James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 17 2013, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it's just that though.

Since they couldn't completely bring back the old show, they made this fun show smile.gif to not only please the fans but to appeal to kids biggrin.gif

Beware the Batman seems like it's gonna be aimed toward older kids anyway, so they have that.

Still...being cautiously optimistic about this show biggrin.gif

Not sure about the bolded.

I think the problem is in the story telling. Look at the old Teen Titans and story telling. Sometimes they got deep and dark at times. Sometimes the stories were graphic in nature and dealt with the darker side of being superheroes.

Take example the episodes withe Slade in them. How would stories like that transfer to the newer Teen Titans? Seeing as they want to aim to younger and more broad audience, those kind of stories are too risque, but were good for the older series.

That's the problem withe trying to appeal to every age group. Especially in this day and age. When I was a kid, I could watch the original Teen Titans very young and have no problems. Now, any parent finds fault with a kid even seeing violence on cartoons like that. So what kind of stories would the new Teen Titans have? Slade wouldn't be good since he is too dark and kiddifying it will just seem stupid. Can't bring Raven's father into the mix cause that was also dark.

Not saying all cartoon reboots are like this, but you run the risk of doing that.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

look GUYS... they could never really bring back the old teen titans we knew.
they'd have to do a new story, since kids wouldn't know WHAT the heck is going on XD (cause again..only the fans of the old show would..and that was like...6 YEARS AGO!! XD)

but let's say they brought them back anyway.........
like I said they can't continue it......so they'd have to introduce the teen titans ALL over again.........that wouldn't please the old fans since most of them want a continuation.

but let's say they did.....they brought it back for a 6th season and are continuing....
..... the problem with that is....they used up alot of plot/stories already...what would they do?? what story would they use???

and AGAIN...lets say they find some new stories to squeeze in......
would it REALLY be the same?

look Teen Titans go! might be" kiddie like" but these types of shows are able to make even the simplest thing into an episode.

and as a fan of the old show......I'm literally just happy with the characters interacting with each other.

cause guys...they were never gonna bring Teen Titans back we should be grateful for even this....shows like Teen Titans usually don't continue from where they left.

thats like taking the Justice league show and continuing from where they left....it won't happen. All they can do is make a new show.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

I admit, I laughed at the top comment. The second one. That was a good one. But seriously, I will give it a try. As I said before, I just thought the timing is off, making people think they canceled Young Justice for this.

#24 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 17 2013, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
look GUYS... they could never really bring back the old teen titans we knew.
they'd have to do a new story, since kids wouldn't know WHAT the heck is going on XD (cause again..only the fans of the old show would..and that was like...6 YEARS AGO!! XD)

but let's say they brought them back anyway.........
like I said they can't continue it......so they'd have to introduce the teen titans ALL over again.........that wouldn't please the old fans since most of them want a continuation.

but let's say they did.....they brought it back for a 6th season and are continuing....
..... the problem with that is....they used up alot of plot/stories already...what would they do?? what story would they use???

and AGAIN...lets say they find some new stories to squeeze in......
would it REALLY be the same?

look Teen Titans go! might be" kiddie like" but these types of shows are able to make even the simplest thing into an episode.

and as a fan of the old show......I'm literally just happy with the characters interacting with each other.

cause guys...they were never gonna bring Teen Titans back we should be grateful for even this....shows like Teen Titans usually don't continue from where they left.

thats like taking the Justice league show and continuing from where they left....it won't happen. All they can do is make a new show.

You make good points as to why continuing the old Teen Titans wouldn't work... but there's one option you left out: just leaving Teen Titans alone. Not bringing it back.

Teen Titans had a great run. It was a great show. But it doesn't need to be brought back if there's no more quality material that they can add to it.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 18 April 2013 - 03:23 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#25 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 18 2013, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make good points as to why continuing the old Teen Titans wouldn't work... but there's one option you left out: just leaving Teen Titans alone. Not bringing it back.

Teen Titans had a great run. It was a great show. But it doesn't need to be brought back if there's no more quality material that they can add to it.

yea....but thats the problem.....XD fans really REALLY wanted it back.......and their voices were heard and they got it.

but really Teen Titans go! is like a bonus series for us old fans!

it's not gonna be serious....but we get to see the characters do fun and crazy stuff smile.gif

HERE ---->

it's Beastboy's voice Greg and Cyborg's voice Khary talking about the new show

Edited by merryGOflava, 18 April 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#26 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 17 2013, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yea....but thats the problem.....XD fans really REALLY wanted it back.......and their voices were heard and they got it.

but really Teen Titans go! is like a bonus series for us old fans!

it's not gonna be serious....but we get to see the characters do fun and crazy stuff smile.gif

HERE ---->

it's Beastboy's voice Greg and Cyborg's voice Khary talking about the new show

You see that's a problem right there. You say initially that this was something in response to the fans wanting it back. But if that was true then they would have brought back a show closer to the theme of the original show. By bringing out a show that's aiming for a younger crowd they're clearly not trying to please the established fans, but bring in a different demographic and just using the TT as their vehicle.

Plus I'm kind of leery of anything that Michael Jelenic touches after what he did with the ThunderCats reboot.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#27 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 18 2013, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You see that's a problem right there. You say initially that this was something in response to the fans wanting it back. But if that was true then they would have brought back a show closer to the theme of the original show. By bringing out a show that's aiming for a younger crowd they're clearly not trying to please the established fans, but bring in a different demographic and just using the TT as their vehicle.

Plus I'm kind of leery of anything that Michael Jelenic touches after what he did with the ThunderCats reboot.

^This.

Fans wanted the OLD series back, not a reboot and they have been asking for a new season way back before these was new series was even a thought. So you have to wonder did they just ignore the fans when they asked?

This new show, as they said, was to open up to a new demographic, not just the old ones and they wanted to make it for a much more broader audience. Zac has a good point too in that they could choose not to do it at all. If they just ran out of ideas for plots, then how did they come up with this stuff? If that is also the case, does that mean the quality of the stories goes down as well? "Oh such and such character stole pies from a pie factory. We have to stop them. Titans GO!"

Jokes and crazy stuff are fine, but what kind of stories are being written for this version? Are they going to be just bland stories hiding behind jokes? And seeing how how popular the old shows were, it will be hard to top it using this version.

I actually don't like the animations style personally. Starfire looks like a lollipop. Big head, small thin body.

This version will never be as good as the original. As for people not understanding after continuing the older series, well I don't think people really cared. Did any of you know that this was originally based on a comic book series? Some probably not. Did all of us care? Not really and the comic books were ten times more adult themed than the cartoon was. I always thought the old show WAS kid friendly. Go figure.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 18 2013, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they are bringing back the characters the fans loved.

that's appealing to them.

it's appealing to me XD

and...I think I said a million times why they couldn't bring them back the way we wanted T^T

again just glad they are bringing them back at all~
I for one love spin-offs!

@James

of course it will NEVER be the original, thats why it's called a spin-off XD it's focusing on the comedy this time for fun~

Edited by merryGOflava, 18 April 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#29 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 18 2013, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they are bringing back the characters the fans loved.

that's appealing to them.

it's appealing to me XD

and...I think I said a million times why they couldn't bring them back the way we wanted T^T

again just glad they are bringing them back at all~
I for one love spin-offs!

@James

of course it will NEVER be the original, thats why it's called a spin-off XD it's focusing on the comedy this time for fun~

Actually no you really haven't explained it? There have been Batman series that have ran after the Animated series that were serious in theme and for the same demographic as TAS. That simply took the time to rehash the origin stories to a newer audience. There have been several Spiderman series that have ran after the long running 90s series with the same serious theme, aimed at the same demographic, that took the time to rehash the previous grounds of the older series and they've had success. There have been two X-Men series that have ran, which took the time to acclimate a new audience into the lore of the x-men universe.

If all of these series somehow found a formula to introduce a new audience to an older established series, then there no reason that Teen Titans can't do the same. New stories would have to be made yes, but you still can have the same mature theme. That is unless that wasn't CN aim and they just want a kid friendly show that didn't cater to the older show's fans. Which seems to be the case here. Unless you're saying kids of today are too intellectually inferior and unable to follow a continued storyline with comic book characters, like they have in previous generations.

I mean you can argue it merryGOflava till you're blue in the face, but the facts don't support your statement.

#30 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Apr 18 2013, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually no you really haven't explained it? There have been Batman series that have ran after the Animated series that were serious in theme and for the same demographic as TAS. That simply took the time to rehash the origin stories to a newer audience. There have been several Spiderman series that have ran after the long running 90s series with the same serious theme, aimed at the same demographic, that took the time to rehash the previous grounds of the older series and they've had success. There have been two X-Men series that have ran, which took the time to acclimate a new audience into the lore of the x-men universe.

If all of these series somehow found a formula to introduce a new audience to an older established series, then there no reason that Teen Titans can't do the same. New stories would have to be made yes, but you still can have the same mature theme. That is unless that wasn't CN aim and they just want a kid friendly show that didn't cater to the older show's fans. Which seems to be the case here. Unless you're saying kids of today are too intellectually inferior and unable to follow a continued storyline with comic book characters, like they have in previous generations.

I mean you can argue it merryGOflava till you're blue in the face, but the facts don't support your statement.

ohmy.gif *sigh*

but the fact is bringing back the original Teen Titans (while it COULD be done as I said BEFORE) is too much of a hassle. especially when it's fine the way it is.

I'm not saying kids can't handle it....come on dude. let's not jab sad.gif

what I'm saying is kids seem LIKE this type of show better, I can say....Adventure Time is proof of that (and many others) while Shows like Young Justice do tend to confuse younger kids sometimes (HECK I was even confused!!!) Teen Titans never had the problem with me though.

but.....thats NOT even the reason Teen Titans Go! is like this!! They made Teen Titans Go! like this because they simply didn't want to focus on the story/continue were it left off, they wanted it to be a comedy show because it was easier for them to make BOUNDLESS of episodes about the simplest of things. they....simply wanted to make a fun show.

it was either maybe 1 more season of the original cartoon or a good amount of seasons with a comedy spin-off kids seem to love more anyway.

#31 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 18 2013, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif *sigh*

but the fact is bringing back the original Teen Titans (while it COULD be done as I said BEFORE) is too much of a hassle. especially when it's fine the way it is.

I'm not saying kids can't handle it....come on dude. let's not jab sad.gif

what I'm saying is kids seem LIKE this type of show better, I can say....Adventure Time is proof of that (and many others) while Shows like Young Justice do tend to confuse younger kids sometimes (HECK I was even confused!!!) Teen Titans never had the problem with me though.

but.....thats NOT even the reason Teen Titans Go! is like this!! They made Teen Titans Go! like this because they simply didn't want to focus on the story/continue were it left off, they wanted it to be a comedy show because it was easier for them to make BOUNDLESS of episodes about the simplest of things. they....simply wanted to make a fun show.

it was either maybe 1 more season of the original cartoon or a good amount of seasons with a comedy spin-off kids seem to love more anyway.

Let's compare the type of shows: thing is, Cartoon Network already has enough cartoon cartoons, like Adventure Time. A Teen Titans one is totally unnecessary. Young Justice was an example of a type of cartoon with a continuing plot and maturity, something Cartoon Network needed for variety, and they killed it. Now they're only introducing more of the same, instead.

Sure, kids like it. But chances are, everything that Teen Titans Go will try to do, Adventure Time and etc. are already doing better.

Also, you're right that it's easier for them to make episodes this way. That's kinda the problem. They're taking the easy way out.
"Hey, instead of putting thought into a show, let's just take one of our old popular ones and turn it into a cheap comedy cartoon! We can always use more of those!"

It's less about making a fun show, and more about a cheap easy grab at effortless moneymoneymoneymoney.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 18 April 2013 - 11:02 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#32 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Apr 19 2013, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's compare the type of shows: thing is, Cartoon Network already has enough cartoon cartoons, like Adventure Time. A Teen Titans one is totally unnecessary. Young Justice was an example of a type of cartoon with a continuing plot and maturity, something Cartoon Network needed for variety, and they killed it. Now they're only introducing more of the same, instead.

Sure, kids like it. But chances are, everything that Teen Titans Go will try to do, Adventure Time and etc. are already doing better.

Also, you're right that it's easier for them to make episodes this way. That's kinda the problem. They're taking the easy way out.
"Hey, instead of putting thought into a show, let's just take one of our old popular ones and turn it into a cheap comedy cartoon! We can always use more of those!"

It's less about making a fun show, and more about a cheap easy grab at effortless moneymoneymoneymoney.

I'm sorry, I completely disagree I think it's the opposite.

The creator of Teen Titans go! said he liked the shorts in DC nation that had the Teen Titans so he thought it would be a cool show.
thats why he made Teen Titans go! he also said he liked the original Teen Titans.

but DANG GUYS!!! we haven't even seen an EPISODE yet!!!? gosh!?

ya know what...I'm gonna outright say I WOULDN'T WANT THE OLD TEEN TITANS TO CONTINUE ANYWAY!! XD it ended cool! it had it's time to shine!
this is just for fun......and I don't think you guys get that........................just enjoy the characters you loved without thinking about it, you need action? deep story? go re watch the original Teen Titans. This new one wasn't made to satisfy all your needs it was just to bring back the characters and see them on fun cooky adventures. it's like a "what if" series.

also, Young Justice cancelled itself.
1) hiatus's which is kinda cartoon networks fault
2) confusing story (it was hard to get sometimes...I can't imagine how kids felt)
3) TOO many characters (kids can't keep up with it! they need a character list to be solid)
4) leaving behind the old team in season 2 (kids could have had favorites....they were probably confused and didn't like that)
5)....it's too darn depressing........even for me.

that being said I love Young Justice......but it kinda destroyed itself.

Edited by merryGOflava, 18 April 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#33 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Gawd. This should have been made into a completely new super hero parody rather than being a reeincarnation of Teen Titans.
This remind me more of Megas Xlr style humour than Teen Titans.
........... I want more Megas Xlr instead of this D=

#34 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 18 2013, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, I completely disagree I think it's the opposite.

The creator of Teen Titans go! said he liked the shorts in DC nation that had the Teen Titans so he thought it would be a cool show.
thats why he made Teen Titans go! he also said he liked the original Teen Titans.

but DANG GUYS!!! we haven't even seen an EPISODE yet!!!? gosh!?

ya know what...I'm gonna outright say I WOULDN'T WANT THE OLD TEEN TITANS TO CONTINUE ANYWAY!! XD it ended cool! it had it's time to shine!
this is just for fun......and I don't think you guys get that........................just enjoy the characters you loved without thinking about it, you need action? deep story? go re watch the original Teen Titans. This new one wasn't made to satisfy all your needs it was just to bring back the characters and see them on fun cooky adventures. it's like a "what if" series.

also, Young Justice cancelled itself.
1) hiatus's which is kinda cartoon networks fault
2) confusing story (it was hard to get sometimes...I can't imagine how kids felt)
3) TOO many characters (kids can't keep up with it! they need a character list to be solid)
4) leaving behind the old team in season 2 (kids could have had favorites....they were probably confused and didn't like that)
5)....it's too darn depressing........even for me.

that being said I love Young Justice......but it kinda destroyed itself.

Ok, I need to reply to your Young Justice parts.

1. Yep, the hiatuses are totally CN's fault.

2. Wait..what? I'm sorry but... the story was pretty straightforward. A few twists here and there, but that's it. There's not much I can add to that. And so what if the really little kids didn't get it? It had more mature themes, and it was very pleasing to see a cartoon that wasn't trying to appeal to the dumb masses. For the kids that did get it, there was a lot of good depth to find in the show. Realistic development, realistic people (even with all their superpowers), the question of whether lying to protect others is really worth it or not, self-sacrifice, etc. There was a lot of foreshadowing, too. For example, Robin's fear of becoming just like Batman in season 1 was addressed in season 2 as he did become willing to keep secrets from his allies to further a mission. That alone deals with the concept of becoming something you're ashamed of. There was obvious effort put into the show.

3. Yeah, there were a lot of characters. But there was an obvious main cast (the main five from season one remained central to the story, and the beetles were at the center of everything). And, really, the vast majority of the support characters added something to the show.

4. The time-skip, yeah... it's the main flaw of the show. It was shocking and threw away the suspense that season 1 built. That being said, the tension did build up again in season 2 as the cliffhanger from season 1 merged back into the story fully, and there was a reason for skipping that ended up being justified. It was just very jarring at first. So, I'll give the timeskip to you.

5. Depressing? At times. But, again, it added a level of maturity that was very, very refreshing.

Except for the last episode of the show... that episode was rushed as hell. The only really bad episode of the series.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 19 April 2013 - 12:43 AM.

AboojTi.gif

#35 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Apr 18 2013, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gawd. This should have been made into a completely new super hero parody rather than being a reeincarnation of Teen Titans.

Oh wow...that looks horrible.

#36 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:43 AM

Yeah, the scene with Robin really reminds me of the old XLR, but then again, this show really looks childish, not for me.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#37 PhantomCat

PhantomCat

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Apr 19 2013, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, I don't whether to laugh, cry or roll my eyes.

CN you broke my heart.

Edited by PhantomCat, 19 April 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#38 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

sigh.........Can I get a second party of positivity here.....I'm the only one.

oh well I can be excited for it by myself.........I'll tell you if the episode is cool or not.

Edited by merryGOflava, 19 April 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#39 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Apr 18 2013, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG!!! arg.gif What have they done?! They have killed the series I love so much that's blasphemy! rawr.gif I let it passed when they destroyed the Thundercats reboot but THIS! No I can't forgive them off with their heads! argh1.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#40 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

thats it!! if this show is awesome!!

start forming a line cause I want a bunch of "you were right" posts rawr.gif

and if I'm wrong.....well then I'll say you were right...they totally ruined Teen Titans. shamefulcry0js.gif

but deep down I don't think any of us want this to bomb right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users