• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#1 antigravity12

antigravity12

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:55 AM

I've noticed that most NaruSaku peoples tend to like NaruHina also (or at least be okay with it), and hate SasuSaku. And I loathe NaruHina about 98174987298578 times more than'll I'll ever hate SasuSaku, so I was kinda curious... basically, what do you hate more, SasuSaku or NaruHina, and why?

(answering her own question xD) I don't like N/H because a] the personality difference, b] Hinata tongue.gif, c] they don't even look good together, and d] main character/pointless side character who hasn't been seen for such a long time I've forgotten how long ago it was? Yeah, not gonna happen. I prefer S/S mainly because I actually understand the fan's (the sane ones) reasoning and opinions (some of them). I don't agree with them, but at least I get where their going with it, whereas NaruHina - sense = NaruHina, thus according to the laws of mathematics, sense = none. a_dance.gif

Penny for your thoughts. :thumbs:

#2 Demonic_Wonder

Demonic_Wonder

Space-Pirate-Ninja Dohicky.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:There's a difference between the things that I do and what interest me.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:07 AM

Aye, (man I've been saying that alot latley!) I see where your coming from, but the bit that goes
I don't like N/H because a] the personality difference, b] Hinata , c] they don't even look good together, and d] main character/pointless side character who hasn't been seen for such a long time I've forgotten how long ago it was? Yeah, not gonna happen.
is a bit harsh with the bashing. For the answer, I prefer NaruHina.

#3 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:11 AM

Well if I must choose than I'll say SS because I have a higher chance than NH (actually neither side does at all) since Hinata doesn't hold much of an impact like does Sakura does for Naruto. And that's all I could think of for now.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#4 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:11 AM

Remember to be careful with your answers so that we don't have to close this thread down.

#5 antigravity12

antigravity12

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:16 AM

Aye, (man I've been saying that alot latley!) I see where your coming from, but the bit that goes
I don't like N/H because a] the personality difference, b] Hinata , c] they don't even look good together, and d] main character/pointless side character who hasn't been seen for such a long time I've forgotten how long ago it was? Yeah, not gonna happen.
is a bit harsh with the bashing. For the answer, I prefer NaruHina.

All of my opinions about Hinata or most things relating to her are usually like that. Ridiculous to hate a fictional character that much... and I thought I couldn't sink any lower. laugh.gif For me NH versus SS is a bit like getting shot in the head against being eaten alive. Except, not as important... or gruesome...

Well if I must choose than I'll say SS because I have a higher chance than NH (actually neither side does at all) since Hinata doesn't hold much of an impact like does Sakura does for Naruto. And that's all I could think of for now.

Neat line of thinking...

#6 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:35 AM

I hate SasuSaku way more.

Mostly because in Naruto part 2 Sakura seems like she has matured but If she ended up with Sasuke that would mean that she didn't mature at all, that she still doesn't know the difference between a crush and real love, that she is still the same shallow person that she was in Naruto part 1 and if that were to happen I think I would go back to hating her.

#7 shadowmeld

shadowmeld

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:42 AM

I hate both equally maybe SS a bit more and I hate those couples beyond my own reasoning. headscratch.gif

#8 Luis

Luis

The GREATEST Manga artist in the WORLD!!!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Becoming the greatist comic/manga artist of all time >_< and playing music and starting a studioe ;P all purpuse studio ;P

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

I look at it like this i can hop that Naruto and Sakura get togther but that is all i can do it is up to the writer.

but if i were to make a choies of what he mite do he maie make it to were Naruto dies geting Saskue bake so Sakura can be happy and no happy ending for him but in a way it is becas before he dies Sakura would tell him that she fell in love with him over the time that they spent togther. it may seem sad and some may not like it but that is what i think will happen becas Naruto will sooner die than not give up on his brother and Sakura happenss or what he thinks will make her happy.
My art ;P
What every one want.
What every one needs.
yet not every one gets it.

#9 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

I dont hate or dislike any pairing, except Yaoi...I cant stand those..but besides that. I got nothign against SasuSaku dreamers, and I was (still am) a Naruhina, point is because some of the best fanfictions I've read Is Naruhina, though in anime or Manga wise teh chances are low but it can happen just as much as Sasusaku can. ....but What I DO dislike are Naruhina Diehards, The fans that dont like anyhing else and belive that Naruhina is the only pairing *sigh* If it wasnt for them then Naruhina would be much popular.
Anyways back on topic.

I prefer Naruhina

#10 Random Nobody

Random Nobody

Don't Touch the Flag!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Ramen, Videogames, Anime, Godzilla, Ramen, Horror Movies, NaruSaku, and Ramen

Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

In canon, I'd say SasuSaku, if only because we wouldn't need to throw another character into the spotlight. In fandom, well I'm a crack pairing fanatic so I have a ton of pairings I like more, but I can't say I hate either one.

If you like crack pairings go here

#11 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

Neither of them...cause I don´t see these pairings happening, it would ruin the story completely as make it more boring or not interesting.

#12 axie

axie

all hail axie-chan D:<

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:52 PM

NaruHina annoys me more than SasuSaku ever will. I just don't think Hinata would fit well with Naruto at all. I think her one true love should be Kiba. I think she looks at Naruto as an idle, someone she wants to be like, not someone she wants to be with. She desires and idles his confidence, and bravery... but I think Naruto would be a little over her head. How would such a quite girl like little Hinata, silence Konoha's most hyperactive, unpredictable ninja?

That's Sakura's job, and she's proved that more than once.

Most fans of NaruHina like this pairing because of the Fillers, others are just plain Hinata fans, wanting to see Hinata get with the hero she idles.

Now onto SasuSaku. This couple bothers me too, but it makes more sense then NaruHina. Well first off, if Sasuke decided to stay in Konoha, this pairing would have been just as possible as NaruSaku... Sasuke was turning pretty soft before Itachi paid a visit. Sakura obviously was attracted to Sasuke, that's a fact. It's not any more. As Sasuke turned soft, Sakura would more chances to get close to him. Too bad for SasuSaku, Sasuke chose to leave, and we all knew he would.

#13 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:24 AM

I dislike both but I'd say sasukexsakura more because Sasuke was pretty much hostile to Sakura almost the whole time. I felt like Sakura was humilating herself the whole time of her crush on Sasuke. As for narutoxhinata it's just not plausable. Just like Sakura had a crush on her illusion of Sasuke, Hinata has a crush on her illusion of Naruto. At least though in her case Naruto was kind to her as a friend, and wanted revenge when Neiji trashed her in the Chunnin exams, because he saw her as someone weaker that needed to be protected (Sasuke had a bit of the later mentality about Sakura, but it just worked to make her feel even less confident in herself, at least on Hinata's side when Naruto expressed that it made her feel more confident and want to fight harder) But neither work at all because neither are about seeing a real person, but worshipping an illusion.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#14 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:48 AM

Honestly... I don't know.

This might surprise the people who know me, but SakuSasu seems nearly more preferable. Maybe it's because of the horrible butchering of spelling and grammar I saw when I first wandered into NaruHina fics. Or maybe it was the elitist attitude that was shoved down my throat. Either way, I've learned my lesson and don't go wandering into random fics anymore.

Wait! I'll look through my favs for the answer!

...and I have a grand total of 0 SakuSasu fics aside from the ones which are also NaruSaku triangles/friendships. Then there are the brief handful which are NaruHina.

Huh.

I guess I'd go with NaruHina then, despite my earlier statement.

#15 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:15 AM

That's an interesting way to decide. happy.gif

#16 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:35 AM

aww cont hate on naruhina because of bad speeling in fanfics lol, those are no real fans, just steroid atticts, Im a real Naruhina Fan, and I know facts, truths, and the possibilities or it even happening (which are sooooo low...)
Its not that I dont like Sasuke, its just that.....well I dont like him XD his personnality, his attitude, the way he looks at everone else....

#17 Nasir

Nasir

Who dare makes my ebony haired goddess upset??

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:17 AM

Most people that like naruhina also tend like sasusaku and vice-versa, I dislike both these pairings equally, if one of these pairing do happen, it would be a waste of character development, (well on sakura's part anyway). Naruhina has barely any development at all, i mean u put a hyper-active kid together with a VERY shy girl who faints whenever he's around her, i dont get how they would even have a decent conversation with each other let alone be in a relationship together. And on the sasusaku part, u got a girl that's blindly obsessed with a guy who's only goal in life is to kill his brother and restore his clan (im talking pre-timeskip), i dont see much development there unless sasuke turns around and pledges his undivided love and attention for sakura and drops the whole Itachi thing, which is highly unlikely....

I could go on for ages about sasusaku but im gong to leave it at that....

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:54 AM

If were talking canon only, SasuSaku. I think it has the stronger basis and without a lot of development I will always see NaruHina happening as a consequence of SasuSaku as opposed to being supported by actual development (like NaruSaku and SasuSaku). Moreover, without that development (especially on Naruto's part) it's going to hard to shake the idea that she's a really consolation prize. That is, that she is with him so he doesn't end up alone and we don't feel bad for it.

As a personal preference,still SasuSaku. I don't like NaruHina, though there are pairings I like a whole lot less. While I'm not a SasuSaku fan or even close, I find that relationship is a lot more interesting, while NaruHina is kinda of boring to me. Talking to PhoenixBlood has given a better appreciation for SasuSaku and while I'll never be a fan, I like it a lot more than I used to. I generally don't read SasuSaku unless it's more of a Team Seven thing or it's side pairing in a NaruxOther Female (besides Hinata and acouple of the older kunoichi) fic. Part of the reason is that I think many SasuSaku writers mess up his character and have him come around as a matter of her finally getting her crush rather than as a result of genuine maturation on Sakura's part; something I think a necessity if she ever hopes to have a working romantic relationship with him. Maybe's that more a result of the specific fics I've read, rather than the actual rule, but it is what I've seen.

One of the reasons I prefer both SasuTen and SasuTem (especially with Part One Sasuke) is that they make better fits. Sasuke treats being a ninja being very seriously and most of his fangirls (especially Sakura and Ino) really don't. He hates his fangirls. TenTen and Temari aren't coming for him like the others (though both think him to be cute), are a bit more mature, and are more serious about being a ninja.

Precisely why is hard to say. Part of it is I like both Sakura and Sasuke, though I like Sasuke more as the villain than the hero, while I'm pretty ambivalent about Hinata. Of the possible Hinata pairings, I actually prefer LeeHina.

Though for the record, I'm like Random Nobody. I prefer crack pairings more than anything else. NaruSaku is only my third favorite pairing.

#19 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:05 AM

Third favorite?

NaruIno's first, right?

So what's second (or the other)?

#20 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, NaruIno's the first. The other is NarutoHanabi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users