• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#1 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:57 AM

Got this idea from the NFL thread. Well with baseball season just around the corner I think it's time to start talking about it. I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan and I'm hoping we make the playoffs this year. We are getting Chris Carpenter back from injury, and we've picked up a few players during the off-season. My biggest concern is our bullpen. We must have blown at least 30 saves last year. If we had converted half of those we would have been in the post-season. Anybody else wanna talk baseball with me?
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#2 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:34 AM

Sure, I will

Red Sox are takin' it back this year, man. I can feel it. That we blew it last year was a fluke. A FLUKE, I say!

#3 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:55 AM

hehehehe

#4 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Repeat
\

#5 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

Marlins fan. Not much to talk about the team as they have done squat this off-season.

#6 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

<--- Mariners fan.

...but hey, we have a lot of high draft picks this year! I think I'm looking forward to that as much as (if not more than) the actual season. >_>
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#7 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Orioles fan here. Though playing in the richest hardest division in baseball makes it tough to reach the playoffs.

Oh well go birds!

#8 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Rangers fan.

We may have a shot at landing Ben Sheets, but I fear he may end up like every other high priced picthing free agent we signed this decade (Kevin Millwood, Chan Ho Park (dear God what were we thinking), well, you get the idea) as he is forced to pitch in the Texas heat and homerun happy stadium: a ERA that goes from 3 to near 5.

We couldn't pitch last year. We couldn't pitch the year before that and we probably won't be able to pitch this year. Pitchers do well before and after coming to Texas, but they stink while they're here. Truthfully, I can't remember a time in the last ten years where we haven't been near dead last in the league in ERA. We've had decent bullpens from time to time, but they inevitably breakdown from overuse every year.

If we have a good offense maybe we can float around 500 again or even have a shot at the wild card if it's really good and the picthing is even half way decdent.

I'm sensing a trend here....

#9 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

This song is my anthem.

http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#10 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

Red Socks ftw (Omar betrayed them)
. Don't Press the red button

#11 Orenji

Orenji

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

Baseball is my FAVORITE sport, EVER. Anytime anyone wants to talk baseball hit me up haha.

GO CUBS GO.
LOL The Lovable Losers.

SOON.
ITS GONNA HAPPEN.

#12 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

Yankees FTW!

uc.png

#13 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:25 AM

YANKEES UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF MONEY FTW tongue.gif

#14 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Jan 26 2009, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YANKEES UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF MONEY FTW tongue.gif

True. laugh.gif

uc.png

#15 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jan 26 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True. laugh.gif

You want to take Millwood off our hands like you did A-Rod?

#16 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 26 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You want to take Millwood off our hands like you did A-Rod?

That old fart? Sure, just about every other Pitcher on our team is a Dinosaur which is one of the reasons we haven't won a Title in 10 years....

uc.png

#17 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Jan 26 2009, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--- Mariners fan.

...but hey, we have a lot of high draft picks this year! I think I'm looking forward to that as much as (if not more than) the actual season. >_>

I'm an M's fan too. Maybe they'll be able to do what the Rays did and turn years of sucking into greatness through a lot of top draft picks. One can only hope. I'd love to see Ichiro get something in return for all his hard work.

QUOTE (Kirby @ Jan 26 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Red Socks ftw

Rock on!

#18 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jan 26 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That old fart? Sure, just about every other Pitcher on our team is a Dinosaur which is one of the reasons we haven't won a Title in 10 years....

But you got Sabathia (though you lost Mussina (I wonder if True ever forgave him for bolting to the Yankees) and the rich mans Carl Pavano, A.J. Burnet. If your lucky he'll only spend half the time on the DL that Pavano did. You also got Texiera, though I can't say I was sorry to lose him a couple of years ago since his agent is Scott Boras. After A-Rod, Rangers management has been very averse to having his clients around. I think Millwood is the only person on the team with Boras as ageny,

#19 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'll be (somewhat) fair to the Yanks. It used to be that they were always buying up all the free agents because they were always in "win-now" mode. That's only half True now - the other half is buying free agents so that the Red Sox don't get them. (Texeira)

Also, the Yanks just resigned Pettitte. So their rotation is now Sabathia, Pettitte, Burnett, Wang, and Chamberlain. Nice rotation, but name me a Yankees reliever outside of Mariano Rivera without looking it up.

In regards to Pavano - I can't believe I was ever upset that the M's lost out on him several years ago. We dodged THAT bullet!

And promptly got hit by Washburn, Silva, Bedard.... ugh.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#20 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Jan 27 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be (somewhat) fair to the Yanks. It used to be that they were always buying up all the free agents because they were always in "win-now" mode. That's only half True now - the other half is buying free agents so that the Red Sox don't get them. (Texeira)

Also, the Yanks just resigned Pettitte. So their rotation is now Sabathia, Pettitte, Burnett, Wang, and Chamberlain. Nice rotation, but name me a Yankees reliever outside of Mariano Rivera without looking it up.

In regards to Pavano - I can't believe I was ever upset that the M's lost out on him several years ago. We dodged THAT bullet!

And promptly got hit by Washburn, Silva, Bedard.... ugh.

Adrian Beltre, Richie Sexon....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users