International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jul 1 2010, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Last Airbender is...

The WORSE MOVIE EVER!!!!!!! shamefulcry0js.gif

That's what I'm hearing, yeah. Even some friends who are huge Avatar fans are saying the movie is absolutely terrible. From bad special effects, bad fight scenes right down to bad acting.

Which is crazy. They had a hundred and a half million dollar budget. The only way I could see them putting out special effects as atrocious as I'm hearing is if they blew the entire budget on crack.
bd5.jpg

#24 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Jul 1 2010, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Last Airbender is...

The WORSE MOVIE EVER!!!!!!! shamefulcry0js.gif

That's quite a claim. biggrin.gif

Have you seen:
  • Highlander 2?
  • Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation?
  • Battlefield Earth?
  • Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever?
  • Gigli?

It has some pretty tough competition for that title. tongue.gif

At least, we still have the cartoon.

#25 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

I thought it was okay. My main trouble with the movie is it seemed like it had a beginning....then an end. Fitting in 10 hours of a season's quite hard to fit in 1 hour and 40ish minutes. They really could do better with character development, the choreography was good, adding in the real, Asian pronunciations of names such as Aang being pronounced with an Aw sound instead of an ah sound and Agni Kai actually being produced as Agni Ki was not really something that bugged me. Sokka needs to step up his humor though....

Things that didn't make it in. --Click here to view--
Damn it, no Kiyoshi Warriors!
or the Machinist and his Air balloons!

Here's a list of things that got changed: Spoiler heavy for the movie. http://www.racebendi...cartoon-series/

#26 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 1 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Things that didn't make it in. --Click here to view--
Damn it, no Kiyoshi Warriors!

Yeah, M. Knight spoke about that actually on a behind-the-scenes feature on Nick last night. He said the Kiyoshi Warriors are his *favourite* characters from the entire series, and he had hours and hours of footage about just them (and some of the footage looked pretty good). But he decided to cut them all out of the movie because he said he was having sooo much fun with the KW, that the movie was beginning to revolve around them. Because apparently to him, he could write story after story about them, and the movie would no longer be about 'Aang' the Last Avatar.

It made little sense to me. Couldn't he have kept them in the movie even a *little* bit. I mean these actresses put in a lot of time, effort, and energy...just to get cut on pretty much a whim.

#27 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

And that is one reason I don't like M. Night Shyamalan. His new stuff just sucks.

#28 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

Exactly, Shauna-sama. I mean, it's really, really important to at least introduce Suki! Like I mentioned before, the movie, to me, basically HAD no middle part. Everything felt rushed.... Oh well, let's hope that if there is a sequel, it'd be better.... I just realize though, Book Earth might ruin the movies for me if they mess up on Azula.... Gah
mad.gif And I know they probably will....

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 01 July 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#29 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

Hey, I'm just hoping that Toph will be good in the second movie.

Edited by KonaKonaFan, 02 July 2010 - 02:34 AM.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#30 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:11 PM

I bet this Toph can see nothing or sense nothing at all, because she is incapable of seeing anything less badass than herself. 8D

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 01 July 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#31 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

spoilers and reviews and general good stuff --Click here to view--
In the golden age of the kingdom called Hollywood, there was harmony between the four elements: writing, acting, editing and directing. When, in the dying days of the millennium, a phantom menace named George Lucas threw the kingdom out of balance, a young image bender named M. Night Shyamalan fought back with his sixth sense. The elders hailed him as the chosen one — but he was a charlatan. Shyamalan’s latest creation, “The Last Airbender,” is a toxic potion that will put children to sleep and kill his career.

---
You know how Sokka was that witty sarcastic guy that would crack jokes, albeit terrible jokes, but jokes nonetheless in the TV series? Sokka does not make one joke the entire movie. Sokka does not say anything sarcastic the entire movie. Sokka is serious and cunning.Aang is no longer optimistic and cheerful, he's serious and brooding. The CGI completely overwhelms the movie and the choreography leaves a lot to be desired. The story is rushed to try and fit as much as it can to complete book 1 before the ending.

I'm not even going to tell you what they did to Iroh.

-
Onion AV - F - Shyamalan lets his unimpressive special effects do the work for him while coaxing performances from his young cast that make Jake Lloyd’s performance in The Phantom Menace look studied.

Ty Burr/Boston Globe - One Star Out Of Five - “The Last Airbender’’ is dreadful, an incomprehensible fantasy-action epic that makes the 2007 film “The Golden Compass,’’ a similarly botched adaptation of a beloved property from another medium, look like a four-star classic.

A.O. Scott/New York Times - “The Last Airbender”? Let’s hope so, though there is a scene at the very end that gestures toward a sequel. After 94 minutes — was that all? I could have sworn it was days — of muddy 3-D imagery and muddled storytelling, the idea that this is just the first “Last Airbender” seems either delusionally optimistic or downright cruel.

--
This needs to be the end of M. Night Shyamalan. The Happening was a joke but The Last Airbender is an insult. I wouldn’t let him direct me to the restroom after this movie. If a studio wants to hire him, they would be better off burning their money for warmth. He’s a fool for thinking that whitewashing the movie wasn’t problematic. He’s a fraud for turning in a script that’s not worth the napkin it’s written on. He’s a hack for cobbling together a vapid, cruel taunt of a movie that blows its budget on subpar visual effects and massive sets while refusing to take even a second to provide a character moment. As much as I hate this movie, it hates me and every person who sees it even more. I don’t care that the year is only half over. I’m calling it: The Last Airbender is the worst movie of 2010. It’s too disturbing to consider that there could be something even more hideous out there.

Rating: F (I wish there was a lower grade I could give)

---
I think my favorite part was at the beginning when they dubbed the cartoon's VA for Zuko over Dev Patel for his first line of the movie

---
  • Sokka has about 7 lines in the whole movie, while the fire lord is almost a lead character.
  • You don't see Katara train to be a bender, in fact you never even learn the name of Aang's teacher, the water bending master.
  • There is NO Koizilla, in fact nothing bad happens to the fire nation at all.
  • No Suki
  • Firebenders barely ever firebent
  • Katara's actor couldnt pronounce ANY names
  • Iroh/Zhao fight never happened
  • Haroo was like, 8
  • No Jet
  • No pirates
  • They missed lots of chances to say memorable lines from the show
  • Aang didnt kill Zhao, 4 unnamed waterbenders did
  • Aang didnt sink the Fire Navy, and instead let it sail away

---
Takes three years for the comet to arrive.

--
  • He blew up Zukos ship.
  • There was no fire duel or Agni Kai.
  • Waterbenders kill Zhao.
  • He kills the Moon spirit.
  • Iroh doesnt fight anyone.

---
And I think everybody who has criticized Shyamalan for casting white actors as Asian characters in this film should admit they were wrong. Clearly, Shyamalan tried to cast Asians, but he just couldn't find any whose performances were lifeless enough.

http://io9.com/55760...y-made-a-comedy
---

"AANG! JUST ONCE!"

"I should've seen twilight."

"I want my money back. Actually, I wish I had my hair back too."

"Momo. I never heard the name, Momo."

"Jun wasn't in the movie. I should've been."

--
"We're changing the pronunciations for greater cultural accuracy" they said.

Also I seem to recall people defending the racebending by stating that it's the actors talent that matters. "We're casting based on acting ability, not race", they said.

Well there ya go, this is the "possible best".

btw I thought Azula
was at the end with a disappointing maniacal grin? Also does Iroh really say something about freaking coffee? Christ almighty.
Can you confirm this Shad and/or Cupcake?

Also the sequels. Judging by this... endless stream of vehement hate for this movie, I doubt that we'll get sequels. Unless someone does a reboot of everything. If not and we do get 2 more, I don't even think Toph and Jun can save this. What Mr. Shyamalan did to this entire thing -- I fear for our saviors.

OH! And liked Mortal Kombat 2! Sure with my nostalgia goggles glued to my face, but still. tongue.gif

#32 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Sokka, as I said, needs to step up the humor, no Kiyoshi Warriors or Suki at all, no Koizilla, Azula's grin near the end wasn't...too disappointing, just a bit half-heartedly. Somebody already mentioned the lack of dialogue. A few pronunciations were changed to be more accurate to their respective Asian languages. Basically, for me the movie was Beginning.....End, where's the middle? I think it wasn't good, but it wasn't a complete flop like...brr, Dragon Ball Evolution. I certainly don't think we should continue the harsh "OMG! THIS SUCKS! BURN SHYAMALAN ALIVE!!!!" until Books 2 and 3 come out...if they do. But that's just my passive personality. I think Sokka, Aang, and Iroh were portrayed a bit more realistically. Sokka's a lot more reserved and serious because, well, he IS basically the only man in his village, he had a HUGE responsibility. Aang, having just lost his entire fellow monks will of course be a lot more sullen and less upbeat. Iroh's not silly, but he could probably a lot worse being too serious. I think Zuko needs more anger though. For being a cast with only Aang's actor knowing martial arts, the fight scenes were a bit decent, if only there were more..... Too much focus on Aang, yet somehow not having enough character development for all of the characters that need it (yes including Aang). Though if Toph and Azula's characters were done badly, it'd further ruin any chance to regain its audience.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 01 July 2010 - 07:21 PM.

#33 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (krisk @ Jul 1 2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Judging by this... endless stream of vehement hate for this movie, I doubt that we'll get sequels.

After this, I highly doubt there will be sequels; actually, judging by the fan reaction, I'm not sure anyone actually WANTS a sequel.
bd5.jpg

#34 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

LOL I watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs!!! OMG, this was so very funny~~!!! 111189.gif I still can't come around! It was a freaking awesome cartoon kiddo movie! XD

#35 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jul 2 2010, 05:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL I watched Cloudy with a chance of meatballs!!! OMG, this was so very funny~~!!! 111189.gif I still can't come around! It was a freaking awesome cartoon kiddo movie! XD

I liked it as well. It wasn't amazing or anything but it surprised me. I love the dad.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#36 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

Him and his HUGE unibrow... Wow!

#37 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:03 AM

Uhmmmm

Despicable Me? happy.gif

Bad Villain, wants to steal the moon but then meets 3 little girls who soften his heart. Sounds like a plot, oh and the minions as well as Gru's mother and Dr Nefario. Sounds like a movie i will definitely enjoy.

I know that the first 3 trailers didn't quite explain it, but the latest trailer really explains it.

Steve Carell's voice is great, i didn't know he could do that Austrian voice. Then Julie Andrew's voice as Gru's mother really unexpected. Rusell Grant really sounds like an old guy, i was surprised that it was him who did the voice of Dr Nefario.

The two directors are the voices of the minions, they basically mixed a bunch of languages together and came up with something unique. Elsie Fisher's voice of Agnes the youngest is soooo cute xDD

Edited by Strangelove, 04 July 2010 - 01:16 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#38 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:04 AM

Awwww..... That girl with the ponytail is so....so... SO CUTE! whatthekitten.gif

#39 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 4 2010, 05:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awwww..... That girl with the ponytail is so....so... SO CUTE! whatthekitten.gif

Agnes? Oh yeah she is xD and the voice isn't masked at all, that's the real voice of the actress that does her voice.

Edited by Strangelove, 04 July 2010 - 04:54 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#40 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:59 AM

"It..soo...FLUFFY!!!!" lol

My brother works at Fox News Center, he got some tickets to go see that on tuesday. Honestly, wish I could go see it with him.

Edited by No WhereMan, 04 July 2010 - 05:01 AM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users