• Please log in to reply
31567 replies to this topic

#27701 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:18 AM

Are you kidding? Tobirama is going around the afterlife pointing and laughing at every single person who doubted him that the Uchiha were dangerous.

"I told you. They are all psychopaths that want to kill everyone. Madara wanted to do it. Obito wanted to do it. Sasuke wanted to do it. Every....single....time."

And all because "they loved someone so much that it turned them psychotic when that person died." What a stupid reasoning. "I love you so much I want to kill you so you don't die."

Same here, James. That excuse was so ridiculous to me, and it made me think of how in my fanfic, which I need to get back to work on, that that's a lame excuse and most of the Uchiha who were wanting to be involved in the coup d'etat that Fugaku wanted were angry at the continued mistreatment the Uchiha had, while Madara himself would become evil itself due to his lust for power when he actually killed Izuna to take his Sharingan to save himself from going blind, and just wanting the Moon's Eye Plan to become God of a new world. Think almost like Wesker in Resident Evil 5 when he wanted to unleash Uroboros on the world in the hopes to become the God of a new world, only leaving people trapped in an illusion.

And it also makes me think of how pathetic stuff with Kaguya was besides the Uchiha wanking and the like.

Yeah - that whole 'love makes the Uchiha crazy' garbage. I just hated that. What a cop out. It can't just be that the bad Uchiha really are just BAD!! It seemed like a line to make Itachi look less like the brutal killer that he actually was. 

It's always bugged me about manga that the powers had no drawbacks. Naruto doesn't stagger when he makes a ton of clones. Sakura doesn't have a lag in fighting if she uses too much chakra healing. Kakashi doesn't have some setbacks from using his single sharingan the same way that most Uchiha use their double ones (like he can only use it in short bursts).

Same with the Uchiha - it would make TOTAL SENSE if the highest levels of the sharingan, once unlocked, had a time limit before it turned toxic to the user. The higher the level, the more toxic. And that's where the psychotic nature of the Uchiha comes from - not from love!

Yeah, Bryon, I tackle it my fic as well....

Fic spoilers ahead....

#27702 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

Yeah - that whole 'love makes the Uchiha crazy' garbage. I just hated that. What a cop out. It can't just be that the bad Uchiha really are just BAD!! It seemed like a line to make Itachi look less like the brutal killer that he actually was. 

It's always bugged me about manga that the powers had no drawbacks. Naruto doesn't stagger when he makes a ton of clones. Sakura doesn't have a lag in fighting if she uses too much chakra healing. Kakashi doesn't have some setbacks from using his single sharingan the same way that most Uchiha use their double ones (like he can only use it in short bursts).

Same with the Uchiha - it would make TOTAL SENSE if the highest levels of the sharingan, once unlocked, had a time limit before it turned toxic to the user. The higher the level, the more toxic. And that's where the psychotic nature of the Uchiha comes from - not from love!

Fic spoilers ahead....

Naruto has kurama and his clan have high charka so he can go longer but I get what your saying about Sakura, Kakashi and sasuke. Itachi was more effective as a straight up villain but then they turn him into the boss from mgs3 and no I'm not letting that go cause that's what he was turned into.

#27703 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

Oddly enough, this scene is actually one of my favorite NaruSaku interactions. I feel like both their characters level up there. Sakura is confident in her skills, in her knowledge of Naruto's skills and in her support of him. In that one scene she illustrates the gulf between her and Hinata. Hinata is still holding on to her childish fantasy of Naruto, while Sakura understands exactly who he is and just how powerful he is. And Sakura has no problem correcting Hinata. It's not meanness either as NH fans love to paint Sakura that way. Instead it's the attitude of a true partner. And Hinata is showing just how far away she is from knowing the real Naruto. 

And as if to reinforce all that, in the next panels Naruto explodes out of the water, angry and powerful, proving he isn't taken down so easily. So Naruto's actions verify that Sakura was right, and that they are completely in sync. They don't even look at each other or interact - they just are in sync. This partnership doesn't happen in NH or SS, either before or after.

To me, it's an awesome little NS moment, and Sakura telling off a hand-wringing Hinata is just the icing on the cake.  :D

Question to All Hiantatheists that state Hinata always Believed in Naruto. Since when did Hinata ever say " You can do it Naruto-kun!!!"?

Sakura did. I don't recall that with Hinata though, or is my memory faulty?

On another note. I have been Playing Fire Emblem Three Houses constantly for the last two weeks. And Let me tell you the Support conversations between characters MAKES ME THINK OF HOW MUCH NH LACKS. Those conversations are all about the character opening up to each other emotionally, helping the other with their troubles and giving support through thick and thin. In case you don't know where I'm going with this, NH HAS NONE OF THAT. AT ALL. :superior:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 August 2019 - 08:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27704 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

There also was implications (that were dropped, of course) that Kurama and his chakra had something to do with the Sharingan that was brought up between Sasuke vs. Itachi, and Sasuke vs. the Kage Summit, and given how Kurama's chakra was also constantly described as "sinister" (also dropped later), it would've made sense that the stronger the Sharingan got, the worse the user got due to Kurama's influence or something.

2e5.gif

#27705 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

There also was implications (that were dropped, of course) that Kurama and his chakra had something to do with the Sharingan that was brought up between Sasuke vs. Itachi, and Sasuke vs. the Kage Summit, and given how Kurama's chakra was also constantly described as "sinister" (also dropped later), it would've made sense that the stronger the Sharingan got, the worse the user got due to Kurama's influence or something.

Heck, story-wise, that coulda still worked by saying that it could stem into Indra because of Hagoromo having been the Ten-Tails' Jinchuriki before he divided it into Kurama and his siblings, which is why the Sharingan that developed from Indra's own Dojutsu could control Biju, on top of it being based off the Rinne-Sharingan Kaguya and the Ten-Tails had.

Fic spoilers ahead....

That's a cool idea actually :) I see that for TDW, Madara would be the biggest example of someone corrupted by absolute power, and that he wishes to control the Biju to be able to stand above all others besides to gain the power of the Nine-Tails when he learns the legends about Kaguya and the Ohtsutsuki Clan are true after he's recovering from his battle with Hashirama and is considered dead. No need to make Black Zetsu a creation of Kaguya's, and I'd just have it that when he poses as Tobi that Madara is in a specially made body due to his original body dying of old age, so he's trying to find a way to restore it, and is manipulating the Akatsuki, especially Pain/Nagato to achieve his own goals.

I also would say that it doesn't take Hagoromo's chakra to awaken the Rinnegan, but that descendants of his bloodline, no matter how thinned out the blood is, can awaken it, but it requires a great deal of power to do so, and it is really rare that you don't see it often.

#27706 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

Yes - the whole connection between the Uchihas and the kyuubi were just dropped. Like, I was expecting there to be a backstory that the Uchihas controlled the kyuubi with the sharingan for generations — and that he truly was sinister. And that somehow they lost control to the senju, thus their simmering distrust. I was also curious to know Minato's family backstory and how he was able to divide the kyuubi's power in a way that was apparently different from previous generations. And how Kushina came about her power to control the kyuubi, which was also apparently super powerful. But yeah.... Instead we got *crickets* on all that. 

Heck, story-wise, that coulda still worked by saying that it could stem into Indra because of Hagoromo having been the Ten-Tails' Jinchuriki before he divided it into Kurama and his siblings, which is why the Sharingan that developed from Indra's own Dojutsu could control Biju, on top of it being based off the Rinne-Sharingan Kaguya and the Ten-Tails had.

That's a cool idea actually :) I see that for TDW, Madara would be the biggest example of someone corrupted by absolute power, and that he wishes to control the Biju to be able to stand above all others besides to gain the power of the Nine-Tails when he learns the legends about Kaguya and the Ohtsutsuki Clan are true after he's recovering from his battle with Hashirama and is considered dead. No need to make Black Zetsu a creation of Kaguya's, and I'd just have it that when he poses as Tobi that Madara is in a specially made body due to his original body dying of old age, so he's trying to find a way to restore it, and is manipulating the Akatsuki, especially Pain/Nagato to achieve his own goals.

I also would say that it doesn't take Hagoromo's chakra to awaken the Rinnegan, but that descendants of his bloodline, no matter how thinned out the blood is, can awaken it, but it requires a great deal of power to do so, and it is really rare that you don't see it often.

Yeah, see, that would be super cool too! There were so many interesting ways to the story could have turned out. In the end, I feel like everything was just bent to justify whatever the Uchihas did. 

#27707 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

Yes - the whole connection between the Uchihas and the kyuubi were just dropped. Like, I was expecting there to be a backstory that the Uchihas controlled the kyuubi with the sharingan for generations — and that he truly was sinister. And that somehow they lost control to the senju, thus their simmering distrust. I was also curious to know Minato's family backstory and how he was able to divide the kyuubi's power in a way that was apparently different from previous generations. And how Kushina came about her power to control the kyuubi, which was also apparently super powerful. But yeah.... Instead we got *crickets* on all that. 

I totally forgot about Kurama and his connections to the Uchiha. It would've shown some development on his end, especially being manipulated by the clans by all means necessary, thus the attitude and somehow the initial evil persona against other humans, especially his jailers like Naruto and Kushina.  But that went out the door because for we, the audience, are suppose to show sympathy because the whole entire linage of Uchihas are "not right in the head". :roll:

I am not even know who in Masashi's editing team or even himself decide to go with that statement. Is being evil cliche now? Orochimaru was one until they kept reviving him to I don't know what when he was suddenly re-emerged from Kabuto (I can't remember if that's correct because the whole Fourth Great Ninja War arc was trying to hype but was overblown with stupid and silly ideas that didn't make sense or trying to compete with Dragon Ball with the hype and action). Hell, Madara was okay until Masashi had the nerve to said, "He's too OP. I don't know what to do or how Naruto and the others can defeat him!" :facepalm:

(Although, I want to use that initial idea for my epic... which I still til this day need to write!)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27708 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:27 AM

[spoiler='Fic spoilers ahead....']But instead of the cursed clan being about love/hatred, I think the curse should be that the ultimate levels of Uchiha power corrupt the user. And that to overcome it they have to have a fresh set of eyes. But only a near perfect match, from an equally proficient user, can assure the transfer of power. So the last one who was able to do it was the first one, Madara. But plenty of others have tried. Like Danzo, hoarding eyes in hopes that he can outlast the curse by changing eyes when a one wears out. But Itachi thinks he has the perfect match in Sasuke. So he's cultivating his power....

The other part of being the cursed clan is that the most powerful members know the secret: the clan has siblings so one can be used for their eyes in case one child turns out to be a prodigy. It's a strategy of power. And their dad knew it. 

Anyway... my fic works from the premise that Itach is bad, and that there are dark secrets within the clan. Secrets that ultimately have to do with the long-term, multi-generational Uchiha goal of controlling the kyuubi. (It's not just that they have a beef with Konoha.)

Too bad they didn't do it something like Gundam Epyon where they experience the other person emotions as they kill them. THAT I can see them messing with their head. That would be a good draw back I think and the reason why most go insane.

Yeah, see, that would be super cool too! There were so many interesting ways to the story could have turned out. In the end, I feel like everything was just bent to justify whatever the Uchihas did. 

RWBY and Naruto have something in common. They all had these great concepts that everyone enjoyed and they were dropped for a stupid story about pairings.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27709 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:21 PM

Too bad they didn't do it something like Gundam Epyon where they experience the other person emotions as they kill them. THAT I can see them messing with their head. That would be a good draw back I think and the reason why most go insane.

RWBY and Naruto have something in common. They all had these great concepts that everyone enjoyed and they were dropped for a stupid story about pairings.

I prefer rwby over Naruto better action and lore of the show unlike Naruto. Plus better characters than Naruto. Yang being leagues above the girls in Naruto.

#27710 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

I know for The Demon Within I want to explore the connections with the Uchiha and the Biju, especially through Indra considering I can imagine with his Dojutsu that he tried to "control" the Biju just as he felt his father had, but it plays into how his ancestors would awaken the Sharingan due to Kaguya had the Rinne Sharingan, so there's a lot of ways I want to consider that sort of thing.

I totally forgot about Kurama and his connections to the Uchiha. It would've shown some development on his end, especially being manipulated by the clans by all means necessary, thus the attitude and somehow the initial evil persona against other humans, especially his jailers like Naruto and Kushina.  But that went out the door because for we, the audience, are suppose to show sympathy because the whole entire linage of Uchihas are "not right in the head". :roll:

I am not even know who in Masashi's editing team or even himself decide to go with that statement. Is being evil cliche now? Orochimaru was one until they kept reviving him to I don't know what when he was suddenly re-emerged from Kabuto (I can't remember if that's correct because the whole Fourth Great Ninja War arc was trying to hype but was overblown with stupid and silly ideas that didn't make sense or trying to compete with Dragon Ball with the hype and action). Hell, Madara was okay until Masashi had the nerve to said, "He's too OP. I don't know what to do or how Naruto and the others can defeat him!" :facepalm:

(Although, I want to use that initial idea for my epic... which I still til this day need to write!)

I plan to keep Orochimaru as a villain who only gets some small bit of "redemption" due to something he unleashes, and that the reasoning for what he's doing with destroying the Leaf comes from his hatred for the ninja system that he felt got his parents killed and how Hiruzen, before he was the Third Hokage, had helped him harbor some of the ideas to seek immortality. 

It adds to everything else too I want to change. As I said, I want Madara in TDW to be evil because of the power that he had gained from his time becoming the leader of the Uchiha Clan and it being made worse when that power cost him his eyesight slowly, to where he felt he needed to be the only one left standing and that anyone who dared to oppose anything he had in mind for the clan was weak and needed to be eliminated, showing signs of paranoid delusions thanks to his enhanced power, and a backlash from latent Biju chakra that passed from Indra, since I'd have Madara be a direct descendant of Indra's instead of that reincarnation of his chakra crap.

I'm not making it that the Uchiha are fully innocent either, but that their actions also stemmed from the actions of others, like how Tobirama let his hate and fear of the Uchiha due to the years of war between them and the Senju blind him to the good they could do for the Leaf, compared to Hashirama who wanted peace for them all because of all who suffered, especially the children, and those like Danzo who loved the concept of the village more than its people, and his desire for their power leading him to prevent Shisui from stopping the coup with Kotoamatsukami, and taking it for himself due to his envy of its power for his own goals.

#27711 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:19 AM

I prefer rwby over Naruto better action and lore of the show unlike Naruto. Plus better characters than Naruto. Yang being leagues above the girls in Naruto.

Agreed, but I fear they may not be utilizing the characters as well as they can. Instead of letting them be the characters they are and using what they are to fullfil a story that is driven by the characters...the characters are being driven by the story and changing to suit it.

Even the weapons designed around the characters themselves indicating a personality matching.
Ruby was very precise and deadly so he got a sniper scythe.
Yang was very blunt and explosive so she got these shotgun gauntlets
Weiss was sophisticated and direct so a rapier was suiting.
Blake was introverted and flexible so she has basically a kusarigama where she can attack swiftly and quietly.

It sucks when they abandoned such good things for....I don't know what is we got in vol 4,5, and 6. I just feel like they focused too much on fan service than story telling.

Qrow was one of the last few good characters and now even he gets a shaft.

I don't know what to make of the series now or where it is headed.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27712 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:02 AM

Agreed, but I fear they may not be utilizing the characters as well as they can. Instead of letting them be the characters they are and using what they are to fullfil a story that is driven by the characters...the characters are being driven by the story and changing to suit it.
Even the weapons designed around the characters themselves indicating a personality matching.
Ruby was very precise and deadly so he got a sniper scythe.
Yang was very blunt and explosive so she got these shotgun gauntlets
Weiss was sophisticated and direct so a rapier was suiting.
Blake was introverted and flexible so she has basically a kusarigama where she can attack swiftly and quietly.
It sucks when they abandoned such good things for....I don't know what is we got in vol 4,5, and 6. I just feel like they focused too much on fan service than story telling.
Qrow was one of the last few good characters and now even he gets a shaft.
I don't know what to make of the series now or where it is headed.

I still enjoy it over Naruto. Plus the weapons were the draw to the series for me. Seems like after Monty died it when down hill.
Let's see how the new guy voicing qrow will be in 7.
I hope raven will be redeemed or make up with yang.

#27713 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:32 AM

I remember reading countless fanfics that had the Sharingan being born from a rogue Branch Family Hyuga member (usually Madara himself) forming a contract with Kurama somehow and Kurama's chakra then mutating the Byakugan into the Sharingan (hence somewhat similar abilities, like seeing chakra flow), but the downsides being the blindness from the Mangekyo and such (before the Eternal Mangekyo and all that crap came around in the manga).

2e5.gif

#27714 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

Random question for people.

So I had it at one point, but I lost it. Does anyone have a copy of this fan comic where someone took the final chapter of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight and then Goku comes around and basically blasts them both with a Kamehameha.

I used to have and it was a doujinshi. Does anyone have it?

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27715 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:24 PM

So I had it at one point, but I lost it. Does anyone have a copy of this fan comic where someone took the final chapter of the Naruto vs Sasuke fight and then Goku comes around and basically blasts them both with a Kamehameha.

That sounds freaking hilarious!

I wish I did have it because I'd totally use that as canon material 

#27716 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

Or have hiei use dragon of the darkness flame on both of them.

#27717 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

I vaguely remember that too, James, but I dunno where it is. XD

#27718 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:14 PM

Well, I found this.

50161970c6d0009ff225441971bdc128.jpg

And for fun SSJ4 Goku.

65a20a3263c2397fa3eabdd40b1c792ed1daaeca

#27719 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:41 AM

I found it.

1zci848.jpg

apbvaq.jpg

I still enjoy it over Naruto. Plus the weapons were the draw to the series for me. Seems like after Monty died it when down hill.
Let's see how the new guy voicing qrow will be in 7.
I hope raven will be redeemed or make up with yang.

Without Vic, what is the point? It's like watching Full Metal Alchemist without him.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 13 August 2019 - 12:44 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#27720 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:53 AM

I found it.1zci848.jpg

apbvaq.jpg

Without Vic, what is the point? It's like watching Full Metal Alchemist without him.

I'm saving judgment til I see him as qrow the new guy he could be good I was wrong about gal gadot as wonderwoman and Tom Holland as spiderman.
Nice comic and very fitting and I wish happened.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users