162 replies to this topic

#161 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:49 AM

Double posting and grave digging to make two observations after browsing the various HP places on reddit for the first time in forever.

1: While we can debate the way in which Harry's abuse is portrayed, especially in books one and two, I'm amazed at how many fans are happy to explain away the abuse he suffers at the hands of the Dursley's and Dumbledore's involvement in said abuse. I find it disturbing.

2: I'm similarly uncomfortable with the people who are perfectly okay justifying Snape's legitimately awful behavior just because he was a spy. They are quick to attack James Potter, but refuse to acknowledge the fact that Snape turns into James as an instructor and abuses his students. It's very problematic. 

1- It's unfortunate but there was a reason why Harry was there, nevertheless as we learn later Dumbledore is not the beacon of good and justice we think he is in the earlier books 

2- Yeah, Snape is just a bad teacher overall, but even for someone who doesn't like Harry's guts ( because it reminded him of James) he saved him lots of times and remained loyal to the "good" side after everything

Edited by Nar123, 21 July 2015 - 01:49 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#162 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

I saw this on reddit and totally agree:

Snape is the ultimate Nice Guy.

#163 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

I saw this on reddit and totally agree:
Snape is the ultimate Nice Guy.

I don't think snape ever guilt trip her, if that's what nice guy you're talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users