#21 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jul 17 2009, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People are downplaying Lexy too much, and I can understand it, he is indeed overused. but trying to explain why I like him so much will just result in a big rant, so meh...

Anyway, who would you want as a villain? and please don't say Bizzaro, god I hate Bizzaro.

No, definitely not Bizzaro... He's just too Bizzaro. tongue.gif sweatdrop.gif I think he would make a good side-villain, who has a role to play in the outcome of story. I'm sure if the studios did use him, they'd make him an anti-hero at the end, assisting Superman. As far as main antagonists, I'm not too familiar with his entire rogue gallery. I suppose first and foremost Brainiac, with an origin more akin to the animated series. Because he'd both be an intelligent enemy as well as a cold and powerful one. If not, I'd like to see Darkseid, just because Superman's fight with him has always been an epic one, which with Superman, I'd like to see him have to fight off an entire planet and it's ruler, make him sweat a little bit, and not just because of some green rock.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 17 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, definitely not Bizzaro... He's just too Bizzaro. tongue.gif sweatdrop.gif I think he would make a good side-villain, who has a role to play in the outcome of story. I'm sure if the studios did use him, they'd make him an anti-hero at the end, assisting Superman. As far as main antagonists, I'm not too familiar with his entire rogue gallery. I suppose first and foremost Brainiac, with an origin more akin to the animated series. Because he'd both be an intelligent enemy as well as a cold and powerful one. If not, I'd like to see Darkseid, just because Superman's fight with him has always been an epic one, which with Superman, I'd like to see him have to fight off an entire planet and it's ruler, make him sweat a little bit, and not just because of some green rock.

I'm not entirely sure but I think that's what happened in the Superman Returns game.

#23 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:14 AM

Oh yes, I can't remember if I mentioned it but there's also talks of making a film or series of films based off of the villain in the first Blade film, Dekon Frost... Which to me.... I ask: Why? Of course the project is being headed right now by the actor who played the character.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#24 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Superman fight Doomsday.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#25 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

To be honest, anything that will be based on the DC animated universe will rock,

Brainac could work but I can only see Darkseid in later movies, he is far too epic to be used in the first one.

Wish that will never be fulfilled... LOBO!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#26 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hey guys, it's been a while since we updated. Not much news as of late, this is a couple days old but I can't find it reported anywhere else here:

Writer of final draft of Spider-man 4, has also been hired to pen 5&6 regardless of whether or not Sam Raimi and original cast members return. (the last part has me happy)

Article about it can be found here.

Also tiny news, if you can even call it that, on a Hancock Sequel. Not much just Peter Berg (the director throwing some teaser out, I'm sure):

Sentence of teaser can be found here.

That's what I've got for now. Any thoughts?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#27 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:42 PM

The idea of more Spiderman sequals has me queazy, but a Hancock sequal wow.png

Im super excited about that!

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#28 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Aug 19 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The idea of more Spiderman sequals has me queazy, but a Hancock sequal wow.png

Im super excited about that!

Another person who liked Hancock??! wave.gif wow.png Or... is it just because of Will Smith? 111193.gif rawr.gif

Anyways, I've stated many times I think Spider-man can work with a new director cast, and less of a vintage silver-age feel.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#29 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

Hrm, what kind of direction though, reboot or continuation of the current series?

#30 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (The Notorious L.I.D. @ Jul 18 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't mind seeing Superman fight Doomsday.

Depends on how they handle that, for me. It would have to be one hell of a battle. Sadly, they'd have to cut away a lot of the Death and Return saga to make it work. They tried that with Superman: Doomsday with mixed results.

Wish that will never be fulfilled... LOBO!

I don't know man. These days anythings possible. I thought I'd never see a Deadpool solo film, but one's on the way.

If they were to have a Lobo film I'd want Keith Giffen to write it. Though it might be hard to convince him. If not him, Grant Morrison.

Writer of final draft of Spider-man 4, has also been hired to pen 5&6 regardless of whether or not Sam Raimi and original cast members return. (the last part has me happy)

Same. I don't want any of them back, really. The only Spider-Man film I really liked was the first one. The second one had all the right stuff but poor acting killed it. I've just never felt Tobey was right as Peter Parker anyways.

I'd kind of like a reboot, this time tied into the new Marvel film universe Marvel Studios has going. Won't likely happen though, sadly. Spider-Man and X-Men are more or less off limits due to being sourced out to studios like Fox.
bd5.jpg

#31 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

This is true but where there's money to be made, there's a way for the studios. I think Marvel might be able to talk them into it. They'd make tons of money for sure bringing in other franchise heros to another one, much more than solo films I'd think.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#32 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

I found a rumor here about Todd McFarlane working on a new Spawn script. I call it a rumor because the source simply says: 'Josh' which doesn't seem reliable to me. I'll wait to see if other sites confirm this first.

To me this news is neither bad nor good. I thought the original live action movie was okay, but that it could've been more. I'm not an avid Spawn reader so the film didn't wow or disappoint me. I liked the design of the suit and how it worked. The script McFarlane's working on is supposed to be more mature. We'll see. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like the third Punisher movie.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#33 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

Wish list for a Spiderman Reboot

Spiderman - let the guy be an actual teenager, that's what the series was all about, a 15 years old geek who gets these amazing powers.
Oh, and the most importent thing, Spiderman must never and I mean NEVER stop talking while fighting.

Gwen stacy - Actully introduce her from the start, have her as Peter's first love interest, until her expected death.

Mary jane - Do a proper Mary jane this time, not that whiny thing that Kristin dunst has played in the films, but the ultimate redhead who is everything Gwen stacy is not.

Marvel universe - I can't start to think how cool can it be to have Spiderman always comparing himself to the major super heroes in the business, such as the avangers.

Villains - Lizard should make a great bad guy if done right, followed by the goby and Doc Oc, and later on... Venom! (And I mean the real venom and not that alian rip-off in Spiderman 3, a guy who actully torments both Peter parker and Spiderman throught the entire film)

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#34 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:49 AM

A proper Mary Jane would be a partying airhead, as Stan Lee intended. And for the love of everything decent they need to cut back on the forced romance with Mary Jane. He never should have been married to her in the comics to begin with; the last thing needed is for other media adaptions to perpetually follow suit. That's part of what led to Gwen being left out for two third of the original Spider-Man trilogy and getting a reduced role in the third.

Spiderman - let the guy be an actual teenager, that's what the series was all about, a 15 years old geek who gets these amazing powers.

Only in Ultimate Spider-Man. In the main stuff he was in late high school when he got his powers. The original stories only picked up after he'd graduated and went to college.

Villains - Lizard should make a great bad guy if done right

Lizard should have been used from the beginning. Sam Raimi loves taking characters who rarely did anything good in the comics and making them repenant. That's pretty much the Lizard to a tee, o he should have just gone with Curt Conners instead of making Doc Ock a misguided crazy.

I found a rumor here about Todd McFarlane working on a new Spawn script. I call it a rumor because the source simply says: 'Josh' which doesn't seem reliable to me. I'll wait to see if other sites confirm this first.

Sounds very rumory. I can't even remember the last time Todd McFarlane did anything of note.
bd5.jpg

#35 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Aug 28 2009, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A proper Mary Jane would be a partying airhead, as Stan Lee intended. And for the love of everything decent they need to cut back on the forced romance with Mary Jane. He never should have been married to her in the comics to begin with; the last thing needed is for other media adaptions to perpetually follow suit. That's part of what led to Gwen being left out for two third of the original Spider-Man trilogy and getting a reduced role in the third.

That's how Mary Jane started in the comics, yes, how she was introduced, and why Peter never took notice of her. But after Gwen's death, she changed, showed that she could be responsible, and took Peter into her life -- albeit after some rocky business first. I don't agree about the marriage part either.

I thought they left out Gwen Stacy out of fear of ruining such a monumental moment in the Spider-man mythos (even though the writers would eventually do that with the whole GwenXNorman- not Harry- Osborn thing) and simply paid tribute to it in the first film to be safe. If they did it wrong and messed it up with Gwen, the film would've been torn apart.

To me, the Gwen in the films came off as more of the MJ from the comics (she's a model, when did Gwen do that?) and MJ came off as more of a Gwen Stacy although ... a bit moodier in the third film.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#36 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

But after Gwen's death, she changed, showed that she could be responsible, and took Peter into her life -- albeit after some rocky business first.

Not really. She only "changed" when Stan Lee was looking to marry them in the newspaper strip and the comics folk scrambled to get something together to coincide with that, which was '85 or '86. Gwen died in a storyline in the very, very early seventies. Writers went completely out of their way to force a parallel in their lives - to the detriment of things - and rushed the marriage out the door. The stuff's been a mess almost ever since until they finally undid it.

They pretty much threw Black Cat to the wolves at the time to do it; she had been Spidey's girlfriend for a while up to that point and they screwed her over in regards to her character just for an impetus for Peter to go to MJ; he basically proposed to her on the rebound and it was rushed through.

I don't agree about the marriage part either.

That's fine. You don't have to. I didn't think that way once either. But actually reading the comics - even if it's just some of them - from the wedding on up to it's dissolution is an... eye opening experience. It's not exactly coincidence that all of the best - and best remembered - Spider-Man stories happened before the marriage; the ones that did work after it worked despite the marriage.

I thought they left out Gwen Stacy out of fear of ruining such a monumental moment in the Spider-man mythos

I'd say they left her out because they wanted to focus on Mary Jane. Since MJ was the one who married Spider-Man for a while, way too many think of her as the most important. Maybe that will change now, who knows.

They even did a weird version of the whole bridge thing in the first Spidey movie, but with MJ, so I don't see "not wanting to ruin it" as having much to do with it.

(even though the writers would eventually do that with the whole GwenXNorman- not Harry- Osborn thing)

That seems to have been retconned thanks to One More Day. At least, that is my hope. Man that was crap.

(she's a model, when did Gwen do that?)

Never. It's been a while since I read the earliest stuff, but I believe they were still undergrad's in college when she died.

Edited by dl316bh, 28 August 2009 - 07:06 PM.

bd5.jpg

#37 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

Next Batman Movie Begins 2010

Uhhhhh. Keep in mind it's still a rumor at this point, Christopher Nolan still has to be confirmed as director. But WB will definitely ask him to be back.

#38 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Sep 5 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uhhhhh. Keep in mind it's still a rumor at this point, Christopher Nolan still has to be confirmed as director. But WB will definitely ask him to be back.

If they didn't I'd be forced to question the sanity of everyone in charge. Nolan's basically singlehandedly saved the Batman film franchise.
bd5.jpg

#39 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

Won't he get tired of directing the Batman films soon though??

#40 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 6 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Won't he get tired of directing the Batman films soon though??

Who knows? These superhero film directors are fickle. Take Sam Raimi. Every film he says he's not going to come back and every film he does. It gets pretty annoying.
bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users