#21 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Probably stating the obvious here, but she does look like a tough, badass biker chick. XD
I agree that she should have boots of some kind, though at least it's not an exaggerated "combat stilettos" trope at work here....

#22 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 2 2010, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But getting back to the discussion, I think I'm not lacking the lack of flair the new WW costume has. Granted, I'm not saying that Diana needs to be gallivanting around in a two-piece or a stars and stripes thong, but I'd like to see something a bit flasher for the most famous DC super heroine.

Going over the outfit again, I'd lose the jacket firstly. I like the gauntlets. I like the choker. Tiara is going to be a must anyway. But the leggings thing she has, should go. But if they must keep the leggings, give her some boots instead of that anklet slipper boot things she has on now.

I think the flashiness factor could be upped a bit by giving a bit of color to the pants. I think the all black of the pants is what's doing it. A little bit of accentuation - gold seams maybe? - could go a long way.

Actually, I'd keep the jacket, but make it more practical. That jacket she's wearing is one of those showy ones. You know, that aren't really for keeping you warm or whatever. Can't really close and such. I'd make it more of a regular biker jacket - perhaps a dark blue one - and see how it worked for her.

Agree on the boots.

Let's stick Superman and Batman in Speedos only, and see how much their core male audience likes them then.

Well, Batman's not adverse to taking his shirt off and beating the stuffing out of immortals and crocodiles and cavemen.

Besides, they did that already back in the Silver Age.

So it might not come up as too much of a dealbreaker for Batman fans if it were temporary and he were in the jungle and s***.

Superman on the other hand... EWW, EWW, KILL IT, KILL IT!
bd5.jpg

#23 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

Besides, Marvel drawers are too manly for that. fu.png

Edited by TheBerserkMoogle, 03 July 2010 - 01:15 AM.

#24 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jul 2 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the flashiness factor could be upped a bit by giving a bit of color to the pants. I think the all black of the pants is what's doing it. A little bit of accentuation - gold seams maybe? - could go a long way.

Gold seams in the pants I can go with. It's just weird it's almost like they were trying to make her more edger or grittier appearance. But she's kinda ordinary looking now. You take away the red in her costume and she'd look like an regular walkon character.

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jul 2 2010, 08:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, I'd keep the jacket, but make it more practical. That jacket she's wearing is one of those showy ones. You know, that aren't really for keeping you warm or whatever. Can't really close and such. I'd make it more of a regular biker jacket - perhaps a dark blue one - and see how it worked for her.

The jacket is an unimportant accessory. It's an alternative to having a cape. Not as dashing but its at least something. I mean for the most part she's never had a cape so they want to give her a fresh look. Giving her a cape wouldn't seem to fit so they give her a jacket. Again it's stupid because in a fight it's going to be one of the first things ripped/torn off.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 1 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still prefer the older more common WW design over the newest upcoming one.
I actually prefer this deisgn: pictureem0.gif --Click here to view--

I agree with Krisk on this could be related to the movie just like the updated Thor and Captain America looks.

Nice Uzumakikage good one. pictureem0.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 2 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gold seams in the pants I can go with. It's just weird it's almost like they were trying to make her more edger or grittier appearance. But she's kinda ordinary looking now. You take away the red in her costume and she'd look like an regular walkon character.

That seems to be what they're going for. A mix of more ordinary appearance with some classic Wonder Woman. In the story this is debuting in, the timeline's been altered so Paradise Island was destroyed when she was three and she was whisked away by some guardian Amazons to America. So for that, something that makes her blend in more makes some sense, I think. It's been mentioned that they weren't really going for edginess or grittiness anyways; just something of an appearance a bit more modern.

If the costume sticks - which I hope it does - I imagine it will be tweaked and worked with to make it stand out a bit more when chillin' with the Justice League or whatever.

The jacket is an unimportant accessory. It's an alternative to having a cape. Not as dashing but its at least something. I mean for the most part she's never had a cape so they want to give her a fresh look. Giving her a cape wouldn't seem to fit so they give her a jacket. Again it's stupid because in a fight it's going to be one of the first things ripped/torn off.

This is true, but that's part of why it was included, as said by the uncoming writer. It could be taken off or whatever and also be used to blend in more; basically cover up the colors and such that scream "hey, I'm Wonder Woman" when necessary. Plus, pockets.

Depends on how they work it, I guess.
bd5.jpg

#27 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:38 AM

I saw this in the paper and it gotta say it made me seriously disappointing. I liked her outfit! I mean come on I loved how she could kick ass in nothing but star panties and a girdle and still be taken seriously! and plus fighting crime in heels totally awesome~ <3

I bet its all those damn feminists that made them do the revamp! kittening feminists ruin everything.
lol

I dunno I just don't like the whole new look cause it basically says "HEY WW DECIDED TO GET RID OF HER INVISIBLE SHIP AND TRADED IT IN FOR A MOTORBIKE LOL WE"RE DC AND DECIDED TO SCREW EVERYTHING UP LIKE GEORGE LUCAS DOES TO STAR WARS."
just don't get me started on that. >.>

Whats next? Are they gonna ruin Power Girls outfit now? I LOVE HER OUTFIT! ;^;
Tsu.gif

#28 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:19 AM

Yeah, I'm into the new look. I think it's a solid design.

#29 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Tsunade @ Jul 2 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bet its all those damn feminists that made them do the revamp!

Feminists have an odd history with Wonder Woman, actually. Back in the mid 70's Wonder Woman was depowered, learned martial arts and was in a modest outfit (the all white one in that image last page is one of them). A feminist named Gloria Stienhem pissed and moaned about it up and down. Coupled with the Lynda Carter TV show putting the original outfit in fans minds, DC eventually caved and put Wonder Woman back in the Star Spangled Swimsuit - not to mention brought back her powers and all the mythological stuff - which she's been in ever since, barring a short stretch of time in the 90's.

Now, some feminists are screaming at this look. One noted one claims DC - and men - are ruining Wonder Woman, throwing out her iconic look, etc. Someone tried calling this person on it by bringing up that the last two writers were women and the title lost over half it's audience under them, but the comment was swiftly deleted. In short, the feminists - or at least the vocal ones - want back the revealing swimsuit.

Keep in mind they're also usually calling for less revealing outfits for superheroines, so needless to say I'm damn well confused all around as to how this works.

If the old swimsuit look comes back, it will probably be because of the feminists.

I mean come on I loved how she could kick ass in nothing but star panties and a girdle and still be taken seriously!

Eh, I dunno; I haven't really had an easy time taking her seriously in that look, iconic or not.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 July 2010 - 03:40 AM.

bd5.jpg

#30 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jul 1 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who knows, it might be. Let's face it, it's kind of tough to find an actress both willing to wear the classic, revealing outfit and who has acting chops. Not really an easy proposition to sell someone on; some actresses even outright slammed her look and the character (Megan Fox is the first one that comes to mind).

I agree. I imagine wearing that for a long period of time would chafe like hell. And really? I guess cause she's a contender in playing WW. What'd she say, if you remember?

Maybe a little. But only because he's one of the first that comes to mind in regards to superheroes who sported a jacket. Animal Man does as well.

someone posted a picture of Superboy and I still feel differently. It's not just that he wears a jacket that reminded me of him. For me, it's that it looks like he recommended the store where he got it to Diana. I want a saaaaash, something flowing off her shoulders! Something that screams that she's royalty and not from streets. Something with a Roman/Greek taste. Man, the more I look at this biker chick look, the more I miss the old look. The more I look at it ...the more I see her less of the Trinity.

speaking of her past digs, I liked her other gear too. Something that screams that she's a warrior princess. Anyone have the page where she's calling out an entire army? Like, "I, PRINCESS DIANA, OF THEMYSCIRA, CHALLENGE YOU!" while standing atop a cliff and pointing a huge-ass axe in the air?

that and the Medusa-killing gear come to mind:

omgsobadass.

...maybe because she has boob support finally. Nah I like all of it. The skirt is more flattering than those star-spangled bottoms. dw dw

EDIT:
hope you don't mind op, I added a fan-edit I picked up to your first post.

love it waaaay more.

#31 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jul 2 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hope you don't mind op, I added a fan-edit I picked up to your first post.

Nope, don't mind a bit.

love it waaaay more.

Heeeey. There you go. I like it.

Arms seem a bit too bare to me though; though I have no idea how you'd fix that while still making that work.

I agree. I imagine wearing that for a long period of time would chafe like hell. And really? I guess cause she's a contender in playing WW. What'd she say, if you remember?

I wish I could recall. The broad strokes were pretty much her just bashing the outfit and the character. Said she'd never play her, etc. A quick Google search might bring something up.

Of course, considering she was just dumped from her most lucrative role and floundering to find roles, she may feel a bit less high and mighty now. XP

Edited by dl316bh, 03 July 2010 - 04:16 AM.

bd5.jpg

#32 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

I'm fine with Diana being covered up more, as swim gear isn't the best outfit for fighting.

My main gripe with this design is that there's absolutely nothing iconic about it. It's completely bland, and has none of her previous character in it. If I didn't know this was Wonder Woman, I'd think this was just some generic superhero.

Eh, I give it a year before she's back in the one piece. Stuff like this rarely sticks.

#33 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:24 AM

The original image in the first post is the design by Jim Lee.

This is random stuff from the issue it debuted in, this weeks Wonder Woman #600, by artist Don Kramer.

I think it looks better in action.

QUOTE (KungFuTruffle @ Jul 3 2010, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, I give it a year before she's back in the one piece. Stuff like this rarely sticks.

Depends on how popular it is, actually. If this goes over well? It'll probably stick.

Remember, Robin's iconic look was green underwear and elf boots. It changed and that stuck. Such doesn't always revert.

Edited by dl316bh, 03 July 2010 - 04:28 AM.

bd5.jpg

#34 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:45 AM

I liked Krisk's edit. I think it gives a better image. dl316bh even looking at the comic panels, I swear I looks like Kon-El's little sister has finally started crime fighting. If he wasn't dead, I swear I could see her turn around in the next panel and ask, "How was that big brother?"

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#35 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:51 AM

Like it, jacket looks good I agree with the others boots would look good.

JLHza2T.png

#36 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:52 AM

Fair enough. I just think it looks better in the actual comic panels.
bd5.jpg

#37 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

Yeah, i like Krisk design too and the new WW comic page dl316bh posted, doesn't look that bad either.

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jul 2 2010, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course you would rolleyes.gif

Let's stick Superman and Batman in Speedos only, and see how much their core male audience likes them then.

Please get thought out of my head. bash.gif fu.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 03 July 2010 - 05:13 AM.

#38 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jul 2 2010, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heeeey. There you go. I like it.

Arms seem a bit too bare to me though; though I have no idea how you'd fix that while still making that work.

Mm, yeah I was thinking the same thing. Although I always liked how her arms allude to the threat that she can throw you, your mother and your extended family a far distance, I admit that they are kind of bare with this new look. Bare enough that something could be added without hurting the overall look.

I added my own edit with the only idea I had:

The only thing I could come up with was putting one of original bracelets on her upper arm. Doesn't exactly do much in a fight (except block bullets from shredding through her biceps, but I'd figure maneuvering would prove to be abit more difficult), but I think it'd be nice to give a nod to her last look.

I wish I could recall. The broad strokes were pretty much her just bashing the outfit and the character. Said she'd never play her, etc. A quick Google search might bring something up.

Of course, considering she was just dumped from her most lucrative role and floundering to find roles, she may feel a bit less high and mighty now. XP

Pfft, wow Fox. I guess she has a point in having trouble accepting such a blatantly revealing outfit, but I don't think it's THAT bad. At least bad enough to say that she'd never play her. You think they'd come to an understanding. Sides, she's worn worst stuff in the past, at least this time she'll be able to kick some ass instead of only walking around as fap-fodder. and LOL but Transformers doesn't exactly shout OSCAR PERFORMANCE tongue.gif

Sucks that there aren't alot of people that come to mind to play Diana. Megan Fox and Lucy Lawless are the only ones that come to mind at the moment. I'm sure there are alot more though, just gotta find them.

#39 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 3 2010, 06:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I liked Krisk's edit. I think it gives a better image. dl316bh even looking at the comic panels, I swear I looks like Kon-El's little sister has finally started crime fighting. If he wasn't dead, I swear I could see her turn around in the next panel and ask, "How was that big brother?"

Then you're in luck, because Kon-El isn't dead anymore. biggrin.gif

#40 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jul 3 2010, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then you're in luck, because Kon-El isn't dead anymore. biggrin.gif

It helps superhero resurrections when the legal wrangling over whether the people writing about him have the legal rights to write about him have been resolved. (The estate of Seigel sued over Superboy, aka Kon-El, for the uninformed; it wasn't until... 2008, I think? That the lawsuit was resolved. While they tried to keep the character active while the lawsuit was going on, it was clearly difficult for the writers involved, which was why it was decided that he should be killed off. It took a while to figure out how to resurrect him once that was complete, though...

...and, since I'm not really a fan of the American comic book scene in general (though I often like the animated shows produced from said comics), I wouldn't have known any of this if I hadn't, literally just minutes before seeing Vyse's post, been trawling for data on Superman's family to settle an argument)

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users