jigglychu

is a MAN

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 13 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FreetodrinkSR @ Feb 13 2007, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Common Since, users can't tell whos on the FC, people won't go on the FC. Meaning the ties that most of us hold are going to weaken because the easy way of communicating just went down the drain! sad.gif

Get the "Who is chatting" thing back up and people will start populating the FC again. biggrin.gif But I know you guys already know this XD

As Nick said, there always seem to be a good amount of people in LiveChat when we go in. And as has been mentioned twice now, you can see who is in the chat room by clicking on the Member button on the bottom of the main page. This will take you to the Viewing Online List page, and it will show you Chatting in live chat, for those members who are currently chatting in the chatroom.

Maybe we should just shut down the whole thing...we can't seem to please people with everything that we've tried to do so far...

Don't even joke about that Sakura-chan... :o

I'm sure everyone will get used to it given some time..
Jigs

#42 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 14 2007, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (FreetodrinkSR @ Feb 13 2007, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Common Since, users can't tell whos on the FC, people won't go on the FC. Meaning the ties that most of us hold are going to weaken because the easy way of communicating just went down the drain! sad.gif

Get the "Who is chatting" thing back up and people will start populating the FC again. biggrin.gif But I know you guys already know this XD

As Nick said, there always seem to be a good amount of people in LiveChat when we go in. And as has been mentioned twice now, you can see who is in the chat room by clicking on the Member button on the bottom of the main page. This will take you to the Viewing Online List page, and it will show you Chatting in live chat, for those members who are currently chatting in the chatroom.

Maybe we should just shut down the whole thing...we can't seem to please people with everything that we've tried to do so far...

Perish that thought from ye noggin ! omfg.gif No need to do anythin harsh Lass.
I'm sure the others will finally realise what yer been saying all along and just
join us in Livechat. Sometimes it takes a lil while fer people to notice things tongue.gif

#43 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:48 AM

Mostly, the problem is the downloading, at least for me. I'm not allowed to download anything in the laptop, plus it's slower than a turtle at times... though that's probably from my Internet provider.... damn you USfamily!

#44 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:30 AM

Shadow..... Its an extremely small download and its definately virus-free. I don't know why you have such probs with it. Besides..... If you can't download it yourself get a friend to do it and transfer it over to ur pc via flashdrive or maybe burn it on cd..... I'm sure you can find a way if you really want to.... now hop to it! biggrin.gif

#45 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:53 PM

UPDATE: The "Who's Online" List is finally working!

It does seem that a few people are continuing to view this new chatroom with complete negativity; mostly because they don't like change.

First of all, I would like those people to consider these points:

1. The new chatroom is not the pits. In fact, it works BETTER than Flashchat and holds a much bigger crowd without ANY lag or kicking anyone out. It also allows us to customise it a lot better. It is not 100% perfect, but the flaws are few and minor.

2. This is still a new chatroom. Don't forget that Flashchat took a while to get on its feet, it was ages before there were custom backgrounds. So, again, have PATIENCE. Most of the H&E staff have their own jobs and studies, and are not around 24/7 to pander to your own whims.

3. Most people I have chatted to in the new room seem to be enjoying it. So things such as "nobody's chatting!" or "the atmosphere is not the same!" are untrue.

4. As far as I know, ever since we changed chatrooms, the forums have STOPPED getting 501 errors at busy times. Not only can we chat in a crowded room, we can also surf the forums without any errors!

I would love to thank Shauna-chan, Nick, Shriner, and Krisk for listening to people and dealing with the feedback. Guys, you have done so much. Thank you.

Remember that H&E is a free community, all provided at the mod's expense (with NO advertising, to boot). Not only that, the mods also continually strive to improve this place. So, instead of only complaining, think of the good things you get here.

Anyway, just needed to get all that off my chest. I love the community here, and I - with my fellow mods - will always do my best for this place. There are cracking members here. It's just a shame that some people only see fit to complain.

Now, I'd like to draw a line under all this. Give us time, and give the new room a chance, hmm?

Right, at the moment, I am working on the "Who's Online" part. Unfortunately, it is proving very tricky because Flashchat altered a lot of files so it could use its own custom online list. I have edited and deleted most of the custom Flashchat stuff, but the new online list is not showing. It is difficult to say how long it will take - especially as the author is not helping with uninstalling - but hopefully it will be done very soon.

After THAT, there will be a new FAQ about the chatroom, including information on what you need to get it working (which is already available in this thread).

Thank you for reading. smile.gif

#46 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:41 PM

I'll give the chatroom a chance if I can ever get it to work.
I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#47 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

Yo bug... have you tried using other browsers ? FireFox works perfectly for me. Maybe it'll work for ya too.

#48 TheBugNinja

TheBugNinja

Sasuke's mortal enemy

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:anime, basketball, and writing.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:14 PM

Firefox is my default browser.
I'm not cynical- I'm right.

#49 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (TheBugNinja @ Feb 14 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll give the chatroom a chance if I can ever get it to work.

Try PMing Smiter Buggy...he might know how to help you figure out why the chatroom isn't loading for you happy.gif

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

Oh fine Krazy, I'll do it, I've bowed to your whims. Sorry, it's all because my brother decided to download something and it messed up our computer, so I'm kinda paranoid....

#51 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:05 AM

Just a quick note while I create the new chatroom FAQ. smile.gif

If you are running Windows Vista and the chatroom loads, but never starts, then you need to try out this guide:

http://support.addon.......&article=53

#52 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:10 AM

Hey Smiter-sama, how about you? I rarely see you at the chats at all, do you go there?

#53 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:15 PM

I don't think I'll ever make it into Livechat since I'm blocked from installing new porgrams of upgrading the current ones. Nothing quite as fun as an insanly over protective father that's a little too crazy for your own good.

=__= Now that McAfee is updated over half the sites I used to be able to normally get to are totally blocked.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users