#41 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

More evidence is what I need. Has he been using them continuously, or is this a one time thing? I doubt it was a one time thing though. Now, if he lies or not depends on him. I'd rather he'd come clean than deny about using it, and it'll help his image more if he just admits it.

#42 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

Meh to be honest not surprised. I've always kinda been ambivalent towards him so this doesn't make me like or dislike him anymore than before.

It kinda just falls under the way baseball has been over the last few yeas with the steroid era and how even the league itself turned a blind eye towards what was going on with players during the time. Baseball has been tarnished by steroids as we constantly see some of the best players of this generation involved one way or another with it. I remember a few years back when Rafael Palmeiro got his 3,000 hits my math teacher put up a big poster of him in the room commenting on hard work and success. Not too soon after that when he was found to have used steroids he tore the poster down in front of the whole class.

Really now whenever a player breaks a record people will always have this sense of doubt in the back of their heads wondering whether this person used performance enhancement drugs or not. Whats ironic is that it will only happen in baseball due to the attachment steroids has with the sport. You won't see people questioning someone breaking/setting a record in another sport such as the NFl/NBA/NHL etc; as they will tear apart in baseball.

So I figure I'll wait for A-Roid to give his side of the story though really my opinion has been already set.

#43 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3894847

#44 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:06 AM

I think in some way I see what he means. Pressure can be a really hard thing to deal with. I'm disappointed, but I'm glad he finally came clean.

#45 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

I've been watching the World Baseball Classic and Team USA won against Canada. USA! USA! USA!
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#46 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

I just bought my New York Yankees VS Florida Marlins tickets today. biggrin.gif Front row, cost me my soul. I'm going to drive down ALL the way from Tallahasee to see them play.

so excited.

x]

#47 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:35 AM

The Cardinals are off to a great start this year. We are on a five game winning streak and are in the desert facing Arizona. Things are looking good for us. Now all I need is for the Cubs to suck like they do every year and it will be fine. CUBS SUCK!

#48 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

Hrm.. I'm off to a pretty good start betting on MLB this season... up ~20 units so far.

Good thing I didn't bet yesterday... Cardinals would have screwed me over. biggrin.gif
Pretty bored.

#49 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

The Mariners are leading their division. THE FREAKING SEATTLE MARINERS. I am in a daze. Boston fans, is this what it felt like to finally win the World Series - joyful disbelief?

Our new GM's moves have come up swimmingly (Franklin Gutierrez = teh smex) so far, Bedard looks healthy , and ICHIRO! hits a salami in his return from the DL.

Oh yeah, that Griffey guy, I heard he may have been not-bad for us once upon a time.

Sure, it's early. But remember, those 7 wins we have right now is already 11% of the total wins we had last year.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#50 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Rangers still can't pitch. It's simply a fact of baseball life that we (on average) give up at least five runs a game.

Swept Cleveland only to be swept by Detriot and losing 2 of 3 to Baltimore.

#51 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Orioles are in second place in the AL East...is this possible?!?! Though Hendrickson gave up nine unearned runs in that terrible game against the Rangers..

Ah well I'm not too optimistic but we'll see as the season rolls on. At least stay above 500.

#52 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

The Champs are 4-3 going in to tonights game against the winless Nationals. Once again the phillies struggle early in the season,.the Offense has been getting hot, especially Ryan Howard who is in Great shape after dropping 20 pounds, and the bullpen is still pretty damn good. But the starting Pitching needs to get it together if they're gonna have a chance to repeat, though its still early.

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Apr 16 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah, that Griffey guy, I heard he may have been not-bad for us once upon a time.

I along with many others are rooting for Ken Griffey, heck, he got cheered when he came to philly, which is a tough task

Edited by Illmatic, 16 April 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#53 Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity

Abandoned

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:53 AM

Ah, damnit! I could have made a good amount of money if I had got home in time to place my Toronto bet... instead I lost a good amount of money because of the early Cubs bet.

This is why I hate betting on baseball... the times that games start just aren't good for me and I can't get all my bets in... not like hockey where games only start at 5 PM MST or after (unless it's a weekend or something).
Pretty bored.

#54 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

New Yankee stadium was broken in recently.

GOD IT'S HUGE. XD

...and pretty.

Ooohhh, they used Babe Ruth's batttt! 8D

ending score aside, it was a great opening day.

8]

#55 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:09 PM

After sweeping the Mets in three games the Cardinals take on the Cubs. Can't wait to beat them into the ground! Go Cards! Cubs suck!

#56 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

So Manny gets suspended 50 games for failing a drug test. Apparently though it was his physicians fault for not giving him a drug that was not approved under the MLB drug poilicy; he has also passed 15 tests over the last five seasons. I'll give him benefit of the doubt unless we get more info. But after A-Rod another high profile player this year gets caught with steroids. Seems like this issue won't leave baseball for a long time to come.

#57 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Annnnnnd now Manny sucks up a bench spot on my fantasy baseball team. Thanks, guy.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#58 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

I laugh at all the people in Toronto who said Cito Gaston was a horrible manager even when he led the team to two back to back World Series Titles.

Here he is fifteen plus years later managing the team again to first over all in the American League

If the Jays weren't owned by Rogers (I hate the company deeply lol) I might become a fan again

Edited by Verilance, 19 May 2009 - 10:05 PM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#59 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

I went to the 3 Yankees VS Marlins game this last weekend, and they were fun. It was the first time I ever got to see the team in person! The games were great, and I got some cool shoots.

going down to my seats; loottss of people --Click here to view--

omg is that derek jeter biggrin.gif --Click here to view--

I believe there was a record broken on saturday's game, like 46,427 people at the stadium. wink.gif

#60 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

Today's the All Star game! Who else is watching?

8D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users