Close
Photo

The Great Heaven and Earth Fanfic/Fanart Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#41 tangerine_fever

tangerine_fever

T to the A to the N-C-H-A-N iiiiit's TAN CHAN!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:56 AM

um ok..so if u enter a fanart for 'destiny' (example) u can also enter another for...another keyword? or is it ONE fanart, and ONE fanfic max.?

#42 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:02 AM

YEAH i know how feel fever. I am confuss about this contest too.

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#43 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 June 2006 - 04:57 AM

If you have the time and energy, you can enter 1 fanfic/fanart for every one of the 10 different Keywords that will be selected...if you so choose.

It all depends on you, and how many entries you want to have.

#44 tangerine_fever

tangerine_fever

T to the A to the N-C-H-A-N iiiiit's TAN CHAN!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:20 AM

aah ok thankies lol, I was confused.

#45 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 05:40 AM

Thankes friend I gonna start when the polls closed, then I will start on my fic. Oh one more question where do you put are fin, fanart. For the contest at.

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#46 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

We'll be opening up a temporary new top level category for both the gallery and library for contest submissions.

#47 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:57 PM

Let the games begin!

The ten keywords that have been selected from the poll are:

"If only I could make you mine ..."
Good night
Kiss
He says, she says
Invincible, unrivaled
The sound of waves
"Don't you want to know?"
"You're not wearing THAT!"
Rubber ducky
Destiny

Any member can make submissions to The Great Heaven & Earth Fanfic/Fanart Contest from now until July 19, 2006, 5 PM EST. Simply submit your fanart or fanfic to the submission section of our fanart gallery or fanfic library.

You can make up to one submission per keyword for both the fanart and fanfic contests. Previously completed works are permissable as long as they match a keyword. Just PM a mod if you need help moving them in with the rest of the submissions.

And have fun!

We're looking forward to seeing all the submissions. a_spaz.gif

#48 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

Whoohoo! Let the games begin! laugh.gif

#49 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 29 June 2006 - 12:05 AM

Best of luck to everyone. biggrin.gif We have some nice prizes shaping up. wink.gif

#50 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:21 AM

wow! this is a great idea... if we copy (not trace) another picture does it count as fanart for this particular contest, or do we have to make something completely original?

#51 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (MonkeysTotallyRock @ Jun 28 2006, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow! this is a great idea... if we copy (not trace) another picture does it count as fanart for this particular contest, or do we have to make something completely original?

As long as you copy it and don't trace it...(and we are all holding you all to the honor system on that)...you can do it happy.gif

#52 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 28 2006, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MonkeysTotallyRock @ Jun 28 2006, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as you copy it and don't trace it...(and we are all holding you all to the honor system on that)...you can do it happy.gif

Awesome! so we can like--- Reference poses, and stuff? >.> and does it have to be NaruSaku..?

#53 ABrokenRomeo

ABrokenRomeo

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:38 AM

Welp, I just submitted my story. It's been awhile sense I wrote, so I hope it is enjoyed.
~Forever Living the Dream~

#54 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:47 AM

WOOT! first person! good luck! (i'm drawing a picture.)

#55 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:59 AM

Yo Nick, I just got some more questions...

I'm doing a fanfic AND a fan art (both centering around a different word from the other), but I've come across a few... mmm grey areas concerning what I want to do.

1. For the fan art side, I'm planning to do a gag comic; sort of like Garfield, but instead 3 panels a comic, it'll be 4 a comic. Problem is, I want to do 4 comics and to keep it convenient, publish them in different installments (at the same time before the due date, mind you). Sort of like a quadrilogy of a theme. Is that ok?

2. Despite time constraints of doing both a comic and a fic (a long one-shot), I might feel particularly ambitious to animate it; as I'm doing the comic in Flash MX. Would you still accept it as a fan art if it's animated (in flash)?
(Time constraints might dictate otherwise anyway)

Edited by Vespar, 29 June 2006 - 07:26 AM.

#56 princess_dexter

princess_dexter

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

Oooh Vespar, I hope you do get time to flash-animate your comic, that would be great to see!

And some interesting keywords there. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. This is going to be a LOT of fun. biggrin.gif

#57 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

Awesome! so we can like--- Reference poses, and stuff? >.> and does it have to be NaruSaku..?

It doesn't necessarily have to be centered around Naruto and Sakura, but they should play a somewhat prominent role in either the fanfic or fanart. Afterall...it is a NaruSaku contest happy.gif

#58 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 29 2006, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yo Nick, I just got some more questions...

I'm doing a fanfic AND a fan art (both centering around a different word from the other), but I've come across a few... mmm grey areas concerning what I want to do.

1. For the fan art side, I'm planning to do a gag comic; sort of like Garfield, but instead 3 panels a comic, it'll be 4 a comic. Problem is, I want to do 4 comics and to keep it convenient, publish them in different installments (at the same time before the due date, mind you). Sort of like a quadrilogy of a theme. Is that ok?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like you're just talking about doing a doujinshi. There's nothing wrong with that.

QUOTE (Vespar @ Jun 29 2006, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2. Despite time constraints of doing both a comic and a fic (a long one-shot), I might feel particularly ambitious to animate it; as I'm doing the comic in Flash MX. Would you still accept it as a fan art if it's animated (in flash)?
(Time constraints might dictate otherwise anyway)

I don't see a problem with animation, although I'm not sure if you'll be able to post it in the gallery properly. (We'll check into that.) So you might have to get it hosted on YouTube or something which might make it tougher for voters to find. I'll be creating a listing at the end of the contest and I can link to everything, but for people that go straight into the gallery, they won't see it.

#59 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

Quick announcement.

There was a bit of confusion amongst the mods so the deadline is being extended.

You now have until July 26, 2006, 5 PM EST to make submissions and voting extends a week past that.

#60 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

woot kiss one!
you can count in my narusaku pic in the gallery then (the one with them in the kimonos) lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users