80 replies to this topic

#1 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

So, I'm not sure if anyone here also like the movie, but I thought we could create an thread to discuss the upcoming sequel, expecially since we have some new info revealed. The plot summary was revealed already:

" Hiccup and Toothless lead hundreds of hero dragons in defense of Dragon Mountain, battling against Drago Bloodfist’s huge army of Dragon Hunters and their ruthless war machines. The mighty Bewilderbeast, Master of Dragon Mountain, rises to join Hiccup against Drago’s forces, but Drago has a secret weapon – his own enslaved Bewilderbeast arrives to turn the tide. Hiccup and Drago lead their massive armies in an epic showdown. "

So apparently, it will be about Hiccuc having to deal with an new tribe that knows how to train dragons too and is preparing for war.

We also have official pictures for Hiccup and Astrid:

Thoughts?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Oh hell yeah! I can't wait! First one was so good. No wonder Kishi loves it.

#3 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

YES AND YES!

Do mind me being here...

#4 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

I can't wait either, and based on that summery it sounds like it will be just as good as the first.

I like the images but the middle one bugs me a bit because Hiccup is left-handed yet he's holding that sword with his right hand, I really like their new outfits and I wonder if they will start to incorporate them into the TV series's second season.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#5 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

The artwork is definitely intriguing, especially as the characters have so obviously aged since the last movie. Considering "Dragons: Riders of Berk" seems to leave everyone at their first-movie age, I wonder if this will signal the end of that series.

I don't think this movie is compatible with the stories from the books, but then again neither was the first movie, really. Which could be a good thing, as, oddly enough, I didn't like the books as much as the movie. I saw another pic from this set at another site mentioning a character named "Valka." As I didn't read far enough into the books to know all the characters, I'm not sure if she's from the books or not, but I'm wondering if she's supposed to be the movie version of Valhallarama, Hiccup's mother (who is hinted at being deceased in the movie\TV show but is definitely alive in the books, and I don't think it's ever been said EXPLICITLY in the movie even with the "breast hat.").

The TV show introduced the main villain from the books, Alvin the Treacherous; it doesn't sound like Alvin has a role in this movie, so I'm wondering if any of the elements\characters from the TV show will also be appearing in this movie.

Astrid looks great, and I'm glad to see they're keeping the TV\Shorts name for her dragon as "Stormfly," since that sort of indicates they won't be trying to "correct" the change from the books to the movie by hooking Hiccup up with an as-yet unintroduced Camikazi (whose dragon was also named Stormfly in the books; this sort of confirms that they're entirely replacing Camikazi's character with Astrid, which helps make the romantic element of first movie more meaningful; the only thing I'm going to miss from this change is it probably means we'll never see Big-Boobied Bertha animated). They seem to be pushing her and her dragon, Stoick, Gobber, Hiccup and his dragon, and this Valka person with her dragon as the main characters in the movie based on the early release artwork, as I have yet to see any artwork representing Snotlout, Fishlegs, the twins, their dragons, or any of the TV characters, or any dragons for Stoick or Gobber. I imagine many of these characters are in the movie, mind you, but I recall the other kids (and especially their dragons) being pushed more heavily in the promo material for the first movie.

Oh, yes -- and I like confident Hiccup's appearance, but I'm a little worried about Jay Burachel's ability to pull off a voice for a character who looks that fiercely confident. We'll see.

Edited by desaix, 24 April 2013 - 07:54 PM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yay! This has been a hugely popular movie and tv show at our house. Can't wait!

#7 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Other pictures I've seen:

Edited by desaix, 24 April 2013 - 09:03 PM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#8 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

What year? 2013 or 14? smile.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#9 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Apr 24 2013, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What year? 2013 or 14? smile.gif

June 2014

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#10 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Apr 24 2013, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Other pictures I've seen:

I have the feeling this poster in the middle is for the second season of the TV series, as Hiccup and Astrid kind of still wearing their pre-time skip outfit under their armor.

#11 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Apr 24 2013, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the feeling this poster in the middle is for the second season of the TV series, as Hiccup and Astrid kind of still wearing their pre-time skip outfit under their armor.

Hiccup isn't. Astrid might be, but I kind of get the feeling that the outfit we see her wearing in the other promo pics is put on over her pre-timeskip armor. I'm assured that this is one of the movie posters, not the TV series poster (especially given the level of detail, which is beyond what the TV series has managed). Could just be the poster was made before some of the designs were finalized.

Edited by desaix, 24 April 2013 - 09:48 PM.

-Tonbo

#12 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

So... If anyone is interested, dreamworks released an new pic with Hiccup and Astrid during a promo.

tumblr_inline_movwexfelY1qz4rgp.jpg

#13 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

Dreamworks is on a roll! I'm looking really forward to both this and "Kung Fu Panda 3!" :happy:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Also the follow up on riders of berk (defenders of berk or smthg) should start airing in September don't remember where I read this though

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#15 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I liked the first one. I'll look forward to this.

#16 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Teaser!!!

I know Kishi must be hyped for this one. So am I. I can't wait!

"This is amazing!" Oh you have no idea. :excited:

#17 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for posting. I only managed to find this on Tumblr so I didn't had a link to post it here. Any way, it's really torturing to wait almost an entire year for this. I hope we also get to see some clips with all the other kids grown up.

#18 coolcatjas

coolcatjas

Lvl.70 ブレイバー

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Basic stuff like anime, manga, drawing, reading, movies, ect..

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Teaser!!!

I know Kishi must be hyped for this one. So am I. I can't wait!

"This is amazing!" Oh you have no idea. :excited:

omg Hiccup looks so cute D: What's the time skip on this I wonder?

Im so excited for this movie! I wanna see it now ><

swi1pKF.png
Image drawn by me :D

Tumblr Account Pony Account

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Finally saw the first movie and I love it no wonder Kishi liked it. I am hyped for this one I love Hiccup and Astrid great couple just like Naru/Saku. :D

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

omg Hiccup looks so cute D: What's the time skip on this I wonder?

Im so excited for this movie! I wanna see it now ><

Same here!

Finally saw the first movie and I love it no wonder Kishi liked it. I am hyped for this one I love Hiccup and Astrid great couple just like Naru/Saku. :D

Glad you love it. I'm about to get it on Blu-ray. This movie is so much awesome in my book.

Also, this teaser makes me remember why this year animated films, while good, are more like have fun, while this one is more "heart" to it. I mean that soundtrack, no comedy, just pure bondage. I freaking love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users