289 replies to this topic

#281 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 10:30 PM

I assume Anna and Hachi are still going to get together unless he is abandoning her and planing on writing someone else as Hachi's "True" fated princess or make some bs about how, you have to decided your own fate even in love, to justify another girl. This is a desperate attempt to save Samurai 8 by adding spice to the story through romantic conflict. Its just, he doesn't know how to do it because he doesn't know why Naruto was a success.

You said Kishi was being tepid with it, and he was, but the thing is that that would have made it even better. It was (or seemed to be) BUILDING to something. And it could have been completely devastating. In a good way. Like with how the anime constantly inundates the viewer with sentimental flashbacks. There would have actually been LICENSE to do that. It would have been EARNED. And if he clearly locked it in before that, the effect would not have been the same.

Instead he made the resolution to his 15 years of work tepid instead. Just flat. You feel nothing. And the war arc was so tedious and boring. And the reader gets NOTHING for it.

It wasn't even rushed like Bleach. He just gave up at the last hurdle.

And if he really expected the Japanese fanbase to buy into his next manga, then I'm concerned for his sanity.

As I said above, he doesn't get why or what made Naruto successful. So, he doesn't know how to make Samurai 8 successful other then to just do his own thing, hope it works, and scramble when that doesn't work.

Beyond that. Why do you think so many in Japan openly love NS? Naruto was unique in the romance because it developed over time. In most manga the main character does something for the heroine near the beginning sometime in the first chapter that makes her fall in love with him for the rest of the manga where they then get married at the end. In Naruto it was that slow development that people did like but there came a point where kishi needed to go yes they are a couple now at some point. He didn't. So, his editor decided for him. And it has as well all know destroyed his reputation with everyone except the nH/SS fans who pirate Naruto.

#282 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:18 AM

Well minor romantic conflict at that, from what I gather and it's not too serious. Hachi is just feeling a bit insecure about "the rival" and Ann is well, hoping that he would see her as more than just "his destined princess" I suppose? On the subject of creating a new princess for Hachi and throwing the current couple to the wayside, possible. And only because a writer CAN DO that at any moment if they so please. I'm not saying it will happen nor should it, but that window will always be there until the story's end, which is why I always make sarcastic, ironic remarks about it. But again as you have defended and Lucky has defended, Hachi X Ann is being b-*beep* slapped across the audience's faces repeatedly. So for the moment, Hachi X Ann it is. Future possibilities aside, the story is cementing it left, right and centre.

And as I have come to realize, Kishi did not know what made Naruto popular because he was usually copying something else, or doing what Yahagi told him was popular, more or less. The story did grow into its own thing of course but I will always remember sources stating he was always looking at the success of other series and tried to replicate them. Among his prototypes of manga concepts as I recall were about things such as magic like Harry potter or about Samurai and bushido in general like Rurouni Kenshin, (as I recall from one  of the earliest if not the very first made book before I threw away my copy) but he felt his ideas were inferior to those so he scrapped them. And never forget Naruto was conceptualized by his own admitted love of ramen. He had nothing else going for it at the beginning beyond that.

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 February 2020 - 06:36 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#283 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 02:12 AM

I can't decide whether Kishi's career is more sad or more embarrassing.

#284 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:42 AM

I can't decide whether Kishi's career is more sad or more embarrassing.

Depends. What are you looking at and how you are looking at it.

#285 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:51 PM

Alrighty time for the indepth discussion between Hachimaru and Ann that I promised from this week's chapter:

samurai-8-13381879.jpg

samurai-8-13381891.jpg

samurai-8-13381897.jpg

samurai-8-13381903.jpg

samurai-8-13381909.jpg

samurai-8-13381915.jpg

samurai-8-13381921.jpg

samurai-8-13381927.jpg

samurai-8-13381933.jpg

samurai-8-13381939.jpg

samurai-8-13381945.jpg

907c6d3175bbdb8d96fc99974cb3db90c88d0be4

I PROMISED YOU I'D COME BACK!!

#286 totherpage95

totherpage95

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:57 PM

Daruma: Student of the Great Yasha, The Second Generation Head master of the Vajrayaksa-style of the Kongo-Yahsa School one of the four great schools created by Fudo Myo-O which special ability is the creation of Juu weapons for combat, his key holder is Makami a Lion-dog which was stolen from him by the Ususama school so he now uses Yoken, his princess is the great Baku, using a single soul sword as his primary weapon along with all the fuu weapons his school allows him to create...Did you get that?

is this just rip off bleach

#287 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:04 PM

is this just rip off bleach

Oh I wish.

#288 totherpage95

totherpage95

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 11:15 PM

does ann's brother look like obito with those band aids on his face

#289 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:20 PM

Volume 4's Cover came out:

ERwQnqiUYAAGabI.jpg

907c6d3175bbdb8d96fc99974cb3db90c88d0be4

I PROMISED YOU I'D COME BACK!!

#290 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:03 PM

w9r7uIX.jpg

3vfmm4g.jpg

? Looks very similar, could the scene above be how he truly wanted to write Sakura-Chan's confession? I believe her confession was real, but it was done before she was ready and aware of her feelings. But, this could be how he wanted to write the confession, with no confusion in it. Where no one could question if she was being genuine. Also, Yamato's conflicting actions with Chapter 257 and this chapter was very weird as well. He knew she was starting to love Naruto, but was upset when she decided to say it in this chapter, did he know it wasn't the right time? 

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, Yesterday, 02:39 AM.

dpz5lt.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users