525 replies to this topic

#41 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

Let see if Spain will be out or still has hope.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#42 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

DOWN GOES SPAIN!

Wow, unbelievable.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#43 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

DOWN GOES SPAIN!

Wow, unbelievable.

A new champion will rise

#44 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,357 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

Ohhh!!! Down goes Spain it was expected they played like a bunch of amateurs :facepalm:  congrats to Chile they deserved it   :thumb:

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#45 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

What happen to France, happen to Spain this time. Curse of the champion?

#46 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Wasn't Spain running it's mouth prior to the tournament? I don't know that anyone has made a worse showing than Spain. Even the teams that are supposed to stink are playing better.

#47 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:42 PM

Another powerful to fall or rise England

#48 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

HEre comes let's see Rooney fails once more.

1403203889001.jpg

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 19 June 2014 - 07:47 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#49 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

HEre comes let's see Rooney fails once more.

1403203889001.jpg

lol  yet England is alive

#50 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

Monster effort by Japan and it comes away empty. A lot of chances but it results in a draw, 0-0

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#51 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

Wasn't Spain running it's mouth prior to the tournament? I don't know that anyone has made a worse showing than Spain. Even the teams that are supposed to stink are playing better. 

I would not say that it was running its mouth. Soccer is easily the most popular sport in Spain. However, Spain had only won an international trophy in decades, in spite of there are many excellent spanish players. So, after winning three cups straight -two European cups and one World cup-, people had given themselves too many hopes.

But yes, definitely it was a terrible showing. It reminded me of France several years ago.

Anyway this chat about Spain and the world cup in what is essentially an anime forum has reminded me of something funny. You will see, in 1982 the World Cup was held in Spain. The official mascot of that cup was Naranjito. There was a big deal of Naranjito merchandising... including an anime series! Its name was "Futbol en Accción" and it was made in 1982 by Nippon Animation (famous by adapting works from Western literature to anime and by shows such like Tomorrow's Joe, Votoms, Captain Tsubasa J, Hunter X Hunter and Corrector Yui).

Do you think it is strange or interesting? Well, now you know something new (a piece of obscure and useless trivia, but still it is something new)... And knowing is the half of battle (I tried hard to NOT make a G. I. Joe joke. I failed)

Edited by Jenskott, 20 June 2014 - 11:09 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#52 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Well, England are out. That was disappointing for Italy, Costa Rica played extremely well, it is honestly so surprising that out of all 4 teams in this group. Costa Rica is the team that has won two games and automatically qualified to the next round!  :ermm: Oh well England played incredibly poorly yesterday and at least now Italy vs Uruguay will 100% be an exciting match throughout the 90 minutes.  :cry:

10wnpqp.jpg

#53 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

Honestly I'm not surprised from this outcome... sultriness and humidity don't help italian players while costa rica is usually get used to this weather conditions (like all south american teams).

So, under this climatic conditions (the game was started at 1:00pm local), the  "azzurri" team, who doesn't have any runners (maybe only cerci), collapsed under a good team like costa rica. Now we cannot lost against the Uruguay, which will be very difficuls. They have a strong forwards like Suarez and Cavani. Besides, we have some lousy and overstimated players (especially in defense).

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#54 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

How about that France team. The Swiss team just didn't have any answers (well, until close to the end).

Edited by Lid, 20 June 2014 - 11:23 PM.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#55 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:36 PM

I have been on and off following it (I had an extremely heavy workload this week), but I have free time now! I'm excited for tomorrow's and Sunday's matches.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#56 Enkai

Enkai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I like watching anime, reading manga, and watching TV shows.
    I also enjoy watching/playing football(soccer) and playing video games. I like coding and software development too, as well as having a interest in technology. Oh how can I forget drawing! Although I don't really do it as much now, used to love it as a kid.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:41 PM

Honestly I'm not surprised from this outcome... sultriness and humidity don't help italian players while costa rica is usually get used to this weather conditions (like all south american teams).

So, under this climatic conditions (the game was started at 1:00pm local), the  "azzurri" team, who doesn't have any runners (maybe only cerci), collapsed under a good team like costa rica. Now we cannot lost against the Uruguay, which will be very difficuls. They have a strong forwards like Suarez and Cavani. Besides, we have some lousy and overstimated players (especially in defense).

Yeah climate does play a part, but by now they should be use to it and time zone too. I think Italy should have played Immobile instead of Insigne, would have probably been more effective and there would be less pressure on Balotelli. Really disappointing performance in terms of what people expect from Italy.

I have been on and off following it (I had an extremely heavy workload this week), but I have free time now! I'm excited for tomorrow's and Sunday's matches.

Monday will be an awesome day in terms of the WC matches, all 4 matches feature big teams or matches that depend on who is going through to the next round!

10wnpqp.jpg

#57 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

This weather excuse is totally bs, i mean Balotelli alone wasted two easy chances to score.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#58 megi

megi

Resident Gardener

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:00 AM

enkai, I agree! However because of work, I will be missing most of them (I will record though). watching the games is really exciting, to me it doesn't really matter who wins.

tumblr_n17tev6vc61t0ss41o1_500.jpg

"You've got the need. You've got the dream" 絆ってなんだ?

GNS for life

#59 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

Let's see how will be England vs Italy  or Japan.

Those who watch the word cup in Unvision:

Sube adrelalina.

I like that one what about this one?

#60 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

It's halftime and we're down by 1.

:(