'll name more later. All of them are unique in their own way. I recommend all of them.

If you mean books:
The Vampire Queen's Servant
Drag-eart's FF.net Profile:Drag-eart
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#4 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:31 AM

Blood Alone, Claymore, Fate Stay Night.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:58 AM

Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist
One Piece
Bleach

uc.png

#6 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:28 AM

This week I've finished

-Bremen
A rather decent rock-manga which I enjoyed alot. The story is centered around the four members of the band "Bremen" from start til they finish, and underways we get alot of totally unnecessary violence. I loved the characters, but I felt the ending was rushed and didn't quite give what I wanted from the manga. Overall it was quite good though!
-Flame of Recca
This was my ninth time reading this manga. I have no idea why I like it so much, but it's really good. I love the fighting and the characters are bloody awesome. Also, if you have only seen the anime you need the manga to finish it off since the anime ended early.
-Girls Saurus
If you want a little bit of ecchi humour, this will probably do you good. The main character met a girl who confessed her feelings to him in a rather... brutish way. The girl was built like a brickhouse (made of stones and jello) and she basically stripped herself naked infront of the boy. He was naturally scared and tried to run off, but this girl was a member of the boxing club... so she beat the living kitten out of him. Three months and fifteen stitches later, the boy has developed a phobia for women, and sees them as dinosaurs. Good thing he meets the same fat chick who nearly killed him in the boxing club then, and that the club is women only (and guess who they all target)... oh, and the fat chick is now hot after training nonstop for 3 months (MAGIC). THe first manga is over, but the sequel "Girls Saurus DX" is still going strong. Rather funny!
-H2
A baseball manga from Adachi Mitsuru. It's bloody long, but also quite awesome. I won't bother saying more than this though: It's about baseball!
-Katsu
This manga is the reason I started reading H2. It's a boxing manga from Adachi Mitsuru, and its bloody fantastic. Don't start reading it if you're expecting Ippo though, since they are very different. The humour is... so shallow it makes you feel numb from reading it, but I'll be damned if it isn't just awesome if given a shot.
-Lilim Kiss
After reading and watching Ichigo 100% a while back, I turned into a Kawakittena Mizuki fan. This manga is a short one (24 chapters), and it is about a guy who finds a succubus named Lilim inside a small flask-medallion. The girl is quite cute, and he falls for her... and it doesn't hurt that she promised him to only feed off of his life-energy after they found out that they share two moles on the same bodypart (for each one, the effect of the drained lifeforce is doubled, making him 4xregular human). A fun little romance-manga, but no Ichigo 100%.
-Show me the money
Its a manhua (taiwanese manga.. not to be mixed with korean manhwa) about a guy who lost all his money when his father was imprisoned for fraud, and he meets a superstrong girl who ends up claiming him as her husband (first part.. no spoiler dammit). She is obsessed with money, and her goal is to get a million or whatever to buy the orphanage she grew up in. This manhua is short but sweet!
-Hitomi no Catoblepas
A manga about a guy with a demon in his eye. *yawn*
It ended rather abruptly with chapter 15... or you could say it didn't end at all, since it was cancelled before the final chapter could come out. 2 Volumes long, and no ending? You gotta be kidding me!

These are the manga I read all the way through lately on OneManga, but I'll probably finish off a couple more over the weekend if nothing happens. Also, Naruto, Bleach and One Piece moves as usual!

#7 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

Rosario + Vampire

D.Gray-man

Naruto

Bleach

Eyeshield 21

Cannad

I can't recall any more biggrin.gif
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#8 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:25 AM

High School of the Dead
Evangelion Academy Record of Heaven Decent
Negima
Tenjou Tenge
To LOVE ru
Naruto
One Piece
Bleach

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#9 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Tenjou Tenge
Evangelion Academy
Kateyko Hitman Reborn
Samurai Deeper Kyo

#10 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

One Piece
D.Gray-Man
Fairy Tail
Mx0
Deadman Wonderland
Kekkaishi
Black God

#11 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:38 PM

Hmm, yea i've been reading a lot of things on and off lately, like i'll start something and never really go back to it much, but here are a couple mangas that i have and do plan to stick with:

Naruto(obviously)
Bleach
Godchild
Othello
xxxHolic
Vampire Knights(i think thats what it's called, i don't really pay much attention to the titles, sweatdrop.gif i always just recognize them from the cover)
Nosatsu Junkie

#12 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

-Naruto
-Bleach
-FMA
-just started a little bit with Clannad

(-shakugan no shana light novels (as far as they are translated)
-zero no tsukaima light novels (as far as they are translated. The novels are much better than the anime)
-Suzumiya Haruhi light novels (as far as they are translated))
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#13 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

Berserk
Just started the Millennium Falcon Arc. Really awesome and has tons of violence and blood. It's a story with amazing sword battles and fighting a bleak destiny for the main character as he literally tries to conquer his "inner demons" Also, the manga has a VERY dark theme with gore/nudity and not for the light hearted.

Bleach
Uptodate. The first 40 chapters are sort of boring, but when you reach the Soul Society arc, that's when the story really takes off. The sword fights are just crazy cool and the characters have interesting personalities with each individual having/doing something unique. And the art gets better as the manga progresses. And it has some of the coolest villains in the Espada who are just bloodthirsty backstabbing lunatics. The plot it self isn't that great, but the fights make up for that.

Naruto
Uptodate. Probably my top one because of the forums and the discussions are always active out of all the groups I'm a part of. The storyline it self isn't superb and a lot of potential is lost since the universe is very big and expandable and you can go into so much, yet the author only focuses on certain parts.Though, the art is really amazing when you go past the time skip and there is so much suspense/mystery in the story that you have to read to find out what happens next. Plus, the forums I'm on get more messages than all the others ones combined!

Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin
Rereading. It's a freaking masterpiece @_@ Has a mix of action, humor, adventure, and amazing sword fights. It's like watching a movie backwards as you learn about the main characters dark history and how he tries to continue living his life trying to change the mistakes he made. The plot is well done Samurai X is the prologue to the main character and it's truly a beautiful tragedy.

Vagabond
Uptodate. this manga is cool if you're into samurai's. It has random killing, sex/rape, random killings right after sex, rivalries, drama, personification, betrayal, and there's some Japanese history behind it because it's based of a true story. And the main character is different from the typical one that wants to get stronger since he believes he already is the strongest and through sword fights we learn about his true nature and personality and what he secretly hides inside. Also it's written by the person who finished Slam Dunk.

#14 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

I don't have a lot of free time these days, so it's only a few:

Kekkaishi
Great manga. happy.gif It's about a boy who works as a kekkaishi, a kind of exorcist, at night. Action, drama, romance, comedy, and mystery! What I really like about this manga is that it hasn't got DBZ/Bleach/Naruto-style power-up fights.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Not sure if I've seen the latest chapter as I've been so busy. I'd better check...

Eyeshield 21
My favourite weekly manga! Can't wait to see next week's chapter, the conclusion of Devilbats vs. Dinosaurs.

On and off - Naruto
To be honest, I've been fed up of the whole Uchiha thing. happy.gif; Why, Kishi, why? Why do you continually tease us with glimpses of Naruto's past, only to snatch them away and shove Sasuke's angst-filled past into our faces? and please don't tell us Orochimaru got owned again. Still, there's the hope that Sasuke vs Itachi will soon be over and done with. That's if they've stopped acting like a pair of god-moding RPers. tongue.gif

#15 drag-eart

drag-eart

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:46 PM

I've been reading

Vinland Saga: This an awesome manga set back in the time of the vikings. Great battle sequences. I recommend. So far what I've read it's pretty exciting.

Holyland: If you are fighter by nature. And you actually know how to fight. I mean really know how. Not those wimpy fights where two people just throw a barrage of hits, I mean an actual fighter. I highly Recommend this one. This the most realistic fighting manga you going to get. I enjoy it so much because I've been in a couple of situations like this and had to fight my way out of dire circumstances. Check it out

Edited by drag-eart, 09 March 2008 - 08:48 PM.

#16 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

The only two I'm reading are:

Bleach:

Now I'm not as uptodate, so far in the translation-Japanese version, but I'm currently reading the ones that are currently in Shonen Jump (they are at the beginning of the La Noches arc.)

Naruto:

Now this I am uptodate, in translation. I'm starting reading the Viz/Shonen Jump translation as well (which I now consider as a long-ass words English version dry.gif ).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#17 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

Full Metal Alchemist- On Chapter 80 was it? I think it's the latest. I was so mad with the anime that I've been following and trying to support the manga when it's here. I'm also trying to get the FMA fans to read it, because I die when I hear the anime refferences (The Pride in the Manga is WAY more awesome than the one in the Anime, so is Winry and her storyline importance ^w^)

Naruto- I actually LIKE the fighting right now, I get these images in my head of how Shippuuden is going to make it out and I do like the Uchihas. I guess it's a matter of taste and opinion.

Bleach- I'm trying to read it, I've spoiled myself insanely because I wanted to find out what was happening to Orihime (she got me into it and is my fav) so now, I wanna stop spoiling needlessly and actually start READING. On chapter 27 I think.

Hot Gimmick- On chapter 36, it's a shojou genre where the girl gets three guys as love potentials, but I love Ryouki and his bad self =P. I never heard of a Company Housing either, and the plotline is actually good. Though, you can tell it's a shoujo manga. Oh well, they're not all terrible ^^

WallFlower- Chapter 34. Sunako is da win, the humor is awesome, and I wuffle the artwork. I also support the NoixOda pairing =) They're so cute. It's about four 'beautiful' guys given free rent IF they can turn the Landlady's neice into a proper lady. Are they in for a surprise when they find the horror loving girl she is.

Lovely Complex- WHY ISN'T ANYTHING BEYOND 45 SCANLATED YET?! DX I love LoveCom, the funniest shoujo I've read so far. It's about one really tall girl, and one short boy, and their friendship and budding relationships. The female lead breaks stereotypes and is one funny person to follow. Her male counterpart is funny with his random obliviousness, and he's a cutie. I could watch the anime, and I did start it, but I think the manga is much better and the anime has cut out a number of things.

#18 drag-eart

drag-eart

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:47 AM

I didn't enjoy Hot Gimmick. I have a hundred reasons why I didn't like that one. I guess really you have to be girl to enjoy it. Most of my friends (guys) that TRIED to read gave up in the first couple of chapters, but girl friends continued on. So I pushed on to prove the guys wrong....in the end I was Truly disappointed. And I wasted most my day reading it.

Though the authors newest manga is promising called Honey Hunt.

#19 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (drag-eart @ Mar 9 2008, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't enjoy Hot Gimmick. I have a hundred reasons why I didn't like that one. I guess really you have to be girl to enjoy it. Most of my friends (guys) that TRIED to read gave up in the first couple of chapters, but girl friends continued on. So I pushed on to prove the guys wrong....in the end I was Truly disappointed. And I wasted most my day reading it.

Though the authors newest manga is promising called Honey Hunt.

It is pretty girl oriented, with the typical needs for romance and the POV's are mostly the girl's. I did say you could tell it was a shoujo manga, meaning it's geered towards girls and therefore it would be girls who mostly like it. =P

#20 drag-eart

drag-eart

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 06:19 PM

I know that...but sometimes there's a good manga out there that catches my attention and it's shoujo. Shounen is a guy oriented manga and I see a lot more girls reading that then reading shoujo manga. Naruto and Bleach for example.

The genre, being taken to account by the readers choosing does have a partial role in liking a story, but at times there's a story that would reach out to both female and male population. So far in my opinion I've found a couple of stories that catch my attention that do such a thing and they are Shoujo. Hot Gimmick isn't one of them.

But Yes, I get where you are coming at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users