99 replies to this topic

#41 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

Because Naruto is a sh*tty friend. It's not even about romance or jealousy issues; as a friend to friend person to person Naruto should've been openly against Sakura being with someone who treats her like kitten. At least Hinata's nice and all. Naruto being cool with his "sister" marrying her would-be murderer is just inexcusable.
Also Naruto probably didn't want to interfere with his "best friend's" happiness by stealing his girl even though Sasuke did the exact same thing to him.

#42 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

Because Naruto is a sh*tty friend. It's not even about romance or jealousy issues; as a friend to friend person to person Naruto should've been openly against Sakura being with someone who treats her like kitten. At least Hinata's nice and all. Naruto being cool with his "sister" marrying her would-be murderer is just inexcusable.
Also Naruto probably didn't want to interfere with his "best friend's" happiness by stealing his girl even though Sasuke did the exact same thing to him.

It's not just Naruto that is a sh*tty friend. Everyone else a sh*tty friend to Sakura too. Did not one person oppose Sakura marrying Sasuke? Not a single person? It just goes to show that either everyone bows to the Uchiha's will or they don't care about Sakura one bit. What a bunch of great friends. :zaru:

Edited by RedFaction, 07 February 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#43 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

It's not just Naruto that is a sh*tty friend. Everyone else a sh*tty friend to Sakura too. Did not one person oppose Sakura marrying Sasuke? Not a single person? It just goes to show that either everyone bows to the Uchiha's will or they don't care about Sakura one bit. What a bunch of great friends. :zaru:

Well Sai Yamato and that little frog Gamakichi wanted Sakura with Naruto. XD Gotta give them some credit. But yeah at the end everyone just threw their hands up and let SS happen. Can't really blame them since Sakura is a sh*tty friend herself.

#44 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

He actually did confess according to Sakura in the film. It just happened off screen

Huh, this is the first time I've heard of it

\

#45 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:34 AM

You guys forgeting that Kishimoto kitten author  :lmao:

#46 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:49 AM

Great topic!!! I have been wondering for a while if other people were as frustrated/disappointed as I was with Naruto's behavior. His attitude towards Sasuke has always been a big problem for me.

Like when Sasuke would bash Sakura, Naruto never stood up for her and got mad at Sasuke. He would be loud, and angry-voiced, but the words that came out were about Sasuke, pleading with him to return. Not directly standing up for Sakura.

But there was other aspects of Naruto behavior that bothered me as well, particularly his inability to accept love, and instead relentlessly pursuing someone who hates him: 

Like when Sakura confessed, she said "I love you," to which he answered with "I hate people who lie to themselves." Even though there are differing opinions about why Sakura was there, etc., I think everyone can agree that if the girl you've worshipped for as long as you can remember says 'I love you' the last thing in the world you should say is 'I hate people....' How about a simple thanks instead?

People freely give their love to Naruto (Hinata, Kushina, Sakura), yet he never overtly gave it back. The most was for Kushina, but that was only as she was leaving (and yes is only familial when compared with Hinata or Sakura). But there was nothing ever said to Hinata. And what he said to Sakura was decidely not loving, or even understanding. It was downright unkind. 

One of the things I was looking forward the most to at the end of the series was Naruto's confession. But we never got it. 

Naruto chased after Sasuke, who couldn't give a crap about him and nearly killed him. He chased after Sakura, only to throw her love back in her face and never address it again. He let Sasuke bash and belittle her and never stood up for her, even though he still showed his love through saving her, just not standing up to Sasuke. But in the end, he wasn't brave enough to confess his feelings to her. And Hinata? He just forgot about her.

While he's clearly capable of demonstrating his love, as in his extreme actions to protect Sakura and Sasuke, other times his behavior is frustrating, like when he didn't stand up for Sakura when Sasuke wanted to leave her to die and after Hinata's confession when he downright ignored her.  

Was anyone else frustrated by Naruto's behavior in the series? Was he always a good teammate/friend? Or did it apply to everyone else as long as Sasuke wasn't around?

Do you believe he was truly happy for Sasuke and Sakura? Or was he bothered by it?

Do you believe he spoke to Hinata after her confession in the Pain arc, or do you think just ignored the whole mess when he saw her again?

And what kind of friend could Naruto truly be to Sasuke if he could never stand up to him about hurting the ones he loved? And vice versa, what kind of friend was Sasuke truly to Naruto when he constantly tried to kill him? At what point is their bond unhealthy?

And lastly, how do you feel that at the end of it all, after all the fighting and the angst and spilled blood, Sasuke and Naruto still didn't resolve their differences by the end of the manga? No reason given, just an acknowledgement when Naruto returned his headband that one day they would resolve things?

What was the point of their battles, and should Naruto have accepted that? Sasuke was the one who left, after all, doesn't he owe Naruto some kind of explanation? Did Naruto have to silently accepting that Sasuke was leaving the village again, after apparently wooing the girl he knew Naruto had loved since grade school, and leaving things still up in the air between them?

How bad is Sasuke for going after the Sakura, stealing her right out from underneath Naruto, after everything Naruto has done to bring him back to the light? And how bad is Naruto for never standing up for Sakura and putting her, and his love for her, in front of his desperation for acknowledgement from Sasuke?

#47 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:54 AM

Great topic!!! I have been wondering for a while if other people were as frustrated/disappointed as I was with Naruto's behavior. His attitude towards Sasuke has always been a big problem for me.

Like when Sasuke would bash Sakura, Naruto never stood up for her and got mad at Sasuke. He would be loud, and angry-voiced, but the words that came out were about Sasuke, pleading with him to return. Not directly standing up for Sakura.

But there was other aspects of Naruto behavior that bothered me as well, particularly his inability to accept love, and instead relentlessly pursuing someone who hates him: 

Like when Sakura confessed, she said "I love you," to which he answered with "I hate people who lie to themselves." Even though there are differing opinions about why Sakura was there, etc., I think everyone can agree that if the girl you've worshipped for as long as you can remember says 'I love you' the last thing in the world you should say is 'I hate people....' How about a simple thanks instead?

People freely give their love to Naruto (Hinata, Kushina, Sakura), yet he never overtly gave it back. The most was for Kushina, but that was only as she was leaving (and yes is only familial when compared with Hinata or Sakura). But there was nothing ever said to Hinata. And what he said to Sakura was decidely not loving, or even understanding. It was downright unkind. 

One of the things I was looking forward the most to at the end of the series was Naruto's confession. But we never got it. 

Naruto chased after Sasuke, who couldn't give a crap about him and nearly killed him. He chased after Sakura, only to throw her love back in her face and never address it again. He let Sasuke bash and belittle her and never stood up for her, even though he still showed his love through saving her, just not standing up to Sasuke. But in the end, he wasn't brave enough to confess his feelings to her. And Hinata? He just forgot about her.

While he's clearly capable of demonstrating his love, as in his extreme actions to protect Sakura and Sasuke, other times his behavior is frustrating, like when he didn't stand up for Sakura when Sasuke wanted to leave her to die and after Hinata's confession when he downright ignored her.  

Was anyone else frustrated by Naruto's behavior in the series? Was he always a good teammate/friend? Or did it apply to everyone else as long as Sasuke wasn't around?

Do you believe he was truly happy for Sasuke and Sakura? Or was he bothered by it?

Do you believe he spoke to Hinata after her confession in the Pain arc, or do you think just ignored the whole mess when he saw her again?

And what kind of friend could Naruto truly be to Sasuke if he could never stand up to him about hurting the ones he loved? And vice versa, what kind of friend was Sasuke truly to Naruto when he constantly tried to kill him? At what point is their bond unhealthy?

And lastly, how do you feel that at the end of it all, after all the fighting and the angst and spilled blood, Sasuke and Naruto still didn't resolve their differences by the end of the manga? No reason given, just an acknowledgement when Naruto returned his headband that one day they would resolve things?

What was the point of their battles, and should Naruto have accepted that? Sasuke was the one who left, after all, doesn't he owe Naruto some kind of explanation? Did Naruto have to silently accepting that Sasuke was leaving the village again, after apparently wooing the girl he knew Naruto had loved since grade school, and leaving things still up in the air between them?

How bad is Sasuke for going after the Sakura, stealing her right out from underneath Naruto, after everything Naruto has done to bring him back to the light? And how bad is Naruto for never standing up for Sakura and putting her, and his love for her, in front of his desperation for acknowledgement from Sasuke?

Naruto's a total assh*le ignoring the pleads of a woman who truly loved and cared for him (Sakura) to continue pursuing a guy who didn't give less a kitten about him. He chose hate over love what an idiot.

#48 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:59 AM

Naruto's a total assh*le ignoring the pleads of a woman who truly loved and cared for him (Sakura) to continue pursuing a guy who didn't give less a kitten about him. He chose hate over love what an idiot.

Eh, Sakura's "true love" quickly ended when Naruto returned Sasuke for her. Kishimoto is reason.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 07 February 2015 - 05:00 AM.

#49 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

Eh, Sakura's "true love" quickly ended when Naruto returned Sasuke for her. Kishimoto is reason.

I'm saying that if Naruto had forgot about Sasuke like Sakura wanted him to NS probably would've happened.

#50 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

I'm saying that if Naruto had forgot about Sasuke like Sakura wanted him to NS probably would've happened.

Problem is Sakura never forget about Sasuke? Because if Kishimoto wanted, she could forget about him after that scene at Kage Summit arc, but he didn't want too.

#51 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:52 AM

Maybe I'm going too far, but it makes you wonder how Kishimoto treats his own wife....

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#52 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

I don't blame characters, I blame the writer. Kishimoto fell in love with what he felt was this tragic character named Sasuke. He put so much emphasis on him that he made his MC's world center around him. I still believe somewhere around the end of the Pein arc is when drastic changes were made to the direction of the story. One being how to handle Sasuke's redemption and  the other ensuring that part 3 was about the next generation, centering on Naruto and Sasuke's children. So they went with the easy out of SS and NH. 

#53 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

"...how can i? i can't even keep my promises"

"sorry? for what?"

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#54 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

So about that promise...

#55 AzureWaters

AzureWaters

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

If Naruto protested, I don't really think that would change anything. A relationship is between the two who are in it. Sasuke and Sakura themselves would have to decide that they didn't want to be together.

Although if we're talking pre 699, then the only conclusion I can make is that Naruto placed Sasuke above Sakura. He was more willing to get his friend back and face the consequences of that (SS), than to not do so and potentially have Sakura for himself.

Edited by AzureWaters, 07 February 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#56 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

You would think the ending in the volume edition would add more context to make something better. Nope. The ending is still terrible and nothing has been added. Now that The Last is canon, you can't expect anything understandable anymore.

#57 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

You would think the ending in the volume edition would add more context to make something better. Nope. The ending is still terrible and nothing has been added. Now that The Last is canon, you can't expect anything understandable anymore.

that edited page merely let the art flow easier. a darn shame that aesthetics win over common sense in kishiland.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#58 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

that edited page merely let the art flow easier. a darn shame that aesthetics win over common sense in kishiland.

And here I thought I have to edit my posts. Instead, everything remained the same.

#59 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

Everything wins over common sense in Kishi's land

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#60 Drivenbyflame

Drivenbyflame

永遠の魔法

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:40 PM

About the ending in the volume edition, I still don't understand why Kishimoto added Hinata. Like, trying to change the fact that you didnt give her any importance in 15 years?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sasusaku, pairings, naruto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users