Tease. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

#43 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:18 AM

I'll wait and see what they do first with a Marvel project for full judgment. I have alot of doubts, but it could also be for the better.

Time will tell.

rofl and /cry @ those pics. sad.gif

#44 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:24 AM

Holy $!@# no way. ermm.gif
I am still pinky-ash

#45 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:53 AM

Keep on, keep on, keep on raging~!
Keep on, keep on, keep on wtfing , y'all!

#46 Dr. Crow

Dr. Crow

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Reading manga and comics, watching tv, sleeping, watching pretty women, and I'm sure theres more.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:54 AM

As I have been making my Marvel since I can rember I have mix feelings about this deal. I can't imagine Disney screwing around to much with Marvel because fans will stop buying and we all know Disney loves money so I don't see them screwing around with Marvel characters.

They probably use them to make Disney character comics making Marvel make another universe where all the Disney character run around and characters will wear shirts with Disney characters on them. Worst case scenario we'll see comics like "Spidey goes to Disney World," "The Avengers vs that superhero group from Darkwing Duck" can't think of their name right now, or " Howard meets Donald: The Tail of 2 Ducks."

I know people have been making fun of possible having Marvel Characters in the Kingdom Hearts games but I wonder, like with Final Fantasy, could they make that work? Though then again Disney/Final Fantasy/Marvel hybrid may just be to confusing. As for the current

The biggest blow might come to the Movies/Television Shows that are currently being produce and future ones. This saddens me the most because the cartoons Marvel has out now is better than anything they produce in the last 15 years. I mean the last Iron Man an FF cartoons from the 90s were just plain terrible story wise.

To me the most frightful thing that may happen is the Fan Fiction. I just shudder to think of all the cross-overs fans will come up with and the horror that is to come with the inter company crack-parrings. facepalm.png

#47 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

huh?! what the...facepalm.png

but it's funny! laugh.gif

#48 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

That Mickeyverine is just plain odd...also slightly cute.... XD

#49 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

Warning: A Marvel Fan's Angry Rant --Click here to view--
Y'know what I've held my tongue in for far too long this is the biggest pile of crap I have EVER heard. Disney are the EA Sports of the Entertainment industry they can't let anything else be successful without sinking their rotted teeth into it. They CLAIM that they won't interfere with anything Marvel does but that's a bald faced lie and everyone knows it. Before long we'll be seeing Spider-Man and Mickey Mouse skipping in a field of dancing flowers while Wolverine is watering the plants and Hulk is singing Zippity freaking Doo Dah. Everyone at Marvel that allowed this to happen Joe "One More Day" Quesada included can all go **** themselves. This has ruined Marvel for me I'm done with them DC has never looked as good to me as it does right now. *Goes to read Blackest Night*

uc.png

#50 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (FullmetalNinjaED @ Sep 1 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Warning: A Marvel Fan's Angry Rant --Click here to view--
Y'know what I've held my tongue in for far too long this is the biggest pile of crap I have EVER heard. Disney are the EA Sports of the Entertainment industry they can't let anything else be successful without sinking their rotted teeth into it. They CLAIM that they won't interfere with anything Marvel does but that's a bald faced lie and everyone knows it. Before long we'll be seeing Spider-Man and Mickey Mouse skipping in a field of dancing flowers while Wolverine is watering the plants and Hulk is singing Zippity freaking Doo Dah. Everyone at Marvel that allowed this to happen Joe "One More Day" Quesada included can all go **** themselves. This has ruined Marvel for me I'm done with them DC has never looked as good to me as it does right now. *Goes to read Blackest Night*

While I can understand this person's feelings on the issue, I'm still more than willing to give this Marvel/Disney deal a fair chance, and not just throw a tantrum and 'ditch' Marvel because of it.

#51 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 1 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I can understand this person's feelings on the issue, I'm still more than willing to give this Marvel/Disney deal a fair chance, and not just throw a tantrum and 'ditch' Marvel because of it.

I agree. Let's not show some negativity about the merging. Actually, I forgot to mention, Disney had some relationship with Marvel ever since some time ago because Marvel is contributing Disney comic books and I have the Lion King comic to prove it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#52 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

Now it's official! omfg.gif
Disney is taking over the world! wacko.gif
I mean, think about it. They have always been famouse because of their programs, they're having a program to "save the earth" and now they just bought Marvel. I've never been a huge fan of Disney 'cause they kinda' irritate me with the whole Hanna Montana and Jonas thing. (But that's just my opinion) Anyways... I just can't believe that Marvel was selled to Disney... I never saw it comeing. sleep.gif

#53 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:21 PM

Everyone's talking about Disney talking over Marvel..

But what if Marvel somehow took over Disney?

Impossible? Yes. Lulzy? Much.

#54 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Like most things, we will just have to wait and see. I don't think it will be that bad, Disney will probably use it's ownership to make childrens programing but I would imagine a lot of the comics and films will be fine. Disney will probably still give directors and artists freedom with what they do, especially since the recent films from marvel have been having so much success.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#55 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

That art just reminds me of how similar Disney and Warner Brothers are in the way they've completely ignored their icons for the past decade or two.

I miss Mickey and Bugs.

Edited by dl316bh, 01 September 2009 - 10:38 PM.

bd5.jpg

#56 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:52 PM

Oh come on, can you image some of the super hero's that Marvel makes as kid friendly. I sure can't. Can you even imagine Wolverine saying fun on friendship and stuff like that? I will still hold my hope that Disney will not screw us and the characters. So, the can make a HSM crossover with our comic's. Walt Disney must be rolling his grave right know serouilly. Sorry, I know, I am jumping to conclusion, but that is the worst case I can see.

I agree their trying to take over the world, so they can be like the wallmart of the entertaining business. I really dislike Dc, but it better then Disney/Marvel crossover. *Shudder* to think what they will do to or characters.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 01 September 2009 - 10:54 PM.

#57 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:52 PM

Wait! Isn't Bugs Bunny from Cartoon network?

#58 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Cecixx19 @ Sep 1 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait! Isn't Bugs Bunny from Cartoon network?

No, it was A Warner Brothers production not Cartoon Network.

#59 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

Really?! Well, when I was little I used to watch it on cartoon network. (And that was... some time ago)

#60 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:58 PM

Disney primarily needs shows to appeal to the young boys demographic so if they want to bring in Marvel superheroes then by all means go ahead. They already air a bunch of the shows on DisneyXD and now that they own Marvel the budget can expand vastly towards it. I don't see how they will "kiddify" cartoons when they are made for you know kids? Pretty sure they will leave alone the graphic novels and the movies are almost always rated PG-13 (excluding the likes of The Punisher) so I don't expect them to suddenly become rated G kindergarten films.

When you think of Disney you usually think of it as a children network when in actuality it's a humongous corporation that owns many other companies like ABC, DreamWorks, ESPN, Pixar, Miramax, Touchstone, etc; Are Desperate Housewives and Lost classified as children shows? I've never seen Mickey Mouse on SportsCenter except during the ESPN/Disney collaboration weekend. I'd never think Disney would allow such movies like Gangs of New York, Kill Bill, No Country for Old Men, Doubt, There Will Be Blood, and many others that aren't remotely for younger audiences. Disney has many divisions that appeal to all sorts of demographics.

I can't hate Disney since what they are doing is a entirely business move and to increase their profits and who wouldn't want to do that? How many people would hold onto something such as "artistic value" when large sums of money are involved. Too early to tell right now, but I figure they will mostly have a hand in the cartoon shows so they can have a lineup for shows aimed at boys--which I would actually like to see considering the state of CartoonNetowrk and Nickeloden these days (who I wouldn't mind if Disney bought as well).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users